Motorised Surfboards

funpeeler's picture
funpeeler started the topic in Friday, 2 Dec 2011 at 2:14am

Here they come.. http://wavejet.com/

Great. A mal that can move 2-3 tiomes faster than being paddled and can get on waves *even* earlier...

lawsy's picture
lawsy's picture
lawsy Wednesday, 7 Dec 2011 at 2:16am

Great, now we will have motorised SUP's with the ability to run over a few more board riders each session...

Seriously, they don't look that good though and I hope they don't work that well. One thing currently in our favour is the fact you need a reasonable level of fitness to surf. If these things remove that requirement it will be even more crowded...

No prices yet and I bet they are ridiculously high which will be a good thing...

spongebob's picture
spongebob's picture
spongebob Wednesday, 7 Dec 2011 at 7:14am

Do they come with rod holders?

scoopmaster's picture
scoopmaster's picture
scoopmaster Thursday, 8 Dec 2011 at 5:00am

i saw them on TV a month or so back, prototypes selling for around 10 grand maybe less if/when mass production begins. I would expect them to fall under the category of a personal watercraft i.e need a licence and registration and minimum distance from other water users would apply, effectively rendering them unnapealing to the vast majority of potential australian users. Also with a top speed of about 30km/hr and not very much noise they would not be fast or noisy enough for the average F%$#wit who currently owns a jetski. I don't expect to see my local reefs overrun with them any time soon!

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Tuesday, 24 Feb 2015 at 8:14am

Wavejet no longer ,company folded ?

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Tuesday, 24 Feb 2015 at 9:29am

Where'd you read that Udo?

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Tuesday, 24 Feb 2015 at 9:30am

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Tuesday, 24 Feb 2015 at 9:30am

Wow.. just found it (can't say it's any great surprise).

http://wavejet.com/statement

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Tuesday, 24 Feb 2015 at 10:57am

Good on them for still honouring any warranty issues.

abc-od's picture
abc-od's picture
abc-od Tuesday, 24 Feb 2015 at 11:33am

A small win for lineups everywhere.