Surfing with a Pro - Northern Beaches Sydney

ninavictoria's picture
ninavictoria started the topic in Tuesday, 8 Nov 2011 at 1:26am

Hi, My husband is a mad surfer and will go for a surf at any opportunity. Its our wedding anniversary coming up and i thought for something different i would try and organise a surf/paddle with a pro as a present. Does anyone know of any local pros who would be keen to go for a surf and give some technique tips etc. happy to pay for the service. Please advise. thanks

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Tuesday, 8 Nov 2011 at 1:44am

G'day Nina,

Call Matt Grainger at Manly Surf School. He often surfs with Tom Carroll and would know how to put you in contact with the drop-in king.

You could also contact Tim at Aloha Manly Style. He's often got Kai Otton, Dayyan Neve and Richie Lovett in the store.

BTW, great idea.

ninavictoria's picture
ninavictoria's picture
ninavictoria Tuesday, 8 Nov 2011 at 2:02am

Sweet thanks heaps. will get in touch with them. I think my husband just picked up a new board from Aloha so hopefully that will sweeten the deal :)

victor's picture
victor's picture
victor Tuesday, 8 Nov 2011 at 2:12am

nina vic hi, im sure any of the chaps mentioned would gladly help you out,if you have to pay for there services would be great if they could donate that money to disabled surfers or similar...but im pretty sure even tommy the charger could do it for free.....

ninavictoria's picture
ninavictoria's picture
ninavictoria Tuesday, 8 Nov 2011 at 2:44am

Hey i'm happy to donate to any charity. My husband surfed in the SurfAid comp at Queensy last Friday so i'd be happy to donate again to Surf Aid or another similar charity. Any suggestions if the guys wanted to do it for free? I think Tom's a local too isn't he as i often see him at Curlie

non-local's picture
non-local's picture
non-local Wednesday, 9 Nov 2011 at 12:00am

Have you let the cat out of the bag here nina? Does your husband read the forums?

ninavictoria's picture
ninavictoria's picture
ninavictoria Thursday, 10 Nov 2011 at 12:07am

he reads Real Surf...pretty sure he doesn't read Swell Net. i should have used a better alias hey! Got TC confirmed for Jan. thanks for all your help guys.

victor's picture
victor's picture
victor Thursday, 10 Nov 2011 at 7:55am

T.C. for free .......in january.