camels norwest barrell

victor's picture
victor started the topic in Friday, 30 Sep 2011 at 7:46am

anyone seen camels tube from up the bluff,saw it on freshmullet.com.what a tube- a definete ten out of ten,corby brown could not of got deeper,any comments ?

ftl's picture
ftl's picture
ftl Saturday, 1 Oct 2011 at 2:15am

I have to say, that was absolutely mental. Perfect entry and exit, absolutely flawless.

victor's picture
victor's picture
victor Saturday, 1 Oct 2011 at 7:24am

after 139 views ,finally a reply....ftl you summed it perfectly, was starting to think no one else thought much of it. to me that broken down to a 30 shot sequence,would come in on par with scardys fiji wave last year,much smaller i know but as you said entry and exit,and the first 100 metres of high line pumps -f ing beautiful......

camboboog's picture
camboboog's picture
camboboog Monday, 3 Oct 2011 at 2:51pm

WOW!! Without a doubt one of the most bullshit barrels I have ever seen. The way that it triple sucked over that ledge... and he was so far back... completely fuckin' amazing. How fast was he going to get to the ledge?? Fuck. Has anyone spoken to him about that wave? Legendary status needs to be cemented.

rail2rail's picture
rail2rail's picture
rail2rail Wednesday, 5 Oct 2011 at 8:20am

Victor, looks like all of those barrels he clocked up at G-Land was pretty good preparation for Tombies. No doubt about it, the guy is a charger! Filth Barrel.

victor's picture
victor's picture
victor Wednesday, 5 Oct 2011 at 9:31am

sure was a filth barrell,only wish the camel had of claimed it,was certainly worthy of a doubled handed claim,one cool dude i reckon,steve shearer what due you think ? mr camel get on line tell us about it---please......

victor's picture
victor's picture
victor Wednesday, 5 Oct 2011 at 9:37am

gold coin donation to swellnet to send THE CAMEL to paddle big chopes.

rail2rail's picture
rail2rail's picture
rail2rail Wednesday, 5 Oct 2011 at 12:31pm

Check this out;

http://www.coastalwatch.com/news/article.aspx?articleId=9471&cateId=86&t... foot at Margies - charging the bomb sets&display=0

victor's picture
victor's picture
victor Thursday, 6 Oct 2011 at 5:07am

600 odd reads of this post,a buck each,theres the camels airfare to fiji taken care of,if swellnet can't or do not wish to chip in im sure the boys at stabmag will,sam and the boys watch the weather maps and at the drop of a hat head to the airport,bound for fiji to charge cloudbreak and reckon they would love to have the big fella with them,sorry about this post camel,but your northwest barrell was so good ,just gotta see some more from you..

lopez's picture
lopez's picture
lopez Friday, 7 Oct 2011 at 4:06am

Had the pleasure a few years back to sit under the tree and watch Camel methodically take Moneytrees apart.7 ft swell rolling thru and Camel just ripping with big fades, barrels, cracking the lip all while wearing a Red gimp mask .

Best exhibition of our art form Ive seen including wardrobe.

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Friday, 7 Oct 2011 at 8:38am

One of the last of the mohicans.......lets hope Camel holds ground on land demons and keeps pushing the limits in the water.

I'll throw a gold coin to see him at massive Cloudbreak.

caml's picture
caml's picture
caml Friday, 7 Oct 2011 at 12:07pm

yeah boys i wish i knew who u masked men are with the code names but im caml and i dont claim and u can phone me to hava chat .i dont say much but really i have lots to say. 0406114163 yeeeaaahh

caml's picture
caml's picture
caml Friday, 7 Oct 2011 at 12:13pm

the best footage is on surfline or taj burrows.com .they all missed the take off but whos gonna be watching an old camel anyway ?

victor's picture
victor's picture
victor Monday, 10 Oct 2011 at 8:58am

more footage of camel.at g land,im guessing its mr goulden on a 9'6 or bigger,as some one mentioned his love of big boards.googled camel g land ,7min movie popped up with mc cauley and friends at g land,filmed back in 2006,man dat camels had some tube time......

victor's picture
victor's picture
victor Wednesday, 12 Oct 2011 at 7:28am

have just read camels description of that norwest tube on another site? good rundown, and a mention of lots of desert cigarettes,he he. sounds like the big bloke tuberides just as good and deep on a boogie board as well.. GO THE CLOUDBREAK CAMEL.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Friday, 3 Jan 2014 at 7:39pm

sickest pit.

uplift's picture
uplift's picture
uplift Friday, 3 Jan 2014 at 8:12pm

'big bloke'

Sneaky, you are victor aren't you camster!

But then I guess if you were standing with a heap of pro surfers, you would like kind of huge.

caml's picture
caml's picture
caml Friday, 3 Jan 2014 at 8:31pm

W t f ?

uplift's picture
uplift's picture
uplift Friday, 3 Jan 2014 at 8:38pm

Yeh, that's what I said?

caml's picture
caml's picture
caml Friday, 3 Jan 2014 at 8:45pm

This thread is so old i had forgot about it . My. fone numbers changed

caml's picture
caml's picture
caml Friday, 3 Jan 2014 at 8:59pm

Remember the wave but , lucky one really . Havent had one as deep since . At gnaraloo anyway

caml's picture
caml's picture
caml Friday, 3 Jan 2014 at 9:07pm

2011 this threads from uplift thats wat t f

uplift's picture
uplift's picture
uplift Friday, 3 Jan 2014 at 9:22pm

Yeh, I only saw it when Udo revived it. Went one post up, there you are, 'big bloke'... or 'big boy' minor detail. Toddy sent me a link to that wave ages ago, top effort. But, its not camster anymore for me, 'Big Boy' sounds cooler. The sponsors will like it better.

caml's picture
caml's picture
caml Friday, 3 Jan 2014 at 9:27pm

Sponsors , yeah um sorry about that wetty sponno . Big guy haah

mitchvg's picture
mitchvg's picture
mitchvg Friday, 3 Jan 2014 at 9:30pm
caml wrote:

At gnaraloo anyway

This cnt haha

uplift's picture
uplift's picture
uplift Friday, 3 Jan 2014 at 9:31pm

Still not as good as when the hallowed, deadly accurate Surfers Journal tried to pass the vicco 'diplomat', 'wordy', off as 'a burly hulk of a man'. Poor cunt, he almost had to leave town, everyone had a copy. 'Here's a bomb, go ya burly little hulk!' Surfers Journal. Then Taip's sucked some journo into writing there how he discovered and charged his way through Indo.

Toddy did hint that his memory was a bit shot, and it coulda been him on that NW wave though?

You gotta help van vanity with his crab stance.

uplift's picture
uplift's picture
uplift Friday, 3 Jan 2014 at 9:35pm

'yeah um sorry about that wetty sponno'

Make sure you put that in the 'Big Boy' story.

caml's picture
caml's picture
caml Friday, 3 Jan 2014 at 9:38pm

I only understand last sentence about crab stance . Havent deciphered the rest yet .

caml's picture
caml's picture
caml Friday, 3 Jan 2014 at 9:40pm

Ok problem solved

uplift's picture
uplift's picture
uplift Friday, 3 Jan 2014 at 9:44pm

Half solved.

uplift's picture
uplift's picture
uplift Friday, 3 Jan 2014 at 9:45pm

Hows the way I can do two things excellently at once.

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Friday, 3 Jan 2014 at 9:54pm

Uplift how come u are not in the pit in that photo?

uplift's picture
uplift's picture
uplift Friday, 3 Jan 2014 at 10:03pm

I wanted to be sure that you could see I'm a big guy. Plus, I heard that you were back in there somewhere.

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Friday, 3 Jan 2014 at 10:17pm

haha nah ive been drinking too much lately

reecen's picture
reecen's picture
reecen Friday, 3 Jan 2014 at 10:53pm

Uppity what I want to know is, what is it like surfing with gum boots on?

uplift's picture
uplift's picture
uplift Friday, 3 Jan 2014 at 11:07pm

Forget it, you've got much more important things to worry about with your surfing.

uplift's picture
uplift's picture
uplift Friday, 3 Jan 2014 at 11:09pm

Anyway you losers, get your own stories and stop trying to flog other peoples limelight.

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Friday, 3 Jan 2014 at 11:24pm

uplifts/// sorry JLS .... is worried with all that extra " bulk " he's unecessarily carrying that his bare feet will " injure " the Pacific Coral . The boots are just a barrier between two ancient skeletons ....

uplift's picture
uplift's picture
uplift Saturday, 4 Jan 2014 at 2:32pm

Slightly bemusing.

uplift's picture
uplift's picture
uplift Saturday, 4 Jan 2014 at 9:31pm

The most bemusing part, is that the booties are actually half the former caml, 'big boy's' design. We used all the best attributes of different booties, plus some different ideas, for the perfect surf bootie. I was in the position to have them made for us, and got them done. The rest is 'history', so to speak.

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Sunday, 5 Jan 2014 at 2:05am

I remember camel wearing some suit made in WA with pockets for booties and cut off below the knees.
Made for coming in on the reef using your knees to climb up the coral. Seemed like a good suit for places like one palm.And stashing booties,wax and a beng beng or two in the stash pocket.
Is that the wetty you are talking about?

uplift's picture
uplift's picture
uplift Sunday, 5 Jan 2014 at 12:42pm

Thats even more bemusing! No, not that one, its booties Im talking about. Although some interesting wetty stuff was involved. It was when wetsuits were really inflexible. Rip Curl had no idea how to make a flexi one so their 'design technicians' used to bullshit and say it was impossible, because the suits would be too flexi and come off in the surf... hilarious. However, some other people came across some super flexi, for back then, rubber and did it. Everyone was blown away, hard to imagine now what it was like. The 'big three' freaked, and I got to see first hand how much 'spiritual bro'ship' there is in surfing. I feel really sorry for those guys that made those suits, Tracks did a thing, how they were blown away by the suits, the first truly flexible suits.

At that time The former caml, 'big boy' was working on designing a 6" thick chainmail suit, with built in bullet proof vests, hari krishna and peace stickers, and sensors warning when he was approaching the SA border, that activated an ejection mechanism.

lopez's picture
lopez's picture
lopez Sunday, 5 Jan 2014 at 3:25pm

The pocket suits were designed by a couple of G land regulars. Ridor suits.Great idea.Want one Camel would know the contact . Pete in WA I believe.

uplift's picture
uplift's picture
uplift Sunday, 5 Jan 2014 at 3:30pm

Ahhh, it gets even more bemusing!