teahupoo...was today surfings ultimate day

victor's picture
victor started the topic in Sunday, 28 Aug 2011 at 7:52am

what next,after todays chopes tow sessions,is there a wave any heavier in the world.is there any thing left to conquer......can todays action be beaten..luke egan called some waves 30ft..surely chopes today ,the rides ,the wipeouts,big wave tow surfing must be the most extreme sport on earth.......1 cubic metre of water equals 1ton..moving at 20kmhs per hour or more ?do some sums...just absolute bullshit...20 other surfers with figs as big as lairds...why dont all these chargers wear gath helmets or some sort of head protection.

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Sunday, 28 Aug 2011 at 9:00pm

They don't wear helmets because it would ruin the photo. Seen it on the news this morning, interviewed Bruce Irons and Koby Aberton, not 2 0f the sharpest knives in the surfing draw.

batfink's picture
batfink's picture
batfink Monday, 29 Aug 2011 at 6:13am

...... :-)........

two-dogs's picture
two-dogs's picture
two-dogs Monday, 29 Aug 2011 at 7:16am

I dont think there will be anything come close for a long time. Or be as well documented if it does

offshoreozzie's picture
offshoreozzie's picture
offshoreozzie Monday, 29 Aug 2011 at 3:01pm

Lot's of coverage of Bruce's bomb, but I've been trying to get a look at Fletcher's... am i blind? Anyone got a link? (i don't think it's in the coverage on this site but happy to be proven wrong!)