bali surf trip

milkyjoe's picture
milkyjoe started the topic in Thursday, 1 May 2014 at 2:00pm

hey,

next month I'm heading bali bound with surf board in tow and looking for some advice for good places to stay.

I'd describe myself somewhere in between a reg footed beginner and intermediate surfer and was ideally looking to stay somewhere where they'll help me progress to linking my turns and catching those bigger waves.

I've done a fair bit of google research but found it difficult to identify places that cater for us guys in the middle (not total beginer not shredder)

Thanks

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Thursday, 1 May 2014 at 3:51pm

Depends if you want to surf beachies or reefs. Could be worth spending a few days in the Caangu region, and then as your confidence builds trying some of the more mellow reefs - either Airport Lefts/Airport Rights in the Kuta region, or head west of Caangu to Medewi (cruisy point). Lots of uncrowded waves further along that stretch of coast too that'd be worthwhile sniffing around.

milkyjoe's picture
milkyjoe's picture
milkyjoe Thursday, 1 May 2014 at 5:12pm

bit of both, I've heard theres some soft reefs which are a good intro to reef surfing.

would you perhaps recommend staying with a surf camp for guiding/coaching? and if so recommend any?

thanks

evosurfer's picture
evosurfer's picture
evosurfer Thursday, 1 May 2014 at 7:56pm

milkyjoe:Balian has what you need soft quality surf over reef and surf accomadation with instructors. Perfect for you.Just google it.