Dog hit by car

wookie's picture
wookie started the topic in Monday, 27 Jun 2011 at 1:49am

hey guys, seen a dog get cleaned up by a car at beacon (victoria) on the weekend. just wondering if anyone knows who it was and if it survived? probs one of the most brutal things ive seen in a while!

rasda's picture
rasda's picture
rasda Monday, 27 Jun 2011 at 2:53am

same here in leichhardt sydney, must be going around.

little pink fluffball was tearing down a side street doing good 6 foot leaps, I was too slow to even yell 'look out' as it ran into the main road and a van hit it, either the wheel or a guard, flipped up and came down not moving.

A lady walking behind looked like an owner so I said I think your dog's dead, but it wasn't hers, she picked it up and said it's still moving. was stiff as a board and the eye didn't blink when I poked my finger up to it

bombora's picture
bombora's picture
bombora Tuesday, 12 Jul 2011 at 9:33am

Pretty dangerous approaching a dog that has been injured. If they are in pain they'll lash out with their teeth at anything or anyone within reach. Saw one like that as a kid outside our school. Went between the dual wheels of a truck and just lay there. Guy ran up to it and as soon as he got within reach the dog latched onto his arm long enough to rip some decent lumps of flesh off then ran away.

rasda's picture
rasda's picture
rasda Tuesday, 12 Jul 2011 at 11:14am

One I saw was like a leg of lamb at the butcher's, my finger poking up to its eye convinced me, and any single tremor of heartbeat the woman felt was isolated and not a sign of life, going by the other 99.9% of dead meat signs it showed.

Saw one as a kid, it had a huge cute ribbon around it's neck, in the gutter.

There are a couple of strict dog training things to learn before a city dog should be let off a leash, after some serious crossing the road lessons.