Bells-for whom that may know?

rangoon's picture
rangoon started the topic in Sunday, 24 Apr 2011 at 12:16pm

Occy’s speed and flow in the legends surf off looked a cut above. He looked like he could’ve put in a show in the main event. Does anyone know what sort of craft he was on??
And Parko’s (carbon) fins, what make and size were they?

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Monday, 25 Apr 2011 at 4:41am

Occy was on a round-tailed king-pin with the quad set -up.

Parko's fins are the KR (kinetic racing) variety.....didn't see the size but it'd probably be on the JS website.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Monday, 25 Apr 2011 at 5:55am

Hey Freeride, would be very interested to know how the announcement of the Search being held in frigid San-Fran was received on the ground there at Bells?

Typhoon season over, winter north swells not yet kicking in. Were the pro's just punching the air, whoops of joy, high fives all round in anticipation of 2ft windswells wrapped in 5mm rubber?

Hope I'm wrong.

I can't believe Singer and Claw signed off on it.

rangoon's picture
rangoon's picture
rangoon Monday, 25 Apr 2011 at 8:14am

Thanks Freeride, the reason I asked about the fins is that it was mentioned (Doherty I think) that Parko was waiting on delivery of a new set of carbon fins for the contest. I wasn’t sure if it was part of a sales pitch or if Joel really had a different or revised design from his kinetic signature model. Interesting to see his signature fins have a larger surface area than the fins Occy or Luke Egan use and they are bigger than the FCS Garcia model.Big Fins! i like big fins
The kinectic racing and JS sites are light on specs for their overpriced carbon fins.

Kingpin, that explains the girth. He had it moving so well.

rangoon's picture
rangoon's picture
rangoon Monday, 25 Apr 2011 at 9:23am

one last question Freeride
.i reckon there be some insightful footage captured on ‘that’ handycam over Easter. Is Swellnet going to receive a snippet or two?

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Tuesday, 26 Apr 2011 at 1:33am

Sure...just have to edit it. But it's old news now.

As for the San Fran thing;;;;;;I didn't hear any of the pros reaction but there was some stunned disbelief in the media room from some of the Euro journos.

At least they are being consistent with this new direction.

MarkPridmore's picture
MarkPridmore's picture
MarkPridmore Wednesday, 27 Apr 2011 at 11:03pm

I'll be interested to see how both these 2 seppo comps go, going in with no expectations but if its all for marketing and dollars, not good, but if there's good surfing, I'll be watching....

SS, you covering any other events this year, ? hope so.....