curl curl sux and every looser loves it (part one)

surfingsfuturepro's picture
surfingsfuturepro started the topic in Monday, 7 Mar 2011 at 3:59am

just shows how many loosers are their i was their the other day and there was over 100 plus people at the south point with the crappiest breaks so i went for a tiny drive up the road to a bigger beach wich was ten times better and only about 30 people all spread out funny how people think they own things that arent even theirs there might be 10000 plus so called surfers out there in aus but im sure there are 0nly around 500 good ones that leave us with 9500 plus loosers im sure though some know how too share and not every one of them are loosers though there wouldnt be many

surfingsfuturepro Monday, 7 Mar 2011 at 4:08am

ps funny how almost everyone disapears on a big big day so maybe the loosers should leave and leave it too the pro's and learners until u can appreciate the surf true meaning and i am not trying too insult any one just dealing with the overcrowding crises wich is caused by fake surfers

wink's picture
wink's picture
wink Monday, 7 Mar 2011 at 5:07am

Hi spellingsfuturepro,

I think many of your issues can be fixed here. The rest can be solved with a bit of patience and understanding.

If the surfing population of Australia is in fact 10,000, you must have been unlucky to catch South Curly with over 1% of the nation's surfers out there at the same time.

surfingsfuturepro Monday, 7 Mar 2011 at 8:52am

hey wink how are u brother forget the spelling no one is perfect anyways, it was only an opinion as long as everyone was having a good time, they would (oz) had a 10 times better time if they were more open minded anyway more waves for the others and i, they seemed all angry and stressed what a waste of time i could feel there stress until i left then full relaxation with PLENTY of PATIENCE and UNDERSTANDING.

ps i like ur little ur issues can be fixed here quite funny ,also i was only going by the stats (10000) and growing , i seen on a recent doc done by business marketing exects and world class surfers (called bombora i think available at the abc shop)hopefully the crowds comes down when they build the wave pool @ penrith later this year look after yourself

bombora's picture
bombora's picture
bombora Monday, 7 Mar 2011 at 9:34am

I think you need to add a couple of zeros to your figure.

new-here's picture
new-here's picture
new-here Tuesday, 8 Mar 2011 at 1:37am

Curly used to be a good option as it was basically uncrowded and a swell magnet in small s swells (which made it worth putting up with the often warped and wobbled wave between deep trenches ) , but seems things have changed and it's now ridiculously overcrowded compared to other beaches most days - particularly considering the mostly mediocre waves .
Plenty dickheads out there these days , ranging from year 6- 8 boogers (well in fact all boogers) , to flapping pommie speedhumps , to westies in the shipping lanes dodging the waves , to loudmouth packs of groms working like hyena's , to iced up enforcers , and a healthy dash of mac bankers discussing the stock market in an invisible cloud of expensive eau de cologne !
I can take it crowded - but not THAT crowd - ed !!

bombora's picture
bombora's picture
bombora Tuesday, 8 Mar 2011 at 10:01am

harbords a better break anyway...curl curl where u go get u pic taken

note...i now run and hide..lol

By: "fong"

What the fuck????????????

Harbord's the suburb. Freshwater's the beach where the surf(?) is.

dan_3's picture
dan_3's picture
dan_3 Thursday, 10 Mar 2011 at 2:03am

Actually it's no longer harbord. They officially changed the name to Freshwater.

Lived at Curly for nearly 15 years and unfortunately surfingsfuturepro has a point. Curly is so crowded these days while beaches further up are getting good waves with bugger all crowd. I put it down to the sheep mentality. Or just pure laziness. Either way its hard to get an uncrowded wave at my local anymore. Hell, even for the early, with waves peaking all up and down the beach, people will paddle out where you are sitting ignoring the other waves with no one on them.

Curly really does attract the dumbest of surfers.

gonk's picture
gonk's picture
gonk Thursday, 10 Mar 2011 at 6:03am

Curly is so crowded these days while beaches further up are getting good waves with bugger all crowd. I put it down to the sheep mentality. Or just pure laziness. Curly really does attract the dumbest of surfers.

By: "dan"

Hello everyone

I went out Curly this morning, not much on offer but the best of a bad lot.
Dan, not sure about the "bugger all crowd" bit as I tend to move around depending on conditions and find the similar mentality, but certainly agree Curly is copping the crowds worse, I would very rarely go near it on a weekend

I think the "pure laziness" comment is apt, it's my guess that people look at the crowd and not the surf and assume that people in the water means there are waves even to the point that they will aimlessly wander past perfectly good spots on their way to join the pack

some of the things that people have said about surfing are a bit odd really, like "surfers have a pack mentality" which probably should read "surfers are mental so join the pack"