NEW SURF SCHOOLS COMING TO NEWPORT WARRIEWOOD & MONA VALE

carroll's picture
carroll started the topic in Sunday, 23 Jan 2011 at 10:24am

WE HAVE RECENTLY RECEIVED NEWS THAT THERE IS A NEW SURF SCHOOL STARTING ON THE NORTHERN BEACHES, AND WILL BE OPERATING FROM EITHER MONA VALE NEWPORT OR WARRIEWOOD. BEING A LOCAL SURFER FROM MONA VALE I'VE FOUND THIS REDICULOUS, APPARENTLY THEY HAVE A 24 SEATER BUS AND THINK THEY ARE GOING TO CRASH 1 OUT OF THESE 3 BEACHES DAILY.
WOULD LIKE TO GET OTHER LOCALS OPINIONS ON THIS.
I DON'T THINK THEY HAVE THOUGHT ABOUT THE LOCALS AT THESE BEACHES,OR ACTUALLY HAVE NO IDEA THAT THERE IS LOCALS HERE.
HERE IS THERE SITE.

http://www.surfoztours.com.au/

mtw's picture
mtw's picture
mtw Sunday, 23 Jan 2011 at 11:13am

That will be interesting to see how the locals at Newport and if they got to Avalon react. Both Avalon and Newport, you gotta show respect when you are a blow in. The only place Surf School sort of works on the Northern Beaches is at Palm Beach in the southern corner. Cant help but think that the Northern Beaches is sort of saturated when it comes to that sort of stuff.

The only thing I can suggest is that get used to the dawn patrol.

bigwayne's picture
bigwayne's picture
bigwayne Sunday, 23 Jan 2011 at 7:50pm

i totally agree with mtw and carrol in so much as we are bombarded with these "schools" that no-one really needs. how many of those who partake in them actually keep surfing? less than 1% i think. this sought of thing is what rips the crutch out of my nightie talk about exploitation of a natural resource coaching clinics yes surf schools no

bookster's picture
bookster's picture
bookster Saturday, 29 Jan 2011 at 5:31am

Speaking from down the shire way, Cronulla has two surf schools, they seem to avoid getting in the way of experienced surfers most of the time ie they are hanging in the whitewater or on a bank noone else is surfing. Most of the time they are absolute beginners, so they are nowhere near you. Hopefully this will be similar to what you may be about to experience...