Bali winds

Blowin's picture
Blowin started the topic in Monday, 14 Apr 2014 at 5:33pm

G'day Ben
Mate how confident are you about the westerly component of the wind during this next swell on Bali ( 19th-23rd April) ?
I see you have called for light winds I was just hoping for a confirmation on direction.
Cheers mate . Your doing a great job. I'm even a premium member, for a Luddite like myself that's saying something.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Monday, 14 Apr 2014 at 5:54pm

Thanks for the nice words Blowin :)

Still a little while out to have total confidence in the winds, but most models anticipate only a weak trade flow well south of the region during this time frame. So variable winds are quite likely for much of this swell event (still, I'd check back over the coming days to see if the forecast output has changed).

Also, just for clarification - the wind forecast you're looking at is computer generated - we don't have any manual control over what it output. But it seems pretty good right now.

Craig however provides a written forecast for several Indian Ocean regions, twice a week - here's his notes for the Bali region written last Thursday, in which he details this swell.

https://www.swellnet.com/forums/swellnet-forecast-notes/109626

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 14 Apr 2014 at 6:04pm

Nice one, cheers mate. Right or wrong, if you were a lawyer that question would have cost me $200. Best site on the net.