50 year storm

dobsy's picture
dobsy started the topic in Tuesday, 28 Dec 2010 at 2:06am

Does anyone know when the 50 year cyclone will next hit bells beach?

It is predicted to yield 200-ft waves. Would these travel all the way to the gold coast?

Don't know if there is a break on the goldy that could handle these waves. Maybe needle-dicks.

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Tuesday, 28 Dec 2010 at 2:59am

I can't answer that one Dobsy, but I am looking forward to your next question.

tommo2's picture
tommo2's picture
tommo2 Tuesday, 28 Dec 2010 at 5:01am

been watching point break one to many times?

peterb's picture
peterb's picture
peterb Wednesday, 29 Dec 2010 at 10:21am

Dobsy is on the button, almost - anyone who has wondered where that house sized boulder at south durras came from knows about the big bastard storms - Whatever tossed that rock up onto the hill from the ocean floor would have sent swell all the way to timor

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Thursday, 30 Dec 2010 at 12:16am

Peter, you're not talking about the old boiler from a ship are ya? Where's the boulder.

And yeah, for something of that size to get washed up at South Durras, the storm must have been huge and from the NE :o

jaffa1949's picture
jaffa1949's picture
jaffa1949 Thursday, 30 Dec 2010 at 6:17am

I think it is coming in the same year as the Azores Tsunami for the east coast of the Americas ad the Hawaiian fracture Tsunami.
Last 50 cyclone swell , wiped out the caravan park at the haven ( terrigal) carried boulders across the basin there into the boat area inside the have. Anotherone took out the Manly Pool inside the harbour. Deep south it washed away the old road to the Tathra Wharf.
If you look hard enough at the history books you can see what the storms have done, they're just the lemon next to the pie!