Nambucca Heads

tamsy's picture
tamsy started the topic in Sunday, 21 Nov 2010 at 8:32am

Hi Folks

Am heading up to Nambucca Heads in the coming weeks. Been looking everywhere for info on any places i will be able to surf, apart from the breakwall and not knowing the local names of any breaks ive hit a dead end. I will be staying near the main beach that heads towards Valla. I dont care for local secret spots etc, i just want to know if there will be some waves (quite happy just to surf a beachbreak) for me to ride either on the mini mal or shortboard. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
Tamsy

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Sunday, 21 Nov 2010 at 9:10pm

Just go there, look at a map and figure it out for yourself. Strike up a conversation with some real people at the beach when you get there, I'm one of of those grumpy locals that people from out of town complain about , but if you have a yak with most any local in any carpark in aus. they will most probably steer you towards a good bank, probably not the best one but good enough.

ed's picture
ed's picture
ed Monday, 22 Nov 2010 at 9:29pm

Surf north Valla, i got my first barrel there.

happy-g's picture
happy-g's picture
happy-g Wednesday, 24 Nov 2010 at 12:55am

Hey Tamsy.
I'm a Valla local and if you want to surf the area , both South & North Valla dish up reasonably good beach breaks. The locals are reasonably cool as long as we don't have to put up with wanna be "surf stars". Just rock up and say G'Day , behave like a human and you'll get on fine.

dan_3's picture
dan_3's picture
dan_3 Wednesday, 24 Nov 2010 at 4:22am

Last time i was there I stayed at the big four and surfed out the front. Awsome beach breaks there. There's a bit of a reef setup halfway down the beach. if you go further up there's a rivermouth and on the other side is valla beach I think. Whole stretch can get good.