Goldy Swellnet guy getting tardy

ricep's picture
ricep started the topic in Wednesday, 8 Sep 2010 at 11:18pm

For the last few weeks when i log on at 8am or later i am met with yesterdays conditions. I want to know what it is like TODAY. Get your act together!! If you can't, hand your job over to someone who will.

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Thursday, 9 Sep 2010 at 4:40am

Someone having a go at Swellnet reporters, now that is novel. I reckon a late report is a good report. An inaccurate report is even better. No report is bliss. Think about it.

ed's picture
ed's picture
ed Thursday, 9 Sep 2010 at 6:58am

ricep, i know what your saying! The guy is always late and i resort to checking Coolangattas report to get an idea what it might be like up our end. The surfers paradise reports need to be on time. Swellnet keep an eye on this for us! Thanks.

mtw's picture
mtw's picture
mtw Thursday, 9 Sep 2010 at 9:20am

Hey Ben, have you thought about letting us rate the reports? By putting a few buttons in each report it will allow us to give feedback on the performance of the reporters and how good/bad or effective each report is. I know I had a beef a while ago in respect to some reports and instead of cracking it in the forums by taking part in the 'rating the report' we will get the issues of our chests.

born-bred-goldy's picture
born-bred-goldy's picture
born-bred-goldy Thursday, 9 Sep 2010 at 11:07pm

you could always go take a look ya selves

my_opinion's picture
my_opinion's picture
my_opinion Thursday, 9 Sep 2010 at 11:39pm

Yeah you could always go look yourselves, but its not always that easy for some people. Besides, that is what they're paid to do, if we have to do their job for them they'll find themselves out of the job. Thats pretty obvious really, like taking your car to a mechanic and the guy telling you to fix it yourself.

nope's picture
nope's picture
nope Thursday, 9 Sep 2010 at 11:43pm

maybe he ´didnt feeel like it´ simpsons quote

evo62's picture
evo62's picture
evo62 Friday, 10 Sep 2010 at 12:22am

Do they get paid? Surely Swellnets not raking in that much cash?

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Friday, 10 Sep 2010 at 1:38am

Blah, blah, blah ....

wax-on-danielson's picture
wax-on-danielson's picture
wax-on-danielson Friday, 10 Sep 2010 at 4:01am

spring = surf report for next month = shit.

scoopmaster's picture
scoopmaster's picture
scoopmaster Friday, 10 Sep 2010 at 4:18am

this time of year unless your surf reporter is updating by 5am its too late!! gotta love those early sunrises :)

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Friday, 10 Sep 2010 at 7:35am

Actually, we seem to be having some database problems with this particular report location - and we're not sure why. Darren just emailed through "Just got my camera back and did a 3pm update with photos. Checked the site and it's still showing Thursday's report. Fluidzone has today's though."

We'll investigate and hopefully have a solution for it ASAP.

mtw - interesting suggestion "have you thought about letting us rate the reports?". The problem is that such a scenario will probably end up in people only rating a report when there's something they don't like, which will result in a skewed rating. A little bit like the old phrase "weather forecasters always get it wrong" - actually, weather forecasters are more accurate than everyone thinks. It's just that they only remember the days they get it wrong, and not the ones they get it right.

evo62 - yes, all surf reporters are paid a small monthly retainer for the service.