I wrote an iphone/ipad app for anyone interested in wave bouy data on the east coast.

mpancino's picture
mpancino started the topic in Friday, 3 Sep 2010 at 12:14pm

Just provides the raw data if your tired of the surf forecasting. Its called "Waves Now", enjoy....and yes I have just done it for fun

humpty's picture
humpty's picture
humpty Saturday, 4 Sep 2010 at 1:04pm

Just provides the raw data if your tired of the surf forecasting. Its called "Waves Now", enjoy....and yes I have just done it for fun

By: "mpancino"

1. If you're (not your) tired of surf forecasts, this app will do nothing for you as it just provides you with observations....NOT forecasts.

2. If you did it for fun the app would be free, not $1.19 a pop to access information that is freely available at the Manly Hydraulics website.

3. You are a 42 year old dude, who has never surfed and still lives with his mum.

ed's picture
ed's picture
ed Sunday, 5 Sep 2010 at 7:56am

thanks humpty for exposing this con-artist.

mpancino's picture
mpancino's picture
mpancino Sunday, 5 Sep 2010 at 11:11am

Humpty/Ed, Do you know you have to pay Apple to write an app in the first place? Here is another idea, dont buy it. Good luck using safari to get the data.

For everyone else, its now free, enjoy.

brianp's picture
brianp's picture
brianp Sunday, 12 Sep 2010 at 11:07pm

Seriously, some people are so stupid. mpancino is just trying to be a nice guy... a con-artist? I fucking hate this kind of narrow mindedness. Give the guy a break, I'd love to see you give out free software that you have written. You obviously have no appreciation for the time and effort that goes into any sort of software development. This kind of development should be supported, not discouraged...