Pro's keeping mouths shut

barley's picture
barley started the topic in Saturday, 7 Aug 2010 at 1:25pm

Hopefully Dion reads this. I can't send a letter to TRACKS on their website but if so called 'pro' surfers do a trip and they are paid respect then respect should be returned. i.e keeping lips shut! not only do they slide into town and the photog hides his camera in a backpack(I mean you Nathan). They drink Lemon Squash at the Tav and then go and blab on movie or video where they so called scored.(if pulling in to 4ft. closeout beachies is scored!!!!) Mate you should know better than that. You don't and wouldn't do that over west stick to doing the wannabe hopeless tour and watch out next time you are here. You are not a LOCAL.

ed's picture
ed's picture
ed Sunday, 8 Aug 2010 at 3:47am

i don't get it?

mtw's picture
mtw's picture
mtw Sunday, 8 Aug 2010 at 5:16am

Same here, I have read it 4 times and have come to the conclusion that it has something to do with multiple personalities??????

spongebob's picture
spongebob's picture
spongebob Sunday, 8 Aug 2010 at 7:58am

OMG! THEY DRANK LEMON SQUASH!!

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Sunday, 8 Aug 2010 at 9:28am

He's talking about a story in the latest Tracks.

Dion and a couple of other pro's from the east coast headed 3hrs west of Adelaide, scored barrels, ate at the pub and then got more barrels before heading home.

I can see where he's coming from, as in there is no need to name spots in articles, magazines etc. especially when they're a little further off the beaten track.

Let the photo's and the story do the talking and keep people guessing, that's the best bit I reckon, trying to guess where the shots are and arguing with your mates on where or when the session went down.

On the other hand, this spot isn't secret and due to its heavy and closey nature, is more fickle than people think. Sure it can get all time, but there are other times when its a perfect size with offshore winds but closing out for 5km.

My opinion is that places don't need to be named to make a good story, and there should be a bit of discretion shown regarding lesser known spots.

wax-on-danielson's picture
wax-on-danielson's picture
wax-on-danielson Monday, 9 Aug 2010 at 2:59am

pros are kooks. get a real job and and hair cut. the 60's are dead.

mozzie's picture
mozzie's picture
mozzie Tuesday, 10 Aug 2010 at 12:50am

Yup agreed, spots don't need to be named... Fortunately there are some big ass sharks to sort people out down there...

timberskills's picture
timberskills's picture
timberskills Friday, 13 Aug 2010 at 2:21pm

blood oath , someone on this site slapped pictures all over this web site not a month ago, i don't read surf mags but i can bet, it was the same spot! In fact i don't care who the f...k it was but the fact remains these homo pros and there lemon squash drinking antics don't go down to good anywhere. BOYCOTT SURF BRANDS! make a stand! surfing is a lifestyle not a sport!

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Saturday, 14 Aug 2010 at 2:16am

Boycott surf brands ... a personal decision I took years ago.

If you want outdoor gear that works everytime without the pre-pubescent fashion statement go to the bush walking shops.

yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer Saturday, 14 Aug 2010 at 4:23am

look dion is a good bloke and i dont think he intended to piss off the locals down here. but he did piss me off naming and talking up our local reefbreak. that beach break he surfed is a bit of a joke down here-its a fucken closeout. good for water shots cause it breaks real close to shore. but that reef peak is a real tight lineup! six out is a crowd. its really dangerous too and it does encourage random kooks to paddle out there, often getting hurt, getting in the way or needing rescuing. but i dont think we are about to get over run by hordes of travelling surfers. there are much better locations to go on surfing holidays! and the sharks......:)

barley's picture
barley's picture
barley Saturday, 14 Aug 2010 at 1:04pm

I am sure he is a good bloke But that is twice he has taken an opportunity to create himself a bit of income (when his rankings are crap) Knowing full well that you just can't talk about the area like that. It just annoyed me because when we had Mickey L and C down here they knew how it rolled. It was RESPEKT!! Townie crew like to here their own voice anyway.

antifroth's picture
antifroth's picture
antifroth Saturday, 14 Aug 2010 at 9:16pm

Sharks, 2 women for every 27 men, emu's and coopers all good reasons not to bother with it.

yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer Sunday, 15 Aug 2010 at 6:27am

true about mick lowe and crew. they had more tact not naming the waves or area. but it got busy at the "ledge" in question for a few seasons after that. mainly adelaide crew. its funny but you can really see the result of that kind of exposure! it blew me away when i heard tim jones made $70,000 from that trip- off four days of shooting! and yeah you wouldnt like it antifroth. the waves are real heavy and your mal would pearl every drop. anyone who has surfed these waves would agree.

bootleg_crusher's picture
bootleg_crusher Sunday, 15 Aug 2010 at 8:30am

mate, i agree names shouldn't be named but we are also talking about yorkes, a place that is so overrun and has been for so many years the idea of localism is a joke, you can see all the waves from the main road and there arnt that many in the first place. you and your bootleg brothers need to climb down off your high horses, stop hassling kids at chis and man up and go west. apart from squiz your all kooks to boot(leg)and get off dions back, the guys trying to get somewhere which i know is a foreign concept in this backward state, maybe show some support to a local guy making good instead of whinging over things that you cant change and just enjoy the lovlyness that is yorkes. you dont own it.

dpbeach's picture
dpbeach's picture
dpbeach Sunday, 15 Aug 2010 at 8:30am

are you guys serious. grow up, cape, chi's and ledge are not secrets. everyone knows about them. All the locals can blow up and stuff but I've surfed cape and ledge numerously when they've been good and not one local out.they just stick to 2 foot chi's. if your going to blow up at people exposing waves, you should be surfing them atleast. And without other people coming into the park how do you think the tavern or the park itself will stay afloat. Surfers from adelaide keep that place afloat. And to back up the Dion and the photog, far out their doing their job, just like you guys working behind your desk or whatever, dont be jealous that their living the life you guys cant.

barley's picture
barley's picture
barley Sunday, 15 Aug 2010 at 9:31am

Love how all the townies have come on and started having a go. Pity they don't do it when they are out surfing. dpbeach, sounds like you should be at Maslins with all your other fudgepacking buddies. Boys obviously you haven't been surfing long enough to know anything about respect. Maybe when you grow some pubes you will work it out. Have fun in Adeliade you dickheads.

bootleg_crusher Sunday, 15 Aug 2010 at 9:41am

barley, you sir are a fucking idiot and the EXACT reason NO-ONE cares what you or your pathetic bootleg brethren say or do, fudgepacking? townies? and DPbeach is over the age of 15 so im sure you useless pricks have never said a word to him. you fools can have chis and your common rank poo man style, well keep cape and ledge thanks. have a word to the big boys next time and see where it gets you LOCAL.

barley's picture
barley's picture
barley Sunday, 15 Aug 2010 at 9:54am

Bootleg ,Why didn't you come out and say you were a lid in the first place? You should put spell check on. At least then you could fake your intelligence. Go back to SCOSA and finish school

yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer Sunday, 15 Aug 2010 at 9:59am

for those not from around the area and are wondering about all the aggression from booleg_crusher and dpbeach they are adelaide crew, possibly lids. must be frustrating living in that shithole and only surfing longweekends etc.

barley's picture
barley's picture
barley Sunday, 15 Aug 2010 at 10:08am

What da fuck is Moot? Is that a code word for your mothers infected pussy. Bootleg, as long as you and your faggot boyfriends keep the photography to butt fucking each other then we will all be happy. U R A KNOB!!

dpbeach's picture
dpbeach's picture
dpbeach Sunday, 15 Aug 2010 at 10:11am

yorkes surfer, mate doesnt matter your a bodyboarder or a stand up,. You guys are blowing up about cape.. barley said it was a straight close out so why would you guys give a shit if its exposed. Most of the time you guys aren't even to be seen when cape or ledge are good.

yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer Sunday, 15 Aug 2010 at 10:48am

i personally dont care what you ride dpbeach. we have a few lid riding locals down here and they get respect. then we get these kids with attitude that come down thinking they're hot shit. they dont respect the place or the people. writing grafitti and dumping rubbish all over the place. you see them for a year or two then they disappear. most of the locals down here are over 40. we dont have to prove anything to people like you. we have chosen to live here so we can surf our whole lives. not many town surfers stick at it past 30. as for bootleg_crusher snap away. the waves here arent that good mate. the petrol money you spend wont justify your crappy shots. what kind of wanker dedicates his life to surf shots with no financial gain. mate surfing is about doing it not standing on the beach watching.

barley's picture
barley's picture
barley Sunday, 15 Aug 2010 at 10:57am

Yorkessurfer sick call bra! storm in a tea cup. What a perfect time of year down here for surfing. Howling onshores and fuckin freezing. Let them all come over and see how good antarctica is!

bootleg_crusher Sunday, 15 Aug 2010 at 11:05am

on the flip side mate. what kind of wanker dedicates their life to surfing 2ft chis and hassling kids? the majority of photographers in this country make FUCK ALL coin from surf photography, yet they are still out shooting. why? love. and the fact you say the waves arent that good just illustrates your ignorance. didnt this discussion start with one of you plebs complaining about some sick shots that were taken on a sick day at a sick beachy (44s)oh god i said it!! but that beach is just a closeout according to LOCALS.hahaha. stick to reminiscing and waxing lyrical at rhinos tavern about the good old days when poo standing rascist has-beens ruled the waves coz those days are over you silly cunts. viva la revolution bitches

barley's picture
barley's picture
barley Sunday, 15 Aug 2010 at 11:25am

Bootleg mate my span of attention disregarded you on your first line of your first response. I have been winding you up for a good half hour now. Fun wasn't it? Seems you have an issue with 2ft surf. Maybe it is your fave? Maybe uncle touched you in a way that you didn't feel comfortable with when you were a child. What ever your psych.problem is actually get in the water and you might find it fun. Spots should be kept quiet so legends like me can escape wacko's like you. Have a nice life.

yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer Sunday, 15 Aug 2010 at 11:27am

the point is crusher that a water shot of a closout is misleading. sure 44's can get good a few times a year. if you live down there you realise how fickle it really is. and if you travel you realise that there are really good waves out there. from an adelaide perspective that might be hard to comprehend. as for viva la revolution bitches-what the fuck? what sort of person says that? i will let barley make that call!

hirsute's picture
hirsute's picture
hirsute Monday, 16 Aug 2010 at 10:03am

The Old War - Them vs Us - You blokes need to get thicker skins and learn to get along or the joy of the place is gone.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Wednesday, 3 Dec 2014 at 8:08pm

Tripper im glad you had a beer and not a squash.

mothart's picture
mothart's picture
mothart Wednesday, 3 Dec 2014 at 9:55pm

Um... Glad I don't drink beer.

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Wednesday, 3 Dec 2014 at 10:00pm

Come on Udo . you can do better than that ....
Special mention to YS for denouncing naming places , when his call sign is that place ????

Probably for the best that many dummy spits are not dredged up . Most are started after naming of "sensitive to some " spots .....
maybe just stick to dummy spits in the ASP threads ... pretty sure the bunny and 'ol mate from fight club would dominate that awards night though ...

barley's picture
barley's picture
barley Wednesday, 3 Dec 2014 at 10:07pm

Awards schwamords its just a way for sheepshit to keep up his 50 comments a day dribble..I mean seriously this joints just a forum for egos not common sense..sheesh

yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer Wednesday, 3 Dec 2014 at 10:34pm

fuckoff southey I only commented on this topic(4 years ago) after Dion ran an article in Tracks naming all the actual breaks down here. Our little chat sessions on Swellnet aren't quite in the same league of exposure as that. Yorke Peninsula has 800km of coast so I think that's a pretty general sort of geographic reference. If you don't like it I don't really give a fuck anyway.

barley's picture
barley's picture
barley Wednesday, 3 Dec 2014 at 10:35pm

Southey your the biggest pretend expert out there..pretend to be an expert of here ...then there...then add in your cryptic bullshit and you just end up sounding like the other ego driven fucks on here..good onya mate..legend of nowhere!!

yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer Wednesday, 3 Dec 2014 at 10:46pm

Funny reading the comments by dpbeach and his photog mate on here. I worked out who he was and run into him in the shop down here one day. He's a booger and I used to know his brother when he was coming down here. South Oz is a small place.
Didnt get the same tough talking bullshit face to face. I told them what I think and I didn't resort to threats or abuse. I've never seen either of them down here again?

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Friday, 5 Dec 2014 at 12:35pm

They did seem like knobs.