Jye Byrnes crossbreed surfboard.

nevertoold's picture
nevertoold started the topic in Friday, 2 Aug 2019 at 4:56pm

Hey. Love to hear some feed back about how this model goes.
What size you are riding... The range it can be surfed in. It looks like a fun board.
Thinking of getting one 6-6 to 7-2 .

morg's picture
morg's picture
morg Monday, 12 Aug 2019 at 10:06pm

Great boards. I’ve got a 6’8” x 20.5” Crossbreed with the 2 +1 fins Jye put on it. Mine goes well from say 2 foot to over 7’ waves which is the largest I’ve ridden on it and it was fine. Mine is 6’8” so its not loose but it does turn really well, and has good drive. It’s no good in small mushy waves (for me anyway) and really comes alive when there’s a bit of power. I’m 85kg and my go to board is 5’11”. I use the crossbreed when I’m feeling a bit lazy, have been out of the water for a week or two, or (usually) when I’m surfing a wave that requires a long paddle out and being able to paddle into just that bit quicker. Like all boards it goes well in good waves, however I often find myself surfing it in big fuller waves. The position of the centre fin makes a big difference, and Jye will show you where it should go and you can loosen or stiffen the board up by moving it from there.

nevertoold's picture
nevertoold's picture
nevertoold Monday, 26 Aug 2019 at 4:24pm

Hey Morg.
Thanks for ya comment about the CB mate. Getting mine this week. Can't Wait!!!!
Never used the 2+1 setup before but just go with what Jye recommends, I'M 6-1, 9-2 kg,, 57 old, My one is 6-6 x 21 x 2 7/8 with tapped down rails . Mostly want it for everyday surf .. 2 -5 ft beaches..Was going for a 6-10 but saw this 6-6 in the shaping bay and thought it looked just right... Hope I haven't gone too short. Less board to swing around was my thinking , See how we go . Can get a longer one later.. If the wife lets me.. LOL!!!

morg's picture
morg's picture
morg Thursday, 29 Aug 2019 at 6:54pm

You’ll be fine, they’re fun boards. Jye wouldn’t make you one if he wasn’t confident it will work for you :)

Oxmanb's picture
Oxmanb's picture
Oxmanb Monday, 22 Jun 2020 at 4:54am

Are you interested in selling your crossbreed yet?