Webster Spartan Gun

Island Bay's picture
Island Bay started the topic in Sunday, 27 Jan 2019 at 11:36am

Lots of words written and spoken about the Desert Storm, but I can't find much on The Spartan.

I'm still keen to order an 8'6 DS, but have come to see the sense in something shorter and lower volume. A certain local spot requires the ability to duckdive occasionally and to spin and knife a takeoff, and I think a 7'6 Spartan would be a lot more nimble.

First or second hand knowledge, rumours, wild tales - it's all appreciated.

Island Bay's picture
Island Bay's picture
Island Bay commented Thursday, 31 Jan 2019 at 7:07am

Nobody seen one? Freeride?

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 commented Thursday, 31 Jan 2019 at 7:58am

I have seen one, also helped Webby do some content for his website so have heard his spiel on it......I won't post here without his permission but I know its what Webby himself rides in Hawaii and it sounds exactly what you are looking for.

Island Bay's picture
Island Bay's picture
Island Bay commented Thursday, 31 Jan 2019 at 8:01am

Cheers, mate.
Webby said exactly as much.

Island Bay's picture
Island Bay's picture
Island Bay commented Tuesday, 9 Jul 2019 at 7:49am

Picked up my 7'6 Spartan from Webby last Sunday, and got to surf it at my local today. Not as big, nor as clean as I'd hoped, but a very powerful 6ft with serious chop at times.

First wave I thought it felt sluggish and not great, but then I got my feet in the right spot and caught some bigger waves, and it flew. Only 10 waves on it, but so far it's everything I could have wished for.

Hope the images will show. Hooray, they did! Oh, and it's 7'6 x 19 3/4 x 2 7/8. And I'm 6'1 x 80kg x 55yo.

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 commented Tuesday, 9 Jul 2019 at 7:54am

whoooeeee.
sleek!

Island Bay's picture
Island Bay's picture
Island Bay commented Tuesday, 9 Jul 2019 at 8:09am

Beauty, aye!

And can I just add, that Webby is a real pleasure to deal with. After all the back and forth emails, we met up on a Sunday as he was busy getting ready for Indo. I was really careful to not waste any of his time, but we ended up chatting for a good while, and looking at some of his other board models (Wacko and Mod Rocker, yes please!).

Gary G's picture
Gary G's picture
Gary G commented Tuesday, 9 Jul 2019 at 1:13pm

Gary enjoys ogling that stick, IB

You and me, Gary, ain’t nothing but mammals so let’s do it* like they do it on the aerobics channel

*faceys

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin commented Tuesday, 9 Jul 2019 at 8:09pm

Very nice indeed.