Piggyback Fish

clif's picture
clif started the topic in Tuesday, 17 Apr 2018 at 6:48pm

hey experts

no, this is not a new 'model' of board. going back to riding twin keel fish. i have an old pop out i picked up cheap but want to go all in. i used to ride one ages ago but it was also a shit backyard job.

85kg (all suited up in 5-6mm suit mostly - all year haha / NE UK) and reasonable surfer. board needs to go on the beachies (a bit soft) and on the reefs, which can get punchy. looking to have the glide but want it to go rail to rail relatively easy, but also have some stick on the reefs.

bottom contours?

Glass on or fin system?

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Thursday, 3 May 2018 at 10:46am

Didn't you have a Mackie fish years back Clif?

Could that be (another) starting point?

Also, when starting forum threads you've gotta type the first reply, even just whack a full stop in '.', for it to be seen on the homepage.

Forum bug, soon to be sorted.

chook's picture
chook's picture
chook Thursday, 3 May 2018 at 12:20pm

this one goes so well...6"x24, chine rails, rasta template keel future fins.

markxxx's picture
markxxx's picture
markxxx Monday, 7 May 2018 at 2:14pm

Very happy with my Vouch Small Vish. It’s my go to at the moment and I’ve had it out in everything from 1ft slop to 1.5 OH offshore and it’s a bloody weapon. Down the Line stock them now in UK.
Had mine glassed 6+4+6 (standard is 6+4+4) and it’s held up great after 6 months of solid use and it’s surprisingly light for that glassing.

angus.white's picture
angus.white's picture
angus.white Monday, 14 Jan 2019 at 11:22pm

Hi,

I am keen to get a small vish from downtheline, but cannot settle on the right size of board.

I see one of the pictures has vouch vish in it. I was wondering what weight you are and what size of board it is, and how you go on it?

I weight about 83kg and am looking at a 5'6' or a 5'7'.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Angus

eat-your-vegies's picture
eat-your-vegies's picture
eat-your-vegies Tuesday, 15 Jan 2019 at 7:59am

Hey chook
Can ya tell us a bit about the fin set up on that one.

chook's picture
chook's picture
chook Tuesday, 15 Jan 2019 at 10:51am

it's the rasta keel fin templates on the outside with small nurse fins. as you probably noticed, the fins are placed quite a way up the board -- as it's a kneeboard. it's a magic board/fin set up.
is there anything in a particular that you want to know?

neil luke shaped the board, it's his "fresh fish"model. i'm sure he'll happily to talk your ear off about the fin set up. [email protected]

here's another shot of the fins

markxxx's picture
markxxx's picture
markxxx Thursday, 17 Jan 2019 at 10:09am

Hey Angus,
I’m about 6’1 85kg and my Vish is a custom 5’4 x 20 5/8 x 2 1/2. I wanted to go really short as I have another couple longer twinnies so Evan bumped up the volume a little over the standard dims. Over a year later and it’s still my go to, it’s just so much fun. It does the cruisey fish thing well but can also be ridden way more hp than the appearance suggests.
I think either would be fine but depends how much foam you want.
Shoot Evan at North Coast Surfboards an email, he’s super helpful and usually gets back to you the same day.

Mark.

Bird Man's picture
Bird Man's picture
Bird Man Monday, 15 Apr 2019 at 2:52am

Bird Man's picture
Bird Man's picture
Bird Man Friday, 1 Feb 2019 at 9:51pm

angus.white's picture
angus.white's picture
angus.white Sunday, 27 Jan 2019 at 2:30am

Thanks for the information guys.

I have ordered a 5'6' vish. Should arrive in the UK in March time of this year.

The information you gave me really helped. I think there should be enough volume in a 5'6' given that your board has less volume and you weight more than I do etc.

I'll let you know how I get on once I the board.

Angus

Bird Man's picture
Bird Man's picture
Bird Man Saturday, 2 Feb 2019 at 5:43am