Re-Evolution by Beau Young

murphy-s-law's picture
murphy-s-law started the topic in Sunday, 1 Apr 2018 at 11:03am

Anybody seen or ridden one of these from the Surfboard Warehouse?
Any good?

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Thursday, 24 May 2018 at 7:55pm

They look great ...good value and knowing Beau the construction quality would be first class or he wouldnt put his name on it
Less than $100 per foot for a Mal is a good deal.

morg's picture
morg's picture
morg Saturday, 26 May 2018 at 10:19pm

Yep. A couple of my mates and I have had a few boards from there and they’ve all been good when used in the conditions they’re designed for. Had an Eco Bean for about a year and other than a depreciation under chest/front foot it was fine (most of my boards end up with deprecions there). Currently have a Carbon Jet which has been fun too.

simba's picture
simba's picture
simba Sunday, 27 May 2018 at 6:29am

They seem to be a fair bit heavier?

morg's picture
morg's picture
morg Sunday, 27 May 2018 at 6:37am

No. I wouldn’t say heavier, just average.

meggsie's picture
meggsie's picture
meggsie Wednesday, 12 Dec 2018 at 10:54pm

Hey Morg....I see this post was a while ago but wondering if you or others can give more feedback on the Carbon Jet ?

morg's picture
morg's picture
morg Thursday, 13 Dec 2018 at 5:48pm

Meggsie the Carbon Jet is a good board. I’ve been riding one for about a year and it’s got a definite place in my quiver. I’m 85kg and normally surf short boards around 5’9”or 5’11”. I got a 6’4” Carbon Jet for sessions when it’s either too small and crowded for a Fish or tiny and I don’t want to use a Malibu. I ride it as a quad (because it’s initially faster, loose and I can do tail slides) and only in waves up to head high. It’s also good in bigger or good waves with 2 + 1 fins but at that point I’m on another board. It’s great for when I’ve been out of the water for a week or two or when crowded. I’d like to try a 6’ one. It’s pretty light and now has a few depressions in the deck (all my boards do). Design wise it’s got a couple of things like a fair bit of volume in front half and full rails in the middle to front of the board that don’t excite me, but they are probably the things that make it work when the conditions are a bit average. Obviously it’s not a high performance board, however it goes surprisingly well, does what it’s designed to do, is forgiving and easy to ride.