7S Superfish 3 CV 8' vs Odysea Log 8'

zeplinmaker's picture
zeplinmaker started the topic in Monday, 6 Nov 2017 at 6:56pm

Hey everyone!

First post here so please treat me kindly :)

I am 6', 85kg and am about to purchase my first board. I have narrowed it down to these two:

1. 7S Superfish 3 CV (8' long, 23" wide, 61L)

2. Odysea Log softboard (8' long, 23" wide, 86L)

Both boards are are the same length and width, with the log a bit more thicker and having more litres.

Firstly, will both of these boards suit a complete beginner? Is there one people would recommend over the other? My goal is to simply catch as many waves as possible.

Im assuming the superfish may be better to paddle. I can also get the superfish brand new for an absolutely great price (cheaper than the log). But price will not come into it and I want the easiest one out of the two.

Any feedback or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

MGX's picture
MGX's picture
MGX Sunday, 24 Dec 2017 at 7:20am

Hello, I am not really familiar with the soft board you mentioned, but I know what the 7s fish is. Most beginners I see seem to go better on soft boards. The fish at that size is way too big for you to work as it’s designed to work. I’m sure you’d catch waves on both, but I think an oversized fish will make it harder for you than it needs to be.

toneranger's picture
toneranger's picture
toneranger Sunday, 24 Dec 2017 at 5:40pm

have to agree with mgx,zep.pretty well all surf schools are using the soft tops.as u progress you'll naturally go for a fiberglass board