Kneeboards, who is actively shaping them, who is current and forward thinking?

wbat's picture
wbat started the topic in Thursday, 21 Apr 2016 at 11:47am

Looking to get a new kneeboard and really short of options on shapers. Any thoughts?

I've got a four fin Kneeon which is great in short sharp barrels but really funky for carving. Also ridden a Dale Ponsford "Hardware" albeit quite old which was pretty good on the face. He is overseas now so looking for suggestions.

smicko's picture
smicko's picture
smicko Sunday, 31 Jul 2016 at 10:50pm

Hey wbat, don't be afraid to persist with Harto's Kneeon boards, I reckon he's by far the most progressive kneelo shaper in Oz at present. One thing that very few eastern state kneelo shapers get is the nature of the waves over here, that thing you have would be great at Lennox but has way too much tail for over here, especially Margies area, even when it's summer beachies down your way. The other thing they do is put in way too much volume, when you have power you can get away with less volume, especially when you have flippers to help you get in.
I bought a couple of boards off Nick earlier this year, one is OK, planshape is great but fin placement is a bit out for me. The other is the best board I've surfed in 30 years and that is a thruster pin that Harto shaped for himself, 5'9" x 23.5" x 2.5" To be fair, Harto didn't rate this board, maybe it had too much foam for him or maybe he just didn't get it out in enough juice. Regardless I've got 35kg plus on Nick and this thing cranks for me in anything that is hollow that I've had it in from 2ft to 6ft. So much so that I had Katana copy it in epoxy for longevity.

kneehighdesigns's picture
kneehighdesigns's picture
kneehighdesigns Wednesday, 10 Aug 2016 at 10:04am

http://neeprokneeboards.com.au/ this is what your looking for ! Gold Coast Qld

pointy's picture
pointy's picture
pointy Thursday, 18 Aug 2016 at 3:07pm

get onto facebook, there is a kneeboard group: 'Kneeboard Surfing' which has plenty of shapers in it and just put on a post asking for info (it's a closed group so you will have to ask to join first)

There is also also afacebook page called 'Kneebay' which has kneeboards for sale

Dustsurf's picture
Dustsurf's picture
Dustsurf Wednesday, 22 Aug 2018 at 6:48am
wbat wrote:

Looking to get a new kneeboard and really short of options on shapers. Any thoughts?

I've got a four fin Kneeon which is great in short sharp barrels but really funky for carving. Also ridden a Dale Ponsford "Hardware" albeit quite old which was pretty good on the face. He is overseas now so looking for suggestions.

Dustsurf's picture
Dustsurf's picture
Dustsurf Wednesday, 22 Aug 2018 at 6:50am

Hi
Have a look at my more progressive designs at www.dustsurf.net

Sprout's picture
Sprout's picture
Sprout Tuesday, 3 Aug 2021 at 1:48pm

Any recommendations for good kneeboards on the East coast Aus these days?

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Saturday, 7 Aug 2021 at 8:25pm

There was a really good kneeboard shaper in Byron bay forget his name though...made flextail kneeboards that went really well.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Saturday, 7 Aug 2021 at 8:40pm

Dave Parkes ?

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Saturday, 7 Aug 2021 at 8:44pm

Thats him Udo, you're always on the ball.