Indo Gun

reecen's picture
reecen started the topic in Monday, 21 Oct 2013 at 7:10pm

Retiring a Byrning Spear and want to know what other big wave board shapers you guys would recommend. In particular for Outside Corner.
Looking for something built heavy.

norchock's picture
norchock's picture
norchock Friday, 27 Mar 2015 at 6:21pm

The mans reputation speaks for itself,his guns are probably the best you will see...my good mate rigue smith won the margarets classic years ago on a 7'6 in solid margs .beat mitch thorson and damon cant remember who else ...what about big red camel?the col smith

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Friday, 27 Mar 2015 at 6:36pm

Damon Eastaugh?

norchock's picture
norchock's picture
norchock Friday, 27 Mar 2015 at 7:14pm

Yeah that damon I thinking now mike mcauliffe.how good is stomper?rique is a top bloke works as a fisherman.son of col a true legend

norchock's picture
norchock's picture
norchock Friday, 27 Mar 2015 at 7:14pm

Yeah that damon I thinking now mike mcauliffe.how good is stomper?rique is a top bloke works as a fisherman.son of col a true legend

caml's picture
caml's picture
caml Friday, 27 Mar 2015 at 11:21pm

Fuck norchy now i want to know who ya are talkin about the can opener (red) one of the best surfcraft on earth assymetric 8 channell single hook fin by col smith design. You sure it wasnt 6"10 riq used ? Sherro was one of em in that final . For guns or is it indo guns ? Try my board model the desert storm by webster surfboards

caml's picture
caml's picture
caml Friday, 27 Mar 2015 at 11:33pm

If its big waves in indo you want catch & ride then the "desert storm" is no joke for big long tubes, preferably as quad fin . These arent pretend guns like the thin pinny bent featherweight fakes . you will catch more big waves & last longer . Genuine indo gunners only .no tyre kickers or popout fakers.

norchock's picture
norchock's picture
norchock Saturday, 28 Mar 2015 at 1:57am

Ha ha thats a good one caml "no tyre kickers" no definitely the 7'6mr sprayed to look like timber veener .but the can opener hey,I think marty delta has it?what about the col smith chadie has..didnt you take that to gland once?thats a weapon maybe made around the time col passed away.dougy mccann loves to talk about those days .I worked for chadie many years but back east now

Eugene Green's picture
Eugene Green's picture
Eugene Green Friday, 12 Jun 2015 at 10:09pm

Nathan Rose Surfboards

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Sunday, 12 Apr 2015 at 7:51pm

How big of a desert storm would you ride at 10 ft outside corner Caml?

seal's picture
seal's picture
seal Sunday, 12 Apr 2015 at 8:43pm

I reckon you can't go wrong with a gun from Webster Surfboards @ Ballina. He's doing some great looking boards for the big wave crew and some of the shorter guns would work great in big Ulu's.
I've seen heaps of the Lennox / Ballina crew ripping on his boards and they all seem to love them, even saw a young girl ripping Lennox point on one of his boards last time I was down that way.
So I'd definitely back what caml says and get a gun off Webby for big Ulu after what I've seen and heard about him and his boards.

caml's picture
caml's picture
caml Sunday, 12 Apr 2015 at 9:40pm
norchock wrote:

Ha ha thats a good one caml "no tyre kickers" no definitely the 7'6mr sprayed to look like timber veener .but the can opener hey,I think marty delta has it?what about the col smith chadie has..didnt you take that to gland once?thats a weapon maybe made around the time col passed away.dougy mccann loves to talk about those days .I worked for chadie many years but back east now

caml's picture
caml's picture
caml Sunday, 12 Apr 2015 at 9:44pm

Ok gotcha the mr . I know it norcho . Riq has the big red & chaddy model . Ya i took it to g.land. Fr 76 i reckon about 6"10-10"6 watever mood is right mate ! Surface conditions , period direction , tide etc . Taken into account them stroke in with ease on a desertstorm heavy water gun .

Ellen's clam's picture
Ellen's clam's picture
Ellen's clam Sunday, 19 Apr 2015 at 12:58pm

Muzza Bourton

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Wednesday, 22 Apr 2015 at 4:18pm

Jim Banks has a few nice secondhand 7'0 - 8'0 s for sale on his site for Bali pick up
Reasonably priced but not sure about the glassing some serious deck denting going on .

chin's picture
chin's picture
chin Wednesday, 22 Apr 2015 at 4:44pm

Was looking at his site recently too Udo, and noticed his "Hi glass" glassing option.
Anyone know what the is? Most of his personal 2nd hand boards for sale seem to have it.
http://www.jimbanksurf.com/surfboards/ZenGlide.html

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Wednesday, 22 Apr 2015 at 4:59pm

His site says HiGlass is a special glassing technique ?

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Wednesday, 22 Apr 2015 at 7:31pm

I'm gunna get a Desert Storm. They look sick.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Wednesday, 22 Apr 2015 at 7:48pm

Stick your nose in at the Rawson shop on the goldie before you commit , Welly you did eh ...and was impressed ?

winkie's picture
winkie's picture
winkie Wednesday, 22 Apr 2015 at 8:00pm

Get a Wayne Lynch.

caml's picture
caml's picture
caml Wednesday, 22 Apr 2015 at 8:41pm

Fr76 good idea mate . They are designed for tuberiding where as ? How many boards are designed solely for big & barrelling waves ?

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Wednesday, 22 Apr 2015 at 8:46pm
udo wrote:

Stick your nose in at the Rawson shop on the goldie before you commit , Welly you did eh ...and was impressed ?

Well impressed Udo, Awesome boards for sure.
Cool guy as well really passionate.

foreday rider's picture
foreday rider's picture
foreday rider Friday, 12 Jun 2015 at 2:15am

http://jhsurfboards.com/ .....best guns.

caml's picture
caml's picture
caml Friday, 12 Jun 2015 at 8:37am

Freeride76 have u got a d.s. Yet ?

fraser-gordon's picture
fraser-gordon's picture
fraser-gordon Friday, 12 Jun 2015 at 9:05am

Nathan Rose Surfboards get the thumbs up from me .

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Friday, 12 Jun 2015 at 9:38am

not yet, trying to pay off parking fines. Still very much on the radar.

Brado's picture
Brado's picture
Brado Tuesday, 23 Jun 2015 at 4:00pm

Won't beat an Outer ! or a Dick van Stralen ! IMO

norchock's picture
norchock's picture
norchock Tuesday, 23 Jun 2015 at 5:01pm
Brado wrote:

Won't beat an Outer ! or a Dick van Stralen ! IMO

Wont argue on outer islands..but i thought this was about guns?...dont know about dick v s wheres his creds ?joe engle 35 years ago ripped on em.did he ride dicka's in hawaii?cause indo probably never got over 7'0..and that no gun.

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Tuesday, 23 Jun 2015 at 5:24pm

Dick's boards are surfed in Indo .. check out pics on Dick's website & Facebook a/c

norchock's picture
norchock's picture
norchock Tuesday, 23 Jun 2015 at 6:02pm

Im sure they are floyd..guns??who the bad boys on dvs...i dont mean some cunt on a twin keel fish at canggu.

Shatner'sBassoon's picture
Shatner'sBassoon's picture
Shatner'sBassoon Tuesday, 23 Jun 2015 at 6:24pm

there's a near-new 9'0 Banksy in Rosey's factory at the mo...perfickt for outside corner...cheep price for you...or maybe straight swap for a Webster??

norchock's picture
norchock's picture
norchock Tuesday, 23 Jun 2015 at 6:46pm

Forget the banksy .tell dutts to hurry up with that fin..rosie is well worthy with his product.

uplift's picture
uplift's picture
uplift Tuesday, 23 Jun 2015 at 7:07pm

Duttsy's booked out for the next 3 years, and had to contract the fin out to Gaul... you're doomed.

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Tuesday, 23 Jun 2015 at 7:24pm
norchock wrote:

Im sure they are floyd..guns??who the bad boys on dvs...i dont mean some cunt on a twin keel fish at canggu.

did you check his web & Facebook pages? Me thinks not. Pics of H @ Gland and others ... big enough. don't have to be a punce with sponsor's logos all over your board to surf indo

caml's picture
caml's picture
caml Tuesday, 23 Jun 2015 at 8:41pm
fraser-gordon wrote:

Nathan Rose Surfboards get the thumbs up from me .

but not much good when you wait a year for each custom board .its a pity cos i was enjoying nathans boards. last 3 boards a year each time .

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Tuesday, 23 Jun 2015 at 8:56pm

Caml, Betcha Webbie gets them to you in a month ?

caml's picture
caml's picture
caml Tuesday, 23 Jun 2015 at 10:30pm

udo yeah hes fast .webby is very impressive getting a board in a month yeah. waiting ages for a board sux when you have an idea you need it to happen . a year later my idea has changed

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Thursday, 25 Jun 2015 at 1:33pm

Just went and spoke to Webby about a Desert Storm. What fin set-up do you have in yours Caml?

gibbsy's picture
gibbsy's picture
gibbsy Thursday, 25 Jun 2015 at 5:43pm
reecen wrote:

This is why I reckon that AB was a little under in volume, would have been nice to have a little more paddle power so the drops weren't so late.
Anyone know who this guy is? Was only two of us out for a while and this guy got a couple of bombs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjpHuRjo3-8

Yeah thats cacho, puerto rican/hawaiian guy runs the Mexican at padang. He loves it.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Thursday, 25 Jun 2015 at 5:59pm

Puerto rican/hawaiian........but with a aussie accent ?

reecen's picture
reecen's picture
reecen Friday, 26 Jun 2015 at 8:22am

Nah it definitely wasn't Cacho

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Friday, 26 Jun 2015 at 8:42am

Caml, what fin set-up are you running in your desert storm?

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Friday, 26 Jun 2015 at 8:52am

Above he mentioned Quad.

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Friday, 26 Jun 2015 at 9:11am

thanks Udo.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Friday, 26 Jun 2015 at 9:20am

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Thursday, 9 Jul 2015 at 1:46pm

Pulled the trigger on a 7'6" Webster Desert Storm.

Just a beesdick more refined than Caml's one that was there to look at.

Got the sea snake stripes on the bottom.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Thursday, 9 Jul 2015 at 1:54pm

Any pics Freeride.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Thursday, 9 Jul 2015 at 2:42pm

freeride76 wrote:

Pulled the trigger on a 7'6" Webster Desert Storm. Just a beesdick more refined than Caml's one that was there to look at. Got the sea snake stripes on the bottom.

For Big Lenny or you got an OS mission in mind? Quad?

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Thursday, 9 Jul 2015 at 3:42pm

For Cloudbreak/Outside Corner and the Point.

Got a five box futures setup, plan on surfing it mostly as a quad.

Will post some pics when it gets shaped.

caml's picture
caml's picture
caml Thursday, 9 Jul 2015 at 5:52pm

Congratulations fr . What board did u have a look at ? 7"6 & 6"10 possibly are there now . Quads are working so good with them . I really believe these are next level guns & make surfing so easy compared to lesser volume shapes . We are having success with customers really liking their new bds recently . We have a 9"5 on the drawing board today .

caml's picture
caml's picture
caml Thursday, 9 Jul 2015 at 6:11pm

Ok the 7"6 ! It's a magic one . So far there is a magic 7"6 & 10"5 from the first batch of a 4 bd quiver . Yeah refine it for yourself SS