The Meyerhoffer - As seen on TV

pete_79's picture
pete_79 started the topic in Thursday, 12 Aug 2010 at 4:24am

After all the debate this guy and his design started on the home page I thought I'd throw this one out there.

As seen on the new inventors last night.

For the record it lost to a tool for hammering in tent pegs....

spongebob's picture
spongebob's picture
spongebob Thursday, 12 Aug 2010 at 5:11am

Yes it works but it's butt uggly."The Meyerhoffer for those who cant make up their minds"Maybe the ones released in Australia could be rebranded "The Platypus"with a graphic of Platypus covering the whole deck.A package deal with a fluro wetty & helmet would have to be a top seller."Hit the waves on a Platypus".Saw one as new sell on ebay a couple of months back,went for $580,the seller must have breathed a sigh of relef to see it go out the door.Im a bit peeved I missed The Inventers last night,I want to see the tent peg hammer!

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Thursday, 12 Aug 2010 at 5:30am

The guy with the tent peg hammer has spent $110,000 on development... for a tool to help put a peg in the ground without smashing your fingers.

I say just get a big rock and go for your life..

benski's picture
benski's picture
benski Thursday, 12 Aug 2010 at 7:00am

The guys at my local surf shop were selling one of these a few months back. They were going on about how awesome they were cos you could turn like a shortboard but still noseride. I dunno, I mean each to their own but I can't see it working at least for me. Kind of reminds me of what I reckon of an SUP, everything crap about a short board packaged with everything crap about a longboard.

Shame they couldn't get some better footage of the dude surfing for the show though, would be nice to be proved wrong.

brendo's picture
brendo's picture
brendo Thursday, 12 Aug 2010 at 7:32am

a tent peg hammering device, what a farkin crock of shit that is. Just more crap to waste space in your car and burn a hole in your wallet that you'll never use.

As for the surfboard, it sure didn't turn like a shortboard in that footage ! :)

mtw's picture
mtw's picture
mtw Thursday, 12 Aug 2010 at 8:25am

Looks like a lot of bullshit,looked nothing like riding a shortboard. I liked it how he was out in half a foot surf and making those claims. Did he address how easy it is to duck dive or does it handle like a short board when it is big and heavy, hmmmmm, I guess if you are stupid enough to buy that ugly shit, you probably dont go out if it gets over 2 foot anyway.

If you are considering buying one, invest in the tent peg hammer and knock some sense into yourself.

antifroth's picture
antifroth's picture
antifroth Thursday, 12 Aug 2010 at 10:49pm

I have had a ride on one and they are not the best to say the least. Too much vee in the tail and too heavy for any real speed.
The tent peg hammer will be the better option. Just another surf company trying to make a fast buck on some crap that hasn't been seen before (Frank Latta did something like this in the late 80's)

yoyo's picture
yoyo's picture
yoyo Friday, 13 Aug 2010 at 3:31am

two word Rip off
Not only would I not trust anyone who associates with GSI. Nor any one who claims to come up with a totally ‘original’ design. is this liar even a shaper? This is the biggest rip off ,transparent lie in surfing since that stupid power balance hologram wrist strap. Any shop that sells this stuff should be ashamed.
Check this out
well worth a look

http://www2.swaylocks.com/forums/strange-shape-global-surf-industries-me...

Sorry not hyperlinked I’m a bit simple. The meyerhoffer is not original

grazza's picture
grazza's picture
grazza Saturday, 14 Aug 2010 at 11:39am

Does it come in other colours?

darrendobbie's picture
darrendobbie's picture
darrendobbie Tuesday, 15 Feb 2011 at 3:46pm

It's interesting that you can pick up a 9'6" tufflite version brand new off ebay for $375. Apparently they need to make way for the awesome 2011 model.