Priority Interference

maddogmorley's picture
maddogmorley started the topic in Wednesday, 16 Oct 2013 at 8:49pm

Was watching the Freddy P vs Gudauskas heat at Supertubos and Gudauskas caused an interference when Freddy P had priority. What I couldn't understand was why Gudauskas only had 8.33 at the end of the heat and his best ride was an 8.33. He got other rides after the interference but on the online scorecard they weren't counted towards a final score. I thought you only got your best score taken away with an interference and next best 2 rides counted? Maybe the online scorecard was wrong? Seemed wierd...

opinionated-old-bastard's picture
opinionated-old-bastard's picture
opinionated-old... Thursday, 17 Oct 2013 at 1:59pm

I also watched the circus last night and i cannot believe that Joel got the score that he needed (5.17 i think) for a cutback on the buzzer beater wave. I wanted Joel to win but that wave was not worth that score and he was almost apologetic in the interview afterwards.

Just get some consistency no matter who is surfing and it might be a real contest that is actually worth watching.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Thursday, 17 Oct 2013 at 3:16pm

@Maddog,

That was baffling that heat. I mean, the interference was blatant but the scoring was hurdy gurdy. Patty G should've had his second wave (7.50) halved giving him a score of 8.33 + 3.25 = 11.58. The heat analyser was showing two interferences yet I couldn't see the second one. It wasn't confirmed either. In any case a second interference would've seen Patty G get his highest scoring wave halved meaning 4.16 + 3.25 = 7.41.

leckiep's picture
leckiep's picture
leckiep Thursday, 17 Oct 2013 at 10:37pm

On the subject of the comp - is anyone else having streaming problems? Last night and tonight at about 10pm the stream suddenly just started failing. more time frozen than streaming and basically impossible to see anything. Missed Kerrzy's end of heat victory and the last minute of Parko Vs J Dubs (including J Dubs' last wave!). I hope things get better next year, too many problems while trying to watch the comps!

grazza's picture
grazza's picture
grazza Sunday, 20 Oct 2013 at 12:14pm

Non Priority interference = loss of half of the second wave
Priority interference = loss of all of the second wave
Simples

tworules's picture
tworules's picture
tworules Sunday, 31 Dec 2017 at 1:05pm

Best read for me this year was Happy's call on Lucas, someone had to go, good luck all!