Easterly dip in the ridge

thermalben's picture
thermalben started the topic in Tuesday, 2 Feb 2010 at 2:44am

Interesting little feature progged by GFS in the 12Z run - a small easterly dip retrograding SW from a point south of Fiji late Wednesday, into the northern Tasman Sea by Thursday. Certainly has the capacity to enhance potential wave heights through a captured fetch scenario.

Tie this in with the projected southerly change and the start of the weekend could deliver some pretty incredible waves about the southern NSW coast. Will keep an eye on it :D

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Tuesday, 2 Feb 2010 at 2:48am

Indeed! At this stage everywhere from Sydney down to the far South Coast looks to be pumping.

I've got a few locations in mind but I can't decide how far I want to travel yet, if at all as the Northern Beaches will have plenty of options.

sandspit's picture
sandspit's picture
sandspit Saturday, 6 Feb 2010 at 11:13am

bring on the easterlies in the SPac, it's been pumping on the Goldy the last week. Pretty packed tho

sunny's picture
sunny's picture
sunny Friday, 12 Feb 2010 at 11:48am

Interesting little feature progged by GFS in the 12Z run - a small easterly dip retrograding SW from a point south of Fiji late Wednesday, into the northern Tasman Sea by Thursday. Certainly has the capacity to enhance potential wave heights through a captured fetch scenario. :D

By: "thermalben"

U sure know how to confuse a local surf check. Am i gonna get shacked or what!