Last models run of this tues/weds S swell arrival time . HELP!

yocal's picture
yocal started the topic in Tuesday, 20 Aug 2013 at 10:48am

Hi guys,
wondering if you can help, i've got a 6hr return trip to score a wave either tomorrow or thursday. On monday, the Swellnet report came out saying Thurs is the peak of the south swell for NNSW, which other models i check were in agreeance with.

When I looked this morning the models are predicting the S swell to arrive Wednesday with the strongest swell period. I'm wondering if the forecast from Monday has changed slightly in your eyes? really keen to nail it and not miss this opportunity!!

Cheers,

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Tuesday, 20 Aug 2013 at 11:20am

Hi Yocal,

Yeah the structure of the front pushing up the coast has shifted around a little and it now looks like the south swell will peak through later Wednesday instead of Thursday morning.

Also, Sunday's pulse should be a touch bigger and stronger than tomorrow's pulse.

yocal's picture
yocal's picture
yocal Tuesday, 20 Aug 2013 at 11:40am

Cheers Craig,
Thats awesome... hoping to get the leading edge of the longer period stuff by 9am tomorrow

Yew yew yew!

donweather's picture
donweather's picture
donweather Saturday, 24 Aug 2013 at 8:01am

Speaking of arrival times, is this S'ly swell making it's way up the east coast today and tomorrow a hoax? Sydney looks like a lake this morning and I can't see anything on the wave buoys to the south, whilst the forecast is indicating the S'ly swell should be in the water moving up the east coast as we speak?

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Saturday, 24 Aug 2013 at 8:50am

Been building all morning here Don but it looks like it may fall under expectations (Craig can expand on this, as I haven't been watching the charts much lately). Bondi's got 2ft to nearly 3ft sets (via our surfcam) but it's low quality short range stuff.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Saturday, 24 Aug 2013 at 3:10pm

Don, was behind schedule at dawn this morning (only 1-2ft) but built to 3-4ft by midday. It was only a few hours behind what I was expecting, so will probably follow that trend up the coast.

I wasn't expecting any considerable size on the Goldy today, with all the size being seen early tomorrow. North Coast will probably peak early tomorrow now instead of overnight.

donweather's picture
donweather's picture
donweather Sunday, 25 Aug 2013 at 2:49pm

Thanks Craig. Got some really fun ones this morning. Was super clean for most of the morning. Actually had the pleasure of surfing with Steph Gilmore. Gee she's such a lovely young lady.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Monday, 26 Aug 2013 at 6:52am

How big Don?

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Monday, 26 Aug 2013 at 12:04pm

Good to hear Don, now to pick the eyes out of the coming week! It's looking dire!

donweather's picture
donweather's picture
donweather Monday, 26 Aug 2013 at 2:33pm

Yep, Spring has sprung big time!!!! Time to put the boards away for the next 3 mths!!! :'(

Although looking out on the horizon one may start praying it comes to fruition!!!!