Indo Swell Forecast

rees0's picture
rees0 started the topic in Thursday, 21 Mar 2013 at 12:45pm

Flying into bali tomorrow for 3 weeks and not sure on where im headed. Hoping to get deserts at least once and want to check out sumbawa or g land at some point as well. Whats the best site for indo forecasts and anyone keen to throw their own predictions out there greatly appreciated.

Some swell due next week according to MSW but im not sure on thier accuracy and been the tightwad i am i dont want to pay for the sites.

Cheers, Reece

donweather's picture
donweather's picture
donweather Thursday, 21 Mar 2013 at 1:10pm

Well, there's certainly no shortage of swell headed your way. Easy 8-10ft from Tuesday next week, with the big stuff peaking next Friday (good Friday). And then waning back down to more sedate 4-6ft for the next week after that.

donweather's picture
donweather's picture
donweather Thursday, 21 Mar 2013 at 1:11pm

Deserts will be wild on Good Friday (tide depending). I would expect some hell men to be shooting over from Bali to make deserts for this swell....but again, make sure you get it on the right tide as the swell all but disappears on the wrong tides.

rees0's picture
rees0's picture
rees0 Thursday, 21 Mar 2013 at 1:35pm

Excellent, not sure about taking on deserts once it gets too far past 6 ft maybe sumbawa might be more manageable on good friday? I will have a 4wd for the deserts mission whats it like getting a car too sumbawa?

brow-nobbys's picture
brow-nobbys's picture
brow-nobbys Saturday, 23 Mar 2013 at 6:29pm

Hey don how you goin? It's brow nobbys here, fortunate enough to be going to the mentawais next week for ten days. do you reckon you could do us a surf report cos craig n yours for the Maldives was pretty well spot on, so it looks pretty good from what I can see but I can't really work out the size n stuff, so any help would be appreciated. Staying in the playgrounds group 27/3.