backbeach started the topic in Thursday, 19 Jan 2012 at 8:15am

After the debacle that was BBG and the comments that ensued
what are everyone's favourite investments ST MT LT

Personally at the moment
LYL FGE BHP RIO MIO DCG FMG HZN MLD MND

ando's picture
ando's picture
ando Thursday, 19 Jan 2012 at 11:51am

I'm investing in the north coast local boy...I'm from Sydney and I'm a kook so I'll become a local on the NC, ride a ridiculous quad and whinge about everyone coming to MY beach. Locals can do that and I'll be a local....I'll change my nic to front beach.

sidthefish's picture
sidthefish's picture
sidthefish Friday, 20 Jan 2012 at 4:45am

fizzy silver bullion,

or at least ETPMAG.

RAI, CTO, DML, DLS, CCU, MAD.

backbeach's picture
backbeach's picture
backbeach Friday, 20 Jan 2012 at 8:42am

Ando, maybe you should read some investment books your strategy seems flawed, your from sydney your a kook, improve yourself at each opportunity, may your god be with you in your times of need & i hope life gets better, changing your online sign on wont help.

SURF MORE become a better person

backbeach's picture
backbeach's picture
backbeach Friday, 20 Jan 2012 at 9:22am

sidthefish, you threw out a few that i've been watching & been in, some i have no idea about, checking over the weekend thanks,

Div list march refer previous post wait for action

sidthefish's picture
sidthefish's picture
sidthefish Friday, 20 Jan 2012 at 12:03pm

BB, you're heavy on the contractors with them stocks. I can't knock the strategy, but their just not my thing.

One thing forsure, 2012 is only for those with hair on their balls... it won't come easy.

backbeach's picture
backbeach's picture
backbeach Saturday, 21 Jan 2012 at 8:07am

SID Yeah i agree, contractors might be a done thing,???

2012 is looking nasty, starting to research get divs but as you say hairs on the balls

Mainly in cash looking for ops,

SId are you a FA or TA investor i.m both

bigwayne's picture
bigwayne's picture
bigwayne Saturday, 21 Jan 2012 at 8:43am

?fair dinkum backfroth , mate you have obviously got it all by the short and curlys and a fairly good grasp of it cause now you are a FA AND TA, well FA AND TA the hell out of one , one is feeling a inadiquate at the moment. but of all the talk of sydney and kooks and the asx and the anger and the knowallness and the simple fact that you talk about how "core" you are indicates that you are indeed the very person you state you hate! with me littleman?
this was bought to you by a daring backfroth to stop talking through his anal cavity HRH bigwayne jong-il

sidthefish's picture
sidthefish's picture
sidthefish Saturday, 21 Jan 2012 at 8:54am

BB. contractors are a safe play methinks, (safe being a relative term in 2012), that's why I can't knock it. Just be careful they aren't carrying too much debt cos you don't want to suffer a refi/placement.

2012 is the year lots of the 09 refi needs rolling, when the SHTF in 08/09 heaps of refis were 2/3 years, all they could get cos of the illiquidity. Well, here we are, plus all the Govt.s that have their snouts in the debt trough. Its gunna be tight, between corps and gov.ts, we are talikng multi, multi trillions required. Scary.

FA? TA? ellaborate please.

sidthefish's picture
sidthefish's picture
sidthefish Saturday, 21 Jan 2012 at 9:07am

OT - these are a couple of really beautiful coins for ocean people. I collect them for beauty as much as value, they ARE expensive versus regular minted coins, but they are so damn nice.

http://www.perthmint.com.au/catalogue/discover-australia-2009-dreaming-d...

http://www.perthmint.com.au/catalogue/discover-australia-2011-dreaming-g...

spongebob's picture
spongebob's picture
spongebob Saturday, 21 Jan 2012 at 10:16am

You've got to be shitting me! Now we have Gordon Gekko in the surf forecasting forum.

backbeach's picture
backbeach's picture
backbeach Saturday, 21 Jan 2012 at 11:06am

Yeah sidthe fish i'm a fan of perth mint as well, problem my parents prefer to spend hundreds on crap for my kids than those beautiful offerings & worth something in the future

Fa fundamental analysis'
TA technical Analysis

Wayne are you stalking me
WAYNE"one is feeling a inadiquate at the moment. """
a not infrequent feeling i'm sure

Wayne"but of all the talk of sydney and kooks and the asx and the anger and the knowallness and the simple fact that you talk about how "core" you are "

How core i am when did i state that, i'm as flawed as most people but not as much as you BIGWAYNE, the financial market exist profit from it & be aware of its traps BBG was a joke for years hardly a surprise when it crumbled

Every post i'm stalked

sidthefish's picture
sidthefish's picture
sidthefish Saturday, 21 Jan 2012 at 11:48am

BB, ah yes. I don't subscribe to either. I stick to explorers, juniors and mid tier resource plays, bit unorthodox, but works for me. Quite often penny stocks, FA/TA not much use on these.

For spongeBob, consider buying bulk elbows of sinsemilla in may/june/july and sell as fiddys & quarters in dec/jan/feb.

spongebob's picture
spongebob's picture
spongebob Saturday, 21 Jan 2012 at 12:41pm

Thanks for the advice Sid & good luck turning a dollar on Perth mint collector coins.
Think Holey's & Dumps,1930 penny,high grade 23 half penny,Adelaide pounds & Sydney mint sovereigns & Australian pattern coins.

Perth mint bullion value only.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Saturday, 21 Jan 2012 at 1:20pm

Silly me, and I thought FA an TA was that fizzy orange stuff?

Is CCA still a blue-chip bet?

Oh, and Spongey, make sure you sell your pumpkin futures BEFORE October 31st.

spongebob's picture
spongebob's picture
spongebob Saturday, 21 Jan 2012 at 2:06pm

Good thinking Zen if sell on the 1st that will give me some cash flow through October until I start selling my fiddys & quarters in December.

sidthefish's picture
sidthefish's picture
sidthefish Sunday, 22 Jan 2012 at 12:02am

spongebob, I don't go those sorta heritage coins, got a mate who is right into em and is always buy/sell on ebay. I don't pretend to know about them, so not my thing.

If some numismatics I like come out of Perth, I'll get a few for fun, just grabbed a Polar Bear and Wedgetail Eagle. they are just beatiful things, not for profit.

Generally, I stick to silver bullion -1oz coin and 10oz bar- and buy "some" every month regardless of price. The spot price is a paper pixeland... jpm/hsbc and the crimex can suck my dick.

Meanwhile, bidness is brisk for fiddys and quarters. can't beat it in jan/feb...

Capitalism 2.0. :)

spongebob's picture
spongebob's picture
spongebob Sunday, 22 Jan 2012 at 11:18am

Yeah Sid I only got into old coins when I started digging them up with a metal detector.
I started seeing the stuff from Perth turning up at some of the auction houses when I was doing the Ebay thing.
Nice coins, I still have the 2000 proof set & the holographic moon landing coin as keepsakes.

Still haven't dug up that Holey though.

sidthefish's picture
sidthefish's picture
sidthefish Sunday, 22 Jan 2012 at 11:00pm

from Perth Mint, to consider...

Australian SeaLife Series 1/2oz Ag...

http://www.perthmint.com.au/catalogue/silver-coins-australian-sea-life-s...

Dreamtime Series 1oz Ag ...

http://www.perthmint.com.au/catalogue/da-the-dreaming-series-silver.aspx

for love, not profit, but they will worth heaps in time.

backbeach's picture
backbeach's picture
backbeach Tuesday, 24 Jan 2012 at 8:24am

No one listens sid nice returns on a couple you stated, this week, hope you were in.,(your a brave man) i agree love not profit on the silver & gold, kids & grandkids