Turnbull rolls over "again" to the ultra right

floyd's picture
floyd started the topic in Monday, 10 Feb 2014 at 7:21pm

No-one got anything to say about the loss of the car industry under a government and high viz Tony that promised to create 1,000,000 jobs?

Slumber away ........

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 14 Jun 2014 at 3:34am

I'm just glad I'm paying a debt levy in aid of getting the budget back to surplus and then a $250 000 000 program to put chaplains in schools is introduced so in effect I am subsidising the church to proselytise in public schools in our secular society.... Yewwww.

Because the private industry that is the church is struggling so hard anyway.

trippergreenfeet's picture
trippergreenfeet Saturday, 14 Jun 2014 at 8:58am
Blowin wrote:

I'm just glad I'm paying a debt levy in aid of getting the budget back to surplus and then a $250 000 000 program to put chaplains in schools is introduced so in effect I am subsidising the church to proselytise in public schools in our secular society.... Yewwww.

I'm with you Blowin...I love nothing more than supporting tax free, money making entities with juvinille brain washing programs - yee fuckin haa.
Makes me feel like I'm contributing to a better, well balanced society;-)

Fishlegs's picture
Fishlegs's picture
Fishlegs Saturday, 14 Jun 2014 at 8:10pm

Oh, it's so bloody depressing isn't it, think Marvin from Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, brain the size of a planet etc. Nick3, people, long before you ever existed, sacrificed all that they had to allow you to be were you are today. They are nameless and hidden deep in the history books of yesteryear. Next time you get on the train or walk down the street and see elderly folk clutching their small bag of groceries, ask yourself if they deserve better or deserve worse! Grose still waiting for your answer..........

Fishlegs's picture
Fishlegs's picture
Fishlegs Saturday, 14 Jun 2014 at 8:30pm
Blowin wrote:

Had to look up proselytise or proselytism never heard of that word before, but I know what it means now, assimilation.

Proselytism /ˈprɒsəlɨˌtɪzəm/ is the act of attempting to convert people to another religion or opinion.[1][2] The word proselytize is derived ultimately from the Greek language prefix προσ- (pros-, toward) and the verb ἔρχομαι (érchomai, to come) in the form of προσήλυτος (prosélytos, a new comer).[3] Historically in the Koine Greek Septuagint and New Testament, the word proselyte denoted a gentile who was considering conversion to Judaism. Though the word proselytism originally referred to Early Christianity (and earlier Gentiles such as God-fearers), it now refers to the attempt of any religion or religious individuals to convert people to their beliefs, or any attempt to convert people to a different point of view, religious or not. Proselytism is illegal in some countries.[4]
Wikipedia

yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer Saturday, 14 Jun 2014 at 8:59pm

@fishlegs-don't expect much empathy from nick3 and his ilk. Their kind of mindset allowed 10 year olds to work in coal mines 100 years ago. In that same era a woman who was both deaf and blind could somehow see things much more clearly.........

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Saturday, 14 Jun 2014 at 9:11pm

If people don't like living in a welfare state, they should move to countries that don't have it, instead of shoving their ideology down our throats.... May I suggest North Korea, or Haiti, Pakistan, Sudan, Zimbabwe....
Compare those to countries that have decent welfare; Australia, Sweden, U.K, New Zealand, Germany, Denmark......

nick3's picture
nick3's picture
nick3 Sunday, 15 Jun 2014 at 6:44am

Typical left wing bullshit. Floyd I totally support the age pension and any one deserving of welfare.
Shit me and many are the ones paying for the welfare. Sheep dip if you want me and the many to leave this country because we don't like to pay for welfare recipients that don't deserve or abusing the system.
Then who is going to pay for your great welfare state
Ideology is great till you have to get of your arse and earn it. To all the people who think it is great to have a welfare system to budge off fuck off. Go to Afghanistan and help the refuges since you so much time on your hands.

nick3's picture
nick3's picture
nick3 Sunday, 15 Jun 2014 at 6:51am

I would like to see the welfare pulled back and stop people abusing it. Then put more money towards the aged pension so they can do it a little easier.

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Sunday, 15 Jun 2014 at 7:42am

nick3 said .... "I totally support the age pension and any one deserving of welfare" and "I would like to see the welfare pulled back and stop people abusing it. Then put more money towards the aged pension so they can do it a little easier".

I pretty much agree with those words nick3 except rather than use the words "welfare pulled back" I would use the words "welfare better targeted" which would, in my mind, would include removing all so called middle class welfare and benefit (welfare & pension) eligibility via tax minimisation vehicles like family trusts.

My beef with this government is not that it is looking for cost savings (all government money should be well targeted and spent wisely) its the fact that they are going after the people who can least afford it.

yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer Sunday, 15 Jun 2014 at 9:50am

@nick3 it's good to hear you also oppose the budget measures to deny genuine under 30's welfare support when out of work. Even Clive Palmer spent time on unemployment benefits in his younger years before going on to be one of Australia's richest people. The vast majority of welfare recipients move on to lead more productive lives. Who would want to live long term on what is the least generous unemployment benefit in the OECD?

trippergreenfeet Sunday, 15 Jun 2014 at 10:07am
nick3 wrote:

I would like to see the welfare pulled back and stop people abusing it. Then put more money towards the aged pension so they can do it a little easier.

The pull back and stop people abusing it...nick3, abuse of systems will never be stopped, and to punish all for a minority who are opportunistic and abuse of the system is akin to keeping back the whole class for detention because one student was fucking about.

Myself, I'm one of the demographic than can afford to take a hit in middle class welfare, yet I'm hardly being hit at all, and I am more than happy to lose those vote sweetners that Howard threw my way but have never been repealed by either side - more than happy for a higher tax rate to provide better health, education and welfare/pensions to those less fortunate than myself.

Nick3, life is not as black and white as you aspire it to be, get off ya high horse and grow a fucking back bone, man is not an island...neither is politics, however to the detriment of the nation that is how it's portrayed, all for one and none for all.

trippergreenfeet Sunday, 15 Jun 2014 at 10:26am

Being on the dole - I was on the PK surf team for a few years, sometime by choice, at other times not. But one thing is for sure, when your on the dole involuntarily, for most it's soul destroying, so to take away from the young something that is demmeaning to most in the first place will lead to higher costs in other areas of society, the flow on effect will be felt for many years to come. Mental health, domestic/psychological abuse, drug addiction, crime, suicide, etc...the list is immense. These cost will far outway the cost of keeping the status quo.

The only sector to win from all this heartache will be the private profiteers.

As for me on the dole, I've now happily paid back my days of bludging many times over, gladly helping those who are less fortunate to get a leg up and to pensioners to keep a roof over their heads and lead a comfortable life into old age. And for those that have knowingly bludged off my taxes, well, it sucks but as I said before, you can't control the bad apples and they will continue to rot. But I do know one thing, I've been bled and ripped off by the 'legal' banking/capiltalist system by a far larger degree than any dole bludger could ever dream up. Fix the shitty tax and trust loop holes over many sectors that are bleeding the country dry for the benifit of few and watch the country, and in flow on effect, the people prosper. That means you too nick3, unless you are already one of the few fucking over the majority for personal gain, then all this is just hot air.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Sunday, 15 Jun 2014 at 10:33am

Nick3, you could've made your point without the pathetic abuse..... For one, in my post post, i didn't call you any names, in fact i didn't even mention you...... Point 2, I wont join you in the gutter at this stage, but keep it up, champ, and I will...
Point t 3 The aged pension is part of the welfare state, so you on one hand go off the richter about welfare, but then you write that you want more money put into welfare.......... ? ? ? You make no sense.........The countries I mentioned do not have a decent aged pension (WELFARE).... Some have no pension...... Welfare has been around in this country for longer than you've been alive.... So, if you don't like our society, move......
Go to the USA, Nick..... have a look at total poverty.... Have a look at how their economy didn't bounce back after the gfc.... Still hasn't.. Then have a look at countries that did bounce back.... They were the one s with a decent welfare state, where aged pensioners, disabled etc still got income, income they spent at woolies, gave to the landlord, filled their car up, payed bills , therefore kept others in work (maybe you), therefore kept house prices stable (unlike the USA)...... Welfare is possibly the most underrated form of economic safety stimulation a country can have......
As far as the remnants of Howards middle class suckhole "welfare", yeah get rid of it...... But don't crack down on the aged, the frail, or the unemployed....
ps - I hope one day your wife doesn't leave you and take everything..... I hope you don't lose it all, slide into bad health, therefore lose your job...... or have a bad car accident...... Or get cancer........ I for one wouldn't mind chipping in to help if that was the case......

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Sunday, 15 Jun 2014 at 1:17pm
Sheepdog wrote:

ps - I hope one day your wife doesn't leave you and take everything..... I hope you don't lose it all, slide into bad health, therefore lose your job...... or have a bad car accident...... Or get cancer........ I for one wouldn't mind chipping in to help if that was the case......

Thanks Sheepio I knew I could trust someone on here ;)
If my wife leaves me! can I come stay with you, I'll bring me 'IceBreaker' thermals as well...!
I got one pair only, we could share?? until I can afford a new pair from centrelink..

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Sunday, 15 Jun 2014 at 2:17pm

Mate... I got nearly 30 acres...... Got some corrugated iron there.......... Heaps of firewood..... Dams...... You could turn into Grizzly adams ;)

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Sunday, 15 Jun 2014 at 3:01pm

Love it ;) Sounds good Shepio,
Will you take me too that right hander you surfed a while back with no-one out...?
Welly Adams.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Sunday, 15 Jun 2014 at 3:19pm

I'll take ya' there, but it only breaks like that once in a blue moon.... Makes noosa look as consistent as dbah..... Bruny island aint far away though..... You can see it off in the distance from the top of the property.

yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer Sunday, 15 Jun 2014 at 3:22pm

Grizzly Sheepdog and Welly Adams!

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Sunday, 15 Jun 2014 at 4:27pm

heheheeeeee!!!! Wait till I sell up and move to Yorkes, yorko.....

Waylon Yorkes and Sheepy Nelson

And here's a track we'll play at the Minlaton show ;)

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Sunday, 15 Jun 2014 at 4:44pm

Gold, Love It
Sheepy Nelson....?

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Sunday, 15 Jun 2014 at 4:43pm
yorkessurfer wrote:

Grizzly Sheepdog and Welly Adams!

Classic YS, I must be the young good looking fella eh....

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Sunday, 15 Jun 2014 at 4:46pm
Sheepdog wrote:

I'll take ya' there, but it only breaks like that once in a blue moon.... Makes noosa look as consistent as dbah..... Bruny island aint far away though..... You can see it off in the distance from the top of the property.

Got some Sheep/Cows on that beautiful piece of land Sheepy Nelson...?

yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer Sunday, 15 Jun 2014 at 5:26pm

You can pick up some work herding sheep, and see islands out to sea from many parts of the coastline down here too Sheepdog! You will feel right at home;)

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Sunday, 15 Jun 2014 at 5:38pm

Welly, no..... But we let the neighbours throw their sheep on it, and in return we get free roasts.... Plus it keeps the grass down..... Got a platypus family in the bottom dam....
Yorko..... Decades ago I went to yorkes......Was just a young tacker brought up on sand bottomed points at the time.... Hadn't even really cut my teeth at old woman island..... I swear that's the place where I got hammered getting in and out..... Wasn't even that big lol :)
Ahhhh to be 20 again.....

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 15 Jun 2014 at 5:38pm

Amazing Sheepy. Looks like you'll land on your feet if you move into Yorkessurfers neighbourhood though.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Sunday, 15 Jun 2014 at 5:45pm

Yeah, blowin...... Wont get much for it mate...... Land down here is soooo cheap..... That's why we could only afford to move to regional Oz if we do it....... Aint no way I'm paying 1/2 a mill for a budgie box on the sunny coast, or a wheelie bin in Sydney........
Was looking at south nsw, but even there is outragious....... And W.A? Fuck me drunk!!!!
Nah, Regional vicco, or Sa..... Should take this to another thread, but does anyone know if the wonthaggi region of vicco has decent breaks?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 15 Jun 2014 at 6:05pm

Sheepy, you want to net those platypus and ship them off to Germany in a length of PVC pipe and you'll get enough money to buy half of Queensland. The platypus are a pest anyway, they compete with the carp.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Sunday, 15 Jun 2014 at 6:16pm

Well I was gonna do a midnight grab and run on the tassie poppy fields....... And I was gonna put welly on "crop security".....

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Sunday, 15 Jun 2014 at 6:30pm

Yep keen as Sheepio, With my cape on, its a sure deterrent.

Great photo YS.

Blowin, sounds like you have things wired re; shipping stuff.

Carry on fellas back to yee lo Abbott, interesting read, I'm learning things here;)

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Sunday, 15 Jun 2014 at 8:22pm

Welly. You will not be wearing your cape!!!! FFS the choppers and bikie gangs will spot you from f*ckn hobart.... Nah mate I got an outfit and ak ready for ya' ;)

Welly earning his keep lol

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Monday, 16 Jun 2014 at 3:04pm

Geez thats a crack up, its like looking for a Yowie in the bush with someone elses fucked up photo,
You see what you want to eh.....?

This is not politics now, My apologies :) Learnt that off Southey ;-)

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Monday, 16 Jun 2014 at 3:07pm

Ok back to politics....... abbott and Iraq? Whats the go, people???? Jump in? Stay out? I'll go "stay out"....

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Monday, 16 Jun 2014 at 3:10pm

Now I see it, He's a special forces bloke with a rifle in a Ghillie suit . ;)

yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer Monday, 16 Jun 2014 at 3:23pm

Colin Powell warned George W Bush that going into Iraq was like walking into a China Shop 'If you break it, you own it'. What choice have we got?
When millions of Iraqi refugees start pouring out of the county will we see the Coalition taking responsibility for the mess they helped create and allow some of these war victims to settle here?

trippergreenfeet Monday, 16 Jun 2014 at 3:47pm
yorkessurfer wrote:

When millions of Iraqi refugees start pouring out of the county will we see the Coalition taking responsibility for the mess they helped create and allow some of these war victims to settle here?

Base cause analysis with an outcome that doesn't fit the ideology, not fuckin likely.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Monday, 16 Jun 2014 at 3:56pm

I think the shiites and the sunnis have to man up and take responsibilty for their actions...... Yes, the boundaries drawn up by christians and jews after ww2 have created this tribal mish mash..... But come on..... It's 2000 and fucking 14......
Oil...... God...... money...... power.......

yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer Monday, 16 Jun 2014 at 4:38pm

It's funny to hear complaints about Labor's debt, which was spent on roads, public transport, hospitals and schools during the worst financial crisis since The Great Depression.
A Reuters study looked at the cost of the Iraq war, and that's not including what we are about to do next with that can of worms?
Quote Reuters;
NEW YORK (Reuters) - The U.S. war in Iraq has cost $1.7 trillion with an additional $490 billion in benefits owed to war veterans, expenses that could grow to more than $6 trillion over the next four decades counting interest, a study released on Thursday said.
http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSBRE92D0PG20130314?irpc=932

trippergreenfeet Monday, 16 Jun 2014 at 4:53pm

War is a racket.

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Monday, 16 Jun 2014 at 5:17pm

Tennis Racket TGF...?
In one court, bounced into the next...? Your serve please 40/40 deuce. One up...?
I hear ya ;)

trippergreenfeet Monday, 16 Jun 2014 at 5:32pm

If only we were talking about a friendly game of tennis.

http://www.ratical.org/ratville/CAH/warisaracket.pdf

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Monday, 16 Jun 2014 at 5:33pm

I'm with you YS.

What about a Royal Commission into Howard's lies about weapons of mass destruction and the cost of that illegal war.

And ....... the west should keep out the Arab world and its problems, no matter how brutal and distasteful they settle their differences. A look at American history will reveal the civil war (death toll up to 750,000 soldiers) and before that the carnage inflicted on their American first nations (disputed but likely to be millions) and here (between 500,000 and 750,000 Australian Aboriginals killed (mostly by disease) as a direct result of the 1st boat people arriving).

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Monday, 16 Jun 2014 at 5:58pm

While Abbott tours the war memorials, the sunnis gather 'round..
With ak's doing "holy work", put the shiites in the ground...
The dogs of war are barking red, a sweet and sickly breath
A mother proudly sends her son off to a martyrs death

Now an ayatolla enemy wants to hold Obama's hand
Choking on hypocrisy in a blood and oil drenched land.
A contra deal, a turning wheel, and a petrol tank of lies
Cnn and fox say who to back, who to despise.

Will Abbott put our young men back in the firing line
And will the polls reward him, will we pay him back in kind
When the truth aint logic and when logic isnt proof
When the proof is in the pudding but the pudding isn't truth

And the west enjoys a circus.... the plastic people dance..
The sugar daddy's pop their pills to liven up their pants
But the war goes in like clockwork cos there's profits to be made
So Do si do your partner....... To satan's serenade......

Fishlegs's picture
Fishlegs's picture
Fishlegs Monday, 16 Jun 2014 at 6:58pm

I didn't want to look back on this forum (I thought I was getting toxic), but I couldn't help myself. Then I read the comedic banter and was reminded why I thought this forum was relevant & intelligent. Haven't laughed like that in days. Well done.

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Monday, 16 Jun 2014 at 7:18pm

Fishlegs thats enough to laugh at comedic banter, your Avatar name, hey there champ someone has to pull of comedic banter just to settle the tone a little :)
Fishlegs haha, i'm wondering if BB has a donation of your avatar name.......?
Back to Abbot..? As you have realised Fish Legs.. I honestly have no idea and am just learning about this round and round circle Politics.
Peace out

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Monday, 16 Jun 2014 at 8:05pm
trippergreenfeet wrote:

If only we were talking about a friendly game of tennis.

http://www.ratical.org/ratville/CAH/warisaracket.pdf

Geez TGF what a great read, That took me awhile I loved it.
Unbelievable stuff......!

When was that script written...?

Fishlegs's picture
Fishlegs's picture
Fishlegs Monday, 16 Jun 2014 at 8:17pm

That's right Welly you have done well, comedy relief was exactly what was needed at the time you chimed in. It's exactly what was needed when things get heavy, I think of a time when I looked over to me mate when we were scratching for the horizon, in the middle of nowhere, and the set of a lifetime was about to unload on our head. He turned around in the last second and shouted "your gunna get drilled" he was only a metre away. Laughed so hard I nearly drowned.

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Monday, 16 Jun 2014 at 8:46pm

Was he in front of you, or behind...?
Did you both get drilled....?

Hard to laugh under water when trying to hold your breath....
Don't drown FishLegs, please ;)

Fishlegs's picture
Fishlegs's picture
Fishlegs Monday, 16 Jun 2014 at 9:00pm

The masked man has spoken.
we were scratching for the horizon, in the middle of nowhere, and the set of a lifetime was about to unload on our head. He turned around in the last second and shouted "your gunna get drilled" he was only a metre away. Laughed so hard I nearly drowned.

Fishlegs's picture
Fishlegs's picture
Fishlegs Monday, 16 Jun 2014 at 9:13pm

Boring Welly

nick3's picture
nick3's picture
nick3 Tuesday, 17 Jun 2014 at 9:09am

Now sheep dip when it comes to your pathetic rant at me it goes to show how mentally unstable you are and easily wound up.
If my wife was to leave and take everything I would suck it up and move on. Start again.
I would like to think that for the most that the aged pension is more a welfare that the the majority of people receiving it have some payed for it over 40 years or more of working. Or at least part of it.