Turnbull rolls over "again" to the ultra right

floyd's picture
floyd started the topic in Monday, 10 Feb 2014 at 7:21pm

No-one got anything to say about the loss of the car industry under a government and high viz Tony that promised to create 1,000,000 jobs?

Slumber away ........

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Wednesday, 17 Jun 2015 at 3:00pm

Thanks zen will check the books out.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Wednesday, 17 Jun 2015 at 6:25pm

Blurb Shortle, I mean Bilge Shunter, I mean Blurt Shister, I mean Bill Shorten has to go..... Tony Abbotts' coalition is the worse, most kaniving, mean, evil spirited, abomination of a government in Australia's history.... But...... BUT..... The opposition under Boort Shlerger has become a laughing stock.... The last 2 days in parliament were atrocious..... Skeletons keep coming out of the closet....

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/bill-shortens-union-took-hundreds-of-t...

If something isn't done very VERY soon, Tony Abbott will call an early election, and thanks to a pathetic opposition leader and a team too wary of union faceless men, the coalition will win by default, giving our ethically bankrupt nation another 3 years of coalition waterboarding.....

grocer's picture
grocer's picture
grocer Wednesday, 17 Jun 2015 at 7:16pm

One of Australia’s biggest builders paid Bill Shorten’s union nearly $300,000 after he struck a workplace deal that cut conditions and saved the company as much as $100 million on a major Melbourne road project.

A Fairfax Media investigation has uncovered large payments from joint venture builder Thiess John Holland to the Australian Workers Union when Mr Shorten, now opposition leader, ran the union.

The payments started soon after work began on the $2.5 billion East Link tollway in Melbourne’s eastern suburbs in 2005.The deal was hugely favourable to the builder, allowing it to effectively work around the clock by reducing conditions around rostering and weekend work, helping the project finish five months early. It was lauded in a 2006 report by the free enterprise lobby, the Institute of Public Affairs (IPA), which claimed it saved the company tens of millions of dollars.
The payment was part of more than $1 million of largely unexplained employer cash flowing into the AWU’s Victorian branch between January 2004 and late 2007, when Mr Shorten was either state or federal secretary.

While the Labor Party and unions were protesting Howard's work choices Bill was screwing his members out of millions with his own secret deals with employers.

More to come comrades.

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Wednesday, 17 Jun 2015 at 9:48pm
grocer wrote:

One of Australia’s biggest builders paid Bill Shorten’s union nearly $300,000 after he struck a workplace deal that cut conditions and saved the company as much as $100 million on a major Melbourne road project.

A Fairfax Media investigation has uncovered large payments from joint venture builder Thiess John Holland to the Australian Workers Union when Mr Shorten, now opposition leader, ran the union.

The payments started soon after work began on the $2.5 billion East Link tollway in Melbourne’s eastern suburbs in 2005.The deal was hugely favourable to the builder, allowing it to effectively work around the clock by reducing conditions around rostering and weekend work, helping the project finish five months early. It was lauded in a 2006 report by the free enterprise lobby, the Institute of Public Affairs (IPA), which claimed it saved the company tens of millions of dollars.
The payment was part of more than $1 million of largely unexplained employer cash flowing into the AWU’s Victorian branch between January 2004 and late 2007, when Mr Shorten was either state or federal secretary.

While the Labor Party and unions were protesting Howard's work choices Bill was screwing his members out of millions with his own secret deals with employers.

More to come comrades.

Gosh Grocer, get on the next bus and race down to the royal commission with those details. Better still ring up 2GB tomorrow and get on air with Alan or Ray or Ben and spill your guts. The world needs to know this.

As odd as it sounds bubble brain I remember the main reason why that freeway finished early was Melbourne was in the middle of a drought during its construction and the lack of rain allowed the required massive earth moving works to proceed without wet weather disruption(s).

Again, nothing like not letting the truth get in the way of a good story Grocer Boy.

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Wednesday, 17 Jun 2015 at 10:49pm

Anyone else hear Abbott on TV tonight infer that paying people smugglers was the moral thing to do (it needs to be an inference at this time because he is still refusing to confirm it actually happened).

The breathtaking irony of Abbott talking about morals .....

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 18 Jun 2015 at 8:42am

This seemed to slip under the media radar.

"Abbott government buys cheaper Vietnamese fishing boats to tow back asylum seekers"

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/abbott-government-...

BTW. crazy we give these orange boats away but i guess its much cheaper than housing them, i wonder where they all are now and what they are being used for, some Indos must be stoked, id love to intercept one and buy it cheap to modify as a floating home to travel through the Mentawai's, North Sumatra.

Whatever way you look at it someone is getting a free boat if its an orange one they are worth $200,000 AUD thats pretty crazy, you would expect the people smugglers are getting the boats then selling them on, so whatever way you look at it we are paying the people smugglers.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Thursday, 18 Jun 2015 at 9:39am
grocer wrote:

More to come comrades.

Are you a fuckn parrot mate????? Have a look at my earlier post directly above yours... Did you cut and paste that from my link?..... I'd also suggest to use inverted comma's when posting something YOU didn't write.....

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Thursday, 18 Jun 2015 at 11:23am

Unfortunately more to come with Health Services Union mess.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Saturday, 20 Jun 2015 at 11:58am

"Rolling out the red carpet for terrorists"..... Really, Tony Abbott???? The shit sandwich continues to deliver.....

rh-taxi's picture
rh-taxi's picture
rh-taxi Saturday, 20 Jun 2015 at 12:47pm

Tony Abbott is a joke, we should be stripping him of his Australian citizenship, putting him and Joe Hockey on a boat and piss them off back to the old blighty before they totally fuck this country up. Tony..Joe.. your villages want you back, though they probably don't.

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Saturday, 20 Jun 2015 at 2:38pm
Sheepdog wrote:

"Rolling out the red carpet for terrorists"..... Really, Tony Abbott???? The shit sandwich continues to deliver.....

Some guy has commented in The Age today that he was born in Britain and grew up with the London bombings and other terrorist acts. He says that both sides of British politics were totally united during this period and neither sought to gain political advantage as Abbott is doing now. He thinks Abbott is a total disgrace.

Further .... I see Abbott is continuing to "verbal" and misrepresent Bret Walker one of Australia's pre-eminent legal minds and the author of the report to government on which Abbott is falsely trying to introduce his special ministerial powers legislation to strip citizenship. Bret Walker is furious with Abbott for his continuing mis-representation of his position and is demanding an apology.

Nice work yesterday Abbott walking away from press conferences when asked about his view on the Pope's statements about the need for serious action on climate change. No come to Jesus moment there!

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Saturday, 20 Jun 2015 at 3:12pm

Floyd... An excerpt from my letter to Dreyfus on Thurs' night, after a disastrous 36 hours for Labor.... It seems some are now taking this tack in returning fire to Abbott over "red carpet";

"To return fire against Abbott and Dutton, re stripping of citizenship
simply do this....

Show it for what it is worth, nothing more than a smoksecreen used to
cover the coalitions failings in regards to border security.... here's
how....
1. Point out that if someone has decided to go and fight for isis, why
wasn't it picked up before they left? And how many people under the
coalitions watch have gone under the radar??. How slack has checking
people travelling to the middle east become??
2. If an Australian dual national is identified fighting for Isis and
we therefore know who that person is, is the government that useless
or are they that unconfident that our border security will not be able
to identify them when they return? Are they saying they do not have
the skill to arrest these people upon arrival here, and therefore
these people form a risk? If so, that is a damning indictment on our
border security under the coalition...
3. - Say labor would be rolling out the paddywagons upon their
arrival, whereas the coalition seem to want to roll out the spin,
because they can't catch them leaving, and they can't seem to catch
them coming back........ ;).
4. "We wont strip these terrorists of their citizenship.... If they
have taken arms against us, we will hunt them down, and they will feel
the full force of the Australian law".....

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Saturday, 20 Jun 2015 at 4:08pm

@sheepy,

all good points .... what about show us your proof that this is needed.

its seems everyone in the press gallery know what a pathetic piece of political shit Abbott is yet where are the massive headlines? I see and hear plenty of press people laugh and shake their heads but where are the editorials? None, so why is that?

it seems many many people / voters are also fed up with him so why aren't the polls showing Abbott going through the basement?

the budget, this years and last years, still have those massive cuts to education and health all pretty much everything in between waiting in the shadows.

Abbott has come clean that he hates renewables and the RET and will appoint a wind farm commissioner, WTF, while sacking the disability commissioner when 60% of all complaints to the human rights commissioner deal with disability ....

I only have some much time here, and there is so much to write about this miserable government ......

YET WHERE IS THE PUBLIC OUTCRY?

Man I'm so angry I could scream but I don't think people really care.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Saturday, 20 Jun 2015 at 4:20pm

Floyd.... Here's the problem.... 80% of people are fucktards.... So.... You can't use a technical or deeply logical counter attack, because the fucktards will just tune out.... And Renovation rescue will be on soon......
The way to counter the "red carpet" stuff is to say "Abbott can't catch 'em..... he's thrown in the towel... I'm sure my fellow Australians can see this (lol)..... Unlike the coalition who just want these people to get away, we want to catch them..... And we will catch them..........
Simple as that, floyd........

Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68 Saturday, 20 Jun 2015 at 4:37pm
Sheepdog wrote:

Floyd.... Here's the problem.... 80% of people are fucktards.... So.... You can't use a technical or deeply logical counter attack, because the fucktards will just tune out.... And Renovation rescue will be on soon......
The way to counter the "red carpet" stuff is to say "Abbott can't catch 'em..... he's thrown in the towel... I'm sure my fellow Australians can see this (lol)..... Unlike the coalition who just want these people to get away, we want to catch them..... And we will catch them..........

Classic Sheepy!! Which side of that 80/20 ledger are you seated?!?

Sorry, I haven't been following your thread in detail but that post grabbed my attention.....

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Saturday, 20 Jun 2015 at 5:11pm
Sheepdog wrote:

True, but even fucktards don't like getting it up the arse and Abbott has just about reamed everyone in the last 18 months except for his political and financial backers.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Saturday, 20 Jun 2015 at 5:40pm
Rabbits68 wrote:
Sheepdog wrote:

Sorry, I haven't been following your thread in detail but that post grabbed my attention.....

Mate, in the remaining 20%, there is a 3% block of incredibly modest intelligent good looking well hung wealthy but generous people.... I'm in that group... :p

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Saturday, 20 Jun 2015 at 6:45pm
Sheepdog wrote:
Rabbits68 wrote:
Sheepdog wrote:

Mate, in the remaining 20%, there is a 3% block of incredibly modest intelligent good looking well hung wealthy but generous people.... I'm in that group... :p

,/\)

Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68 Saturday, 20 Jun 2015 at 6:53pm
Sheepdog wrote:
Rabbits68 wrote:
Sheepdog wrote:

I thought I recognised you from somewhere :-()

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Saturday, 20 Jun 2015 at 8:28pm

Touche', rabs.... Touche'..... ;)

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Sunday, 21 Jun 2015 at 9:43am

@well hung sheepy, bahahahahahaha

did you see Shorten on Insiders this morning? No, ABC's iview later in the day.

fired up he did.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 21 Jun 2015 at 5:31pm

Google - "Trade deal acronym translates to "we lose"". Sydney Morning Herald.

Signed and promoted by Liberals and Labour (the party formerly representative of labour anyway).

This is what you should really be worried about.

The realities of globalisation .

The realisation that it's not actually about the unification of man.

Never was, never will be.

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Sunday, 21 Jun 2015 at 9:39pm

Primary & Secondary Education - the new frontier for Abbott government cuts ...........

http://www.theage.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/tony-abbotts-sc...

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 23 Jun 2015 at 3:19am

floyd said

did you see Shorten on Insiders this morning? No, ABC's iview later in the day.

fired up he did.

i honestly dont know if you're serious or not after watching insiders. if that is bill shorten "fired up" he needs to be checked for a heart beat, very very calmly presented weasal words was all i saw. too calm, too much weasal, when there was nothing to weasal out of, blah blah boring. possibly the most boring insiders interview and episode ever, after what was an interesting week in politics. i think bill shorten is possibly a drone planted by us conservatives to make abbott look good.

having said that, i think grocer is way off too, it appears shorten is guilty of very little really. as he said guilty of representing workers maybe.

but after watching monday's 7.30 report on overseas students in the meat industry, i think he's guilty of not representing workers. seriously where the fuck is labor with all these dodgy work visa things going on? i know they're only students, and the main girl from the story needs to realise china is essentially a third world country, but that doesn't make it right. and doesn't change the fact these occurrences undermine conditions for australian workers. and all this is going on in large meat supplying factories like steggles. most of us accept there is lots of dodginess with overseas workers on farms and other out of the way work places but really? large established meat suppliers, and labor is nowhere to be seen. this stuff is labor's bread and butter i would have thought. not to mention blowin's free trade agreement example allowing chinese companies to bring in their own workers for projects...supported by labor no less.

just keep firing blanks billy boy, your overlords are pleased.

lp's picture
lp's picture
lp Tuesday, 23 Jun 2015 at 6:45am

abbott is a knuckledragging dimwit. his continued climate change denial is making us the laughing stock of the world. all these things that politicians love to bang on about, ie, economic growth, employment, stop the boats etc will mean jack shit if we don't act now to turn towards renewable energy. i am baffled how this peanut still has his job. if he gets a second term then we deserve everything we get

Fliplid's picture
Fliplid's picture
Fliplid Tuesday, 23 Jun 2015 at 6:57am

Hey sypkan,

Just wondering who are billy boys overlords?

Do you prefer hysterical rants over calm discussion?

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 23 Jun 2015 at 7:30am

not sure fliplid, someone's driving the drone

calm discussion is good... usually

its more the unengaging waffle that was coming out of his mouth. i shouldnt pick on him, but it seems even when he has something to say, there is nothing worth listening to

grocer's picture
grocer's picture
grocer Tuesday, 23 Jun 2015 at 7:57am

"If the allegations are true, Shorten and his mates have pretended to be the workers’ champion when in fact they will be seen to have had not the workers’ interest at heart but their own.

Climbing over the weak to feather your own nest, while pretending to lift them up, is the work of bad people....

No one in Labor should imagine that we will all think Shorten was the only one. If these allegations turn out to be true, we will all conclude not that this was Shorten’s dirty little secret but that they all knew about it and condoned it."

The Labor party prey on the weak and gullible

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Tuesday, 23 Jun 2015 at 8:39am

One of your more coherent contributions grocer but still making no sense at all.

I would put more faith in the findings of corruption at ICAC last year than this politically inspired royal commission finding anything on Shorten.

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Tuesday, 23 Jun 2015 at 10:17am

If true that the Unions compromised workers wages, conditions or rights for payments to Union coffers then this is a major and serious development. We have seen union funds used corruptly but our wages compromised is a totally new issue. No bikie gang will stop us workers on this one.

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Thursday, 25 Jun 2015 at 2:02pm

Anybody got anything to say about the frenzied fuckups surrounding Abbott and his patriotism over the last week?

I just want the shithead to call the election.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Thursday, 25 Jun 2015 at 2:43pm

And while you're at it, a response to why Shorten lied to the Australian public on national radio?

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Thursday, 25 Jun 2015 at 3:30pm

Shit.... Senator Leyonhjelm comments today on the Indigenous ? !

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 25 Jun 2015 at 3:40pm

He "regrets his answer", he wont admit he lied..yet

Really interesting watching abc's the killing season, doesn't paint billy too favourably, but I wont pick on bill anymore because it seems he's all labor has got. Some serious labor lamenting going on though.

the show reminds me why labor is in such a shambles, plenty of good ones left after the double double debacle, like combet and tanner, some not so good too, like arbib, I love rudd's comment about Arbib leaving "There goes the heart and soul of the nsw right… off to casino land... the moral epicenter of that particular factional grouping. gold.

it also reminds me how smart K rudd is. yeh he is a bit of a wanker but labor should have learnt to work with him. and as k rudd said, they should have learnt to rein him in if neceassary. people outside the party, former world leaders, spoke very highly of him. labor should grovel him back, he's about the only chance they have got, him or wong

c'mon tonybarber fire up your bikie mates, from your particular factional group, and do something, bills not getting the hint

barley's picture
barley's picture
barley Thursday, 25 Jun 2015 at 4:33pm

Congrats floggy..45 pages 3+ title changes and 3yrs since your precious lovers lost the election and your still sooking like a little cry baby! Waaaa waaa can you admit now your love of the labor party princess?
Or do you love big tones? Cant stop talking about him, reading about him and probably looking at pictures of him! You have an abbott addiction! Besotted with him.!
Hilarious man..the funny thing is if abbsy called an election now he will probably win! Can you imagine that flog? Or are you secretlu dreaming for it?

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Thursday, 25 Jun 2015 at 5:31pm

The vast majority of us lie on a daily basis. Shock horror a politician (Shorten) lied about and internal Labor party matter. If you want to pick on a pathological liar in the Labor Party look no further that Krudd.

barley oh barley I haven't voted Labor in over 15 years, too much like Liberals I'm afraid. I just want good government for the people by the people (and not the lobbyists and big capital) so its all about damage control and which party will harm the punter the least.

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Thursday, 25 Jun 2015 at 6:11pm

Gents...forget about lies, corruption, holiday houses, first class tickets for the family to Europe - just pay your Union fees and do as the delegates say.

barley's picture
barley's picture
barley Thursday, 25 Jun 2015 at 9:04pm

I call bullshit floyd...every single page of this topic you've stuck up for labor, promoted their policies defended them..the only person your fooling mate is yourself!
It must really piss you off that the fact is the current government is actually doing a pretty good job. Even labor are seeing the turn around now that they are starting to backflip.
But its ok mate you must really have something personal against abbott. Some deep seated hatred that you can keep this up for this long..i mean seriously youve had 45 pages on this topic and how many posts do you post a day? Fark man you really need to get a job or a life to get you over this point in your life..its not healthy man

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Thursday, 25 Jun 2015 at 10:08pm

there you go bubble brain ....

http://www.theage.com.au/comment/tough-talk-but-inconsistencies-lead-to-...

The video is well worth watching

Shatner'sBassoon's picture
Shatner'sBassoon Friday, 26 Jun 2015 at 4:08pm
barley wrote:

It must really piss you off that the fact is the current government is actually doing a pretty good job.

Really?? Please explain. Or just give an example, a real one, not a waste of everyone's time bit of nonsense from the LNP PR Dept.

I, for one, am genuinely interested. Am I missing something actual?

Hang on, unless you mean they're doing a 'good job' of...[insert wreckage of your choice]

Check it:

http://sallymcmanus.net/abbotts-wreckage/

It's a long list...might be why this thread is as long as it is...and growing longer and longer and longer

ad nauseam

Good gummint starts today...no, today, no, today, no, today...

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Friday, 26 Jun 2015 at 4:54pm

Nice work SB, the question is at what point do rusted on Liberals say that's it I can't vote for Abbott?

I personally know many many life-long Liberal voters and none voted for him last time and they are now saying he is Australia's worse ever PM . They will be again voting informal at the next election.

Shatner'sBassoon Friday, 26 Jun 2015 at 5:57pm

From that well-known leftist rag, The Australian Financial Review:

http://www.afr.com/news/politics/the-coalition-has-found-that-fear-is-a-...

Shatner'sBassoon Friday, 26 Jun 2015 at 6:03pm

"If you want to win elections - scare the dumb people" - Karl Rove (George 'Dubya' Bush's Senior Advisor & Deputy Chief of Staff)

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Friday, 26 Jun 2015 at 6:37pm

Shatner, there's heaps of scared dumb people around, scared enough not to question the increasing level of nationalism and militarism going around.

Remember, you're either with us or you're against us.......

Check this out, some food for thought here -

http://tasmaniantimes.com/index.php?/weblog/article/is-the-abbott-govern...

barley's picture
barley's picture
barley Friday, 26 Jun 2015 at 7:10pm

barley's picture
barley's picture
barley Friday, 26 Jun 2015 at 7:10pm

Didnt you guys watch the killing season?..the best part wasnt the kniving, the backdoor bandits, the egotistical characters of the labor party that still reside in the labor party it was the fact that after its all been done and dusted and things surely couldnt get any worse.. that they are STILL lying about it to us and each other!!! C'mon if those guys were your bosses or friends they wouldve all been savked without pay!
And you guys are still willing to vote for them? Hahahahaha

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Friday, 26 Jun 2015 at 7:11pm

Ouch bubble brain, you're so vicious ....

grocer's picture
grocer's picture
grocer Friday, 26 Jun 2015 at 7:24pm
barley wrote:

I call bullshit floyd...every single page of this topic you've stuck up for labor, promoted their policies defended them..the only person your fooling mate is yourself!
It must really piss you off that the fact is the current government is actually doing a pretty good job. Even labor are seeing the turn around now that they are starting to backflip.
But its ok mate you must really have something personal against abbott. Some deep seated hatred that you can keep this up for this long..i mean seriously youve had 45 pages on this topic and how many posts do you post a day? Fark man you really need to get a job or a life to get you over this point in your life..its not healthy man

Ouch ! That's a bit close to the bone eh Floyd . How are you going to cope with the LNP looking good for another term? It might be a good time to find a good psychiatrist comrade.

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Friday, 26 Jun 2015 at 7:39pm

ah darn, I'm being tag-teamed by dumb and dumber on a Friday night while listening to a bootleg of Lou Reed live in 1974.

i think you mean pharmacist grocer, feels like the whole country has been trippin since Captain Abbott and Team Australia took over.

The LNP looking good ah, man what drugs you taking?

barley's picture
barley's picture
barley Friday, 26 Jun 2015 at 7:48pm

Thats cool floggy...it will take a while to deal with so just start now my friend..another 3yrs 45+pages you might reread yourself and agree how out of it you are..most crew dont give a fuck and just care about the cash in their pocket..if there is cash to put in there.