Climate change wankers

nick3's picture
nick3 started the topic in Thursday, 9 May 2013 at 6:48pm

http://principia-scientific.org/supportnews/latest-news/163-new-discover...
Now to all you fruit loops. This is the end to the biggest load bullshit of all time. The government know's it (but still won't say it ), the smart people like me know it. When will you clowns please apologise to me for your un-educated attacks.
To all the man made global warmest alarmist's suck shit losers.
Now go and do something worthwhile fuckwits.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Friday, 18 Sep 2015 at 2:10pm

nice one floyd, good to see someone living by their convictions. I do remember others impressed by your low consumption levels, so good on you. my moron greeny mates just put solar panels on and consume more!!!

just stirring blindboy, we do appreciate your efforts and passion

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Friday, 18 Sep 2015 at 2:38pm

g'day nick3,

I totally understand you would be all bitter & twisted right now after losing Tony Rabbit.

As therapy I suggest you convene a meeting of your like-minded climate fringe dwellers in that telephone booth of yours and recall the good ole days of ditching the bitch, ju-liar and stopping the tax.

Alternatively, you could ring Cory Bernardi, he's going to have lots of time on his hands out there on the outer limits of sanity while Turnbull is PM.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 19 Sep 2015 at 5:24am

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2015/sep/15/with-a-nip-and-a-bit-...

heres a different and interesting take from guardian comments on what australia should do regardimg climate change. at risk of undermining it before you read it tim flannery was saying similar things a long time ago. not saying I support it, especially as it advocates nuclear power, and there's some good criticism in the following comments. but it's an interesting way of looking at it

DrBSGoh
4d ago

I hope the new PM Turnbull will not be trapped by feel good policies which abounds in Australia.

Australia is a small country people wise. Each year the total CO2 Emission of Australia is less than the annual INCREASE of CO2 emission of China. Govt policies must be formulated in a time frame like 50 years. It is be clear that the only relevant Performance Index in the War against GLOBAL warming is the total CO2 emission globally over a 50 years time frame.

There is an appropriate mathematical tool known as optimal control theory which goes back to the time of Newton, then known as the Calculus of Variations, and further developed in the nineteen sixties in the golden age of rocket science when man landed on the moon. Optimal control theory can be used to formulate Long Term COST EFFECTIVE Policies for Australia in the war against global warming.

The logical policy is to do nothing within Australia except joint R&D in nuclear energy and renewable energies with China and India with the aim of moderating the CO2 emissions of these Asian giants.

To understand the logic of this global logical policy for Australia one can study a parallel global problem. How best should Australia contribute to manage the exponential Global population at more than 7,000,000,000 and increasing at more than 80,000,000 a year?

Australia has one of the highest per capita population growth and yet Australia's population is irrelevant. The vast majority will scream stupid if we insist that a one child policy should be introduced in Australia as our contribution to fight global population. The logical policy is for Australia to spend a few billion dollars a year to assist any developing country withdrawn exploding populations if they want. Thus the structure and methodology of both pressing global problems are almost identical.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Tuesday, 6 Oct 2015 at 4:11pm

Very interesting but scary article on the record cooling in the Atlantic Ocean compared to the rest of the worlds hottest year on record.

"Scientists worried about cold 'blob' in North Atlantic amid record hot spell"

sharkman's picture
sharkman's picture
sharkman Tuesday, 6 Oct 2015 at 6:27pm

yeah stu those climate wankers , sure don't have many scientific signposts to how quick climate is changing .

been watching Europes swell this year so many west swells , the lows drop off Greenland/Newfoundland , go south to the coast of Portugul and then track back up to Ireland , really bizarre!

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Tuesday, 6 Oct 2015 at 8:00pm
nick3 wrote:

http://principia-scientific.org/supportnews/latest-news/163-new-discover...
Now to all you fruit loops. This is the end to the biggest load bullshit of all time. The government know's it (but still won't say it ), the smart people like me know it. When will you clowns please apologise to me for your un-educated attacks.
To all the man made global warmest alarmist's suck shit losers.
Now go and do something worthwhile fuckwits.

Ha ha nick you still can't tell real science from oil company propaganda. Principal-scientific a has no credibility

Smurfburger's picture
Smurfburger's picture
Smurfburger Wednesday, 7 Oct 2015 at 10:29am

well there you have it

if anyone is going to uncover the scam that is climate change - it's gonna be a right wing extremist Murdoch shill

barley's picture
barley's picture
barley Wednesday, 7 Oct 2015 at 11:12am

Denial muffburger?or just another sheep

soggydog's picture
soggydog's picture
soggydog Wednesday, 7 Oct 2015 at 11:39am

There is only one logical way to approach action on Climate Change. Im a chippy not a scientist but here goes. If we address climate change take action and it turns out that Climate Change is not real all we have done is improve our situation and made the earth a better place for generations to come. If it turns out to be real then whacko we've saved ourselves and made the earth a better place for future generations.

If we deny Climate change is real and take no action, yet it turns out all the experts (Not the ones funded by fossil fuel producers) are rite and climate change is happening then we have surely screwed the pooch. If it's not real and we take no action then we just continue on our current path and who knows.

Let's put that in language anybody at the TAB could understand. Taking no action and remaining in denial is a 50/50 bet at 1:1 odds. Take action, do something about it and pull your head out of the sand and we have a 100% chance of improving our situation and our odds should increase exponentially with each action taken.

Like I said I'm just a chippy and I'm not a gambler but given the choice I know which Horse I'd back.

pointy's picture
pointy's picture
pointy Wednesday, 7 Oct 2015 at 12:11pm
soggydog wrote:

There is only one logical way to approach action on Climate Change. Im a chippy not a scientist but here goes. If we address climate change take action and it turns out that Climate Change is not real all we have done is improve our situation and made the earth a better place for generations to come. If it turns out to be real then whacko we've saved ourselves and made the earth a better place for future generations.

If we deny Climate change is real and take no action, yet it turns out all the experts (Not the ones funded by fossil fuel producers) are rite and climate change is happening then we have surely screwed the pooch. If it's not real and we take no action then we just continue on our current path and who knows.

Let's put that in language anybody at the TAB could understand. Taking no action and remaining in denial is a 50/50 bet at 1:1 odds. Take action, do something about it and pull your head out of the sand and we have a 100% chance of improving our situation and our odds should increase exponentially with each action taken.

Like I said I'm just a chippy and I'm not a gambler but given the choice I know which Horse I'd back.

I've said that myself before and I cannot see that you can put up a logical argument against what you are saying

the only problem is that a lot of the arguments against taking action are not logical and you cannot win an argument with an illogical person.......

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Wednesday, 7 Oct 2015 at 12:28pm

Spot on Soggydog and Pointy, it's a win win situation either way!

Change for the better.

Shatner'sBassoon's picture
Shatner'sBassoon Wednesday, 7 Oct 2015 at 1:24pm

As a former PM once said:

"I think that the science is far from settled but on the insurance principle you are prepared to take

reasonable precautions against significant potential risks, and that’s I think why it makes sense to have

an ETS."

Shatner'sBassoon Wednesday, 7 Oct 2015 at 1:25pm

oh yeah, that was one Tony Abbott (I think he even wrote it down somewhere?!)

Shatner'sBassoon Wednesday, 7 Oct 2015 at 1:30pm

then again he was the 'cognitive dissonance' poster child (a fitting reminder in Mental Health week...remember, be alert not alarmed)

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Wednesday, 7 Oct 2015 at 2:30pm

Here you go Barley,

IOD now positive, reinforcing the current El Nino resulting in the drier, hotter months ahead.

http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/outlooks/#/overview/summary

barley's picture
barley's picture
barley Wednesday, 7 Oct 2015 at 3:47pm

Last month bom told us at a conference we are in for a wetter than average sept and a wetter than ave spring. Wonder what they will say next month?
I lost 50-70grand last week to legume frost..90% of my legume yield was wiped..still spewin about it!

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Wednesday, 7 Oct 2015 at 3:49pm
Craig wrote:

Here you go Barley,

IOD now positive, reinforcing the current El Nino resulting in the drier, hotter months ahead.

http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/outlooks/#/overview/summary

I heard on the radio Vic is most likely to get a long hot summer due to EL Nino.

So i expect this means lots of E to NE winds???…hence good winds for Vic swell magnet beaches and generally banks shape up better with runs of offshore winds coupled with smaller swells.

So I guess El Ninos for us mexicans are a good thing, warm weather and decent beaches.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Wednesday, 7 Oct 2015 at 3:53pm

ID, yeah for sure! Heat waves with NE winds feeding them, but as you said smaller swells.

Lets see how it pans out.

Smurfburger's picture
Smurfburger's picture
Smurfburger Wednesday, 7 Oct 2015 at 4:59pm
barley wrote:

Denial muffburger?or just another sheep

ut ain't jist uh ruvah un efrika mon

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Wednesday, 7 Oct 2015 at 5:19pm

Soggy and Craig I am sure we all want to keep this planet as is. Given that most if not all countries have a RET climate change is not the debate. The key issue(s) is what to do about it.
It may useful to follow the royal commission in SA on energy currently in progress.
The key solutions are by no means clear nor are many in production.
Paris will be interesting on what the world proposes.

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Wednesday, 7 Oct 2015 at 5:37pm

@ SB ..... quality
@TB & Barley .....baahahhhaaaahhhhaa
@ID ..... maybe good for surf but bush fires?
@soggy, pointy & craig ..... too true .... you can't argue with stupid

barley's picture
barley's picture
barley Wednesday, 7 Oct 2015 at 6:12pm

Hey floggy i thought you retired? Or begged the swelly boys to ban you?
You cant stop the climate from changing so what are you really after?
Climate change is populist politics.everyone loves talking about helping mother earth but none of you actually do.politicians included.obama makes a noise to divert attention.
Sure it feels good in a hollow sort of way ..guilt more than anything
South oz built heaps of turbine farms.there was even a day when enough energy was produced to power all of sa for a day..but you know what?i bet everyone still had to buy it for that day..and for some reason it hasnt happened since now why is that? Easy answer wealth distribution.
For all the good news about saving our planet with green energy it goes into government coffers!! And you know why? Because they dont want the bp's or rio's getting bigger and more influential than the governments themselves.So they charge them a carbon tax, create green energy and get to keep it themselves all was well with that plan until iron ore and oil went through the floor.
But none of you really give a fuck.just championing a cause.kind of like a flash mob..this week climate change next week dolphins in bali.what about stopping all car racing?massive petroleum waste...truth is even if you stopped every kind of pollution humans have made the earth would still be on this course..thats what you should be planning for..after all the green push has finished and the earth still warms or changes how you gunna deal with it?

Shatner'sBassoon Wednesday, 7 Oct 2015 at 7:28pm

...and breathe in...

now for your next 'exhalation', comrade

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Wednesday, 7 Oct 2015 at 7:30pm

Yeah, we should just not give a fuck, cause we're all fucked and there's nothing we can do. Great attitude!

happyasS's picture
happyasS's picture
happyasS Wednesday, 7 Oct 2015 at 7:35pm

barely...."after all the green push has finished and the earth still warms or changes how you gunna deal with it?"

I personally wont lose any sleep over it......would you?

barley's picture
barley's picture
barley Wednesday, 7 Oct 2015 at 7:45pm

What are you doing Craig? other than feeling terrified and guilty?Floggy? Shatinher?..the facts are you do nothing.
You are unwilling to sacrifice any part of your lives to benefit mother earth at all.
Ask yourself this..what are you willing to do for a year in order to help the world out? what are you willing to sacrifice to benefit the earth?
Its easy pickings to bang on 'we're all doomed' articles and idealisms but in the end your as selfish as the next bloke..its the modern humans way ..isn't it

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Wednesday, 7 Oct 2015 at 8:09pm

Me personally, can't do much, except try and convince people like you that we need to put pressure on governments to change and invest in renewable energy. The less people against it, the quicker we can progress.

happyasS's picture
happyasS's picture
happyasS Wednesday, 7 Oct 2015 at 8:11pm

"Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything." George Bernard Shaw

soggydog's picture
soggydog's picture
soggydog Wednesday, 7 Oct 2015 at 8:14pm

Ok Barley, I wrote you a reply but I've had heated online debates on here before, I've sworn, cursed, called people out and and called them names and who do you think looked like the biggest dickhead. You guessed it, me. So I deleted it. Firstly I'd like to thank you for taking that heat off me on this thread.

Secondly I've got Kids so I do give a fuck about the legacy I leave behind.

Next I'm currently, with my wife who is an electrician, investigating the Tessla battery to install in our house so that we can produce our own renewable energy. We also ride our pushbikes instead of using our car where practical, we shop at local farmers markets instead of super markets (think transport if you are having a hard time relating that to emmisions and climate change). I've built houses and sheds using recycled timber, windows and doors that I've sourced for clients. I've been to forrestry protests. donated to Sea Sheperd, the Sum of Us, organised rubbish drives through the local mountain bike club, cleaned up campers detritous at beaches..........you called us out, so there it is. What have you done? Besides taking the heat of me as i mentioned above.

It's blokes like you that are as much of the problem as the ones creating the problem. Bag the little guy out for talking about it and trying to do somthing about it.

And as for the modern narcarcisstic human way...hold that torch mate, hold it high so we can all see it..............and avoid you like the plague.

happyasS's picture
happyasS's picture
happyasS Wednesday, 7 Oct 2015 at 9:18pm

and something from Barely's beloved Dr David Evans from whom he is all too happy to accept as truth.

"“Official climate science, which is funded and directed entirely by government, promotes a theory that is based on a guess about moist air that is now a known falsehood. Governments gleefully accept their advice, because the only way to curb emissions are to impose taxes and extend government control over all energy use. And to curb emissions on a world scale might even lead to world government — how exciting for the political class!”"

lol...conspiracy's for the "New World Order". where the Freemasons failed, perhaps the reptiles disguised in white cloaks as climate scientists will instead succeed.

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Thursday, 8 Oct 2015 at 9:23am

Craig and Soggy your response is concerning because if you really care you would have solar by now. Tesla sounds good but research the materials the batteries are made from. You would be now have Water tanks and do not use plastic water bottles and the like.
To ignore the solution(s) ignores the facts. Have a go.

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Thursday, 8 Oct 2015 at 9:33am

@ barley, I actually "do" lots of things and I'll happily list them one day but in some ways I understand the sentiment I think you are expressing, that its all too big a problem, what can I do when government or business act the way they do?. I just all think that we should do something whether its time or money or both on things like solar or landcare without judgement from others. We all can't afford solar panels but maybe we can do little things like refuse plastic bags at the supermarket. For this topic and for most if you want to change the world first change yourself .... and I'm still a work in progress.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Thursday, 8 Oct 2015 at 10:33am

TB, can't just add solar and water tanks to a property when renting...

soggydog's picture
soggydog's picture
soggydog Thursday, 8 Oct 2015 at 11:17am

That's what the tesla would be for TB, a solar system. Just bought the house mate so it is a work in progress. But my sentiment was along the lines of the old " think global act local".
There are also two weapons in everybody's arsenal, your wallet and your vote.
Sure the tesla batteries are lithium so not sure what the environmental issues are with the particular resource.

soggydog's picture
soggydog's picture
soggydog Thursday, 8 Oct 2015 at 11:52am
soggydog wrote:
That's what the tesla would be for TB, a solar system. Just bought the house mate so it is a work in progress. But my sentiment was along the lines of the old " think global act local".
There are also two weapons in everybody's arsenal, your wallet and your vote.
Sure the tesla batteries are lithium so not sure what the environmental issues are with the particular resource.[
We've been on the no plastic one use bottles for about 18 months now and a few of the other things that you mentioned. We aren't hippie wowsers either, we are two tradies who have both worked in the mining industries, so we relise the importance of jobs and the economy, but we do what we can./quote]
barley's picture
barley's picture
barley Thursday, 8 Oct 2015 at 7:51pm

Big decisions coming up in climate talks in Paris..not
Why has the IMF come out and said all first world economies should be implementing a carbon tax?
What has the IMF got to do with climate policy?
Poor old volkswagon got done manipulating their emissioons figures ..are you trying to tell me they are the only ones? sure they have been caught and it is illegal but I know in my business you can chip out an engine to increase torque and horsepower and to do that it just increases emissions..ie burns more fuel
another clmate con..all the time poor mums and dads put in solar then get their tariffs null and void..
can't wait for Obama to come out tuff talking (at least he can't have a ping at Tony) all the while blowing up megatonnes of carbon footprints over ISIS..
You have gotto ask yourself if the climates THAT fucked why aren't they doing anything?

happyasS's picture
happyasS's picture
happyasS Thursday, 8 Oct 2015 at 9:16pm

the IMF's role, that's easy.....because direct action is crap. everyone knows it, including the IMF.

except old mate tony didn't get it. rhode scholar in economics had he ....ECONOMICS ! fuck me.

why the IMF buys into it.........http://www.imf.org/external/np/fad/environ/index.htm

barley's picture
barley's picture
barley Thursday, 8 Oct 2015 at 9:31pm

IMF running climate is hilarious.charging a carbon tax in the biggest mining slump in 20yrs..but theyre not just charging the companies..theyll charge you and me wont they? Fuck we are guilty

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Friday, 9 Oct 2015 at 7:28am

Craig and Soggy, yes there are many scenarios where solar is not a solution. The key point in this is not whether climate change exists but what energy resources can be used to reduce emissions. How much are we prepared to pay, can it be used for base load, spot load, all weather conditions , continuity of apply etc
For Aus coal is essential for obvious reason. In the totality of world emissions we are very small. Way too much emotion in this debate, it seems.

davetherave's picture
davetherave's picture
davetherave Friday, 9 Oct 2015 at 12:02pm

wow, nothing like basing your communication on emotional dysfunction. yes, paris will talk, but who will act? all things in life, including human processes comes down to EFFICIENCY. functionality, adaptability, sustainability-get it right-u thrive- dont care-despair.

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Friday, 9 Oct 2015 at 3:44pm

this forum topic like some many on Swellnet reminds me of The Simpsons ....

Ding dong (Homer answers door to find Selma and Patty)
Selma to Homer " Ah saturated fats"
Homer to Selma (reaching behind him to get a grinder) "Come here Selma and I'll grind some ugliness off your face"
Selma to Homer (recalling backwards) "Ah very funny Homer"
Homer to Selma (trying to reach her) "I'm not being funny I'm serious, now come here".

Whether you tossers accept climate change or not or the fact that coal is a ever diminishing required commodity or that nuclear isn't the answer I don't give a rats. You can continue to barb away on the sidelines against logic, technology or history until the cows come home but you aren't gunna change the direction the world is going.

You ultra conservatives really ought to get used to the idea that your values, ideas and thinking are all yesterday's news. While there will always be greed it and capital will continue to be dragged kicking and screaming to work with the planet and not against it.

See you in the next world and don't be late .....

barley's picture
barley's picture
barley Friday, 9 Oct 2015 at 5:29pm

You wish floggo..unfortunately no one seems to really give a fuck..except a few hypocrites who say heaps of green shit but do fuck all..in flogggys high pitched voice'but they are doing something..renewable energy, ets, ice is melting'..fucking hollow bullshit
Whats happened to the 2degree talk? Thatll be done by 2030..haha 2030..i hope your doin your bit flongo haha pigs arse!

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Friday, 9 Oct 2015 at 5:36pm

I rest my case .... there is no arguing with stupid

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Friday, 9 Oct 2015 at 5:55pm

I've tried to resist....but fuck, Barley did you even read the post by 'floggo'?

Pay close attention to the paragraphs that contain the word 'tossers' and 'ultra conservatives'.

barley's picture
barley's picture
barley Friday, 9 Oct 2015 at 6:27pm

Seems like floggy directed it at me Schtewwy..You can wank on about coal all you want but oil iron ore all use as much energy as coal its just that coal produces electricity. and while coal can be exported can you export solar power or wind power? no
Can you also transfer all those coal plant employees who are currently being made redundant into other vocations? no
So why its k to smash coal production into the abyss there isn't enough opportunity or development in future technologies or job opportunities to re-employ all the people who has-through no sake of their own, or their families been made redundant.
Another reason why its not about climate change but about economy.
To argue renewable energy is where its at is fanciful and a lot of you fools have been conned to the enth degree.
Just on swellnet..what have you guys done to imrove your carbon footprint? running the site off solar? do you even know? what about environmental advertising other than your self written articles? ie solar companies rainwater tank suppliers? all I see is the next surf resort/destination or latest pizza deal.

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Friday, 9 Oct 2015 at 8:19pm

To add to Barley points, I would suggest that many that review the IPCC reports and hence looking for solutions are certainly not conservatives by stroke of your imagination.
You need to spend time / research on solutions.
Renewables are not the solution if you want a production system in the next twenty years.
Follow the royal commission - good reading.

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Friday, 9 Oct 2015 at 8:19pm

To add to Barley points, I would suggest that many that review the IPCC reports and hence looking for solutions are certainly not conservatives by stroke of your imagination.
You need to spend time / research on solutions.
Renewables are not the solution if you want a production system in the next twenty years.
Follow the royal commission - good reading.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Friday, 9 Oct 2015 at 9:05pm

Still the same old same old guys.....all opinion no facts, no research. Climate change wankers, sounds about right!

barley's picture
barley's picture
barley Friday, 9 Oct 2015 at 9:27pm

Ah good old retired Blindcock..typical scientific nerd..all theory no practice.
Fact world still burns coal.
Fact gov's done nothing.
Fact emissions haven't reduced.
Enough of the 'facts'
So why are you hear mate?
Climate scientist are great at telling us what is supposedly fucked but are shithouse at giving us solutions.
Another coal consuming climate science stooge.
Because its not about fixing the environment. Ask Obama or maybe Trump?
Does anyone listen anymore? that's what you gotta ask yourself..look yourself in the mirror.
If t about fixing the environment why allow more mines to open?
Why wait until 2030 to cut emissions?
Because economies are only ready to be sufficiently modified by that stage.
In Port Pirie in SA they had a 10 by 10 goal. which was to get the kids down to 10%lead content by 2010..guess what?
So with your 2dgree goal is it plausible?