Google sat image---is that a BIG shark ?

PCS PeterPan's picture
PCS PeterPan started the topic in Monday, 29 Jan 2018 at 11:01am

Probably a lame post but I was wasting time looking at options for a go out tomorrow and , , , WTF?
Its probably a combination of my imagination and bad eyesight but if anyone has 2 mins can you also ZOOM in on the latest GOOGLE image of "xxxx" at XXXX and give an opinion on what that thing is left of the peak in the corner.
It's FREAKIN me out! , I wanna surf there tomorrow.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Monday, 29 Jan 2018 at 11:44am

I've removed the location name from your post... no point in specifics for this one re: upcoming swell.

Are you referring to the image in the box below? I doubt it's a shark though I wouldn't rule it out. But yeah, this place is popular with the big men in grey suits.

Also, that Google Earth image was from March 2016, so I suspect if there was a shark hanging around then, it's probably moved on now.

eat-your-vegies's picture
eat-your-vegies's picture
eat-your-vegies Monday, 29 Jan 2018 at 5:45pm

Yep . Definitely a pointer.
Looks like the one that always hangs around there. Lol

simba's picture
simba's picture
simba Monday, 29 Jan 2018 at 6:01pm

And being a year on, would now be a foot bigger!

simba's picture
simba's picture
simba Monday, 29 Jan 2018 at 6:05pm

And being a year on, would now be a foot bigger!

Quint's picture
Quint's picture
Quint Tuesday, 30 Jan 2018 at 6:39am

Fret not Mr tight pants sharks are extinct the awful Humans did it!! More chance of being attacked by your favourite donkey after being struck by a coconut! Get out there sharks need to eat after 43 years saving since JAWS!!

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Wednesday, 31 Jan 2018 at 12:11pm

Ironically, lifeguards have closed this beach today due to a shark sighting.

joesydney's picture
joesydney's picture
joesydney Wednesday, 31 Jan 2018 at 1:57pm

Secret spot is out !! Public #SharkReport: NSW - SYDNEY - NORTH STEYNE. 16:56, 30 Jan 18, 0m, Unknown, Beach Closure

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Wednesday, 31 Jan 2018 at 2:22pm

Haha!!

It's not that beach. 

Old mate didn't event stipulate a state either, so... could have been just about anywhere.