Re. Big Wave Project

mezkal's picture
mezkal started the topic in Friday, 1 Dec 2017 at 10:19am

Hi all, a new fella on the block here. I actually don't feel that new as I've been a bit of a voyeur for a while, def a few characters on board(s). Ive been surfing WA for 30+ years so there's always a range of topics I enjoy and can relate to and sounds like some solid contributors ( and a few crazy cats, just to keep it interesting).
The reason I'm making my debut today though is I'm hoping to contact Tim Bonython, as I tried to download Big Wave Project, through the link on Swellnet, the funds were deducted, vimeo reciepts issued but unfortunately I was unable to download the movie. The fault was purely on my end, I think it was a network error and I kept trying all day to no avail. Im just wondering is there any way I can still get a copy of the movie as I've been hanging to check it out.
I have tried to email and phone Tim through the contact details on his website but as yet no luck. No doubt he's busy chasing mega swell somewhere.
Sorry to make first contact on a selfish kinda angle, I will no doubt throw my five cents in from here on in, when the topics inspire. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Hope your all getting a cupla, or are about to, cheers.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Friday, 1 Dec 2017 at 10:31am

Tim's in Portugal at the moment (filming at Nazare), hence why he's been difficult to contact, but I'll touch base with him for you.

mezkal's picture
mezkal's picture
mezkal Friday, 1 Dec 2017 at 11:16am

Thanks Ben, that would be awesome. I've got the receipt and bank statement I can supply if that helps. In this instant digital everything, 3 min edit world we now live in, I havn't purchased a surf movie for years but this one looks well worth it. I would have loved to seen it on the big screen, reminiscent of my grommie days watching tubular swells at the school hall, amazed by the antics of the older locals yelling and hooting to a strange hazy aroma. But alas I couldnt make that, so thanks again for trying.

Tim Bonython's picture
Tim Bonython's picture
Tim Bonython Friday, 1 Dec 2017 at 6:11pm
mezkal wrote:

Hi all, a new fella on the block here. I actually don't feel that new as I've been a bit of a voyeur for a while, def a few characters on board(s). Ive been surfing WA for 30+ years so there's always a range of topics I enjoy and can relate to and sounds like some solid contributors ( and a few crazy cats, just to keep it interesting).
The reason I'm making my debut today though is I'm hoping to contact Tim Bonython, as I tried to download Big Wave Project, through the link on Swellnet, the funds were deducted, vimeo reciepts issued but unfortunately I was unable to download the movie. The fault was purely on my end, I think it was a network error and I kept trying all day to no avail. Im just wondering is there any way I can still get a copy of the movie as I've been hanging to check it out.
I have tried to email and phone Tim through the contact details on his website but as yet no luck. No doubt he's busy chasing mega swell somewhere.
Sorry to make first contact on a selfish kinda angle, I will no doubt throw my five cents in from here on in, when the topics inspire. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Hope your all getting a cupla, or are about to, cheers.

Tim Bonython's picture
Tim Bonython's picture
Tim Bonython Friday, 1 Dec 2017 at 6:13pm

Hi, I just woke up here at Nazare and Ben forwarded me your info re your problem.
Please send Sandrine your info to
[email protected]
And we will get it sorted ASAP.
Sorry mate.

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Saturday, 2 Dec 2017 at 3:45am

The movie was epic Tim well done mate.

mezkal's picture
mezkal's picture
mezkal Saturday, 2 Dec 2017 at 1:15pm

Thanks Tim (and Ben), will give that a shot. Hope ya getting some more sick stuff for the next movie, cheers.