Wave of the Day 23 Jun

thelostclimber's picture
thelostclimber started the topic in Friday, 23 Jun 2017 at 9:25am

You gotta ask, what exactly is that guy waiting for?

There's an empty barrel peeling towards him, there's probably 200 guys further up the line who missed it and he's sitting on his board, looking out to sea waiting for something better.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Friday, 23 Jun 2017 at 1:22pm

Never really considered it. I was more elated by a perfect empty wave breaking on the Goldy points without a string of drop ins, tow ins, or step offs.

Thanks for your discretion, old mate. Whatever caused it.

tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter Friday, 23 Jun 2017 at 3:26pm

Looks like he's enjoying a much needed piss . Sometimes when you've started there is no stopping half way, especially after a big night at the Goldy.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Friday, 23 Jun 2017 at 3:25pm

Maybe this wave was just an average lil' insider? Old mate waiting for the really good ones.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Friday, 23 Jun 2017 at 3:58pm

Tubeshhoter, just as you start to piss that's when you can pretty much guarantee a set will come.

wally's picture
wally's picture
wally Friday, 23 Jun 2017 at 4:28pm

I don't know why he didn't take it. But, when you are fighting a very strong sweep like this week, sometimes, when the great empty wave unexpectedly turns up, you are just too mentally and physically stuffed to take advantage of it.

tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter Friday, 23 Jun 2017 at 5:20pm

And if its a bit cold then sometimes "there's no such bliss as a steamer full of piss",, might explain why the water is a bit warmer up there. He doesn't look mentally or physically stuffed to me , he's quite happy whistling and looking nonchalant, like the bloke treading water next to you in the local "aquatic centre", pretending to catch his breath between laps.