Good wetsuits that don't need repairs every 6 to 12 months

burgsurfer's picture
burgsurfer started the topic in Wednesday, 11 Mar 2015 at 9:18am

What wetsuits would you recommend that are:

- Most importantly strong and well made (the seams don't give way and the rubber doesn't deteriorate)
- Almost just as important, they are flexible

I almost always surf early mornings so tend to get a 5/3 or a 4/3 just to keep me snug and my mind off the winter chill.

burgsurfer's picture
burgsurfer's picture
burgsurfer Wednesday, 11 Mar 2015 at 9:24am

I am posting this as the last $500 ish wetsuit I got wasn't the bomb I had hoped for ;-).

After 6 months the seams on both ankles had ripped (I have small ankles and take my wetsuit off carefully) and the rubber had ripped near the zipper. 6 months later the seems started ripping through the rubber on one knee and throughout the wetsuit the inside lining of the wetsuit is giving in and separating from the rubber...

So I have had the wetsuit for about 20 months now and its falling apart. Other wetsuits I have had have lasted about 5 to 8 years....

Thanks in advance anyone who can advise what to buy and anyone who can advise what not to buy...

donweather's picture
donweather's picture
donweather Wednesday, 11 Mar 2015 at 10:06am

If seams were failing after 6 mths, why didn't you make a warranty claim? And don't most wetsuits these days have life time warranties on the seams?

burgsurfer's picture
burgsurfer's picture
burgsurfer Wednesday, 11 Mar 2015 at 12:37pm
donweather wrote:

If seams were failing after 6 mths, why didn't you make a warranty claim? And don't most wetsuits these days have life time warranties on the seams?

You need the receipt and I didn't have one... the repairs have each been about $40 so not extreme. Point is the thing is falling apart - which in my opinion it shouldn't have been doing after 6 months and now 20 months in its seriously deteriorating.

Not sure re lifetime warranties. Up until this wetsuit turned out not to be the bomb I hoped for all my wetsuits have lasted ages without issue.... this is the first crap one I have had in 30 years of surfing.

maddogmorley's picture
maddogmorley's picture
maddogmorley Wednesday, 11 Mar 2015 at 12:46pm

I had same issue with last years O'Neill Psycho III. Expensive wetty and was coming apart at the rubber strips covering the seams on the chest after only a few months so I sent it back under warranty. Previous years models used to last 3-4 years. Had to wait 3 months for it to come back but instead of repairing it they sent me the 2015 model instead. Had to wait 3 months as the 2015 model not yet in the country. Much better model - no little rubber strip covering up the seams on the chest anymore - looks just to be stitched. One less point of failure.

carpetman's picture
carpetman's picture
carpetman Wednesday, 11 Mar 2015 at 1:42pm

I had an f bomb that started deteriorating after 6 months, 12 months and the inner lining had pulled away from the neoprene. Crap wetsuit. Just started using my old spare instead which has holes but is warmer and stretchier. Currently waiting on one of those needs essential wetsuits to land at my door. Only $200. Will give a quick review when I get it.

burgsurfer's picture
burgsurfer's picture
burgsurfer Wednesday, 11 Mar 2015 at 2:02pm
carpetman wrote:

I had an f bomb that started deteriorating after 6 months, 12 months and the inner lining had pulled away from the neoprene. Crap wetsuit. Just started using my old spare instead which has holes but is warmer and stretchier. Currently waiting on one of those needs essential wetsuits to land at my door. Only $200. Will give a quick review when I get it.

Yeah, I know a few people who have had problems with the bomb wetsuits over the last few years. They just aren't made very well. I cant afford to spend $500 every 12 to 24 months... got 3 kids and stay at home wife at the moment. $200 is more alligned to my budget but I am a bit worried because I have got budget wetsuits in the past and they are just too tight.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Wednesday, 11 Mar 2015 at 2:09pm

Struggled the last 6 years to find good wettys that last. In saying that I surf in them nearly every day, put them straight on the line and they don't get rinsed besides at the shower down the beach.

About 10 or so yeas ago the Rip Curl E Bomb's used to last well, but I think with the stretch material now they just all deteriorate, or I'm expecting too much when used to regularily.

Like the Quik Cypher suits but bought two last year for the price of one so they'd last me at least 2 seasons..

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Wednesday, 11 Mar 2015 at 2:11pm

Needs have changed there sizing this year.......most reviews last year said were that they were to big..as in you wear a large in other brands ..but could a Needs could have been a medium.......
The new sizing chart still seem out a bit to me.
Needs are far from a 'budget' wetsuit--- absolute top quality but at a budget price.

ACB__'s picture
ACB__'s picture
ACB__ Wednesday, 11 Mar 2015 at 2:13pm

Does anyone know where you could potentially get a zipper replaced?

I've had a Tiki wetsuit for about 3 winters. You could put it back on the rack and you wouldn't know its even been used.

Only downfall was when I was doing the zipper up it came off.

I took it to a dry cleaner paid fkn $50 and they said they fixed it. Went to put it on and the zipper came straight off again. they made a sucker out of me.

I was thinking maybe a Tent shop? They must replace zippers on tents occasionally?

Any thoughts?

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Wednesday, 11 Mar 2015 at 2:19pm

Piece of piss to do yourself, the part is about $3 max,just did one on a boardbag...google around .
Crusst whats the best brand zipper part to buy ?

carpetman's picture
carpetman's picture
carpetman Wednesday, 11 Mar 2015 at 2:21pm
udo wrote:

Needs have changed there sizing this year.......most reviews last year said were that they were to big..as in you wear a large in other brands ..but could a Needs could have been a medium.......
The new sizing chart still seem out a bit to me.
Needs are far from a 'budget' wetsuit--- absolute top quality but at a budget price.

Agreed, although I haven't used one in the water, I have tried one on and the neoprene felt top quality. Lighter & stretchier than the rip curl suits I've had over the years. Even if it only last 6-12 months I'm still $400 ahead of any other similar wetsuit.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Wednesday, 11 Mar 2015 at 2:30pm

I still cant get the gist of the 'no warranty' with Needs ?

carpetman's picture
carpetman's picture
carpetman Wednesday, 11 Mar 2015 at 2:33pm

Yeah, I'm not sure thats actually legal but have emailed him plenty and would be very surprised if he refused to help out with a legitimately defective product. He has been amazingly helpful with me after I ordered the wrong size.

seaman-staines's picture
seaman-staines's picture
seaman-staines Wednesday, 11 Mar 2015 at 3:24pm

I had never heard of Need before today but cheers for the heads up boys, I know where my next wetsuit is coming from, in saying that I bought a nice Peak steamer last year off Surf Stitch for $160.00 and a West vest for $30.00, the key is looking out of season but still you are lucky to get more than a season out of them.

surfstarved's picture
surfstarved's picture
surfstarved Wednesday, 11 Mar 2015 at 3:40pm

I've had a few wetsuits and all bar one have lasted me over 5 years. The exception was a Quiksilver springy that I got back when they first entered the wetsuit market.

My current wetty was my first foray into buying internationally - a 5/3 O'Neill steamer that I had imported from the UK for about 1/3 of the Australian price. It's still going strong after two southern winters, but that's in part because I don't get into the water nearly as often as I'd like to.

Tut-tut Craig for not rinsing. You might as well piss your money up against the wall. Even surfing every day, you'll get at least a couple of winters out of a suit if you take care of it properly ("Fuck off mum" I hear you muttering).

Does anyone have a web address for Need wetsuits? I tried Googling them but all I got was a whole lot of nothing...

chook's picture
chook's picture
chook Wednesday, 11 Mar 2015 at 3:48pm
Craig wrote:

Struggled the last 6 years to find good wettys that last. In saying that I surf in them nearly every day, put them straight on the line and they don't get rinsed besides at the shower down the beach.

About 10 or so yeas ago the Rip Curl E Bomb's used to last well, but I think with the stretch material now they just all deteriorate, or I'm expecting too much when used to regularily.

yep, that's how it works. don't rinse your wetty properly, then hang it in the sun, it'll deteriorate all right.

whoever was asking about zippers -- YKK

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Wednesday, 11 Mar 2015 at 3:52pm

Surf Starved, yeah always in a rush back from the waves on the way into work, chuck it on the line and it sits there to the next day, so yeah partly my fault..

seaman-staines's picture
seaman-staines's picture
seaman-staines Wednesday, 11 Mar 2015 at 4:08pm
surfstarved wrote:

I've had a few wetsuits and all bar one have lasted me over 5 years. The exception was a Quiksilver springy that I got back when they first entered the wetsuit market.

My current wetty was my first foray into buying internationally - a 5/3 O'Neill steamer that I had imported from the UK for about 1/3 of the Australian price. It's still going strong after two southern winters, but that's in part because I don't get into the water nearly as often as I'd like to.

Tut-tut Craig for not rinsing. You might as well piss your money up against the wall. Even surfing every day, you'll get at least a couple of winters out of a suit if you take care of it properly ("Fuck off mum" I hear you muttering).

Does anyone have a web address for Need wetsuits? I tried Googling them but all I got was a whole lot of nothing...

http://www.needessentials.com/

ACB__'s picture
ACB__'s picture
ACB__ Wednesday, 11 Mar 2015 at 4:21pm
udo wrote:

Piece of piss to do yourself, the part is about $3 max,just did one on a boardbag...google around .

Just ordered one of these. $20 from the states...

https://www.fixnzip.com/ Got a large size... will report on how it goes...

burgsurfer's picture
burgsurfer's picture
burgsurfer Wednesday, 11 Mar 2015 at 4:25pm

I think I needs t get me one of em Needs ;-)

Or import from the UK. No ways i can tell me misses I am spending $500 on a wetsuit.

burgsurfer's picture
burgsurfer's picture
burgsurfer Wednesday, 11 Mar 2015 at 4:27pm
surfstarved wrote:

Who was the UK seller please? You got a website?

thelostclimber's picture
thelostclimber's picture
thelostclimber Wednesday, 11 Mar 2015 at 7:54pm

I am the importer and distributor of Derevko wetsuits -google it. So blatant plug at the risk of being deleted by Swellnet admin.

Here are my comments on some points raised above -

Seam seals - very hard to get the gluing right. But at least after this discussion I know its not just us that have had problems. We will get this fixed no problem under warranty. Process takes less than 2 weeks including postal time.
We have actually found the solution now, but Im not giving trade secrets out.

Materials - superstretch is a trade off for durability. You just cant have both.

Cost - with myself and others there is just no need to pay over $500 for a decent 3:2 or 4:3 wetsuit these days. Now that the AUS$ has dropped below US80c ordering from overseas is not as cost effective as 2 years ago, but there are plenty of reasonably priced, locally sold wetsuits out there, especially with online only sales like myself.
However, if I was still surfing in Tasmania I would probably pay $500+ for a good 5/4. There is only so much you can do for $200.

Repairs - send to Lesley at Aquasea Underwater Products in Caringbah, NSW. She is who I use and is very good. In fact the repairs are often better than the original work.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Wednesday, 11 Mar 2015 at 8:27pm

thelostclimber wrote:

Repairs - send to Lesley at Aquasea Underwater Products in Caringbah, NSW. She is who I use and is very good. In fact the repairs are often better than the original work.

Thanks for the heads up. And don't worry about deletion TLC; long time poster, all in context etc etc.

crustt's picture
crustt's picture
crustt Wednesday, 11 Mar 2015 at 8:32pm
ACB__ wrote:
udo wrote:

Just ordered one of these. $20 from the states...

https://www.fixnzip.com/ Got a large size... will report on how it goes...

Hi , doubt those fix zip things are going to do the job, metal will probably corrode real quick in a wettie and a slider is either for a coil or a chunky zip, chunky zips being the one in wetties.

I use plastic YKK chunky sliders have not had one fail me in 10 years, used a batch of a different brand once, lost a lot of money on return postage.
Pretty easy to replace a slider, takes a minute with only the slider little longer if you take the top 2 teeth off and put the new slider in then put s/s ring top stops over the 2 top teeth total cost about 2-3$

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Wednesday, 11 Mar 2015 at 8:54pm

ACB...better cancel that fixnzip order and use your $20 for postage to Crusst for the repair.

nochaser's picture
nochaser's picture
nochaser Wednesday, 11 Mar 2015 at 9:10pm

+1 for Need just ordered 3/2, last 2 wetsuits bought O/S, have to support a start up run by surfers. Not ripping surfers off. Warranty required by law, just ask Apple!

fraser-gordon's picture
fraser-gordon's picture
fraser-gordon Wednesday, 11 Mar 2015 at 9:30pm

Just had a custom wetsuit from Japan delivered today Crazy comfortable will be interested in it's durability.

surfstarved's picture
surfstarved's picture
surfstarved Wednesday, 11 Mar 2015 at 10:17pm
burgsurfer wrote:
surfstarved wrote:

Who was the UK seller please? You got a website?

Was a long time ago burgsurfer, so don't really remember. Could have been Boardshop - http://www.boardshop.co.uk/ - or SecretSpot - http://www.secretspot.co.uk/
Google was my friend...

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Wednesday, 11 Mar 2015 at 10:23pm
burgsurfer wrote:

- Most importantly strong and well made (the seams don't give way and the rubber doesn't deteriorate)

I almost always surf early mornings so tend to get a 5/3 or a 4/3 just to keep me snug and my mind off the winter chill.

A 5/4 !!! Don't you live on the coal coast ? You'd fucking cook.

surfstarved's picture
surfstarved's picture
surfstarved Wednesday, 11 Mar 2015 at 10:23pm

Mind you, having just checked out the Need site, I think it might be my first and last foray on the international wetsuit market. If I can get a locally-made, unbranded, functional 4:3 steamer for just $200 I'm going to do it.

They're playing my song...

nochaser's picture
nochaser's picture
nochaser Wednesday, 11 Mar 2015 at 10:23pm

Cost Fraser-Gordon?

scotty123456's picture
scotty123456's picture
scotty123456 Wednesday, 11 Mar 2015 at 10:47pm

Surfstarved is right. Still a few sites OS that will ship wetties to Aus at very reasonable prices at no freight cost.

I find that the suits with no seam stitching are absolutely the most flexible; but always end up pulling apart at those same seams before any issues with other parts of the suit arise. Really seems as if the glue holding the materials together isn't up to the task as yet.

A decent compromise seems to be - get one of the suits with 'super stretchy' materials, which also has blind stitched and glued seams before any 'liquid' taping is applied. I get one good winter season out of the non-seam stitched suits but generally three from others with blind stitched seams.

The Pyrotech model from O'neill gets decent reviews and I am considering one for this winter season.

http://www.swiminn.com/swimming/o-neill-wetsuits-pyrotech-5-4-mm-black-d...

http://www.wetsuitcentre.co.uk/oneill-pyrotech-fz-54-mens-winter-wetsuit...

Hearing some good things about the C-Skins wetsuits also re durability. Sounds like the neoprene isn't quite as flexible as some other brands - still very good - and this helps longevity. UK based company but given the features of the wetsuits you would suspect they are made in same / similar factories to the 'big name' brands.

some of their mid-price wetsuits look like they would more than handle an Aus winter. The top end stuff looks super warm...

http://www.wetsuitcentre.co.uk/c-skins-wired-mens-53mm-autumnwinter-wets...

Not sure if the sites above will ship to Aus though.

toneranger's picture
toneranger's picture
toneranger Wednesday, 11 Mar 2015 at 11:14pm

could it be also with all the the new technology in stretch neoprene and the smaller entry points the bloody things take twice as longer to remove,therefore involving a lot more needless stretching of the seams.i've got last seasons o'neill psycho 3 and i swear it takes way longer to put it on and take it off than the old model.it is way warmer though and no wash throughs

crustt's picture
crustt's picture
crustt Thursday, 12 Mar 2015 at 6:48am
surfstarved wrote:

Mind you, having just checked out the Need site, I think it might be my first and last foray on the international wetsuit market. If I can get a locally-made, unbranded, functional 4:3 steamer for just $200 I'm going to do it.

Surfstarved, unless you live in Asia these aren't locally made.

burgsurfer's picture
burgsurfer's picture
burgsurfer Thursday, 12 Mar 2015 at 7:29am
Blowin wrote:
burgsurfer wrote:

A 5/4 !!! Don't you live on the coal coast ? You'd fucking cook.

Yeah, I am a bit of a wuss in the cold and typically surf the first couple of hours in the morning before my wife and kids are up... It does get too toasty at the end of winter when the water is still cold but the mornings are warm.

burgsurfer's picture
burgsurfer's picture
burgsurfer Thursday, 12 Mar 2015 at 7:35am
scotty123456 wrote:

Surfstarved is right. Still a few sites OS that will ship wetties to Aus at very reasonable prices at no freight cost.

I find that the suits with no seam stitching are absolutely the most flexible; but always end up pulling apart at those same seams before any issues with other parts of the suit arise. Really seems as if the glue holding the materials together isn't up to the task as yet.

A decent compromise seems to be - get one of the suits with 'super stretchy' materials, which also has blind stitched and glued seams before any 'liquid' taping is applied. I get one good winter season out of the non-seam stitched suits but generally three from others with blind stitched seams.

The Pyrotech model from O'neill gets decent reviews and I am considering one for this winter season.

http://www.swiminn.com/swimming/o-neill-wetsuits-pyrotech-5-4-mm-black-d...

http://www.wetsuitcentre.co.uk/oneill-pyrotech-fz-54-mens-winter-wetsuit...

Hearing some good things about the C-Skins wetsuits also re durability. Sounds like the neoprene isn't quite as flexible as some other brands - still very good - and this helps longevity. UK based company but given the features of the wetsuits you would suspect they are made in same / similar factories to the 'big name' brands.

some of their mid-price wetsuits look like they would more than handle an Aus winter. The top end stuff looks super warm...

http://www.wetsuitcentre.co.uk/c-skins-wired-mens-53mm-autumnwinter-wets...

Not sure if the sites above will ship to Aus though.

Thanks, very useful... One season for a wetsuit just ain't right... Will look into these.

roger-ramjet's picture
roger-ramjet's picture
roger-ramjet Thursday, 12 Mar 2015 at 7:41am

I have had my need 3/2 for 6 months now and no dramas at all. Just ordering some 4/3 s for me and a few boys today. They are definately good value. Made overseas for sure but designed by Ryan and he's good with getting sizes right with exchanging etc.
I've been still in my 3/2 while mates are in 4/3 lately so they are definately warm enough.

gilbert's picture
gilbert's picture
gilbert Thursday, 12 Mar 2015 at 11:21am

What is everyone's recommendation for a 5/3?
I'm in Tasmania, thinking about winter already.
In the past have heard people get them from the UK - are there any Aus places which sell these?
What about other brands (i.e. not rip curl, oneill, west, billabong)?

Derevko and Need don't make anything thicker than 4/3 which is a bummer as I'd like to try them.
Might be able to get away with 4mm but 5mm would be best!

surfstarved's picture
surfstarved's picture
surfstarved Thursday, 12 Mar 2015 at 12:55pm
crustt wrote:
surfstarved wrote:

Surfstarved, unless you live in Asia these aren't locally made.

Despite the growing foreign ownership of agricultural land in the Adelaide Hills (unsubstantiated hyperbole), I'm still a fair way from Asia...

Perhaps I should have said 'locally-sold' crusst? Manufacturing aside, at least I'd be supporting a smalltime Australian enterprise, rather than an evil, faceless multinational.

crustt's picture
crustt's picture
crustt Thursday, 12 Mar 2015 at 3:06pm

Sorry mate, just thought you may have been under the the impression that they were Aussie made, a credit to the need website it hasn't rolled out the standard "Australian owned company".

surfstarved's picture
surfstarved's picture
surfstarved Thursday, 12 Mar 2015 at 8:01pm

Nah, nobody in their right mind is going to delude themselves that they can make a go of manufacturing a non-perishable product in Australia these days. Just a slip of the fingers.

surfstarved's picture
surfstarved's picture
surfstarved Thursday, 12 Mar 2015 at 8:02pm

Irony alert, btw, not deliberately being a cunt (well, not too much of one, anyway).

scotty123456's picture
scotty123456's picture
scotty123456 Thursday, 12 Mar 2015 at 9:06pm

Gilbert, have a look at the 5/4/3 Hot Wired by C-Skins. They carry them in Byron (I think) or you could ship one from the UK. That's if you don't want a 5/3 from the other brands you mentioned.

The local surf stores in Tas do carry 5/3mm wetties, but generally the Xcel, Rip Curl, Patagonia, Oneill and Billabong brands only.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Thursday, 12 Mar 2015 at 10:37pm

I get my wetties from the UK shipped to Japan. I look for the sales and usually buy last seasons suits and save heaps. Last suit I bought was a Billabong SG5 (5mm) chest zip. 28,000yen delivered (about $290AUD). Really nice, comfortable suit and super warm if a bit weighty though. The company I go through is called Freakfish. Really good service, heaps of suits to choose from and delivered to the door within about 10 days. I've bought a couple from them now.

You might have a problem getting Oz brand suits into Australia though. You might have to look at one of those freight forwarding companies.

Also, got a mate to pick up a new O'Neill Psycho III in the US. He bought retail and got it for about $400USD. I think I'll go back to online.

Craig mentioned Quikky Cypher suits. I had a 3/2 that finally died last season after 4 years. Really stretchy and hard wearing. Recommended.

bish's picture
bish's picture
bish Thursday, 12 Mar 2015 at 11:31pm

I'm in Tassie and I've been using Isurus wetsuits for a couple of years. Little Californian company that's doing high quality gear. I recommend that you consider both the quality of the construction and the type of neoprene used. Isurus make a big point about the difference between open cell and closed cell neoprenes, they use closed cell Yamamoto neoprene (all made from limestone, so no petrochemicals!). The majority of the major manufacturers use open cell neoprenes I believe. Open cells have two major downsides; 1. they allow the long term build up of tiny salt crystals deep within the neoprene structure (yes even with regular fresh water rinsing), which with normal movement, then abrade, which causes the cell structure to deteriorate. 2. over the period of the surf session, water penetrates deep within the cell structure, which in turn reduces the insulating value of the neoprene and adds weight to the suit. I have an I-EVADE 434 suit with integrated hood, it's been good for Tassie winters and still looking solid after two years solid use, and I handle my suits fairly roughly (I do always rinse in fresh water after a session though). I also have a 3/2 that I've just used for this summer, I'm very happy with that one too. Have a look at this page http://www.surfisurus.com/material/ Note that they do a comparison chart showing the wet (saturated) weight of their suit compared to other brands which is interesting. Because of the closed cell neoprene, they absorb very little water (and stay lightweight).

crustt's picture
crustt's picture
crustt Friday, 13 Mar 2015 at 5:55am
surfstarved wrote:

Nah, nobody in their right mind is going to delude themselves that they can make a go of manufacturing a non-perishable product in Australia these days. Just a slip of the fingers.

Irony alert, btw, not deliberately being a cunt (well, not too much of one, anyway).

HaHa, you don't have to tell me mate. It is quite a struggle, If it's a good wage you want, but I'll never be able to call myself surfstarved.;-)

surfstarved's picture
surfstarved's picture
surfstarved Friday, 13 Mar 2015 at 10:14pm

Touche.

cycd's picture
cycd's picture
cycd Saturday, 14 Mar 2015 at 10:27am

Matuse have good deals with sometimes free shipping(look at vintage section which is previous years lines) my two have held up well. I also have a Patagonia short arm which is pretty much my favourite suit, I have heard people say that they're not comfortable but I don't agree and love mine. I think they would have to be the best built suits I have seen and can last for 3 solid years and I wear mine most of the year in margraret river and up in the north west so it cops a beating

uncle_leroy's picture
uncle_leroy's picture
uncle_leroy Saturday, 14 Mar 2015 at 11:58am
bish wrote:

I'm in Tassie and I've been using Isurus wetsuits for a couple of years. Little Californian company that's doing high quality gear. I recommend that you consider both the quality of the construction and the type of neoprene used. Isurus make a big point about the difference between open cell and closed cell neoprenes, they use closed cell Yamamoto neoprene (all made from limestone, so no petrochemicals!). The majority of the major manufacturers use open cell neoprenes I believe. Open cells have two major downsides; 1. they allow the long term build up of tiny salt crystals deep within the neoprene structure (yes even with regular fresh water rinsing), which with normal movement, then abrade, which causes the cell structure to deteriorate. 2. over the period of the surf session, water penetrates deep within the cell structure, which in turn reduces the insulating value of the neoprene and adds weight to the suit. I have an I-EVADE 434 suit with integrated hood, it's been good for Tassie winters and still looking solid after two years solid use, and I handle my suits fairly roughly (I do always rinse in fresh water after a session though). I also have a 3/2 that I've just used for this summer, I'm very happy with that one too. Have a look at this page http://www.surfisurus.com/material/ Note that they do a comparison chart showing the wet (saturated) weight of their suit compared to other brands which is interesting. Because of the closed cell neoprene, they absorb very little water (and stay lightweight).

Do the slide on nice and easy ?
I always thought open cells was warmer than closed cell, thats spearfing suits but your in the water all the time so weight is not an issue
cheers

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Wednesday, 18 Mar 2015 at 9:17am

Whaaat, whats your legal view of Need wetties re the no warranty ?