Best of 2014

Blowin's picture
Blowin started the topic in Thursday, 18 Dec 2014 at 8:05pm

Did you surf Shippies when you were there Craig ?

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Sunday, 28 Dec 2014 at 9:35am

Nah he didn't. But he did score some good waves at some out-of-the-way locations though (he's on the road yet again right now too!).

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 28 Dec 2014 at 9:53am

Which region ....might I ask ?

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Sunday, 28 Dec 2014 at 9:58am

Mainland East Coast (perhaps he'll jump in with a hashtag or two in the next few days).

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 28 Dec 2014 at 10:34am

I hope he's not camping on the North coast of NSW at the moment.

mitchvg's picture
mitchvg's picture
mitchvg Sunday, 28 Dec 2014 at 1:10pm

Is King Island basically just a gourmet holiday? I mean, you can't just go there on a ferry and camp

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Sunday, 28 Dec 2014 at 2:43pm

Pretty Cheesy.

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Sunday, 28 Dec 2014 at 5:27pm

hey welly, been back to the temple over christmas so here's one for you .....

"Birds that live on a golden mountain reflect the colour of the gold" ... its a Tibetan proverb

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Sunday, 28 Dec 2014 at 6:36pm

Nice one Floyd, where did you visit, overseas or in Aus..?

Heres a little piece ;)

"Model-dependent realism applies not only to scientific models but also to the conscious and sub-conscious mental models we all create in order to interpret and understand the everyday world. There is no way to remove the observer - us - from our perception of the world, which is created through our sensory processing and through the way we think and reason. Our perception - and hence the observations upon which our theories are based - is not direct, but rather is shaped by a kind of lens, the interpretive structure of our human brains"

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Sunday, 28 Dec 2014 at 8:47pm

Delving deep here Welly. Where did you get that from? There are volumes of information on this topic and on so many levels and tangents. A life time of work. Yet it has been shown that the brain isn't fixed as it can be rewired in many ways.

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Sunday, 28 Dec 2014 at 9:05pm

Mitch
It's known for meat and cheese , and less so Cray's and seaweed .
Surfing barely rates a mention . There maybe a cargo ferry / barge / ship from Tas .
But it wouldn't be regular .
Small planes ..!

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Sunday, 28 Dec 2014 at 9:34pm
floyd wrote:

Delving deep here Welly. Where did you get that from? There are volumes of information on this topic and on so many levels and tangents. A life time of work. Yet it has been shown that the brain isn't fixed as it can be rewired in many ways.

A very interesting subject indeed.
From the brain in a wheelchair;)

mitchvg's picture
mitchvg's picture
mitchvg Sunday, 28 Dec 2014 at 11:32pm
uplift wrote:

The gates is the best,

Must be a new years resolution to mend old wounds...? I think I know where you live now Southey. Heading across for protection from the front(s) this week anyway...

davetherave's picture
davetherave's picture
davetherave Monday, 29 Dec 2014 at 2:14am

stephen hawkings is fundamentally limited in many many areas.
yes the brain is rewiring even as you read this, its ability to transmit will be affected/ impacted by your emotional charge to the words and the significance u place on them. Let no one b your guru/ expert except that one that u r. Nothing Matters, except what meaning u give it, internal/external, nothing matters except whether YOU DECIDE To have it as a molehill or a mountain.
Old Coolamon/Coolangatta Proverb, he who is so slow to feet, will go over the falls.