Turnbull rolls over "again" to the ultra right

floyd's picture
floyd started the topic in Monday, 10 Feb 2014 at 7:21pm

No-one got anything to say about the loss of the car industry under a government and high viz Tony that promised to create 1,000,000 jobs?

Slumber away ........

braudulio's picture
braudulio's picture
braudulio Wednesday, 18 Mar 2015 at 3:02pm

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/i-was-never-worrie...

Yeah well Admiral I never worried about my super when I was in kindy either!

As someone on another comments section said, you couldn't make this shit up!

davetherave's picture
davetherave's picture
davetherave Thursday, 19 Mar 2015 at 8:27am

see it all comes back to the money system. Theybelievethey dont have enough so they come up with complex mathematical and economic modesl to demonstrate their finanacial control of the country. If every ausssie went into a bank and withdrew their money, there would not be enough to pay everyone, as if everyone in the world did the same.
What we are actually living in is a fictional potrayal of outdated economic models that they refuse to admit it is not working and they believe economic growth will fix it. BUt their understanding of economic growth stilll means 10 to 20% of the population hold onto the worlds wealth. Its insanity in it;s highest form and yet most of us subscribe to it because of our possession obsession. BUt it is the way it is, and all the world's a stage and we are all actors in it. Lets hope we get some better scriptwriters soon!

Fishlegs's picture
Fishlegs's picture
Fishlegs Thursday, 19 Mar 2015 at 11:58pm

Just got home and flicked on to the ABC, haha, TAbott has done it again, now it's the feral Senate and the Nazi opposition leader! can't forget the violent response to removing the FN Ppl's (First Nation People's) from their homeland due to economic rationalization. Takes them (LNP) a year to try to get their/his first budget through and now they are coming up to May and have to stitch together their next budget, ffwwaa. No time to run the country that I can see, just chase their tail to keep up with trying to gloss over the shit fight their in.

Oh shit, this was supposed to be a short sweet comment and straight to the point.

A continuum of broken promises, offend the Indo's,offend the independent's, offend the senate, offend his own party members, offend the FN Ppl's, offend the Jewish, offend the Muslim's but mostly OFFEND the Australian electorate as a whole.

I F%^'en hope Labor steers away from this direction and put's their head down to do the heavy lifting. Have a close well researched look at the projection of what the IGR has outlined, stand up and deliver their policies. If one or two of their plans come adrift due to global economic or other change, tell us the bad news in words we can understand, DON'T TAKE US FOR FUCKING IDIOT'S and dance around the obvious. We can sniff the fear in ya when it come's to YOU protecting your personal political career future.

I wanna get off this thread! so I'm hoping some rationale will come back to Oz Politic................

Wishful thinking, maybe.............where there's life there is hope.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Friday, 20 Mar 2015 at 12:29am

A continuum of broken promises, offend the Indo's,offend the independent's, offend the senate, offend his own party members, offend the FN Ppl's, offend the Jewish, offend the Muslim's but mostly OFFEND the Australian electorate as a whole.

Thats quite a list there fishlegs, I thought Howard was pissing everyone off back in the day, but to his credit he did seem to get shit done, not my kind of shit, but shit nonetheless. Abbott is pissing everyone off and getting nothing done. The libs really thought they could just waltz in with Howards model and everything would turn to gold. They didnt realise Howard rode the boom, now is a different game, not to mention decade/s.

Like you I hope Labor can capitalise on Abbotts misfortune, however they still seem to be in denial about what is actually happening. Spruiking their wares of negotiating the GFC, well its not that hard to spend lots of money to boost the economy, its hard to spend it well, in a sustainable manner, pretty sure they failed there. Thats why everyone is paying for those cheques that came in the mail. Did people really think that was free money? Sure seemed that way at the time. If Labor can tell us the truth with minimal sugar coating and actually present a half reasonable sustainable plan, the job is theirs for the taking, but I suspect there will be more bullshit and denial. No one tells the truth anymore, its too negative.

And I think this is the main problem with modern politics, you cannot show any glimpse of truth or real personality anymore, if you do the media cycle chews you up, though clowns like palmer, and the inexperienced like Lambe seem to get away with it. Its the big parties that are lost in the woods trying too hard not to step in poo, poo is part of the game, avoiding it and cleaning it up, just tell us the truth. But they cannot because they get eaten up. Take Hockey and his cigar episode, I dont like hockey or cigars, but if the leaders of the country cannot enjoy a cigar at the end of a hard day without being judge there is something wrong with your society. Politicians smoke and drink and whatever else as well...But it seems only those purer than falling snow get a gig. I dont give a shit if Hawke was an alcoholic, shit I'll even take that canadian meth head over the holier than thou show pony christian wannabees we seem to have at the moment. I dont give a fuck about your private life if you can contribute something to the country. But the nanny state keeps putting up nanny types that have no idea, no ideas, and no appeal or relation to average Australians.

Daverave wrote
MOthers placing more importance on economic survival than being with their children. Women more concerned with pop culture than undertaking skills that will help us all, and of course, the status factor and possession obsession is the main priority.

Yep Davoravo what happened to that eighties feminism that painted women as the nurturing saviours of modern society? The enlightened balanced earth mothers to take us away from all that scary masculine behaviour like environmental vanadalism, competition and war. They sold their soles for a hyundai getz, botox and a boob job. The pop culture thing is quite alarming, I try to avoid commercial tv news but its good to see what the plebs are being fed. You can have 10 minute segments devoted to kylies shorts, beyonce's bum or the latest wisdom from a kardashian, seriously that is news?? there is a time and place for that crap!! And oh the possession obsession, what the fuck, I have a new relatively earthly down to earth girlfriend, the crap she buys and already has is quite confronting, they cannot help themselves they are like a purchasing robot in any shopping situation. Then there is the kitchen upgrades, new fridges, dishwashers etc. constant purchasing. Fuck this new feminism, I like looking at miley cyrus with no pants on too, but I reallty dont think she is that empowering to women, hardly a good example for your daughter.

But hey apparently its all cool now because all of a sudden chicks like to look, and chicks like to be looked at, well I like to look too, but I still prefer if miley has pants on in public, out of respect for her and impressionable young females, it seems that respect is outdated.

Johno210's picture
Johno210's picture
Johno210 Friday, 20 Mar 2015 at 9:10am

Very elegantly put sypkan
Amen !

Have a read of Laura Tingle latest view of the Abbott fiasco
http://www.afr.com/opinion/columnists/laura-tingle/being-governed-by-foo...

Cheers Johno

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Friday, 20 Mar 2015 at 9:48am

Here's the problem.... Both sides currently suck.... It's just that the libs suck harder..... Apart from knifing two sitting Pm's, what exactly does Bill shorten stand for? A useless metadata law? Real crims and terrorists will get around that (dark web - burner phones - heck even snail mail and landlines).... Absolute waste of money, and invasion of privacy.... What else does he stand for? Coal seam gas? War in the middle east? Negative gearing? The answers are yes, yes, and yes......
So when push comes to shove next year, Shorten would wanna lift his game.... Because if the coalition does reboot with a Turnbull PM Morrison treasurer combo, he may find it no cake walk.....

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Friday, 20 Mar 2015 at 10:00am

Just heard Malcolm Fraser died... R.I.P.... Was a good old bloke.... Changed his way of thinking....

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Friday, 20 Mar 2015 at 10:25am

Interesting read there Johno, especially the point at the end, it seems Labor don't really want any part of it. the problems are huge and getting bigger, and Labor are yet no acknowledge the problems, they don't have any answers. Turnball's the only one who can save us now (except you and Faulkner of course!!).

Despite what a heap of commenters say on here services have to be wound back, or we are fucked.

Sad to hear about Fraser too, he was one conservative talking lots of sense

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Friday, 20 Mar 2015 at 10:30am

Fraser may have changed HIS way but when he was in power, he failed to really do much for Aus. Yes, he changed and became more 'liberal' but I would say too late.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Friday, 20 Mar 2015 at 10:33am

"Services" don't have to be wound back..... However middle class welfare does.....No more baby bonus... No more first home owners grants.... And millionaires using their super as a bermuda account so they can get the pension also must be looked at.... And no more free trade deals with countries that pay slaves a dollar a day..... We can't compete, and therefore our manufacturing and agricultural sectors are dying.... Anyway, I'm off to jump in my made in china piece of shit car and but some imported berries......

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Friday, 20 Mar 2015 at 10:40am

I agree Sheepdog, services was a lazy way to put it, but I reckon blowin's Spanish cultural society can go as well!!

Careful in that car, they are not built that well ya know!
And careful with the berries, probably less risk putting white powder up ya nose

Johno210's picture
Johno210's picture
Johno210 Friday, 20 Mar 2015 at 10:50am

sypkan we need a good leader more than ever be it Malcolm or Bill. Someone has to put a narrative together, move fwd & stick to the fucking plan. That is what Laura is essentially saying.

PS - If I was Bill Shorten I would be having regular conversation with Paul Keating.
R.I.P Malcolm Fraser, you were a tenacious attack dog in your day but matured into a well respected & much loved past PM.

Cheers Johno

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Friday, 20 Mar 2015 at 10:59am
sypkan wrote:

I agree Sheepdog, services was a lazy way to put it, but I reckon blowin's Spanish cultural society can go as well!!

Careful in that car, they are not built that well ya know!
And careful with the berries, probably less risk putting white powder up ya nose

IKR..... I actually own an aussie car lol..... Was being totally sarcastic... lol

Fishlegs's picture
Fishlegs's picture
Fishlegs Friday, 20 Mar 2015 at 10:50pm

Rest in Peace PM John Malcolm Fraser, commiserations to your family and close friends. You represented my views on subjects that still mean the most to me.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 21 Mar 2015 at 12:04am

PS - If I was Bill Shorten I would be having regular conversation with Paul Keating.

Me too!! why the hell is he not? or is he just not listening? I think Shorten is just a bit useless really, he just appears to stand for nothing, as sheepdogs little list points out, so many opportunities to define himself but just more nothingness. Couldn't Labor wheel out Keating for another run? they need something, something uniting and defining, because its not just bill, its the party of nothingness.

Interesting hearing all these tributes to Fraser, I think he achieved a lot. A lot of important social stuff. An area that is not the libs domain, amazing he pleased enough people to keep getting voted in, especially when you consider the miserable attitudes of many contemporary liberal supporters. Floyd has been banging on about this for a while, how in the past being a conservative didn't necessarily equate to being a miserable person. Howard started the neocon thing and Abbott has run with it, all the way to the tea party. Its amazing the liberals have him as leader, he is very one dimensional, and seriously unpalatable.

Its almost like no one wants to lead either party, no one any good anyway (except turnball). leadership has become a poison chalice, a position filled by everyone taking a step back, leaving the village idiot volunteered. I used to think leaders didn't matter as it is all about what a party stand for, but recent Aussie politics has shown good leadership is critical,lets hope its still possible in the modern context.

Fishlegs's picture
Fishlegs's picture
Fishlegs Saturday, 21 Mar 2015 at 12:56am
sypkan wrote:

Thats quite a list there fishlegs, I thought Howard was pissing everyone off back in the day, but to his credit he did seem to get shit done, not my kind of shit, but shit nonetheless. Abbott is pissing everyone off and getting nothing done. The libs really thought they could just waltz in with Howards model and everything would turn to gold. They didnt realise Howard rode the boom, now is a different game, not to mention decade/s.

Like you I hope Labor can capitalise on Abbotts misfortune, however they still seem to be in denial about what is actually happening. Spruiking their wares of negotiating the GFC, well its not that hard to spend lots of money to boost the economy, its hard to spend it well, in a sustainable manner, pretty sure they failed there. Thats why everyone is paying for those cheques that came in the mail. Did people really think that was free money? Sure seemed that way at the time. If Labor can tell us the truth with minimal sugar coating and actually present a half reasonable sustainable plan, the job is theirs for the taking, but I suspect there will be more bullshit and denial. No one tells the truth anymore, its too negative.

And I think this is the main problem with modern politics, you cannot show any glimpse of truth or real personality anymore, if you do the media cycle chews you up, though clowns like palmer, and the inexperienced like Lambe seem to get away with it. Its the big parties that are lost in the woods trying too hard not to step in poo, poo is part of the game, avoiding it and cleaning it up, just tell us the truth. But they cannot because they get eaten up. Take Hockey and his cigar episode, I dont like hockey or cigars, but if the leaders of the country cannot enjoy a cigar at the end of a hard day without being judge there is something wrong with your society. Politicians smoke and drink and whatever else as well...But it seems only those purer than falling snow get a gig. I dont give a shit if Hawke was an alcoholic, shit I'll even take that canadian meth head over the holier than thou show pony christian wannabees we seem to have at the moment. I dont give a fuck about your private life if you can contribute something to the country. But the nanny state keeps putting up nanny types that have no idea, no ideas, and no appeal or relation to average Australians.

Daverave wrote
MOthers placing more importance on economic survival than being with their children. Women more concerned with pop culture than undertaking skills that will help us all, and of course, the status factor and possession obsession is the main priority.

Yep Davoravo what happened to that eighties feminism that painted women as the nurturing saviours of modern society? The enlightened balanced earth mothers to take us away from all that scary masculine behaviour like environmental vanadalism, competition and war. They sold their soles for a hyundai getz, botox and a boob job. The pop culture thing is quite alarming, I try to avoid commercial tv news but its good to see what the plebs are being fed. You can have 10 minute segments devoted to kylies shorts, beyonce's bum or the latest wisdom from a kardashian, seriously that is news?? there is a time and place for that crap!! And oh the possession obsession, what the fuck, I have a new relatively earthly down to earth girlfriend, the crap she buys and already has is quite confronting, they cannot help themselves they are like a purchasing robot in any shopping situation. Then there is the kitchen upgrades, new fridges, dishwashers etc. constant purchasing. Fuck this new feminism, I like looking at miley cyrus with no pants on too, but I reallty dont think she is that empowering to women, hardly a good example for your daughter.

But hey apparently its all cool now because all of a sudden chicks like to look, and chicks like to be looked at, well I like to look too, but I still prefer if miley has pants on in public, out of respect for her and impressionable young females, it seems that respect is outdated.

How are ya Sypkan Fishlegs here:

Yeah third paragraph was a mouthful, could've added the Irish thing but there tough, and have heard it all before.

Howard scared the bejesus out of me, his inflexibility across his FN Ppl's policies bubbled up in main stream society and made me question the validity of being a proud Australian, and then Pauline Hanson popped up to confirm the fears I held.

True words there Sypkan, Howard rode the wave on the back of the Mining boom, but didn't see the sub prime market in the U.S getting volatile, better word might be 'destructive' to the global economy. That's were Rudd picked up and started pumping monies into infrastructure to keep the economy afloat while the US of A and Europe went in to economic shock. It would have been interesting to see how the Howard Government would've dealt with that scenario had they have secured another term (some times I consider if the (LNP) had just stepped aside to get out of the storm).

Double Dissolution time again, lets push the voter's to an early election, could be the LNP stepping aside and letting the suckers take the punch!!
Yeah just got a bit feral there.

Political correctness is called that because you need to be attractive to the populace to gain votes. Respect to the voters and what their issues are is not what seems to be important.

Smoking cigars at the end of a hard days work and a pat on the back, come on, COME ON. Hockey and Cormen sitting in the back yard of parliament house choofing on a cough cough cigar, doesn't send a good message to the kiddies, and the adults reeling that they just got sold a budget they didn't vote for, hhhmmm. That's not the way I finish a day at work. If it was my customers and I did that, they would dump me in a second.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 21 Mar 2015 at 2:41am

not good for the kiddies, maybe

but hey neither is sports stars promoting mcdonalds in a country where obesity has just overtaken smoking as the leading cause of premature death.

some footy dude just came out and said how he was intimidated to remove twitter or facebook posts that questioned sports stars promoting mcdonalds, that's not good for the kiddies

politicians are allowed to enjoy themselves ya know

this puritanical society developing in oz is a large part of the problem

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 21 Mar 2015 at 7:29am

Fishlegs - your customers would dump you for smoking a cigar out the back after work ?

Do you work at a munitions dump ?

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Saturday, 21 Mar 2015 at 7:59am
tonybarber wrote:

Fraser may have changed HIS way but when he was in power, he failed to really do much for Aus. Yes, he changed and became more 'liberal' but I would say too late.

Ha, Fraser was ambitious and cunning etc but he was the last of the true liberal Liberal leaders/PMs. It was Howard that started the rot to the far right that sees a complete imbecile as PM today.

Look up Fraser's record (as PM) on the environment on human rights and refugees Tones.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Saturday, 21 Mar 2015 at 8:42am

floyd, you should see some of the crap being vomitted by far right nutters in Bolt's Fraser article yesterday... At least the Labor folk are showing respect, even after what he did to Gough....

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Saturday, 21 Mar 2015 at 10:43am

Fraser failed as PM. He developed his more liberal , humanitarian ideas from his daughters. They were into Africa care programs. The role he played in Gough's dismissal was sneaky but. The key point is, as PM he failed - simple.

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Saturday, 21 Mar 2015 at 12:25pm
Sheepdog wrote:

floyd, you should see some of the crap being vomitted by far right nutters in Bolt's Fraser article yesterday... At least the Labor folk are showing respect, even after what he did to Gough....

@sheepy, Yeah I would understand they would be cos this new neocon movement is like a religious belief, once baptised into the Tea Party hypnotic "the market has all answers" belief system there is no going back. Zealots is a good word to describe them.

Abbott and his ministers still don't get it ... calling the Senators feral, spare me. Abbott still thinks there is nothing wrong with last years budget for christ sake ... its the mean Labor party and the feral cross bench .... its all their fault, not our policies and not our communication. Made me sick listening to Abbott banging on about Fraser last night, I bet Mrs Fraser would be pretty pissed off and all.

@Tonybarber, you make a very poor Chinese historian. You are either a complete fool or a neocon party stooge, oooops I just repeated myself.

silicun's picture
silicun's picture
silicun Saturday, 21 Mar 2015 at 12:28pm
tonybarber wrote:

Fraser failed as PM. He developed his more liberal , humanitarian ideas from his daughters. They were into Africa care programs. The role he played in Gough's dismissal was sneaky but. The key point is, as PM he failed - simple.

He he, great stuff, you are a consummate troll TB :)

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 21 Mar 2015 at 12:49pm

Nice to see 'troll' being used correctly...for once

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Saturday, 21 Mar 2015 at 1:53pm
sypkan wrote:

Nice to see 'troll' being used correctly...for once

lol -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Internet%29

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Sunday, 22 Mar 2015 at 10:48am

i knew I shouldn't have wrote that with a fastidious sheepdog sniffing around. yep it means lots now, but its annoying its become an all encompassing internet name calling word

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Sunday, 22 Mar 2015 at 10:55am

You wanted it sypo.... You know you wanted it... Don't flash your pussy and then complain about the dawg perving ;)

davetherave's picture
davetherave's picture
davetherave Sunday, 22 Mar 2015 at 11:09am

just to think thats what i used to eat for breakfast and that tassie dawg called all my grlfriends-thats right, that was trallops, which was better than what his girlfriends smelled like anyway
scallops, mussel lipped scallops.
i am one sick sick man, got abbott for pm stickers all over my room-pm- post mortem.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Sunday, 22 Mar 2015 at 11:27am

You are a sick man.... BTW, davo, check latest qld forecast ... Just posted interesting ascat image.....

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Sunday, 22 Mar 2015 at 12:29pm

@silicun…'troll' - well Fraser stuffed up Gough - thats history. Yeah, sure he turned small L liberal in his latter years but not when he was PM. That is what I'm trying to suggest. if you look at Gough, he did things when PM and so did Hawke, Keating and many leaders when they were in power. If that upsets you, all I can say he was not a popular PM - thats fact. Truth can be unpleasant at times.

silicun's picture
silicun's picture
silicun Sunday, 22 Mar 2015 at 1:23pm

The problem TB and the reason for my comment is that your posts are unfounded in any reality and "troll like", they don't upset me in the least, its just sad that someone comes to a discussion like this without any ability to add anything constructive or based in historical fact. So a quick fact for you friend, Fraser not only achieved plenty while in government (Google can help you there) he won two elections with a majority something the last two governments have been unable to do, hence the unpopular tag is unfounded as is the assertion that he didn't really achieve anything. There's no point trying to re write history to suit the point of view of the current extreme right who have tried to distance themselves from Fraser. Your homework today TB is to list 10 things Malcolm Fraser achieved during government :)

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Sunday, 22 Mar 2015 at 1:47pm
tonybarber wrote:

lets get a few facts on what fraser actually did accomplish.....

Land rights for indigenous Australians , broke the back of the white Australia policy, was the first PM to use the word multiculturalism, took responsibility for the Vietnamese refuges and stared a resettlement program.....

he hated racism...and when Abbott got elected as the leader of the Lib party in 2009......he resigned and made a very critical speech about what the Libs had become basicall what we call now right wing tea party politics......

I think howard/rudd/Gillard /abbott have all contributed very little .....just makes ya shake ya head and wonder, are there any pollies out there with moral integrity....or maybe the system is built to deliver peanuts for Pollies??

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Sunday, 22 Mar 2015 at 2:35pm

Fraser ended all sand mining on Fraser Island.

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Sunday, 22 Mar 2015 at 4:01pm

Yes, brutus you did highlight issues that in fact were started by Gough. Yes he did change AFTER being PM - thats what needs to be highlighted. Fraser did not save Fraser Island - that battle was on well before Fraser became PM. Sure after court outcomes, the government finally formalised control of mining and forestry on Fraser, (paradoxically Gough did not help on that one :( ) Well, although Gough introduced many good policies for us, he did give Fraser a leg up. I must admit I find this support for Fraser interesting because if anyone remembers what he was like when PM then he was certainly not a 'leftie' - that came later - and good on him. I do support his refugee policies but that was hampard by the party at the time, still getting over the Vietnam war mess.

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Sunday, 22 Mar 2015 at 5:12pm

Meanwhile back on topic ..... what are the odds of Abbott surviving if Baird just scraps in or loses the election?

Ah nothing like the smell of neocon blood come next Monday morning .....

silicun's picture
silicun's picture
silicun Sunday, 22 Mar 2015 at 6:44pm

The outcome will be an interesting indicator no doubt Floyd. Labor has gone wide of its former policy on the CSG issue and that will definitely convert to results in areas like the northern rivers and north west NSW. Sadly Luke Foley has the charisma of brick and I don't know that he can deliver the swing to dislodge the libs but who knows its a fickle electorate these days. I feel the same about the federal situation except that labor doesn't seem to be able to develop a distinguisng platform in any area of policy but similar in the sense that libs are obviously suffering unpopularity while labor offers up a numbskull like shorten???

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Sunday, 22 Mar 2015 at 6:47pm

The odds on Abbott surviving till the 2016 election are piss poor anyway...

silicun's picture
silicun's picture
silicun Sunday, 22 Mar 2015 at 6:54pm
Sheepdog wrote:

The odds on Abbott surviving till the 2016 election are piss poor anyway...

Yep I agree sheepy but it's a long time to hold your breath, let's hope nothing too dramatic happens between now and then.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Sunday, 22 Mar 2015 at 6:58pm

"let's hope nothing too dramatic happens between now and then."

But i love drama!!!!!!.................. ;)

silicun's picture
silicun's picture
silicun Sunday, 22 Mar 2015 at 7:04pm

Well that's one thing I predict there will be, in the next 12 months we are gonna see some serious drama.

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Sunday, 22 Mar 2015 at 9:24pm

Lets all remember Abbott's statement about the adults now being in charge. And the great Australian urban myth that the Libs are always better economic managers!

If it weren't so serious (the need for good federal government) it would very very very funny ...........

http://www.theage.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/darth-vader-has...

Johno210's picture
Johno210's picture
Johno210 Tuesday, 24 Mar 2015 at 10:02am

Hey tonybarber - Tonight on the Aunty @ 8:30pm - George Megalogenis, Making Australia Great, Inside our longest boom. I know you aren't a big fan of George but last weeks episode was gold it really did confirm why a generation of growth could & did occur. Why ? Well both sides of politics basically agreed on the economic plan going fwd. Now if only that model of bi-partisan support for the economy could occur today ! We could be so better off, have a look, give us your thoughts.

Cheers Johno

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Tuesday, 24 Mar 2015 at 2:40pm

I see Abbott just used an air force jet to go to the birthday dinner of a leading Liberal donor.... Apparently, the french onion soup was to die for.... ;p

braudulio's picture
braudulio's picture
braudulio Tuesday, 24 Mar 2015 at 2:54pm
Sheepdog wrote:

I see Abbott just used an air force jet to go to the birthday dinner of a leading Liberal donor.... Apparently, the french onion soup was to die for.... ;p

Yes all very well but was the Dom Perignon a 1996?

Is this the beginning of (or continuation of) a dick waving competition?
http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/taxpayers-billed-2...

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Tuesday, 24 Mar 2015 at 2:57pm

"Yes all very well but was the Dom Perignon a 1996?"

Who cares when there's free onions!!!!!

silicun's picture
silicun's picture
silicun Tuesday, 24 Mar 2015 at 3:04pm

The fact is these are important functions, the companies involved pay huge amounts in donations so that they have influence above an beyond the average voter, hence money well spent on securing socially and ecologically damaging mining developments. Hang on, I just went full retard for a minute....carry on.

braudulio's picture
braudulio's picture
braudulio Tuesday, 24 Mar 2015 at 3:11pm
Sheepdog wrote:

"Yes all very well but was the Dom Perignon a 1996?"

Who cares when there's free onions!!!!!

Fair call.

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Tuesday, 24 Mar 2015 at 4:05pm

@johno … do you reckon current Labor (with Shorty at the helm) are bi-partisan ?? If we just take our rose coloured glasses off for a sec and lets just a workable budget going. Hockey has stuffed this one up, so lets see his next version. It seems a few thinking Senators are little more agreeable this time round, so he has a chance to get something going … hope for us workers yet !

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Tuesday, 24 Mar 2015 at 5:27pm
tonybarber wrote:

@johno … do you reckon current Labor (with Shorty at the helm) are bi-partisan ?? If we just take our rose coloured glasses off for a sec and lets just a workable budget going. Hockey has stuffed this one up, so lets see his next version. It seems a few thinking Senators are little more agreeable this time round, so he has a chance to get something going … hope for us workers yet !

hey Tones, when you sober up can you please translate or rewrite the above. It doesn't make sense, then again much of what you say falls into that category.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Wednesday, 25 Mar 2015 at 12:25am

86 billion dollar blowout

might not be another budget surplus for 40 years

dont both sides have to come clean and tell the public they cant have things like Gonski, NDIS, good health care, good child care, roads and homemade submarines without paying more tax?

From Emma Albarici on lateline tonight

you guys still think Abbott is exaggerating? i think hes been talking it down trying to keep a lid on things