Turnbull rolls over "again" to the ultra right

floyd's picture
floyd started the topic in Monday, 10 Feb 2014 at 7:21pm

No-one got anything to say about the loss of the car industry under a government and high viz Tony that promised to create 1,000,000 jobs?

Slumber away ........

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Tuesday, 23 Dec 2014 at 4:18pm
Johno210 wrote:

Yes stormy clouds on the horizon.
Car Industry like mining can be skilled & semi skilled but very job specific.
I've rang a heap of Liberal Senators in recent months regarding post manufacturing & none of them have a game plan, business as usual they say, that's the scary part !

PS - This is my 1st post, I've checked Swellnet for yrs looking at surf stuff but this thread has some great ideas/comments. Keep it coming, all the best for 2015 folks.

Welcome aboard Johno.

On the same theme Josh Frydenberg was asked on ABC TV this morning what is the jobs plan post the demise of manufacturing. His first statement was breath taking. He started talking about the success of the Brumbys bread franchise business with 1,500 shops here and in overseas. Right, so we are going to bake our way back to full employment.

He also had a chilling message about the economy's "structural deficit" and the ONLY way to fix it was to lower government expenditure .... not increase tax. Right on message is Josh.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 23 Dec 2014 at 4:50pm

Yeh sheepdog, but Im one of these finicky people who believe we should be taking way more refugees from recognised refugee camps than what we do. And that dealing with these people should not be delayed by someone expediating their situation with wealth.

there are a lot of machine guns in Africa too, so it is difficult to assess degrees of need.

Yes Floyd totally agree that Abbott and Co. did not help Labor at all try to pass legislation, but both sides have made this a bitter battle. Though I have to totally agree John Howard was the initial clown that made this whole 'boat people' thing an issue. Personally cannot stand John Howard but one has to acknowledge his successes. The big blight on his supposed stellar record is that he changed Australian society forever regarding this issue.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 23 Dec 2014 at 5:49pm
sypkan wrote:

Yeh sheepdog, but Im one of these finicky people who believe we should be taking way more refugees from recognised refugee camps than what we do. And that dealing with these people should not be delayed by someone expediating their situation with wealth.

there are a lot of machine guns in Africa too, so it is difficult to assess degrees of need.

Yes Floyd totally agree that Abbott and Co. did not help Labor at all try to pass legislation, but both sides have made this a bitter battle. Though I have to totally agree John Howard was the initial clown that made this whole 'boat people' thing an issue. Personally cannot stand John Howard but one has to acknowledge his successes. The big blight on his supposed stellar record is that he changed Australian society forever regarding this issue.

I use to think the same because it seems fair….

So why aren't we taking our quota direct from refugee camps, especially when there is people that have been waiting for up to 15 even reportable 20 years.

The reason we don't in numbers and never will is these people generally.

1. Do not have money to support themselves in Australia.
2. Generally lack education or official on paper skills.
3. Generally lack english skills.

Hence become a burden on the tax payer not only short term but long term especially if can not speak english, and create demand things like public housing and some could argue other social economic problems.

Ideally economic wise we want.

1. Those with money to invest or support themselves, buy a house etc
2.Have skills to get a job and support themselves and pay tax.
3. Have English skills.

Current system helps ensure we get the cream of the tip of the iceberg.

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Tuesday, 23 Dec 2014 at 6:08pm
sypkan wrote:

"Stellar record" ?

I will remember Howard for: turning the once Liberal Party into a party of the far right; gun laws; tax concessions to the wealthy (that form a large part of today's structural deficit); flogging every publicly owned asset he could get his hand on; closing down government expenditure on public infrastructure; invading Iraq on a lie; dog whistling on race; and staying in the job too long and not giving Costello a go (that could have saved us all from Crudd).

I don't call that a stellar record unless its spelt c-r-i-m-i-n-a-l

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 23 Dec 2014 at 6:15pm
Sheepdog wrote:

Tripper....lol....
Sypo'

The numbers aren't that great mate... An illusion - less than 1.5% of all immigrants come by boat..

BTW, here are the arrivals.. Note spike after 2008/09
http://www.aph.gov.au/About_Parliament/Parliamentary_Departments/Parliam...

Here are bodycounts for Iraq and Afghanistan
https://www.iraqbodycount.org/database/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civilian_casualties_in_the_War_in_Afghanistan_(2001%E2%80%93present)#Civilian_and_overall_casualties_.282009.29

Note death spike in Afghanistan 2008/09..... Note death spike in Iraq 2013.... Perfect correlation with spike in boats...... Top 5 boat people are - Iraq, Afghanistan, Sri Lanka, Iran and "stateless"..... perfect nationality correlation with rise in violence and death in Iraq, Afghanistan, Tamil Sri lanka....

Yes war is a major causes to refugees/asylum seekers, but we are in no way the cause of the wars and its not the only cause of refugees.

Here is a real good interactive map to show where they are from during each year (click on the year)http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2012/07/25/interactive-where-australi...

We are not talking about general Immigrants we are talking about refugees and Asylum seekers, immigrants cover a whole range of different people that come to Australia for different reasons, most immigrants are different because they are generally skilled, speak english and can become tax payers, actually my wife is an Immigrant from Indonesia and the visa she came on a Spouse visa (that cost me over $3K ten years ago) conditions are she was not entitled to any government assistance of any type for the first five years.

Talking about money is important because thats what the whole issue is really about, not about some bullshit about saving lives thats just a media political spin thing.

The current system works well because only those with money can get here either by plane or boat as there is much cost involved, we prefer these people because they are more likely to have money, have skills including english, we only see the tip of the iceberg (51 million displaced people in the world or 16.7 million Refugees)

Compared to the millions stuck in refugee camps(some even up to 20 years) that generally have nothing and lack skills including english.

People say but we the number of boats that arrive isn't very much, there is no problem…yes and there is a reason for this and that our strong border control measures that deter and also make it hard for people smugglers to be successful and ensure they can charge high prices that only a few can afford.

If tomorrow the greens got in and said we are going to take as many refugees as possible and we will asses them while they live in the community and allowed to work while waiting and people smuggling was legalised, overnight we would have a flood not only from true refugees but from developing countries,

If i had a ten bucks for every indonesian who has asked me how they can come to Australia and earn Aussie dollar i could buy a whole new quiver.

And if it ever happens i would even pay for my wife's inlays and help family and my Indo friends to get here, if they had to go by boat the prices would be a fraction of the prices charged now as there would be a shit loads of new boats start up, off course they would eventually get sent back but they would be stoked to earn Aussie dollar for a few months or years before there sent back, better than earning a hundred to a few hundred bucks a month in Indo.

Anyway regarding numbers this is more relevant http://www.refugeecouncil.org.au/r/stat-as.php

Note the plane arrivals is much higher, but refusals are much much higher if come via plane compared to via boat.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 23 Dec 2014 at 6:44pm

Very economic rationalist of you indo d,
But Yeh its a good point, and of course it comes into it.

Speaking of the economics, accommodating these people for a years long processing must cost a ludicrous amount of money. If we focus that money on well intentioned policy surely we could help more camp refugees. Unfortunately the only way to do that is have control of your borders.

Floyd, I said supposed stellar record.
A bright young upstart politician had the gaul to ask me if I thought john Howard was better than menzies? I literally didn't know what he was talking about for a period but clearly some outthere hold him in high regard.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Tuesday, 23 Dec 2014 at 6:45pm

Indo..... "Yes war is a major causes to refugees/asylum seekers, but we are in no way the cause of the wars and its not the only cause of refugees."
Mate, last time I checked, we invaded Iraq as part of the "coalition of the willing"... So, considering we did the invading, I'd say we were at least part of the cause (pretty sure we did the invading in Afghanistan too)..... Still waiting for wmds.......

At the time, most of the sane world knew Saddam had nothing to do with Bin Laden.... Haliburton/Cheney made a killing, a puppet Shiite government was put in place, and the shit has hit the fan ever since..... If sunni dominated Iraq was still under tough guy sunni Saddam control, I don't think we would have a death count of over 150 000 innocent civilians.... 150 000............... and counting... Now ad in Syria.....

BTW, your links perfectly match my links re' boats/nationalities/years....

You also raise a good point about there being more "asylum seekers" arriving by plane.... But that's not as sexy, vote wise.... The coalition ( and Labor) find news footage of boats way more effective for the bigoted troglodyte vote than footage of people at an airport tarmac....
Less than 1.5% arrive by boat Indo.... It's in one of the government links I supplied....
Anyway, whilst we have both sides of politics racing to the gutter, and tickling the bigoted racist xenophobic underbelly of this country, nothing will change.... Most Ozzies think it's our right to join in any war that our leader of the day sees fit... We should be allowed to righteously join the fray, but don't suffer any consequence.... Definitely demonise those living where the bombs are being dropped.... Tar with one brush..... Cheers, Indo......

grocer's picture
grocer's picture
grocer Tuesday, 23 Dec 2014 at 6:56pm

Grocer, you need to address points when put to you instead of this vile abusive slander... You revert to these tactics time and time again, for the whole world to see...
Point A - your opinion on Howard giving Monis residency, and denying Iran it's wish to extradite Monis?
I mean you say Labor is up to it's eyeballs with Monis, but can't address these points....

Robertson signed the letter after Monis had sent letters to dead servicemen's families , that's why he stepped down from the leadership today. I guess he approved of what Monis had done, being an old union stooge . Fits in with what Hal Colbatch book on union treachery in the Second World War.

grocer's picture
grocer's picture
grocer Tuesday, 23 Dec 2014 at 7:03pm

You really are nick3 aren't you grocer? nick3 & grocer full of hate and ignorance.

This coming from a bloke who has spent 27 pages telling everyone how much he hates Tony Abbott and the Liberal party with mountains of ignorantly and just outright lies .
Hypocrite

yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer Tuesday, 23 Dec 2014 at 7:10pm

I've worked out who grocer is! He's the member for Cook and regular Cronulla surfer Scott Morriscum. The good Christian morals were a dead giveaway....

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 23 Dec 2014 at 8:12pm
Sheepdog wrote:

Indo..... "Yes war is a major causes to refugees/asylum seekers, but we are in no way the cause of the wars and its not the only cause of refugees."
Mate, last time I checked, we invaded Iraq as part of the "coalition of the willing"... So, considering we did the invading, I'd say we were at least part of the cause (pretty sure we did the invading in Afghanistan too)..... Still waiting for wmds.......

At the time, most of the sane world knew Saddam had nothing to do with Bin Laden.... Haliburton/Cheney made a killing, a puppet Shiite government was put in place, and the shit has hit the fan ever since..... If sunni dominated Iraq was still under tough guy sunni Saddam control, I don't think we would have a death count of over 150 000 innocent civilians.... 150 000............... and counting... Now ad in Syria.....

BTW, your links perfectly match my links re' boats/nationalities/years....

You also raise a good point about there being more "asylum seekers" arriving by plane.... But that's not as sexy, vote wise.... The coalition ( and Labor) find news footage of boats way more effective for the bigoted troglodyte vote than footage of people at an airport tarmac....
Less than 1.5% arrive by boat Indo.... It's in one of the government links I supplied....
Anyway, whilst we have both sides of politics racing to the gutter, and tickling the bigoted racist xenophobic underbelly of this country, nothing will change.... Most Ozzies think it's our right to join in any war that our leader of the day sees fit... We should be allowed to righteously join the fray, but don't suffer any consequence.... Definitely demonise those living where the bombs are being dropped.... Tar with one brush..... Cheers, Indo......

"Bigoted, rascist, xenophobic underbelly " ?
"Most Ozzies think it's our right to join in any war "?

Talk about tarring a nation with the one brush. Show some respect to everyone on here, everyone of your mates , everyone you know and the other 95 percent of Australia that fail to fit this abhorrent stereotype.
You're the fucking bigot.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 23 Dec 2014 at 7:53pm

@ Sheepdog

Im looking for the 1.5% thing but can't find it under what section?..doesn't sound correct to me when looking at other figures.

Yeah the war thing, i can't get my head around that shit, I guess there got to have the reasons.

I don't like to think about this politics shit, does my head in, they all suck, but then again as much as they suck we still are a real lucky country in so many different ways, so i guess as bad as it seems they are all doing a good job, although I do think things are ever slowly getting worse though but for myself thats mostly on a more local level and more a cause of population growth and nanny state laws needed.

grocer's picture
grocer's picture
grocer Tuesday, 23 Dec 2014 at 7:52pm

Hal Colbatch refuting Labor bullshitter Mike Carlton
Carlton also claimed that one of my informants, W.S. Monks — who said a strike at the end of the war prevented him and other men returning from Japanese prison-camps from being disembarked from HMS Speaker — did not exist, despite the fact an hour-long interview with him exists on YouTube.
Get the book Floyd ,and find out about the grand history of the treacherous union led Labour Party.

yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer Tuesday, 23 Dec 2014 at 8:03pm

Roll up folks, grocer is delving in the history books to find the alleged wrong-doings of our distant past. What relevance is this in the 21st century? No-one is buying what your sellin grocer. Like rotten fruit your beloved Abbott and his government stinks!

grocer's picture
grocer's picture
grocer Tuesday, 23 Dec 2014 at 8:41pm

The Transportation Corps: Operations Overseas by Joseph Bykofsky and Harold Larson, printed in 1957:

The Transportation Corps frequently found the Australian dockers trying, none too efficient, and costly. The water-front workers sometimes refused to handle refrigerated or other special cargo, or they suspended operations because of rain. On occasion they were described as insolent, thievish, and resentful of the presence of the U.S. Army. They resorted to frequent strikes and walkouts, thus requiring the use of American and Australian troops to insure the movement of urgent cargo. According to Colonel Plant, the Australian longshoremen had an average discharge rate of five tons per hatch per hour, whereas untrained American soldiers under the same conditions could turn out four to five times as much cargo.

grocer's picture
grocer's picture
grocer Tuesday, 23 Dec 2014 at 8:44pm

[email protected]
December 14, 2014 at 12:06 pm
As another straw in the wind, my father was a World War II pilot with No 12 Squadron based at Merauke in the then Dutch East Indies flying Vultee Vengeances. He entered the war as a typical working class Labor voter. After his experiences in Merauke, living for weeks on end on limited canned rations due to strikes and sabotage by waterside workers back in Australia, he came out of the war with a visceral hatred of the unions and the ALP which persisted to his dying day. His log book (and the Squadron’s Unit History Sheets which I have seen) record flights by Squadron personnel back to Northern Australian ports to “guard” cargoes being loaded destined for combat units in New Guinea. The wilful ignorance of the Peter Stanley’s and Mike Carltons of this world is nauseating.

The proud history of Floyd and Yorksurfers beloved Labor Party

grocer's picture
grocer's picture
grocer Tuesday, 23 Dec 2014 at 9:02pm

Perhaps the liars are the authors of Radar Yarns (see page 71), who opened cases of radar valves at Green Island to discover they had been stolen, as a result of which aircraft were lost (Radar Yarns calls the aircraft Vultee Vengeances, others have said they were Corsairs. If the latter is true, it does not make the slightest difference to the central point of the story)?

Maybe the liars include Labor Prime Minister Chifley and WA Labor Premier Collier, who said at the time of John Curtin’s death that the strikers had broken his heart? Perhaps Curtin himself was lying when he drafted a War Council Minute on strikers stopping work building life-rafts? Are the liars the wharfies who gloatingly described how the war enabled them to blackmail the ship-owners and government?

But perhaps the liars are the many ordinary soldiers and sailors, many of them probably unionists themselves in civilian life, who came forward with accounts of wharf, coal and other strikes?

No the liars are the Labor /union scum , eh Floyd.

grocer's picture
grocer's picture
grocer Tuesday, 23 Dec 2014 at 9:07pm

Well that's about my lot for the night . In closing just like to say that, sure the Liberal Party aren't great , but fuck they don't have a the despicable history of the lying treacherous scum that inhabit the Labor Party.

Shatner'sBassoon's picture
Shatner'sBassoon's picture
Shatner'sBassoon Tuesday, 23 Dec 2014 at 9:47pm

Wow, guess who got pantsed (figuratively/metaphorically) as a youngster by a, shudder, working class kid? Poor dumb bugger.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 23 Dec 2014 at 11:28pm

I'm trying to be open minded about this stuff your dragging up grocer, but to be honest it just doesnt sound that dispicable, more so it sounds like ignorant larikanism or a bit of good old Australian anti americanism, both admirable qualities of Australian culture in my book, perhaps with unfavourable outcomes for some of your situations, but it was an ignorant time, and I am certain conservatives were up to much grubbier behaviour at the same time.

yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer Tuesday, 23 Dec 2014 at 11:32pm

An early Xmas present for Bill Shorten as Labor surges ahead of L-NP.......
http://www.roymorgan.com/findings/5981-morgan-poll-federal-voting-intent...

davetherave's picture
davetherave's picture
davetherave Tuesday, 23 Dec 2014 at 11:41pm
trippergreenfeet wrote:

Maybe some of the braindead voters on both sides can take something away from this...

love it, but it doesnt include free will, maybe monkey decides new choice. eg, lets other monkey climb high, then when he drops , he leaps and grabs bananas- can beings observe and modify/evolve behaviour- life shows yes it happens all the time

davetherave's picture
davetherave's picture
davetherave Tuesday, 23 Dec 2014 at 11:58pm

wow, the old dawg shows his connections to identities. Fact, we live in an electromagnetic sphere. Science shows that our thoughts and espesially our emotions can be measured electromagnetically. Who here can change history-who? But every time you bring it up you add to the energy that created the MISUNDERSTANDING. Wake up the only real thing is your connection to the electromagnetic field- the earth- big core of magnetized metal- u in between then an atmosphere that has pressure that varies. So you really are a transmitter. It doesnt matter whether its Abbot, Shorten BUsh, ISIS, or whoever, its your electromagnetic vibration that is important -right now- think of something that pisses u off - feels fucked yeah- now think of something that was wonderful- hows that feel- u have the power but what you focus on determines how the actors on 3d planet earth act.
namaste- the divine spark of kindness honours the divine spark of kindness in you- which electromagnetic signal will you send, cause it comes back amplified.
Joe cocker, u r so beautiful to me, its better to be peaceful and happy than RIGHT.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Wednesday, 24 Dec 2014 at 4:06am
grocer wrote:

Well that's about my lot for the night . In closing just like to say that, sure the Liberal Party aren't great , but fuck they don't have a the despicable history of the lying treacherous scum that inhabit the Labor Party.

Instead we've got the despicable present era of lying , treacherous scum that inhabit the Liberal party.

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Wednesday, 24 Dec 2014 at 6:13am
yorkessurfer wrote:

An early Xmas present for Bill Shorten as Labor surges ahead of L-NP.......
http://www.roymorgan.com/findings/5981-morgan-poll-federal-voting-intent...

Those government confidence rating figures are a real worry, especially for a government that promised to create a 1,000,000 jobs before the last election. Surely no-one has forgotten that promise One-Term Tony made!

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Wednesday, 24 Dec 2014 at 6:12am
davetherave wrote:

wow, the old dawg shows his connections to identities. Fact, we live in an electromagnetic sphere. Science shows that our thoughts and espesially our emotions can be measured electromagnetically. Who here can change history-who? But every time you bring it up you add to the energy that created the MISUNDERSTANDING. Wake up the only real thing is your connection to the electromagnetic field- the earth- big core of magnetized metal- u in between then an atmosphere that has pressure that varies. So you really are a transmitter. It doesnt matter whether its Abbot, Shorten BUsh, ISIS, or whoever, its your electromagnetic vibration that is important -right now- think of something that pisses u off - feels fucked yeah- now think of something that was wonderful- hows that feel- u have the power but what you focus on determines how the actors on 3d planet earth act.
namaste- the divine spark of kindness honours the divine spark of kindness in you- which electromagnetic signal will you send, cause it comes back amplified.
Joe cocker, u r so beautiful to me, its better to be peaceful and happy than RIGHT.

Great last sentence there Dave .......

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Wednesday, 24 Dec 2014 at 9:01am

Blowin', pull your flag out and wave it like a fuckn idiot.... My statements were "generic", backed up by polls showing a majority support ( or majority apathy) in regards to joining in Korea, Vietnam, Iraq 1,2 and now 3 (I supported Iraq1 due to the invasion of Kuwait by Iraq), and Afghanistan... The polls show a majority of the public wish to have children in custody in the name of "border security"... History shows our contempt to "slope heads" arriving in the 70's, escaping persecution by the communists... We are a racist nation, as people yell out "ape" to Adam Goodes,..
So, if you wish to take this generic comment as an attack on you personally, you are more than welcome.... If the shoe fits, wear it, buddy.... BTW, you just tarred everyone in the Liberal party with your comment "Instead we've got the despicable present era of lying , treacherous scum that inhabit the Liberal party"........ Even though I agree with your GENERIC statement, you're a fuckn hypocrite.... One rule for blowin, another for everyone else.... Go and throw a stone at an immigrant, mate...... Talk to me when you are back to your old self....

Indo.... My sincere apologies... I just made you look though those links, then I realised it was on a government link I forgot to post....... Sorry man.... Here it is, and here is the quote ( in "Is Australia being ‘swamped by boat arrivals’?")

"…in the context of our migration program, the number of asylum seekers arriving by boat to Australia is very, very minor. It is less than 1.5 per cent of new migrants.[58]"

http://www.aph.gov.au/About_Parliament/Parliamentary_Departments/Parliam...

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Wednesday, 24 Dec 2014 at 10:37am

Let's hear you say some " generic" comments about other nationalities , Sheepy -specifically those without an evil white majority- and let's discuss how they resonate.

Since when has pride in a persons community equated with blinkered patriotism ?
I've never understood the American public displays of affection for the flag myself to tell you the truth, but Neither am I a fan of blunt dismissals of the tolerant, accepting society we live in.
If you wish to believe the mass media propaganda that most Australians are rascist scum then I guess you must surely believe that all Muslims are plotting against us.
Just as you proclaim that one 13 year old girl in a 50,000 strong crowd at a football match yelling derogatory remarks is representative of a people, then surely a lone gunman holding people hostage in the name of Allah is also representative of a people ?
Of course not.

If Ausralians seem apathetic, then it's reflective of our passive culture. Which is sometimes problematic, but much more often a credit to us.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Wednesday, 24 Dec 2014 at 12:59pm

If you've paid attention, blowin, I have at many times generically commented on the 2000 year war that nutters wish to keep going on forever.... If there isn't an "Armageddon", a final battle, then 2000 years of misery, of belief will be proven wrong... And these geese will be damned if it is all in vane.... Imagine 2000 years of no bacon for nothing!!!!!! Or as a catholic priest, no sex because of jesus!!!!!! Or having to kiss that fuckn wall!!!!! There... I've just allowed my inner hypocrite out for a run lol.
I have stated that there are those that hide behind their "religion" to commit evil acts.....Power.... It's a fact.... I'm not arguing that... What I am saying is that TGF's cartoon is spot on..... What I am saying is that we as a nation are lazy when it comes to questioning war... We ask "where is the terrorist"... When is the terrorist..... Who is the terrorist..... But we don't wanna know "why"...... "Why " is the terrorist...... Why????? We joined in their shit fight..... That's why...... Kick a mangy dog... it might bite.....

What I am also saying, blowin, is that the majority of Australians allow a 60 000 year evolutionary trait to cloud their judgement......We are the only country that has performed the perfect genocide... The fullblood Tasmanian Aboriginal no longer exists.... After the "black war" in the 1800s, the damage was done...... No more, mate... Gone forever....
Then of course there was the mainland massacres....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_massacres_of_Indigenous_Australians

So, blowin.... Our country was formed on racism.... Our roots..... And that permeates through to modern day.... In fact, in my lifetime, Aboriginals weren't even considered human enough to be counted in the census.... 1967......
Now, lets look at our speech habits, let's say compared to New Zealand or Holland, or even the USA..
Towel head, rag head, Coon, boong, gin, rock ape, dago, wog, dot head, side valve, slope head, chink, fuzzy wuzzy, kraut, seppo, sheep fucker, frog, currie muncher, coconut etc etc etc etc etc ......Oh yeah, it's all good humour..... Right....
There is no problem in having "pride" in one's community, blowin..... But when one see's shit, one has to call it as shit.... Otherwise you just become like the german civilians who found pride under Hitler.... I'd rather be the sheepdog than the sheep... I'd rather be the heretic than one of those responding to the dog whistle, throwing the girl into the Salem river because "public opinion" at the time considered her herb gathering as witchcraft.... Salem public opinion was wrong, blowin.... A poll at the time found 100% in favour of killing witches.....
Now, the tar brush..... Mate, I've joked with you in the past when you've used the brush.. Apart from your brushing of nearly 50% of Australia above ( libs are polling 48%), you have tarred single mums (your joke about faking a birth so you could get a baby bonus + income), You have tarred carers ( I think you had 3 elderly and you were feeding them dog food lol), and you tarred the invalid - ( you were gonna fake an illness and travel Australia)... So, mate one thing we can get out of this is that it probably doesn't feel real crash hot to be the target of the brush.... At least I targeted a big majority, and not a small easy target minority..... ;)
Cheers, blowin..... What's said on the field stays on the field.....

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Wednesday, 24 Dec 2014 at 1:28pm
Sheepdog wrote:

If you've paid attention, blowin, I have at many times generically commented on the 2000 year war that nutters wish to keep going on forever.... If there isn't an "Armageddon", a final battle, then 2000 years of misery, of belief will be proven wrong... And these geese will be damned if it is all in vane.... Imagine 2000 years of no bacon for nothing!!!!!! Or as a catholic priest, no sex because of jesus!!!!!! Or having to kiss that fuckn wall!!!!! There... I've just allowed my inner hypocrite out for a run lol.
I have stated that there are those that hide behind their "religion" to commit evil acts.....Power.... It's a fact.... I'm not arguing that... What I am saying is that TGF's cartoon is spot on..... What I am saying is that we as a nation are lazy when it comes to questioning war... We ask "where is the terrorist"... When is the terrorist..... Who is the terrorist..... But we don't wanna know "why"...... "Why " is the terrorist...... Why????? We joined in their shit fight..... That's why...... Kick a mangy dog... it might bite.....

What I am also saying, blowin, is that the majority of Australians allow a 60 000 year evolutionary trait to cloud their judgement......We are the only country that has performed the perfect genocide... The fullblood Tasmanian Aboriginal no longer exists.... After the "black war" in the 1800s, the damage was done...... No more, mate... Gone forever....
Then of course there was the mainland massacres....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_massacres_of_Indigenous_Australians

So, blowin.... Our country was formed on racism.... Our roots..... And that permeates through to modern day.... In fact, in my lifetime, Aboriginals weren't even considered human enough to be counted in the census.... 1967......
Now, lets look at our speech habits, let's say compared to New Zealand or Holland, or even the USA..
Towel head, rag head, Coon, boong, gin, rock ape, dago, wog, dot head, side valve, slope head, chink, fuzzy wuzzy, kraut, seppo, sheep fucker, frog, currie muncher, coconut etc etc etc etc etc ......Oh yeah, it's all good humour..... Right....
There is no problem in having "pride" in one's community, blowin..... But when one see's shit, one has to call it as shit.... Otherwise you just become like the german civilians who found pride under Hitler.... I'd rather be the sheepdog than the sheep... I'd rather be the heretic than one of those responding to the dog whistle, throwing the girl into the Salem river because "public opinion" at the time considered her herb gathering as witchcraft.... Salem public opinion was wrong, blowin.... A poll at the time found 100% in favour of killing witches.....
Now, the tar brush..... Mate, I've joked with you in the past when you've used the brush.. Apart from your brushing of nearly 50% of Australia above ( libs are polling 48%), you have tarred single mums (your joke about faking a birth so you could get a baby bonus + income), You have tarred carers ( I think you had 3 elderly and you were feeding them dog food lol), and you tarred the invalid - ( you were gonna fake an illness and travel Australia)... So, mate one thing we can get out of this is that it probably doesn't feel real crash hot to be the target of the brush.... At least I targeted a big majority, and not a small easy target minority..... ;)
Cheers, blowin..... What's said on the field stays on the field.....

Sounds good.
Merry Christmas legend.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Wednesday, 24 Dec 2014 at 3:13pm

you too, blowin.... Hope ya get a few barrels in somewhere....

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Wednesday, 24 Dec 2014 at 4:21pm

Barrels ? Fuck me. I'm flat out getting through the bottles. Best wishes cobber.

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Wednesday, 24 Dec 2014 at 4:39pm
Blowin wrote:

Barrels ? Fuck me. I'm flat out getting through the bottles. Best wishes cobber.

What? is ben's birthday bash still on? Had my suspicions given WOTD has been shitty all week.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Wednesday, 24 Dec 2014 at 4:47pm

It's on alright . Your invite must still be in the post Floyd. Shits getting out of hand. Stu and Craig are dominating the karaoke whilst Uplift is busy in the shitters holding Ben's hair out of his eyes as he throws up cheap Lambrusco . It's been a big couple of days.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Wednesday, 24 Dec 2014 at 4:58pm

Look.... Lets forget about Abbott, about terrorism, racism... Some very important news has just come to hand.... Very very important news.... It'll change us forever.....So important it's on the front of the MSN news...... This is big.....

"Miley Cyrus pees while standing and posts the video on Instagram"
http://www.msn.com/en-au/entertainment/celebrity/miley-cyrus-pees-while-...

World changing stuff......... It definitely steals the limelight from the other heading "Marilyn Manson wants AIDS for Christmas"
http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/other/marilyn-manson-wants-aids-for-christ...

Merry xmas, everyone.... May you not catch aids and may a toilet be handy wherever you are..... ;)

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Wednesday, 24 Dec 2014 at 5:08pm

Give us all the gossip blowin; I'm particularly interested to know if any industry heavy weights (an oxymoron if I ever saw one) have turned up to pay homage for services rendered by the Swellnet crew, you know, during pivotal moments of the ASP calendar.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Wednesday, 24 Dec 2014 at 5:44pm

Not sure about homages , mate, but there's a fella from Zosea offering to fellate anyone that pledges to only refer to it as the WSL from now on. Grocer has been back 3 times. The man has stamina, I'll give him that.

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Wednesday, 24 Dec 2014 at 6:32pm

Hahaha, Go Go Grocer there? bugger me. And I thought he was just full of shit. Guess he might have snuck-in using the old press trick of winding off the press button from the shitter and sewing it to his lapel; after all that's how 3/4 of Murdoch's reporters got their gig.

grocer's picture
grocer's picture
grocer Wednesday, 24 Dec 2014 at 8:14pm
sypkan wrote:
I'm trying to be open minded about this stuff your dragging up grocer, but to be honest it just doesnt sound that dispicable, more so it sounds like ignorant larikanism or a bit of good old Australian anti americanism, both admirable qualities of Australian culture in my book, perhaps with unfavourable outcomes for some of your situations, but it was an ignorant time, and I am certain conservatives were up to much grubbier behaviour at the same time.[/quote
Ignorant times eh ? The unionists sabotaging the Australian troops is a bit of larikanism and good old Australian culture then . Let's just pass it off as a bit of ignorance from the those larikanism unionists .
grocer's picture
grocer's picture
grocer Wednesday, 24 Dec 2014 at 8:24pm

Swannys made a comeback

How low can Abbott/Morrison go? Holding NDIS to ransom if not allowed to slash social safety net. The NDIS is fully funded by Medicare levy.
Wayne Swan @SwannyQLD

The Medicare Levy doesn't even cover half of Medicare ,let alone the 10 billion a year NDIS.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Wednesday, 24 Dec 2014 at 10:04pm

"Merry xmas, everyone.... May you not catch aids and may a toilet be handy wherever you are..... ;)"

Sheepy, I like those odds.

And to you and everyone else. Hope 2015 sees your dreams dry, your farts wet and I find a cure for my dyslexia:)

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Friday, 2 Jan 2015 at 9:14am

Well I'm going to kick the new year off with more news on how Abbott's government is kicking the people in the community who can least afford it while doling out more tax concessions to multinationals .....

http://www.theage.com.au/business/a-taxing-tale-of-two-peak-bodies-20150...

Taste of things to come with Morrison now Minister for Social Services.

How on earth do these neocons expect anyone to vote for them at the next election is beyond me. Perhaps they don't care; they are going to wreck the joint and let the next government pick up the pieces.

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Friday, 2 Jan 2015 at 10:28am

Lets hope Labor has not forgotten what damage Williamson and Thomson have done. May the health workers feel they can get true representation for their award. 2014 was not a good year for AUS politics.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Friday, 2 Jan 2015 at 11:20am
floyd wrote:

Well I'm going to kick the new year off with more news on how Abbott's government is kicking the people in the community who can least afford it while doling out more tax concessions to multinationals .....

http://www.theage.com.au/business/a-taxing-tale-of-two-peak-bodies-20150...

Taste of things to come with Morrison now Minister for Social Services.

How on earth do these neocons expect anyone to vote for them at the next election is beyond me. Perhaps they don't care; they are going to wreck the joint and let the next government pick up the pieces.

Wow.... 600 million + 500 million... Might as well round it down to a clean 1 billion... Per year......
1000 000 000...........
Aussies whinging about "MY taxes" going to "skanks spitting out kids", "bloody boat people"....... Yet they don't whinge about "hey, I only earn 50k and I have to pay all my tax.. Why do billionaire companies pay fuck all tax??"
Modern day social pyramid.... Easier to unleash on those below you than those above you.... Safer too....

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Friday, 2 Jan 2015 at 12:15pm

Happy 2015 Sheepy,

Not sure why anyone, including myself, should or would be surprised at any of this; its all to do with the power of lobbyists and the narrow blindness of ideology.

As they used say in the 1950's (I've read about it) comrade come the revolution those lobbyists from the Mineral Council of Australia are the 1st against the wall. Leeches, parasites, rent seekers call them what you will, the only other countries in the world they get away with this shit is in the 3rd world.

This year you will hear minister after minister say the ONLY way to fix the budget is to reduce expenditure. Each time you hear a minister say that remember what the multinationals are getting for FREE.

Let me be the 1st to say (but not the last) it in 2015. Tonybarber you are a fuckstain.

trippergreenfeet's picture
trippergreenfeet Friday, 2 Jan 2015 at 3:16pm
floyd wrote:

Why One Term Tony doesn't care...

https://independentaustralia.net/politics/politics-display/why-one-term-tony-doesnt-care,7224

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 2 Jan 2015 at 3:31pm

So true TGF.

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Friday, 2 Jan 2015 at 3:52pm

For the true believers … please join the party and donate your money or time to the local Labor candidate. The party needs a refresh.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Saturday, 3 Jan 2015 at 3:43pm

Floyd. Here's something interesting;
http://www.theage.com.au/business/employers-step-up-efforts-to-get-rid-o...

Now, here's my take.... This extreme right wing government, since the Howard days, has formed an "Amway" "pyramid" like scheme, where the lower and middle working class can take joy in kicking the unemployed... "My taxes"...... Abbott has taken it even further that Johnny..... But now I see the reasoning behind it all..... Workchoices by stealth....
You see, when one has been sticking the boot into the bludgers, one would never want to become unemployed.... ohh the stigma....
So.... Along comes some ideology to scrap penalty rates.... Does the 27yo whinge about it to his boss? Does he protest and say "Hey!! That's not fair!!".... Well, no.... See, protesting has also been demonised.... Unions too have been demonised...... So you wouldn't want to do that..... And what if you lose your job????
Well, if Abbott has his way, this 27yo bar worker would not be entitled to any help for six months!!!!
So, it's best to just meekly accept less pay.......
So wicked....

trippergreenfeet Saturday, 3 Jan 2015 at 4:10pm
Sheepdog wrote:

You see, when one has been sticking the boot into the bludgers, one would never want to become unemployed.... ohh the stigma....

The stigma alright...

Lately, due to some shitty health I've ended up with a health care card. So I go into the chemist to pick up a bag full of meds and the woman who served me looked down on me like I was scum, was rude, took my cash with no niceties and the deal was done...Fuck you very much!
This was my first time using the card by the way, should be interesteing on follow up visits.

Now previous to this I've been in to same chemist a few times, even been served by the same woman, but back then I wasn't presenting a card...and got treated a hell of a lot different, for one not judged on the spot and made to feel the "stigma".

I see the media is working overtime this last week, pushing the SS bludger and fraudster level real hard...pity the real slim shady won't stand up.