Turnbull rolls over "again" to the ultra right

floyd's picture
floyd started the topic in Monday, 10 Feb 2014 at 7:21pm

No-one got anything to say about the loss of the car industry under a government and high viz Tony that promised to create 1,000,000 jobs?

Slumber away ........

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 29 Nov 2014 at 11:14pm

Go john Faulkner, thw only man that can save the labor, the so called 'generation xers' (who incidently are about as gen x as Justin Bieber) just seem like bumbling idiots.

Same goes for gen x liberal ie. Abbott Hockey, though not quite as bumbling

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Sunday, 30 Nov 2014 at 10:35am

Sheeps…it was the Greens that said the fuel tax will help with Global Warming. Yep, we are lacking quality leadership from both Labor and Libs. Faulkner is about to retire - too late for him, though he is the elder statesman for Labor. Shorty is just a puppet. Abbott just went in too hard. Miracle Malcolm may fix all this.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Sunday, 30 Nov 2014 at 1:58pm

Barberino... Some things can't be fixed.... And in Victoria, an unpopular Labor leader was just voted in.... So, unless the coalition get their heads out of their own ideological arseholes, Shorten will win by default, just like Abbott won by default.
Turnbull may be a silver spoon sorta guy, but at least he is moderate....

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Sunday, 30 Nov 2014 at 2:21pm

sheepy, the labor leader in vicco wasn't unpopular just low profile, letting the policies do the talking. don't think you need a "popular" leader just one with a vision backed up with policies. this is why shorten could win the next election if federal labor develop a plausible alternative policy platform. that should be easy cos we have seen what abbott's got to offer and most voters think it sinks. discussion about turnbull is laughable cos while he is "popular" with voters and true he is a moderate the liberal party of old has moved way to the right and little ole malcolm is the odd man out, he'll never get the nod. the neocons would prefer to loose the election than give turnbull the leadership.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Sunday, 30 Nov 2014 at 4:05pm

33% satisfaction rating before the election for Andrews, Floyd.... That's not exactly "popular"... It was a win by default, mate.... But a win is a win... And now Andrews can set a good example (which Fed' Labor will need) or he can produce more of the same that both sides have dished out over the past 8 years - think tank/poll driven tripe....

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Sunday, 30 Nov 2014 at 4:25pm

Mmmmmm, tripe. You do tripe pies?

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Sunday, 30 Nov 2014 at 4:58pm

Getting busy down here now...... But I don't think tripe pies will sell........ lol

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Sunday, 30 Nov 2014 at 5:12pm

Hey Sheepy, seems to me that a lot of road kill could end up in the pot in Tassie; pretty much everywhere you go over on the west coast you see dead meat just waiting on the side of the road for the pot. Whats the local intel?

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Sunday, 30 Nov 2014 at 5:28pm

Mmmm... Delish..... I tried to bring some roadkill to the mainland for my family to try..... The baggage attendant at the airport asked me if I wanted to put it in the regular luggage.... I said, "No.... It's carrion"....... ;)

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Sunday, 30 Nov 2014 at 5:34pm

Ha Ha classic.

yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer Sunday, 30 Nov 2014 at 6:06pm

I'm enjoying watching Abbott and his party imploding almost as much as his supporters enjoyed the last government's self destruction. That's the fun part about the party you support being in opposition.

As Opposition Leader Shorten doesn't have to do or say anything. When this government is self destructing so spectacularly all he needs to do is just stand back and enjoy the show. Only when the next federal election draws near does Bill need to show us what he's made of?

Then we will see if he has got what it takes or if he's just another footnote in history? I like everybody else am yet to be convinced Billy boy has got what it takes to be a great PM but going by what Abbott's showing us even if Shorten is a very average leader he would be light years ahead of our current PM!

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Sunday, 30 Nov 2014 at 6:16pm

Gday, yorko.. Without decent leadership, and with both parties more interested in serving their puppet masters instead of us, we will have more hung parliaments, more senate chaos, and more governments hamstrung....
Menzies, Hawke, keating, even Howard stood for something, whether you agreed with them at the time or not....
Part of me enjoys watching Abbott get what he deserves.... But part of me is saddened that our country has been hamstrung since Rudd got rolled by Gillard..... Wasted years..... I was willing to accept Labors loss.... They deserved it..... I was willing to even give Abbott a chance.... Everyone deserves a chance.... But he and his far right Christian buddy's have taken the Liberal party to a very dangerous place....

yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer Sunday, 30 Nov 2014 at 7:14pm

True Sheepy. I like many Labor supporters had respect for Howard even if I didn't agree with all his policies. But I wouldn't piss on Abbott if he was on fire, unless I was pissing petrol!

Rudd getting rolled was the stupidest decision Labor has made in recent history. The Victorian state election is further proof of voters distaste for political parties rolling popularly elected leaders.
I'm sure Abbott's detractors in the Coalition are closely regarding this result as they contemplate whether it's worth taking the risk of dumping Abbott. Looks like their stuck with him to the bitter end.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Sunday, 30 Nov 2014 at 8:40pm

Rolling leaders...... Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't..... Keating Rolled Hawke... It worked... But Keating had a plan..... Gillard had no plan, except to get a kick in the weekly polls..... Weekly popularity contests must be secondary to a clear and concise direction.... If Turnbull can offer a different path, which I think he can, he will do ok....

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Sunday, 30 Nov 2014 at 9:04pm

Blah blah blah, Abbott will not be rolled before the next election. These neocons have a religious type belief they are right and its us punters that are wrong. They would prefer to go down with the ship than give some leftie like Turnbull the gig.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 1 Dec 2014 at 8:31am

Yes the neocons have a religious like self righteousness, but desperation (and the harshness of reality) can soften the most dogged determination. who would've thought labor would ever take rudd back? But they did. The situation just needs to seem desperate enough, which will never happen under shorten, sorry labor diehards but despite his best efforts and a blatantly lying government lead by an unpopular idiot, he has failed to highlight abbotts indiscretions and found nothing to offer. Labor needs someone with some authority because the current team don't seem to have any authority on anything at all. Now if they made someone like john Faulkner leader the libs would have no choice but to put up turnball. Then we might have an election worth watching, otherwise it will just be another default election, and no country can afford 12 years of that shit.

I would never ever have considered voting liberal before, and still really really don't want to, but if its ever turnball versus the current labor crop, there is no choice.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Monday, 1 Dec 2014 at 9:11am

Great article by Sean Kelly in the latest Saturday Paper on Abbott's strategy - or lack thereof - employed thus far, and why most of his stumblings wont affect him at the next election.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Monday, 1 Dec 2014 at 9:36am

Sypkan, Floyd......
Sypo', don't get me started on the whole genx baby boomer thing.... Please... It's best for all concerned.... ;)

Floyd, you wrote "Blah blah blah, Abbott will not be rolled before the next election"....... So you've written that in stone? Is that a core statement or a non core statement?

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Monday, 1 Dec 2014 at 9:49am

Sheepy, the Libs might lie, just as Labor did, but they won't roll a first term PM, as Labor did.

That's my core statement.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Monday, 1 Dec 2014 at 10:03am
stunet wrote:

Sheepy, the Libs might lie, just as Labor did, but they won't roll a first term PM, as Labor did.

That's my core statement.

Cool... I like core statements.... "Lock it in, Eddie"...
Now, Sean Kelly..... Adviser to both Rudd and Gillard.... Jumped ship when Rudd got Knifed..... I'll take his expertise with a grain of salt.....

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 1 Dec 2014 at 10:17am
yorkessurfer wrote:

All the ideological stuff aside Abbott lied. He just lied! After hounding Gillard for 3 years over the carbon tax lie he did exactly the same thing but 10 times worse!

Remember this image? He signed it. Signed in blood as he would say. It was plastered across billboards, and newspapers across the country before the last election. Here it is again. We should not let him forget it!

Thought this was ready for another run. Great stuff Yorkes.

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Monday, 1 Dec 2014 at 10:22am

Lock it in sheepy, in fact I'm gunna find a bookmaker to put money on it!

Couple of reader's comments from the Age today ..... both so eloquently using words to describe Abbott's true character ......

"""" The reality of the Abbott Government is contrary to Abbott’s statement when his new ministry was sworn in at Government House in Canberra -"strive to govern for all Australians"
Regressive taxes such as the medicare co payment tax, university taxes and the petrol tax equate to a larger proportion of tax for low income earners than high income earners.
Abbott is soft on corporate tax evasion and offers the likes of Gina Reinhart the opportunity to rip off Australia’s valuable mining deposits without paying a reasonable percentage of tax back to the Australian people.
Indigenous communities are also suffering under this government with community assistance programs being slashed further exacerbating indigenous communities many problems in much the same way as Abbott is "not enthusiastic" about the same-sex marriage bill – well of course he wouldn’t be as same sex marriage and the gay community don’t fit with Abbott’s narrow view of the world

In Abbott’s world you must be a Catholic middle aged man preferably from a western background with an elitist privileged view of the world and be prepared to make political mileage on the back of other’s misfortunes such as refugees or by denigrating particular communities such as the Muslim community.
Abbott is Gillard’s folly and Abbott is far from being a progressive reformer because he leads a Government that is fundamentally discriminatory and does not extend equal recognition and fairness to all Australians.
Leadership is a process of influencing events in a way that advances our society, and in this case Abbott as our Prime Minister should be articulating the case for equality and fairness - Abbott has failed this leadership test!""""

"""I mean while working as a reporter, Mr Abbott could not understand the CONCEPT of balanced and fairness in reporting. I kid you not.
In 1988, The Bulletin editor, David Dale, asked Tony Abbott to rewrite an article five times. "Tony couldn't seem to get the idea that a feature for The Bulletin had to be fair and balanced," Mr Dale said, "I told him if he kept going like that he had no future on the magazine."
Abbott left the Bulletin and went to work for, guess what? The Australian, proudly owned by Rupert Murdoch. We all know how fair and balanced it is. (*)
Fast forward. Despite a strong Christian education since young, he sees nothing wrong with punishing pensioners, the poor and sick, young unemployed, or making it harder for students from poor background to obtain higher education. At the same time, he lets corporations get away with paying next to zero tax, gives tax breaks to the wealthy and gives rich women $50,000 for having a baby.
There should be little doubt about Tony Abbott's true characters. You see, he has been proven a deceitful liar (**), lately with talent for weasel words to lie about earlier lies.
We should never ever forget Tony Abbott trashed this country's ethos for his own lofty ambition. Way beyond his ability. Hence his deceitful lying.
I, for one, will do anything humanly possible not to let the deceitful liar be a PM a day longer than necessary.
(*) See here: http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/tony-abbotts-old-e...
(**) See:http://www.smh.com.au/comment/tony-abbott-is-a-liar-its-a-mathematical-t..."""""

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 1 Dec 2014 at 10:23am

Link or paper name please stunet?

Sheepdog, normally i like to bag the baby boomers for their over indugences, but in current politics they're the only ones that seem to know what they are doing or at least what they stand for

The gen xers of labor have no idea,
You can't please everyone but you have to stand for something.

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Monday, 1 Dec 2014 at 10:28am
stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Monday, 1 Dec 2014 at 10:29am
floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Monday, 1 Dec 2014 at 10:32am
sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 1 Dec 2014 at 10:42am

The question is despite all the stuff in floyds post, why are labor still getting no traction at all?

They cannot assume they'll win because Abbotts so bad, they need to get better.

By the way, pretty sure the Australian wasn't owned by Murdoch when Abbott was there.

yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer Monday, 1 Dec 2014 at 10:50am

@sypkan: From Wikipedia- "The first edition of The Australian was published by Rupert Murdoch on 15 July 1964"

Hey Blowin I like this image that's been floating around the net lately.........

barley's picture
barley's picture
barley Monday, 1 Dec 2014 at 11:09am

I think abbsy is kickin it out the park.all labor has is scare politics or lying accusations..who knows a politician that doesnt lie? He's even getting the nbn up and functioning.something the dysfunctional labor party couldnt do..all he needs is his so called advisers to change tact and he's on..wait till after chrissy!!

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Monday, 1 Dec 2014 at 11:15am

sypkan wrote:

The question is despite all the stuff in floyds post, why are labor still getting no traction at all?

Don't have the time for Photoshop wizardry but this is Bill Shorten (and Labor's) problem.

man_who_wasnt_there_ver3.jpg

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Monday, 1 Dec 2014 at 11:24am
sypkan wrote:

Link or paper name please stunet?

Sheepdog, normally i like to bag the baby boomers for their over indugences, but in current politics they're the only ones that seem to know what they are doing or at least what they stand for

The gen xers of labor have no idea,
You can't please everyone but you have to stand for something.

We often agree..,. But not on this one....

Abbott - boomer - Has no idea - defence pay, maternity leave, east west link, ABC, gp payment, under 30s crackdown..... No idea.......

Joe Hockey - Boomer - A list too long to write......

Defence minister David Johnston - Boomer - Up shit creek on a canoe

Bronwyn Bishop - boomer - Need I say more.....

But I suppose when the "elders" give themselves 20 years worth of people in one group ( 1945 - 1965), it leaves a lot of room for good and bad..... They then gave gen x, gen y etc just 12 years worth of folk.... Strength in numbers.....
But what amazes me is how someone born in 1945 can be considered the same generation as someone born in 1965.... One was on a plane to fight in Vietnam... One was sucking on their mother's teet..... One listened to Buddy Holly or the Kinks... The other listened to Grand Master Flash or Iron maiden...... And the post war baby boom finished way before 1965.......

yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer Monday, 1 Dec 2014 at 12:34pm

Abbott was a brutally effective opposition leader but is proving to be a dud prime minister. Is it possible that Shorten despite not being a snarling attack dog of an opposition leader that we have come to expect in recent history could be a calm, measured statesman like primeminister?
Someone who could steer this country's politic away from the hateful, nasty oppose and destroy everything the other side believes for the sake it?
If Abbott continues the way he is going it's something the Australian voters will seriously consider?

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Monday, 1 Dec 2014 at 12:47pm

Bill Shorten on ABC radio this morning: "Once upon a time I thought denial was a river in Egypt; it's actually the attitude of the Abbott government."

Ol' Bill needs to work on his one liners too.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Monday, 1 Dec 2014 at 12:57pm
stunet wrote:

Bill Shorten on ABC radio this morning: "Once upon a time I thought denial was a river in Egypt; it's actually the attitude of the Abbott government."

Ol' Bill needs to work on his one liners too.

You bet he does... You bet I do...... ;) I think he should start shirtfronting a few Lib' frontbenchers lol

yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer Monday, 1 Dec 2014 at 1:00pm

Yeah that is pretty shit stu. Who the fucks advising him? But he's only a politician, he's not the suppository of all wisdom?

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Monday, 1 Dec 2014 at 1:08pm

yorkessurfer wrote:

he's not the suppository of all wisdom

Very droll Yorkes. Very droll.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 1 Dec 2014 at 1:42pm

sorry, clearly wrong about The Australian thing, I thought there was a big hoo haa not long ago about new owners (being him) maybe it was new editors.

NIce pic Stunet, pretty much says it all, but YS is right there is a whole party that is accountable, yet there's nothing, all quiet, the party that wasnt there. Who would you pick for leader?

Yeh sorry Sheepdog those generation references weere a little vague, as the boundaries of generations seem to be, or have become, as stuff tries to explain modern times. But basically I was saying young generation Labor have no idea and appear as such. The older ones dont seem quite as lost.

And for Abbotts team, the old guard seem to be implementing policy with confidence, Abbott and Hockey seem to be implementing policy like they're in over their heads, but importantly they are implementing policy.

That policy often sucks, is really unfair, is based on lies, or in terms of G20 and his dealings with climate changeand Putin, is a proposterous position to take on the world stage, yet he pulled it off, reasonably unscathed, at least domestically. He has pulled off most of his ridiculous ideas, against the odds.

He seems to be coming unstuck now, but he will have to come really unstuck for many average punters to go Labor.

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Monday, 1 Dec 2014 at 2:07pm

Right, for all those that think Shorten is about as heavy as a soggy tram ticket what do you want him to do right now? That's the first question.

2nd question. Since WW2 name one opposition leader apart from Whitlam who argued vision and policy this far out before an election. Hawke rolled Hayden just before the election, Howard didn't nor did KRudd. Abbott gave us jackshit.

Its not a beauty or popularity contest where "charisma" counts for all. Look what we got with KRudd for christ's sake.

For me, I want a politician with conviction and a fire in his/her guts to get good social and economic policies for the good of the country AND will do exactly what they say before the election. In summary; good policies and honesty. To have both of these you don't need to look or sound good on the morning show or while sucking up to shock jock radio.

so I agree with YS's comment of 12.34.

yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer Monday, 1 Dec 2014 at 2:16pm

Penny Wong was telling me at a Labor Party branch meeting earlier this year that the party isn't getting any traction in the media, especially the Murdoch press despite Shorten and the shadow ministry conducting regular public appearances?

Someone else piped up "But what about the Age?"

Wong quickly responded "Well no-one reads the Age"

To be fair to the media some of that could be attributed to the dullness of Shorten but you would of had to have your head in the sand to not see the freeride that Abbott and ministers have been getting in the MSM, both in opposition and for the first part of their term in office.

It's really only been since the release of the budget that the media have turned the blowtorch on the government and still the opposition are getting very little air time.

Especially when you compare it to the Gillard government's time in office where the media's coverage would regularly begin with the words "The Opposition Leader Tony Abbott says........." when reporting on any news event?

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 1 Dec 2014 at 2:52pm

Right, for all those that think Shorten is about as heavy as a soggy tram ticket what do you want him to do right now? That's the first question.

Move aside so someone inspiring can step up

Do it politely so voters don't lose their shit. And do it now before its too late.

That was a good article stunet, but it did not account for Abbott being replaced politely, it was all about how rudd was ousted, not that he was ousted.

Both sides need to call a truce, replace their leaders, and get on with it, for the good of the country

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 1 Dec 2014 at 4:21pm

Labor needs to show some balls and make the first move.

They must know in their hearts they can't continue like this for the next two years, maybe 6

barley's picture
barley's picture
barley Monday, 1 Dec 2014 at 6:10pm

Billys gunna have trouble next budget in may..hockey and co will bring out a massive deficit and blame it on labor..labor will throw the mud back but will it stick? Malcolm has kicked the nbn into gear watch for that to come out as well.pyne should get the uni stuff through .abbsy has to wind back ppl..dont reckon he'll scrap it though..most polliez have only ever been pollies..turnballs has had a career in business seems the way to go.shorten has only ever been a union stooge.the first half of next year will be interesting times will tony turn it around..will smokin joe light a fire he cant put out? Can bill hang on? These are the days of our lives

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Monday, 1 Dec 2014 at 6:24pm

The biggest issue for the Libs is hypocrisy.... As Opposition leader, Abbott gained traction with Joe and Jan Suburbia over Gillards Carbon tax lie..... Aussies are pretty easy going.. But when you look an Aussie eyeball to eyeball and shake hands on something, it's a deal.... When you go back on your word, we as a group say "bullshit mate"..... That's what Gillard got..... "Bullshit, Julia"......
Now here is Tony doing EXACTLY the same thing.... And the feeling on the street is "Bullshit, Tony".... "You bullshitted to us.... Not just that mate, but you are a fuckn hypocrite"......
THAT is the issue.............
Now... Labor...... Who was there when Gillard knifed Rudd??? Who handed Gillard the knife??? Then who was also there when Rudd Knifed Gillard??? And who handed Rudd the knife??? Good old Bill.....

So...... it's WAY too early to even consider an outcome next election... A week is a long time in politics..... But we are in uncharted waters...... Daniel whatshisname just outed Napthine even though the coalition in Vicco weren't that bad (looking from over the Tasman that is)... Over 1 million pre poll votes lodged 2 weeks before the election..... Howards old saying "you can't fatten the pig on market day" has never been more true.... But in the long run, if the status quo remains, Joe and Jan Suburbia will have to choose between a total liar/hypocrite, and a reminder of all that Gillard/Rudd ugliness...... If I had to bet now, I'd say Labor will just scrape in with the help of the greens..... Shorten will therefore be hog tied, and the madness will continue......

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Monday, 1 Dec 2014 at 6:28pm
yorkessurfer wrote:

Penny Wong was telling me at a Labor Party branch meeting earlier this year that the party isn't getting any traction in the media, especially the Murdoch press despite Shorten and the shadow ministry conducting regular public appearances?

Someone else piped up "But what about the Age?"

Wong quickly responded "Well no-one reads the Age"

To be fair to the media some of that could be attributed to the dullness of Shorten but you would of had to have your head in the sand to not see the freeride that Abbott and ministers have been getting in the MSM, both in opposition and for the first part of their term in office.

It's really only been since the release of the budget that the media have turned the blowtorch on the government and still the opposition are getting very little air time.

Especially when you compare it to the Gillard government's time in office where the media's coverage would regularly begin with the words "The Opposition Leader Tony Abbott says........." when reporting on any news event?

Too true

Shatner'sBassoon's picture
Shatner'sBassoon's picture
Shatner'sBassoon Friday, 5 Dec 2014 at 3:13pm

Acquiring minds want to know, when will Rupert pull the plug on Tones and crank up the "kick this knob out" campaign? Out of the LNP gene pool, who'll step up and over? Anyone envisage Asbestos Julie in the hot seat by April 1st?

yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer Monday, 1 Dec 2014 at 6:52pm

Murdoch's got 880,000,000 reasons to continue to support Abbott. That's the dollar figure Newscorp received in a settlement from the tax office after last years election of the Coalition, no questions asked and with no appeal being lodged by the new government.

Next time your diddling your tax return at the end of the financial year for expenses like washing your work uniform or driving your car during work time think of that figure-$880 million!!!!
http://m.smh.com.au/business/tax-office-forced-to-pay-rupert-murdoch-880...

barley's picture
barley's picture
barley Monday, 1 Dec 2014 at 6:59pm

@sheepdog I think people were just fucked off with the rudd thing more than julias carbon tax lie..that was just the little thing to help her off the edge.IMO everyone knows pollies lie.they never tell the truth. Ita sort of accepted now I mean look at the big white goon peter garrett.he had heaps of respect and we all thought he could be the different one...but he wasnt. My question is why do we vote these people in then hate on them straight away? The french could have sarkozy back in as president.Australians would never do that..

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Monday, 1 Dec 2014 at 7:08pm

No, mate... It's not accepted.... Not on "big ticket items".... The carbon tax lie was terminal..... She never recovered.... She didn't have to do it.... Same with Tony's "no cuts no changes yaddayadda"..... I note He didn't phone Daniel Andrews on the night to congratulate him..... It's traditional for a PM to phone a winning Premier, regardless of which party won....... It's the little things, too, barley....... I also note Abbott said the Vic' election was referendum on the east west link.... Well the people have spoken, yet Abbott wont take it on the chin, and has now put a caveat on the 3B funding to Vic... he also wants Andrews to now break promises.....
It's the little things, barley..... Have a good night, man......

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Tuesday, 2 Dec 2014 at 8:02am
yorkessurfer wrote:

Murdoch's got 880,000,000 reasons to continue to support Abbott. That's the dollar figure Newscorp received in a settlement from the tax office after last years election of the Coalition, no questions asked and with no appeal being lodged by the new government.

Next time your diddling your tax return at the end of the financial year for expenses like washing your work uniform or driving your car during work time think of that figure-$880 million!!!!
http://m.smh.com.au/business/tax-office-forced-to-pay-rupert-murdoch-880...

And Abbott wanted to save, what?, $17 mill by ripping off defence service personnel christmas holiday!!

You could go through the budget line by line and compare what he wants to rip off punters compared to that $800 mill

davetherave's picture
davetherave's picture
davetherave Tuesday, 2 Dec 2014 at 4:41pm

when I approached all mdia about my renewable energy strategy and Energy Efficient Building Scheme, i was met with basically rudity.
I been joking with Obama about basketball and NFL for a while now and i was so delighted to see these commentators eat their words but still try to support Direct Action.
Free Press In australia in major areas non existent, thats why ABC putting under pump.
He is so cocky he thinks the media will hoodwink the public because lets face it, the majority get their opinions from the tweets, and webpage headlines- too hard too think for yourselves know, let us guide you, we know what you want, specials, we got specials just for you- we will look after you, just keep subscribing