birdseye started the topic in Monday, 17 Nov 2014 at 8:00pm
shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Saturday, 20 Jun 2015 at 6:50pm

Yeah ;-)

Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68 Saturday, 20 Jun 2015 at 6:57pm

If being male & getting enjoyment out of paddling back into the line-up in tropical waters behind a toned, bronzed, bikini clad arse, then yes.........

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Saturday, 20 Jun 2015 at 8:37pm

Sexism..... Now there's an interesting topic.... If the ladies out there could just go make some sandwiches, us men can discuss this....

surfing-cronulla's picture
surfing-cronulla's picture
surfing-cronulla Wednesday, 11 Nov 2015 at 10:39pm

The only time I actually enjoy being behind someone paddling a mal kneeling! No complaints ergo no sexism.

Rabbits68 wrote:

If being male & getting enjoyment out of paddling back into the line-up in tropical waters behind a toned, bronzed, bikini clad arse, then yes.........

dandandan's picture
dandandan's picture
dandandan Thursday, 12 Nov 2015 at 7:34am

Wouldn't know what to say to this really. Outside of Indo I have only surfed with women a handful of times. There was once a woman who would surf the point break near my house, and she was constantly in the way and made no efforts to move. I felt like she was trying to prove a point, giving the stink eye and what not: "You think just because I'm a woman you can walk all over me" kind of thing. I was conscious of not offending her, and in the end that led me to treat her differently. I watched her pretend to paddle for a few set waves before getting angry, I didn't yell at her when she sat in front of me when I was taking off, and I didn't sidle up to her to make small chat in case she thought I was trying to chat her up. Thankfully in the end some rough and tumble bloke called her out on all her surfing wrongs and I haven't seen her since.

thebeard's picture
thebeard's picture
thebeard Thursday, 12 Nov 2015 at 11:20am

I often feel objectified. I see them ladies looking at me going: "I want a piece of that" It's very hard to live with and I often just end up not surfing due to all the glares I get when when I do my warm up yoga poses on the beach.

braudulio's picture
braudulio's picture
braudulio Thursday, 12 Nov 2015 at 1:57pm
thebeard wrote:

I often feel objectified. I see them ladies looking at me going: "I want a piece of that" It's very hard to live with and I often just end up not surfing due to all the glares I get when when I do my warm up yoga poses on the beach.

I feel your pain brother!