War

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog started the topic in Saturday, 15 Nov 2014 at 11:45am

What is it good for........

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Saturday, 15 Nov 2014 at 11:50am

Boko Haram seizes Nigerian town of Chibok, hometown of kidnapped schoolgirls..

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-11-15/boko-haram-seize-hometown-of-kidna...

So, those in the Abbott thread beating the war drum about ISIS? Well, in Nigeria, 58 boys were blown to bits... Young girls raped, tortured..... Not a word..... Minimal media coverage... Are you all only outraged when Tracy Grimsure tells you to be outraged? When Rupert says so?
Will Abbott and Obama jump into Nigeria? Of course they wont..... The hypocrisy continues....

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Saturday, 15 Nov 2014 at 11:53am

Russian media releases satellite image claiming to show MH17 shot down by Ukrainian fighter jet....

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/russian-media-releases-satellite-image-...

The first unproven theory or the second unproven theory... It's hard to shirt front someone in the fog of war......

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Saturday, 15 Nov 2014 at 1:45pm

Sheepdog … sounds like a bit of selective reading. Everyone, including Rupert's papers, reported the Boko Haram kidnappings and killings. I assume you know Haram are from the same sect as ISIS. Lets just hope Indo doesn't go too far down this caliphate way ! They are majority Sunni Muslims.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Saturday, 15 Nov 2014 at 2:08pm

You've totally missed the point, Tony..... These Boko haram atrocities have been occurring now for ages... But there s no oil in Nigeria. No vested interests... Therefore no "coalition of the willing".... A "moral high ground" has been used for middle east intervention.... But that's a smoke screen.... Money and oil..... Let's be real about it..... If the money and oils was in Nigeria, not Iraq, that's where the coalition of the willing would be......
Be real.....

seaslug's picture
seaslug's picture
seaslug Saturday, 15 Nov 2014 at 3:14pm

No oil in Nigeria.....they have been a member of OPEC since 1971, 2.3 million barrels a day in August. Then there is the gas

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Saturday, 15 Nov 2014 at 3:56pm

Sorry slug.... Shoulda' said "not enough oil"......
Their proven crude oil reserves, sea slug.... As compared to the middle east? Here you go... Check it out

http://www.opec.org/opec_web/en/about_us/25.htm

Nigeria reserves - 37 070m barrels
Iraq reserves - 144 211m barrels.... Plus it's neighbours - UAE -97 800m, Saudi Arabia - 265 789m, Kuwait - 101 500m etc etc etc......

Chevron , Texaco, and Exon a far more tied up in the middle east than Nigeria..... And U.S crude imports from Nigeria have dramatically fallen over the past 10 years......

A coalition of the willing is not worthwhile........

mitchvg's picture
mitchvg's picture
mitchvg Saturday, 15 Nov 2014 at 3:57pm

Get with the times sLeepdog, Boko Haram is ancient facebook news. Everyone shared a link already. It's done, it's history. We are all socially aware and that is the end goal.

:P

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Saturday, 15 Nov 2014 at 3:59pm

lol mitch -

mitchvg's picture
mitchvg's picture
mitchvg Saturday, 15 Nov 2014 at 4:18pm

I was actually gonna say that there is oil production and W Africa, but point taken about being tied up...

Went south of the paddocks for a few days, we almost pulled in at that spot, you know, but the wind changed earlier than expected. Only 10 maybe 11 sec swell, but it spread out alright!

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Saturday, 15 Nov 2014 at 5:09pm

Sleepdog haha Mitch Very Good;)

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Saturday, 15 Nov 2014 at 6:02pm

Sheepdog…US is becoming (if not become) oil self sufficient due to shale oil extraction. Its interesting to see that the largest customer of Iraqi oil is China - apparently 70%. You will notice that there is an oil price war starting to heat up. The Arabs are dropping prices, Russians are loosing out as is Venezuela. I think the US interest in Iraq due to oil is probably out dated. The oil game has changed significantly.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 15 Nov 2014 at 7:05pm

I never know what to believe about oil, i thought we were running out of the stuff or the good stuff, now the US is becoming self sufficient?

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Saturday, 15 Nov 2014 at 7:40pm

Tonybarber.. Some links would be nice to back up your statements.. Otherwise it's just heresay ;)
Just googled "Russia oil"..... Doesn't seem to back you up, tone.....
And yeah, indo...... Who knows.......

inzider's picture
inzider's picture
inzider Saturday, 15 Nov 2014 at 9:08pm

Iraq was never about the oil , it was about disaster capitalism.
The oil was just a nice bonus.
The US is drilling hardcore , there are currently 1,925 rigs in the US and 410 in Canada vs 1,308 for the rest of the world.

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Sunday, 16 Nov 2014 at 1:12am

Interesting Inzder.
Did you do a naki hardcore the other day..! Ride frozen in da morn and shred water in da arvo....???

inzider's picture
inzider's picture
inzider Sunday, 16 Nov 2014 at 3:49am

NA welly , Im @ work on night shift, on a rig just outside of stratty, (20 mins from field) the boys cranked up the top tow tho and said it was pretty good with 2 ft drifts about, surf has been kak of late , I havnt been wet since August, theres been some days here and there but I just been to hectic with work and family. Headin to Vicco for xmas so hopefully get in the water in torkers , not holding to much hope for good surf at that time of year but ya never know I might get lucky, I left me trusty 6.4 over there so hopefully I get to float the old girl. Giong to hit up all me favourite skatebowls in melbs though, so I will be fizzing with or without the salt.
looking forward to smashing a few Coopers though, the bastards have stopped selling them at the supermarket here in NZ.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Sunday, 16 Nov 2014 at 11:37am
inzider wrote:

Iraq was never about the oil , it was about disaster capitalism.
The oil was just a nice bonus.
The US is drilling hardcore , there are currently 1,925 rigs in the US and 410 in Canada vs 1,308 for the rest of the world.

It's about the quality of oil, too , inzider..... Some of it is shit... Some of it high grade.... "disaster capitalism" - Yeah yeah cheney Rumsfeld haliburton etc..... But middle eastern oil is what keeps the barrel price down...... Big U.S companies pull the U.S gov' strings...... And of course we have the "my god is bigger than your god" brigade..... Hence Isis is a moral dilemma that must be curtailed..... And Nigeria can go fuck itself........ You know what I'm saying?

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Sunday, 16 Nov 2014 at 11:50am

@Sheepdog…yeah, granted its easy to throw out 'statements'. But, I assume, this business source is 'reputable' re oil for China from Iraq - http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2014-06-17/iraq-crisis-could-threat...
There does seem to be an oil price war developing - confirmed by brent crude falling in price over the last few months. I think the key point is that many countries are concerned about oil supply from the middle east, especially with ISIS.

mitchvg's picture
mitchvg's picture
mitchvg Sunday, 16 Nov 2014 at 12:04pm

+ it has to be said insider, someone who works in the industry is always gonna say that aren't they...

inzider's picture
inzider's picture
inzider Sunday, 16 Nov 2014 at 5:03pm

Mitchvg, just because i work In the oil and gas industry it dosnt mean that I dont have a grasp on basic geopolitical concepts. Thats like me saying " oh your a chippie you must love deforestation".Or ''you buy products from China you must love slave labour''. Not real sure on your angle of critisism. Please evaluate on your insinuation.

mitchvg's picture
mitchvg's picture
mitchvg Sunday, 16 Nov 2014 at 8:12pm

For the enormity of the topic, your comment was just way too simplified basically.

inzider's picture
inzider's picture
inzider Sunday, 16 Nov 2014 at 8:40pm

Still fail to see how me working in Oil and Gas gives rise to your comment "you would say that'', now that is simplified. You still need to evaluate more on your comment as I am yet to grasp your angle.

mitchvg's picture
mitchvg's picture
mitchvg Sunday, 16 Nov 2014 at 9:32pm

Broad, one sided statements don't display that understanding of the geopolitics, etc. Being involved in an industry could hold someone back from looking for a critical understanding of it. The self critical understanding which wasn't displayed.

i.e. you have a motive to put 'the blame', for war, at others' feet. Who would want to be associated with an industry that profits from war? So I need a good explanation of the theory also.

Anyway, is disaster capitalism more than just saying: there's a military industrial complex lobbying for war?

inzider's picture
inzider's picture
inzider Sunday, 16 Nov 2014 at 10:05pm

Oh thats right WMD, thats why Iraq was invaded not because of oil, and 9/11 was pulled off by a couple of guys with cesna training and a box cutters, yeah right. There is more to Iraq than oil, there is more to it than Halliburton and the MIC. Dig a bit deeper, your only just scratching the surface.
Disaster capiltalism has its roots in Chicagonomics aka MIlton Friedman and the ideology he sold around the world. At a cost of many 10's of thousands of innocent lives.

Your argument is weak at best trying to link me and my job with the spoils of war.
You live in a country and are afforded your freedoms from the spoils of war,
If you work in the clothing industry you are just as guilty as me, because soildiers wear clothes, ??
You work in a iron ore mine and the product is made into guns , are you associated with war??

Going on your arguement anyone who works in oil and gas supports American foreign policy,
bit of a stretch bud. Time you read some books.

mitchvg's picture
mitchvg's picture
mitchvg Sunday, 16 Nov 2014 at 10:36pm

Yeah I'm hearing ya. I was conscious of not just flat out accusing you of being stupid and raping the earth bla bla bla. E.g. "way too simplified" not "you're way too stupid". I spose they sound the same.

inzider's picture
inzider's picture
inzider Sunday, 16 Nov 2014 at 11:19pm

No offence taken MVG, So many issues at play in the whole Oil thing, Bottomline for me is not the end game for oil reserves , my money is on war for water and food security. Call me a conspiricist or whatever but global food companies are way more fucked up than oil companies, how many food companies control the majority of our supply in the western world, not many, the yanks have had the world food system sewn up for a long time, shits gunna get real funky in this world for our grandkids, be thankful were on this side of the planet and there is alot of water between us and the uber poor.

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Monday, 17 Nov 2014 at 10:24am

Inzider … you may be on the money that it will be more about WATER and FOOD SECURITY.
An interesting article in SMH - http://www.smh.com.au/business/comment-and-analysis/barnaby-joyce-is-on-...
Bottom line is - we need to build dams.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Monday, 17 Nov 2014 at 11:56am

Inzider and tone.... So iraqs 3 wars (bush senior, Gwb, and now isis) is about water and food.... Ummm... O.k....... Not helping the Nigerian girls, the mass killings/boko haram is food and security related.... Hmmmm... Sorry, doesn't gel with me.... facetious? Maybe I am.... But my initial post was about moral hypocrisy - One "death cult" being more "morally" important to crush than another "death cult"......
It's not about "morals".... It's about money.... Whether it's oil, gas, diamonds... Doesn't matter... Only thing that matters is the sound of cha ching.... This is why some folk hate the west - this fake moral façade.... If the west said we're going into Iraq because these isis lunatics threaten to destabilise the world economy via oil supplies instead of this moral bullshit argument, most of us would support that stance, and "the enemy" would at least respect out honesty...
As far as "food" goes..... What does one need to plant the food, inzider? To grow the food, sow the food, transport the food, package the food, sell the food, cook the food? I'm sure oil and gas play some role in food.... Without fuel, we're back to the ox and plough....

mitchvg's picture
mitchvg's picture
mitchvg Monday, 17 Nov 2014 at 12:21pm

On the one hand you seem to be saying: An individual cannot be held responsible for the consequences of his actions, if those consequences are out of his control. They also cannot be guilty by association.

But on the other hand, couldn't the same be said for the people who partake in 'disaster capitalism'? Couldn't they just say, well we're just doing business in a free market? Or, we're just reducing barriers to business?

What's the difference? The intent? The disaster capitalists know where the 'dropping money out of a helicopter' will fall, and get it first?

yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer Monday, 17 Nov 2014 at 12:52pm

Disaster Capitalism- Pulitzer Prize winning New York Times reporter James Risen exposes more about the reality of greed, power and endless war in his new book, Pay Any Price.

Here's an interview with the author about his new book which sounds like it would be well worth a read....

http://truth-out.org/progressivepicks/item/27425-james-risen-the-post-9-...

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Monday, 17 Nov 2014 at 1:54pm

Sheepdog…to clarify - I believe ISIS is not about oil for the US. The oil game has changed since George Bush. What I was trying to suggest is that we must have resources - water and food security (which does include oil supply) was a key item on the G20 agenda and what the article in SHM (link above) suggested, as did inzider.
It is hoped that there is some morality and that actions of ISIS are stopped. Lets be honest here - why does the 'west' need to be the ones to stop ISIS. Why did Turkey just sit there while a town on its borders was wiped out. I don't believe ISIS have any respect for anyone if they are not Muslim and non ISIS supporter.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Monday, 17 Nov 2014 at 3:12pm

"Lets be honest here - why does the 'west' need to be the ones to stop ISIS." Barrel price, Tone... Certainly not out of the goodness of our heart....

"Why did Turkey just sit there while a town on its borders was wiped out. I don't believe ISIS have any respect for anyone if they are not Muslim and non ISIS supporter".... Goes back to my point - "my god is bigger than your god"...... Oil + god = intervention..... Unlike Nigeria....

inzider's picture
inzider's picture
inzider Monday, 17 Nov 2014 at 5:42pm

I probably should have articulated my point a bit better Sheepdog re Iraqi oil etc. This may seem far out to some but here goes. In the not too distant future(perhaps decades) once shit really hits the fan in the middle east and the ''developing'' world, spreads to europe the US aint going to give a fuck about middle eastern oil. It will be in the too hard basket. Hence the reason at present they have more rigs driiling in their backyard than the rest of the world combined. They have had their easy oil for decades, their game plan has changed now. Are you familiar with the UN's Agenda 21 ?. There are only a few countries in the world with an armed force capable of moving around the planet like they do and thank fuck they are allies to OZ and NZ. The only armed force capable of dominating a new world order will be the one with secure oil reserves and supply and secure food and water supplies and this is the US. Countries that import food to sustain their people(ie China) will be subserviant to the supplier( the US controls the world food system) We already have a template in Israel to see what pockets of the Northern hemisphere will be like in the future. With a rapidly expanding population in the poorest countries and over a billion people already without access to fresh water , shits going to get real funky. You think OZ has boat people problems now, Imagine those ships that carry live cattle and replace with humans!. If we go back a few (100)thousand years why did our ancestors leave the rift valley in Africa? because shit got funky, they had to move or perish into the dust, so my guess is the billions of poor and water starved people are going to get mobile and eventually become a tide like human kind has never seen. Anyone with half a clue can figure out the world cant keep populating and deal with climate change effects, which are going to throw some curveballs at humanity. Your move to Tassie is wise, what a spot to weather the storm. I see countries like OZ and NZ becoming a haven for the uber rich who can afford to get away from the chaos of the northern european hemisphere.
Whaddya reckon ? I'll be in my bunker waiting for ISIS

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Monday, 17 Nov 2014 at 6:24pm

Jesus.... And I was considering selling up and moving back to the mainland..... ;) ....

I think the world has been "funky" since the end of ww2, inzider.... The internet and 24 hour news cycle just makes it more "in your face"....... Korea - Now that's a paddlin'.... Cuba missile crisis - that's a paddlin'.... African famines - a paddlin'.... The never ending middle east - definitely a paddlin'.....

A lot of shit used to go down in lets say the 50s and 60s, even 70s, but Joe and jan cornflake muncher were oblivious to it all..... Happily doin the twist and consuming the "domino effect", checking for reds under the bed obediently..... But the internet has changed all of that.....
We are at a very interesting time, Inzider. The calm before the storm, or the deaththrows of philosophy and free thinking.... I don't know which way it will go..... Will the enlightened masses rise up? Or will the continuous drip drip drip of negative news quash one and all? Recent elections show the frustration, with hung parliaments and voters turning away from the 2 major parties...
People are looking..... But they can only look for so long before fight or flight kicks in.... Some are fighting now, you and me just talking about it instead of watching the block..... Modern day protestors are on the net, cos' the media portrays street protestors as scum.... The powers that be haven't figured out how to deal with the .com protestors yet..... Metadata laws may help them....
But anyway, inzo, I don't know about the ships full of "live humans".... Who will pay for the fuel? Who will supply the ships? Who will accept the cargo.... The ship full of jews turned back by the USA during ww2 comes to mind.... Perhaps we could bring in laws to stop people from travelling to certain parts of the world... Perhaps we could orchestrate disease and famine, and just not cover it in the media... If journos can't travel there, we wouldn't know a thing... And if we are doing a "mission" in that region, that is top secret, and laws are in place so that the media can't cover it, all is good... Right?... ;)

inzider's picture
inzider's picture
inzider Monday, 17 Nov 2014 at 7:15pm

Missing the block, now thats a paddlin. classic calls sheepdog. Mainstream brainwashed humans dont want to think anything other than fox new updates being the truth. I totally agree with your point about more saturated media coverage. well the capitlaist machine got me fucked for a few more years, however ,goal is to become as unlpugged as possible as fast as possible.

trippergreenfeet's picture
trippergreenfeet's picture
trippergreenfeet Monday, 17 Nov 2014 at 7:44pm

Money, that's what it's good for...have a listen to straight talking Putin's Valdai speech from a couple of weeks ago.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 27 Dec 2014 at 8:17pm

This is pretty rad if its real (biker gang taking on the islamic state) http://conservativetribune.com/bikers-fight-isis-for-kurds/

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Saturday, 27 Dec 2014 at 10:23pm

Strangely my first question is how did you come to the point of reading the " conservative tribune " !?!?
If it is true at what point and side of things does Sydney's motorcycle scene side with !?!

Shatner'sBassoon's picture
Shatner'sBassoon Tuesday, 6 Jan 2015 at 5:02pm
floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Tuesday, 6 Jan 2015 at 5:12pm

Yep, all this predates the west drawing lines on the maps after WW2 which is yet another illustration of the folly of that act.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Tuesday, 13 Jan 2015 at 6:46pm

"As media coverage focused on the Paris terror attacks last week, more than 2000 Nigerians were reported to have been killed by Islamist militants. What makes one massacre more newsworthy than another?"

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jan/12/-sp-boko-haram-attacks-nige...

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 13 Jan 2015 at 7:43pm

Can you point to Nigeria on a map Sheepy ? Honestly? No google .
Feel free to type everything you know about Nigeria and everything you know about France, then their interactions with Australia .

wingnut2443's picture
wingnut2443's picture
wingnut2443 Tuesday, 13 Jan 2015 at 7:56pm

Tin Foil hat warning ... again ;)

Just to refresh the historical significance:

Solar Cycle 3: 1777-1779
1776-1783 American Revolution

Solar Cycle 4: 1786-1788
1788-1791 French Revolution

Solar Cycle 5: 1803-1805
1803-1806 Napoleon conquers Europe

Solar Cycle 6: 1815-1817
1815-1817 Two wars to defeat Napoleon; German, English and
Serbian riots; Brazil, Chile and Argentina declare independence.

Solar Cycle 7: 1829-1831
1828-1832 Revolts in Turkey, Mexico, Belgium, Poland, France, Britain;
Virginia slave revolt; the Black underground railroad begins

Solar Cycle 8: 1836-1838
1837-1840 Constitutional revolts in Canada, slavery debate outlawed in US, Texas
Independence, Boer separatists occupy African lands, British-Afghan war;
Opium War

Solar Cycle 9: 1847-1849
1846-1848 Mexican War
1848-1851 Revolts and revolutions in Poland, Switzerland, Paris, Vienna, Berlin, Milan,
Venice, Naples, Prague, Budapest, Warsaw; US Mexican War starts; Taiping
Rebellion starts

Solar Cycle 10: 1859-1861
1861 American Civil War begins
1861-1865 Civil War in America, revolts in India, Italy, China

Solar Cycle 11: 1869-1871
1869-1870 Franco/Prussian War
1869-1872 Paris Revolutionary Commune

Solar Cycle 12: 1882-1884
1883-1886 Big US labor strikes, revolt in Sudan, First Indian Congress meets

Solar Cycle 13: 1892-1894
1893-1895 Zulu revolt, Cuban revolution

Solar Cycle 14: 1905-1907
1904-1905 Russo-Japanese War
1905-1908 first revolts begin in Russia

Solar Cycle 15: 1916-1918
1914-1918 First World War
1916-18 Irish and Indian revolts
1917 Russian Revolution
1919 The Atom is Split

Solar Cycle 16: 1927-1929
1926 Hitler in jail for NAZI’s attempted Munich Putsch, begins writing Mein Kampf
which outlines how he will lead Germany to make the world’s greatest power.
1927-1931 Mussolini and Hitler build power on economic unrest; revolt in Vienna and
China; formation of Red Army; Spanish Republic formed; mass civil
disobedience in India launches Ghandi’s campaign to free India

Solar Cycle 17: 1936-1938
1936-1939 Spanish Civil War, Germany and Japan start World War II

Solar Cycle 18: 1947-1949
1946-1949 Greek Civil War, India-Pakistan riots, Red Army wins China, Vietnam revolts
1948 Ghandi assassinated, Israel's War for Independence
1950-1953 Korean War

Solar Cycle 19: 1956-1958
1957 - 1960 Israel invades Sinai, Hungarian uprising, Cuban revolution, civil rights
movement begins in US, French-Algerian war, MauMau revolt, Iraq revolt,
1957 Vietnam War begins
1958 Eisenhower recession
1960-1961 Eisenhower warns of the danger of “shadows” in the unfettered military
industrial complex, Kennedy “race to the moon” begins

Solar Cycle 20: 1967-1969
1965- 1967 Haight-Ashbury Flower Children launch the hippie movement
1967-69 Height of Vietnam War, peace demonstrations, worldwide student uprisings,
Czechoslovakian uprising/USSR invasion, US inner city riots, Israeli Arab
war, Woodstock and height of hippy movement,
1968 Martin Luther King and Bobby Kennedy assassinated , first big anti-war
marches in US, first US inner city riots,

Solar Cycle 21: 1978-1980
1980 Iran-Iraq War begins (lasts until next peak in 1988)
1981 President. Sadat of Egypt assassinated
1982: Israel Invades S Lebanon, Falklands War

Solar Cycle 22: 1988-1990
1987-88 Palestinian Infiltada begins, Eastern European dissidents organize, USSR &
US sign missile treaty, USSR begins pullout from Afghanistan
1989 Tianamen Square Chinese student democracy movement crushed
1989 Protest and peaceful revolution in Eastern Bloc, dismantling of Berlin Wall,
1989-1992 Glasnost process begins dissolution of Soviet Union, end of Communist Party
domination; Communist Party coup in Russia fails
1989-91 End of apartheid in South Africa, beginnings of patriot and militia movements
in US, Somalia civil war, Yugoslavia begins slaughter in Bosnia, Sandinistas
lose Nicaraguan elections
1990 Mandela Released, East and West Germany Re-Unite
1990 Iraqi Troops Invade Kuwait
1991 The Gulf War; multi-national forces liberate Kuwait from Iraq, Balkan Civil
War begins as communist Yugoslavia collapses.

Solar Cycle 23: 1999-2001
1998-2000 Peace treaty in Northern Ireland, overthrow of Indonesia’s Suharto, Serbian-
KLA conflicts increase and US/ NATO decides to "resolve" conflict through
massive bombing of the whole nation, India-Pakistan skirmishes over Kashmir
increase; militias burn East Timor, drive people into camps in West Timor; big
demonstrations at WTO meeting in Seattle; rising religious strife in India and
Indonesia, increasing civil war in Sierra Leone and Sri Lanka; overthrow of
Milosevic in Serbia;
1999 Palestinian Infiltada re-commences after “virtual agreement” with Israel
2001 Attack on World Trade Center and Pentagon; War on Terrorism begins
2000-02 Peace treaty disrupted in Northern Ireland; land confiscations in Zimbabwe;
worldwide protests against WTO/IMF/World Bank in Seattle, Washington DC,
Prague, Goteborg, Quebec City, Genoa and other cities
2002-2003 Bush diverts War on Terrorism into personal vendetta against Saddam
Hussein, massive protests demonstrate against Iraq war

Cut n paste from here: http://www.michaelmandeville.com/earthchanges/gallery/Sun/Sunspot_Cycles...

Can you guess what Sunspot Cycle 24 has produced?

:)

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Tuesday, 13 Jan 2015 at 9:13pm

food fight in West Brisbane shopping mall food hall ?

wingnut2443's picture
wingnut2443's picture
wingnut2443 Wednesday, 14 Jan 2015 at 7:33am
southey wrote:

food fight in West Brisbane shopping mall food hall ?

Ah .... maybe?

Fuck, do I have to spell it out ... ???

Think on an international scale.

... and NO, although it's disturbing, it's not a Brazilian World Surfing Champion!

:)

ACB__'s picture
ACB__'s picture
ACB__ Wednesday, 14 Jan 2015 at 9:52am

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=762911663783227

An interesting conspiracy theory in France... I was pretty shocked when I saw that this guy is seemingly not actually shot.....

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Wednesday, 14 Jan 2015 at 11:18am

Hmmmm, ACB.... That is interesting.... Hey blowin, don't beat around the bush.. Just say 12 white cartoonists and media exposure on their deaths is waaaaaay more important than 2000 negro's being butchered.... If it was ebola, well........ ;)

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Wednesday, 14 Jan 2015 at 11:39am

I'm really just trying get to the pointy end of you're reasoning . Is it that the West is purely rascist because Nigeria didn't receive the same level of attention ? That secretly EVERYONE hates black people ?

It's all a matter of relativity. Australia has a long and involved history with France, unlike Nigeria.

So if media and public reaction is subdued, it's because it seems abstract. People know nothing about Nigeria.

You couldn't even locate it on a map.

If your cousin was in a car accident would it have more impact than if a stranger was in a car accident ? Of course.

Everyone knows what happened in Nigeria, no one condones it.

Are you also raging against the lack of Nigerian content in the Chinese and Inuit media. Or do you just hate the West ?

What would be your stance on the option of sending Australian troops to Nigeria ?

Shatner'sBassoon Wednesday, 14 Jan 2015 at 11:59am

blah blah blah...here's a friggin' clue why 'the West' acts as they do!

From Paul Lafargue in 1887 (AND a black Jewish Cuban immigrant Frenchman to boot!):

“We need religion to curb the masses. But what religion? It must be a new religion. Now, then, the only religion that answers the requirements of our days is the Religion of Capital. Capital is the true, only and omnipotent God. He manifests Himself in everything. He is found in glittering gold and in stinking guano; in a herd of cattle and in a cargo of coffee; in brilliant stores that offer sacred literature for sale and in obscure booths of lewd pictures; in gigantic machines, made of hardest steel, and in elegant rubber goods. He is everywhere. Capital is the God whom the whole world knows, sees, smells, tastes. He is sensible to all our senses. He is the only God that has not yet run against an atheist. The Priest Solomon worshipped Him after everything else seemed vanity to him; the Philosopher Schopenhauer was greatly drawn to Him even after he was disappointed in everything else; Herbert Spencer, in the midst of all his philosophic perplexities, was not perplexed about that subject; and Bob Ingersoll, who mocked everything else, mocked not Him.”

“CAPITAL IS GOD!”

“HE KNOWS NO POLITICAL BOUNDARIES NOR NATIONALITIES; NO RACE NOR SEX; HE IS THE INTERNATIONAL GOD, THE GOD OF US ALL!”

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Wednesday, 14 Jan 2015 at 12:31pm
Shatner'sBassoon wrote:

blah blah blah...here's a friggin' clue why 'the West' acts as they do!

From Paul Lafargue in 1887 (AND a black Jewish Cuban immigrant Frenchman to boot!):

“We need religion to curb the masses. But what religion? It must be a new religion. Now, then, the only religion that answers the requirements of our days is the Religion of Capital. Capital is the true, only and omnipotent God. He manifests Himself in everything. He is found in glittering gold and in stinking guano; in a herd of cattle and in a cargo of coffee; in brilliant stores that offer sacred literature for sale and in obscure booths of lewd pictures; in gigantic machines, made of hardest steel, and in elegant rubber goods. He is everywhere. Capital is the God whom the whole world knows, sees, smells, tastes. He is sensible to all our senses. He is the only God that has not yet run against an atheist. The Priest Solomon worshipped Him after everything else seemed vanity to him; the Philosopher Schopenhauer was greatly drawn to Him even after he was disappointed in everything else; Herbert Spencer, in the midst of all his philosophic perplexities, was not perplexed about that subject; and Bob Ingersoll, who mocked everything else, mocked not Him.”

“CAPITAL IS GOD!”

“HE KNOWS NO POLITICAL BOUNDARIES NOR NATIONALITIES; NO RACE NOR SEX; HE IS THE INTERNATIONAL GOD, THE GOD OF US ALL!”

Sorry mate. I'm not making the connection. How is it that the west acts that others don't ?
You think Nigerians aren't capitalists ?