Tricky Tony - No policies, No costings, No mandate

floyd's picture
floyd started the topic in Tuesday, 3 Sep 2013 at 6:26pm

Borrowed from The Age today but it says it all.

He has banged on for 3 years about how untruthful Labor is yet Tricky Tony refuses to "come clean with the Australian public" (to borrow one of his own terms) about what his government will do to the budget and current policies.

salt's picture
salt's picture
salt Tuesday, 3 Sep 2013 at 7:49pm

I love the way labor are wasting their money advertising on here, preaching to a left leaning crowd in my opinion. Oh well more dollars for Ben and the boys is a good thing. labor really know how to spend money wisely.lets all send Rudd five bucks so he can waste that as well. That sounds like a good policy

bushido's picture
bushido's picture
bushido Tuesday, 3 Sep 2013 at 9:20pm

Voting Labor or Liberal makes you a doorknob.

I can predict the future the next party that gets in office brings out some new tax that's not actually called a "tax".
Cost of living rises, people work longer hours, wage increases are not proportionate to inflation and the banks make record profits.

America invade some third world country rife with poverty and bomb the shit out of it yet everyone forgets the lies of weapons of mass destruction and believes their latest fantasy story. Also their banks have financial interests in their military industrial complex and our coward government goes right along with it but is so stupid it loses billion$ of dollars while the rich Americans that own the companys that make all the military products triple their already trillions of dollars and rape all the natural resources and sell them to us for top dollar.
They will sell us over priced crap military gear as well for a favor.

Meanwhile millions of sheep watch channel 9 news and discuss the petty semantics of whether to vote left or right.
Vote both of them out or continue the cycle of bullshit, anything else is worth a go.
Everyone is brainwashed into believing that they're needed or the sky will fall.
It won't the infrastructure is already in place.

redbeard's picture
redbeard's picture
redbeard Tuesday, 3 Sep 2013 at 11:11pm

my plan is to get up early saturday go for a surf forget about voting but try not to forget to go get my name checked off as a loyal voter at the nearest polling place so i dont get a fine. I'll wake up sunday and life will go on unless of course by some crazy twist of protest vote fate clive palmer becomes prime minister.

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Wednesday, 4 Sep 2013 at 6:08am

That sounds like a real plan redbeard, stand in a line for half an hour or more and then not spend another 5 minutes placing your vote and having a say in who runs our country.

redbeard's picture
redbeard's picture
redbeard Wednesday, 4 Sep 2013 at 8:02am

no lines where i live shaun it wont take long to upset people but your right i wont have a say on who is running the country i'll leave that to the major media players and big business i have no faith in our government to look after us regardless who is steering the ship.

raku's picture
raku's picture
raku Wednesday, 4 Sep 2013 at 9:09am

Liberals do have a National Broadband Policy see attached link
http://howfastisthenbn.com.au/

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Wednesday, 4 Sep 2013 at 9:13am

A fair amount of it is who is representing your local area in parliament, so it can affect you then. Your right, it doesn't who's steering the ship so much, but you need to have a good look at your local member because you may need him/her one day. I'm sure the boat people who have the right to vote through there new citizenship wont be wasting there's.

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Wednesday, 4 Sep 2013 at 11:23am

Scot Morrison has confirmed that under "Operation Sovereign Boarders" the arrival of a refugee boat may be considered confidential operational information and the public may never hear about it.

What? Stop the boats by not telling the public .... now that is tricky.

salt's picture
salt's picture
salt Wednesday, 4 Sep 2013 at 1:22pm

Floyd, if you havn't looked at this site you should. It will give you heaps of ammo, but hey be balanced tell both sides if that is possible......Floyd.

http://www.politifact.com.au/

This is no right wing site, it is independant and just one of the organisations that are checking the truth in statements made by the politicians in this election.
Rudd has been found to be one of the worst offenders when it comes to telling lies, and when he is caught out he doesn't stop, he continues to preach it, to get maximum effect, even if it is a lie.
Abbott fairs better but still not the greatest.
The greens on the other hand look like they tell the truth more often than not.
Great site, real eye opener.

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Wednesday, 4 Sep 2013 at 10:14pm

Wish I could vote for Nick X.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Thursday, 5 Sep 2013 at 9:27am

Abbott wants to enlist a 'Green Army' of enviro-enthused youths to build seawalls? And he calls himself a surfer..?

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/mayors-not-i...

yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer Thursday, 5 Sep 2013 at 10:38am

I'm surprised Tony has borrowed the name for his "army" from the despised Greens?
I would have thought something like "Abbott Youth" would have been closer to Heir Tony's political values?

ksurf's picture
ksurf's picture
ksurf Thursday, 5 Sep 2013 at 12:53pm