Adriano Munro

Blowin's picture
Blowin started the topic in Sunday, 21 Jun 2015 at 4:59pm

Adriano Desousa is always saying that Trent Munro is his favourite surfer.

Fair enough, Munro rips.

But , being slow on the uptake, I've only just realised how uncannily similar their styles are.

Check that shit out if you care to.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 21 Jun 2015 at 5:02pm

News flash ! !

Surfers with extremely similar styles.

Don't just believe me ,hear what the professionals have to say ....

"Wow" - Martin Potter ( World Champion 1989 )

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Sunday, 21 Jun 2015 at 5:39pm

Very similar styles
Anyone ever see the Oneill 'smash it up' vid, with Munro absolutely shredding in the Ments....little man big man turns.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 21 Jun 2015 at 6:01pm

Munro destroys it.

I recently enjoyed a vid of TM smashing Angourie , filmed by Monty Webber under the title of Five North Swells . Worth a watch on YouTube for sure.

Also recommend an Andy Irons tribute clip , by the same name, on YouTube .

It goes for about 25 minutes I think , although I tapped out at about 5 min as is my attention span on a tablet.

He was 3 times world champ for a reason.

So many amazing surfers and inspirational surfing....

PS -Monty Webber ..... if you're out there mate, cheers for your contributions to Aussie surf culture.

Always interesting and entertaining. Not to mention humorous .

One of the unsung legends of the community for sure. Well done.

If anyone is in cahoots with Mr Webber then please thank him for all the stories and movies over the years if you don't mind.

If I'm not mistaken it was Monty threading that incredible triple(?) barrel at G Land at the start of Billabong's "Surf into summer " surf flick that prompted the seppo narrator to state that " Only a surfer knows the feeling".

Too true. Sick wave cobber .

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Sunday, 21 Jun 2015 at 9:05pm

Trent Munro segment of 5 nth swells is on Vimeo.

monty61's picture
monty61's picture
monty61 Monday, 22 Jun 2015 at 10:17am

Hey Blowin! Stoked! A friend texted me your comment. Thanks mate! It has been such a pleasure to be a surfer and surf documenter for this life, a real privilege when you consider getting to video the likes of Trent Munro etc. I really love my work and am so happy you have found it entertaining. Cheers mate! Mont.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Monday, 22 Jun 2015 at 10:58am

Here's Trent De Munro's segment from 'Five North Swells'. You've only gotta see one wave and, by jove, Blowin and Pottz are on the money. It's uncanny...

Great clip, great surfing.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Monday, 22 Jun 2015 at 11:18am

Just found Monte61s barrel on youtube.....1984 classic pit.......is also in reverse and looks like Sanur.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Monday, 22 Jun 2015 at 11:25am

And this...

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 22 Jun 2015 at 7:47pm

Nice to see you got the message Monty.

Cheers Legend, it was always cool to see your name tagged onto a story as you knew it would be a good one. Enjoyed your Random rogues and ratbag tales book as well.

Hope you're getting a few sets.

Cheers Stu and Udo.

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Monday, 22 Jun 2015 at 8:37pm

Fucking hell that surfing has aged well. Power hacks for the ages.
Wonder what equipment he was riding there, sure looked good through a carving turn.

Trent is running Carve sunnies in Aus these days. Still rips, got shunted off the Tour way too soon.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Monday, 22 Jun 2015 at 8:51pm

Footage from around 1998-99 was sponsored by Webber back then ? lots of rocker in that board...decent kick in last foot of tail.

EDIT: 3 different boards surfed in that vid

monty61's picture
monty61's picture
monty61 Wednesday, 24 Jun 2015 at 7:11am

To true udo, hey send me your address Blowin and I will send you a fee copy of my new book of short stories 'Tripping Yarns' should send one to Stu to.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Wednesday, 24 Jun 2015 at 9:35am

monty61 wrote:

To true udo, hey send me your address Blowin and I will send you a fee copy of my new book of short stories 'Tripping Yarns' should send one to Stu to.

Be great if you could Mont. Best address is the office:

Lvl 5/8 West Street
North Sydney, NSW, 2060

Cheers,
Stu

finback's picture
finback's picture
finback Wednesday, 24 Jun 2015 at 10:03am

Howzit Monty? When does your new book "Tripping Yarns" hit the bookstores?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 25 Jun 2015 at 9:18pm

Sounds unreal Monty.

If you could send it to 16 Russel Street Arakoon 2431 NSW and address it to Karen then she will make sure I get it when I pass through in the not so distant future.

Can't wait to read it.

Cheers mate.

monty61's picture
monty61's picture
monty61 Tuesday, 30 Jun 2015 at 6:43am

Thanks Guys, cheers. Actually I am organising a book launch for later this week in Bondi. Will keep you 'posted' PS Love my Freudian slip of misspelling 'free' as 'fee', haha.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Tuesday, 30 Jun 2015 at 12:32pm

monty61 wrote:

Thanks Guys, cheers. Actually I am organising a book launch for later this week in Bondi.

Let me know if you'd like it posted on our FB page.