cyclone quang

caml's picture
caml started the topic in Saturday, 2 May 2015 at 11:13am

did cyclone quang create big swell ?

caml's picture
caml's picture
caml Saturday, 2 May 2015 at 11:15am

yesterday morning I checked a surf forecast for Exmouth and gnaraloo . Exmouth swell size was reading 7 metres . what was the swellnet forecast predicting ? and what really happened ?

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Saturday, 2 May 2015 at 11:24am

jesus.... That was quick :)

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Saturday, 2 May 2015 at 11:27am
caml's picture
caml's picture
caml Saturday, 2 May 2015 at 11:36am

nice work sheepd ,I did see that one . can wellymon call up his captain off Exmouth and get the realtime buoy stats ?

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Saturday, 2 May 2015 at 12:33pm

haha Caml,
Will try, but that job has been canned for now:(... Timor sea for the next 6 months.
I managed to get the (Enfield,production area) link for the wave buoys up there, but can only log on whilst being on a Woodside computer out there.

Will email Captain Dan and see what I can find out, I'm sure the Nganhurra would of sailed away from that cyclone... Geez they're happening pretty late in the year....?

Maybe that wave with 250m paddle, big left could've been cranking, you know where Caml;)

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Saturday, 2 May 2015 at 12:59pm

Caml, just had a look at BOM obs......... Very useless....... No sea height, no swell, no period....... One would expect better....

caml's picture
caml's picture
caml Saturday, 2 May 2015 at 2:07pm

Welly the x bommie wouldnt have been i doubt . .the north swell lights up other areas tho . Great if captain dan has a buoy reading .

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Saturday, 2 May 2015 at 2:24pm

Can't find his email champ, sorry;(
Will try others tho.