The Australian Surf Movie Festival is on again.
For the first time in three years, the amaysim Australian Surf Movie Festival will return to venues across Australia in November and December.
The films feature an array of the world’s best big wave riders, including: Kai Lenny, Rodrigo Koxa, Matahi Drollet, Ross Clarke-Jones, Dan Corbett, Bradley Norris, Henry Davies, Shane Ackerman, Jake Osman and many more, battling the biggest waves on the planet.
Tim Bonython has spent the last four years chasing massive swell events for this year's festival. It is an adventure that has taken him around the globe. The footage he's collected records includes some of the most groundbreaking moment in recent big wave surfing memory. The five short films were filmed during XXL swells at:
- The Right
Together these five films make up the 14th Edition of the festival.
The festival promises to bring audiences to the edge of their seats, injecting viewers with a much needed dose of awe and adrenaline. It’s what Tim’s done for decades, and with a stellar cast of hardcore chargers and spine-tingling swells, this year’s festival might just be the best one yet.
- PREMIERE CREMORNE Hayden Orpheum TUES 10 NOV 6:30PM
- RANDWICK The Randwick Ritz WED 11 NOV 6:30PM
- NEWCASTLE Lizottes THURS 12 NOV 7PM
- KOTARA/ NEWCASTLE Event Cinemas SAT 14 NOV 5PM
- AVOCA BEACH Avoca Beach Picture theatre SUN 15 NOV 7PM
- BYRON BAY Byron Theatre THUR 19 NOV 7 PM
- TWEED Hoyts Tweed City WED 18 NOV 6:30PM
- SAWTELL Majestic Sawtell cinema SAT 21 NOV 4:30PM
- PORT MACQUARIE Majestic Port Macquarie Cinema SUN 22 NOV 4:30PM
- CRONULLA Hoyts cinema WED 25 NOV 6:30PM
- WARRAWONG (Kembla, Wollongong, Shellharbour , Kiama area) Gala Twin Cinema THUR 26 NOV 7PM
- ULLADULLA Arcadia Cinemas FRI 27 NOV 4:30PM and 6:30PM
- FREMANTLE / PERTH Hoyts cinema TUES 8 and WED 9 DEC 6:30PM
- ADELAIDE Mercury Cinema SAT 12 DEC 4:30PM and 7PM
- GLENELG Event cinemas SUN 13 DEC 4PM
- BRISBANE Cineplex IMAX screen ! WED 16 DEC
- NOOSA Event Cinemas THU 17 DEC 6:30PM
- NERANG Cineplex cinema FRI