For sale - 1 x Surfer Hipster Starter Pack

stunet's picture
stunet started the topic in Wednesday, 22 Jan 2014 at 9:19pm

For sale on eBay now, one Surf Hipster Starter Pack. Six days till auction, click to see the current bid.

hipster_certified_copy.jpg

OLD MATE's picture
OLD MATE's picture
OLD MATE Thursday, 23 Jan 2014 at 1:16am

Phuckun awesome, I really want that one pair of tight shorts and tattoo voucher.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Thursday, 23 Jan 2014 at 8:18am

Haha epic!

owgoodaquads's picture
owgoodaquads's picture
owgoodaquads Thursday, 23 Jan 2014 at 12:32pm

Classic!! No beavertail wetsuit though.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Thursday, 23 Jan 2014 at 2:01pm

current bid is $1065 with 6 days remaining......so whats a true hipster gonna pay for this outfit ?
4k plus ?
overseas buyer.......a cool seppo hipster with a good $ u.s. exchange.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Thursday, 23 Jan 2014 at 2:05pm

I'd bid for the Frank Williams as a stand alone. He shaped me some absolute gems in that era. One board I remember taking to Bali and surfing it on everything from tiny Legian to massive Outside Corner.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Thursday, 23 Jan 2014 at 2:21pm

blindboy and what would be your max bid for the Williams only

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Thursday, 23 Jan 2014 at 2:57pm

I would need some more info. Dimensions? Existing damage?

ACB__'s picture
ACB__'s picture
ACB__ Friday, 24 Jan 2014 at 8:58am

I'd Kill for the MP's Morning of the Earth

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Friday, 24 Jan 2014 at 9:14am

Well, just quietly ACB, I've also got a signed copy of the MOTE album, and I've also got a few enemies.

Perhaps we should talk?

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Friday, 24 Jan 2014 at 11:59am

Got a restored HB Frank Williams here, what a shape, almost be worth a bid for that as a standalone prospect... You had them shaped at the time BB, wow, that's amazing. Any highlights you remember - was yours a wing swallow, single to double concave? That's the engine room of a modern surfboard in those HB's, nearly 40 years ago now...

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Friday, 24 Jan 2014 at 1:26pm

The best one was a 6'5" single wing round tail. I had a whole series of similar designs from him ranging from 6'0" , I think, up to 6'10. Surfed them all up and down the east coast from Bells to the Gold Coast as well as the one I took to Bali. He was one of a generation of really quiet unassuming shapers that included people like Paul Connors at Croziers and Barry King at McDonagh's great craftsman who always had time to listen to your ideas and talk you through the design.

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Friday, 24 Jan 2014 at 3:00pm

Nice BB :) mine's the same length with wing swallow. The old shapers are my heroes in surfing & boards like this inspired me to learn to shape all those years ago. Might have to wax it up and take it for a spin! As a very interesting aside, design seems to be converging and the outline/rocker/volumes of the 1970's that most surfers could ride are coming back - only with the modern advances such as fin clusters, proper concave work, refined rails and edges that suit these, and the slight flip in the nose rather than the 'beak'. The underside and back end of wide tail fish today is really not too far off my HB...

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Friday, 24 Jan 2014 at 3:34pm

Velocity I was watching one of the locals rip down the line on what looked like a 5'4" yesterday.........and we last had boards of that length in 1970 from memory. What goes around comes around but it has taken a bloody long time in this case.

ben-colyer's picture
ben-colyer's picture
ben-colyer Friday, 24 Jan 2014 at 5:24pm

No Leggies allowed! Stretch knit board covers?

toneranger's picture
toneranger's picture
toneranger Monday, 27 Jan 2014 at 8:04am

killer kit.I've still got 2 x 1972 Trigger bros. window decals.you know transparent A Frame breaking in the middle middle with 2 dolphins jumping out of the water.when they invent a rear windscreen that can be transferred car to car the're goin on

toneranger's picture
toneranger's picture
toneranger Monday, 27 Jan 2014 at 8:10am
toneranger wrote:

killer kit.I've still got 2 x 1972 Trigger bros. window decals.you know transparent A Frame breaking in the middle with 2 dolphins jumping out of the water.when they invent a rear windscreen that can be transferred car to car the're goin on

spicsnspecs's picture
spicsnspecs's picture
spicsnspecs Monday, 27 Jan 2014 at 8:48am

Dick Van Stralen makes nice boards and I bet that single fin he made for rasta goes pretty good!

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Monday, 27 Jan 2014 at 11:10am

@toneranger, any screenprinter can scan those trigger bros stickers and reprint even touch up areas if there not in a1 cond.

toneranger's picture
toneranger's picture
toneranger Monday, 27 Jan 2014 at 7:27pm

thanks udo.maybe i should talk to paul or phil about some retro T SHIRTS

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Monday, 27 Jan 2014 at 8:24pm

$2000 and 26 bids with a day to go...

Surfed my HB today BB, took youngest grom out in some beaut clear 1-2ft beachies, and got a surprisingly good wave on it! The weight permitted it to plough on through flat spots, paddle was not as easy as I thought it would be, and it did a 40m left with turn around foam and 3 hits before a kickout, gotta say I'm happy with that. Grom took takeoff of the day however ;)

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Monday, 27 Jan 2014 at 8:29pm

I have something interesting for those interested in HBs coming up soon velocityjohnno.

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Monday, 27 Jan 2014 at 9:16pm

Excellent!

ACB__'s picture
ACB__'s picture
ACB__ Tuesday, 28 Jan 2014 at 11:07am
stunet wrote:

Well, just quietly ACB, I've also got a signed copy of the MOTE album, and I've also got a few enemies.

Perhaps we should talk?

You're on... Have you read Sean Doherty's MP book? Its unbelievable! Sad story but told very well.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Thursday, 30 Jan 2014 at 4:16pm

Auction has closed. 26 bids and $2000 for the winning bid!

Not bad for four boards, a couple of photos, and a beard trimmer.