2022 Election

blindboy's picture
blindboy started the topic in Saturday, 13 Nov 2021 at 7:46am

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Sunday, 28 Aug 2022 at 1:40pm

"...Country Liberals Senator Jacinta Nampijinpa Price later spoke out, calling the PM’s publicity stunt “clueless and out of touch”..."

"...She said the act was “shallow”..."

sure came across that way, whatever the intentions...

lobor still love the cult of celebrity... despite it seemingly bighting them on the bum several times now...

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 28 Aug 2022 at 2:15pm
sypkan wrote:

"...Country Liberals Senator Jacinta Nampijinpa Price later spoke out, calling the PM’s publicity stunt “clueless and out of touch”..."

lobor still love the cult of celebrity... despite it seemingly bighting them on the bum several times now...

Wasn’t it Shaq that approached Albo ? Happy to be corrected. https://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/why-labor-has-recruited-retired-nba-... Explaining why Labor had recruited an American sporting celebrity for the campaign, Ms Burney said O'Neal's representatives had reached out to "specifically talk about the plans" in relation to the referendum.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 28 Aug 2022 at 6:03pm
Supafreak wrote:
sypkan wrote:

Wasn’t it Shaq that approached Albo ? Happy to be corrected. https://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/why-labor-has-recruited-retired-nba-... Explaining why Labor had recruited an American sporting celebrity for the campaign, Ms Burney said O'Neal's representatives had reached out to "specifically talk about the plans" in relation to the referendum.

Even if you're naive enough to believe he approached Albo instead of the other way around, the majority of Aussies are never going react well to someone from another country trying to influence our politics especially.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 28 Aug 2022 at 6:29pm
indo-dreaming wrote:
Supafreak wrote:
sypkan wrote:

Even if you're naive enough to believe he approached Albo instead of the other way around, the majority of Aussies are never going react well to someone from another country trying to influence our politics especially.

I’m a bit surprised you haven’t been posting on here earlier indo , defending your second favourite PM , anyway believe what ya like ……… Indigenous Affairs Minister Linda Burney told the news conference that O’Neal had requested to be involved and described the mission for change as “a noble task”.

Albanese said O’Neal, a four-time NBA champion, had a track record in the United States of working for social justice and “uplifting people who are marginalized.” https://news.google.com/__i/rss/rd/articles/CBMidWh0dHBzOi8vd3d3LnJldXRl...

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Sunday, 28 Aug 2022 at 6:44pm

https://m.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Sunday, 28 Aug 2022 at 6:44pm

https://m.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 28 Aug 2022 at 6:54pm

Good job

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Sunday, 28 Aug 2022 at 7:26pm
GuySmiley wrote:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QQzdhJku8ds

Watched Insiders this morning... Scotty not getting much support from anyone now. Think many once who supported him are going to be turning on him very soon, reckon we are just getting started with finding out the shitfuckery he got up to. Cannot use 'I don't agree with the premise' in front of a judge....

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Sunday, 28 Aug 2022 at 8:06pm

"Even if you're naive enough to believe he approached Albo instead of the other way around, the majority of Aussies are never going react well to someone from another country trying to influence our politics especially."
Ever heard of Rupert Murdoch, US citizen, owns 70% of our print media? Tries every day to influence our politics and does.
How about giving us your thoughts on Morrison in light of the secret ministries and undermining our Constitution revelations, how does that 'golden era' stack up now Indo?

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Sunday, 28 Aug 2022 at 9:52pm

listened to insiders, apparently the shaq approached them - good

and he's not even getting payed - better

but even they couldn't resist commenting on how shallow and out of place his little 'impromtu' (but contrived) walk out appeared...

and that he appears in gambling ads etc...

their justification was he appeals to a certain non abc watching, non politically engaged audience...

fair enough

and, maybe...

looked cheap, out of place, and gratuitous to me

soggydog's picture
soggydog's picture
soggydog Sunday, 28 Aug 2022 at 11:24pm
adam12 wrote:

"Even if you're naive enough to believe he approached Albo instead of the other way around, the majority of Aussies are never going react well to someone from another country trying to influence our politics especially."
Ever heard of Rupert Murdoch, US citizen, owns 70% of our print media? Tries every day to influence our politics and does.
How about giving us your thoughts on Morrison in light of the secret ministries and undermining our Constitution revelations, how does that 'golden era' stack up now Indo?

Crickets, but Jacinta Price fawning over the Murdochs at the IPA, American media moguls “giving her a ( well scripted ) voice”. Top dogs!

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Monday, 29 Aug 2022 at 12:09am

Scomo's [L] Jobs Jobs Jobs...just round one!
Albo claimed Scomo delayed calling election to rig up yet more Jobs.
"Surely there are no [L] left to appoint to these boards?"

[L] saw the writing on the wall & Scomo strategically seeded Oz boards..
Albo is pretty much paralyzed each'n'every move he makes...ruled & reviewed by [L] Boards.
These Boards need only feed press releases of Albo's failings...& get paid by Taxpayers.

Nov 2021 > April 2022 Scomo stacked 30 former ministers / Donors to tax funded appointments.
ALP accused Scomo of the same pre : 2019 election.
2013 -2022 [L] stacked 85 [L] in AAT Administrative Appeals Tribunal

Oct 2021 CSIRO (3 Yrs)
National Museum (3 yrs)

Nov 2021 Human Rights Commissioner (3rd [L] appointment since 2013) Can Trigger ALP downgrade!

Dec 2022 National Film & Sound Archive 2x 3 yrs
1st Regional Education Commissioner
High Commissioner to Canada
Olympic Committee

Jan 2022 Australian Fisheries (5 yr)

March 2022 Productivity Commissioner (5yr)
Govt Think Tank (5 yr)
NDIAB (Disabilty Agency)
Australian Strategic Policy Institute 3x Jobs
Federal Court Judge

April 2022 Angus Appointments ...
AREA Board > Advisor J. Hirjee + A.Matysek (Alp climate critic)
CEFC Board > Oz biggest power consumer Matt Howell (Aluminium)

Productivity Commission
Arts Council
National Portrait Gallery
Australia Council
Murray River Panel
Murray Darling Basin was gifted to the Head of Oil & Gas Lobby APPEA
Snowy Hydro 2x appointments ( 3 years)
Australia Post Director (3 years)
Australian War Memorial
Head of National Suicide

Big Mouthed Cash Cow appointed 6 [L] to the AAT which rates Govt "Albo's" Decisions
Somehow 19 were appointed to AAT during last minute golden handshake!
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2022/apr/09/government-defend...

March-May Albo turns a blind eye to Scomo's MMI $1.3b Secret Stash of My own Industry Portfolio Grants...not his!
Albo just shakes his head...next yer gonna tell me...It's all above board...FFS "Spew!" ... Please make it stop!
How many more of these...secret $Billion Portfolio stashes?
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-08-26/morrison-government-industry-gran...

Not sure how deep Scomo's to do pile is...expect bucket loads more shit to come!
The bloke never stops with his Backdoor off the hinges...goin' back for more sultanas! Bloody Hell!

PS :
Lest we forget the Pretend PM medal Ceremony to Japanese Sect Leader during 1st week of Parliament.
Can't wait for Scomo's Sick Note for one last minute power trip! OMG! ... Pass tbb that popcorn or the bucket...

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Monday, 29 Aug 2022 at 10:16am

shoutout to the CCP and friends

smart people playing dumb people like a cheap fiddle

https://www.macrobusiness.com.au/2022/08/china-siphons-aussie-gas-to-eur...

tens of millions of profit, nice arbitrage if you can get it

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Monday, 29 Aug 2022 at 10:39am

This appointment was Scomo’s dirtiest grubbiest https://www.afr.com/politics/federal/former-liberal-mp-sophie-mirabella-...

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Monday, 29 Aug 2022 at 10:40am

This appointment was Scomo’s dirtiest grubbiest https://www.afr.com/politics/federal/former-liberal-mp-sophie-mirabella-...

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Monday, 29 Aug 2022 at 11:04am

Lidia Thorpe on Shaquille O’Neil -

“He’s putting his nose into business that has nothing to do with him. He does not understand what is going on in this country, and he should not be commenting,” the Victorian senator said.

“I mean, he’s here for a speaking tour, good on him. But he’s also here for Pointsbet, which is about gambling, which is about destroying families.

“We have bigger issues in this country that we’d like Shaq to understand and know about, rather than think a conversation with the Labor Party is going to put him in good stead to win fans or win votes.

“It’s an insult. It’s actually an insult.”

Well said.

Albo should be embarrassed.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Monday, 29 Aug 2022 at 11:38am

I wonder how the majority of indigenous Australians feel about shaq coming in to bat for a yes vote ?

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Monday, 29 Aug 2022 at 12:25pm

Scotty being “ loose with the truth “ yet again https://www.news.com.au/national/politics/scott-morrison-leaves-taxpayer....

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Monday, 29 Aug 2022 at 3:20pm
Supafreak wrote:

I’m a bit surprised you haven’t been posting on here earlier indo , defending your second favourite PM , anyway believe what ya like ………/

Ive moved on and so has 90% of Australia, only people that havent is airbus Albo and the 10% of die hard Labor voters and pf course media.

But the rest of Australia is more concerned about the now and the future especially cost of living and inflation and promises Albo made at the election like reduction in energy bills.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Monday, 29 Aug 2022 at 4:11pm

I like how you speak for “ 90% of australia “yesterday it was the “ majority of Aussies “ where do you get this information ? Or do you just make statements and believe them to be true because you made them ?

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Monday, 29 Aug 2022 at 4:41pm

Info’s approach to a decade of incompetence, deception and corruption

9-B6022-BF-2-A79-4-DB0-9005-E69-FF0-FF682-D

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Monday, 29 Aug 2022 at 4:44pm

You have to make generally observations some how, these days the best way to do this is to see what everyday people are saying under mainstream news articles or social media, im not talking about what the fringes are saying like Sky or the Guardian or even the ABC we always know what people commenting in these places will say, im talking news outlets where its just everyday people who are not overly political where there is a fairly balanced mix of moderate Labor & LNP voters or true swing voters

A year ago the majority of comments under any Scomo or Government related article from these mainstream news outlets tended to be mostly negative comments about Scomo or the Government.

However now even these Scomo related articles are very heavily dominated by comments criticising Albo and the current government, which really makes complete sense, because most normal people are interested in current governments and what they are going to do for us and are concerned about the here and now, its only the fringes that are the type's that are concerned with X PM's and seeking some kind of revenge.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Monday, 29 Aug 2022 at 5:08pm

Scott Morrison will be making headlines for the next year or two , that’s my prediction/opinion . I think Albo and Labor are doing a reasonable job in their first 100 days but the oil/gas exploration is very very disappointing and needs some explanation about why they are allowing this to happen. They also need to rethink their 3rd stage tax concessions as this money can fund areas like health and education that need bigger funding. Albo’s explanation at the NPC to why they were going ahead with it didn’t come across as a good reason . He also needs to do something about the gas problem. They certainly have a big mess to try and clean up for the incompetence of the last decade and they haven’t fixed up everything in 100 days . See where we are in 1000 days .

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Monday, 29 Aug 2022 at 5:13pm
GuySmiley wrote:

Info’s approach to a decade of incompetence, deception and corruption

9-B6022-BF-2-A79-4-DB0-9005-E69-FF0-FF682-D

Reckon Indo could be on IPA or LNP payroll.... Only real explanation for his views that are expressed here. One eyed supporter and uses the same language when discussing the same topics of the LNP talking points of the day.
Airbus Albo. Pfft.

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Monday, 29 Aug 2022 at 5:17pm
Supafreak wrote:

Scott Morrison will be making headlines for the next year or two , that’s my prediction/opinion . I think Albo and Labor are doing a reasonable job in their first 100 days but the oil/gas exploration is very very disappointing and needs some explanation about why they are allowing this to happen. They also need to rethink their 3rd stage tax concessions as this money can fund areas like health and education that need bigger funding. Albo’s explanation at the NPC to why they were going ahead with it didn’t come across as a good reason . He also needs to do something about the gas problem. They certainly have a big mess to try and clean up for the incompetence of the last decade and they haven’t fixed up everything in 100 days . See where we are in 1000 days .

Hopefully Morrison and a few of his colleagues are in jail by then.... ICAC I reckon will show there have been laws broken. Let's wait and see....

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Monday, 29 Aug 2022 at 5:20pm

Serious question indo , now that Scumo has been exposed , do you still wish he had won the election ?

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Monday, 29 Aug 2022 at 6:43pm

1000 days from now, fuck thats a scary thought.

My predictions are:

- Interest rates will be much higher.
- Housing wont be any more affordable to buy or rent but a lot of people will be in negative equity.
- Energy prices wont be cheaper and much more likely to be higher and more unreliable than now.
- Unemployment rates will have gone up from current record lows (thanks to previous government)
- Inflation might still be a problem or general affordability of goods and services.
-If we have another thing like Covid the way Labor tackle's it will see much more government control over your life.

The real question is will we have another true recession like in the early 90s by then???

Either way life wont be any better than what its been for the last 20-30 years.

In regard to your last question as I've said many times my heart wanted LNP to win the last election, my head said long term it would be better not too, it was always a win win.

BTW. In regard to gas and oil thing, i actually see that as a tick, it actually showed that despite what they say , that end of the day they aren't going to be totally irresponsible and ignore reality.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Monday, 29 Aug 2022 at 6:34pm

I stand corrected

Info with his head in the sand wanting more Scomo reamings

BB3-A355-A-5-FBA-4385-9-E49-E5-FA5-EEE15-E4

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Monday, 29 Aug 2022 at 6:34pm

I stand corrected

Info with his head in the sand wanting more Scomo reamings

BB3-A355-A-5-FBA-4385-9-E49-E5-FA5-EEE15-E4

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Monday, 29 Aug 2022 at 7:17pm

So basically indo your fine with everything Scumo did as PM but glad Labor are now in power because things are going to get worse but not from anything the LNP did in the last decade . Copy that

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Monday, 29 Aug 2022 at 8:02pm

Qldurrz say wot gas leak...thanx for this morning's wake up call comrade velocityjohnno.
https://www.macrobusiness.com.au/2022/08/china-siphons-aussie-gas-to-eur...
Qldurrz feel even more stupid now...well not half as stupid as that Euro Trash.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 29 Aug 2022 at 8:45pm

I gotta say, old uncle albo is looking way way too much liberal lite atm

...protecting the gas cartels, ...ignoring his cost of living promises, that are now jusr plain bullshit, ...and seemingly, being beholden by fossil fuel companies generally...

and now...

'...the worlds turned on its head since those tax cuts..'

'...we should react accordingly...'

'...huge deficit...'

'...people like me dont need these tax cuts...'

'...we are sending the wrong message with these tax cuts...'

all from a liberal mp no less!

if albo don't grow a pair of (labor style) balls soon... he's toast

even with dutto

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 29 Aug 2022 at 8:52pm

and seriously, is the whole political apparatus incapable of thinking more than 12 months in advance?

all the talk around the jobs and skills summit - from both sides - is permanent migration!

geez, with the current trajectory... do you really think 200k plus permanent migrants a year are going to look like a good decision in 3 or 4 years time?

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Monday, 29 Aug 2022 at 9:43pm

*yawn*

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Monday, 29 Aug 2022 at 9:43pm

*yawn*

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Tuesday, 30 Aug 2022 at 7:05am
sypkan wrote:

I gotta say, old uncle albo is looking way way too much liberal lite atm

...protecting the gas cartels, ...ignoring his cost of living promises, that are now jusr plain bullshit, ...and seemingly, being beholden by fossil fuel companies generally...

and now...

'...the worlds turned on its head since those tax cuts..'

'...we should react accordingly...'

'...huge deficit...'

'...people like me dont need these tax cuts...'

'...we are sending the wrong message with these tax cuts...'

all from a liberal mp no less!

if albo don't grow a pair of (labor style) balls soon... he's toast

even with dutto

Just wait and see what happens with stage 3 tax cuts. Politically if he was to out right cancel them now he would be jumped on by the LNP, MSM and the idiots on Sky as a liar, breaking promises, cannot be trusted etc. This would continue until the next election and take over news cycle. They are not due until 2024, so maybe smarter politically to let it stew a bit until more and more people on all sides of politics come out such as Broadbent from the LNP saying they are a stupid idea etc. If the momentum continues then down the track in late 2023, early 2024 it may turn out to be politically and economically advantages then to cut or modify the stage 3 tax cuts.... Let's wait and see.
Hoping Labor planning marathon, not a sprint, for they cannot really be too radical ( think MRRT tax and what happened there) if they want to stay in power, but they are already proving to be a major improvement in all areas than previous corrupt Muppets .

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Tuesday, 30 Aug 2022 at 7:20am

Saying that, those tax cuts do need cancelling or modification as they will turbo charge inequality in Australia. Although I would personally benefit, I am totally against them and it would influence how I vote next election if they were not changed.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Tuesday, 30 Aug 2022 at 8:04am

@andy-mac thanks for that , I didn’t realise it doesn’t come into effect until 2024 . Different subject here , did you catch 4 corners last night ? https://www.abc.net.au/4corners/the-wolf-of-woy-woy/14036314

garyg1412's picture
garyg1412's picture
garyg1412 Tuesday, 30 Aug 2022 at 12:58pm
sypkan wrote:

and seriously, is the whole political apparatus incapable of thinking more than 12 months in advance?

all the talk around the jobs and skills summit - from both sides - is permanent migration!

geez, with the current trajectory... do you really think 200k plus permanent migrants a year are going to look like a good decision in 3 or 4 years time?

I think you missed the word "skilled" before migrants sypkan. Big difference!!! And it's not a 12 month think fest. It'll take at least 12 months before any applications are even processed so the 3 to 4 year plans looks pretty solid to me. How about we wait 3 to 4 years before being so negative. It's better than the last 10 years we have waited with sweet f'all being done.

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Tuesday, 30 Aug 2022 at 2:37pm

World Leaders Happy Hour interrupted as the new guy phases out of his Honeymoon Phase.
Overseas Honeymoon Phase > Blame Game Phase > $Trillion Phase > Review Phase > X PM X Factor.

MM : "Happy 100 Trillion Days Mr Prime Minister !"
"Wot!...Then why did our PM say a Trillion everyday for the last 100 days!"

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FbPnubNUYAAVfbK.jpg

China : 100 Happy Endings to our Comrade Greenhorn
https://foreignpolicy.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/CHINA-ONLINE-GettyI...

US : After 609 days Joe's ambassador found Australia to wish a Happy 100 Days to that NRA fellow!

Canada : Happy Birthday to our great friend & progressive leader..."What do you mean it's not Tony's birthday!"

UK : Good Show Eh! Ah! Err! Mr PM Rabbit Toe!

All rise for former Oz : PM / King / Pope / Dictator / El Presidente ...who gifts Albo 100 more surprises.

Speech...
Albo: "I wish to thank...well, every leader > We welcome the President of Tasmania...for starters!"
https://www.facebook.com/abchobart/videos/anthony-albanese-forgets-the-n...

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Tuesday, 30 Aug 2022 at 6:32pm
Supafreak wrote:

@andy-mac thanks for that , I didn’t realise it doesn’t come into effect until 2024 . Different subject here , did you catch 4 corners last night ? https://www.abc.net.au/4corners/the-wolf-of-woy-woy/14036314

No, did not. Just read what it was about. Geez hope they can nail the guy, will watch when get a chance....

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Tuesday, 30 Aug 2022 at 6:41pm
andy-mac wrote:
Supafreak wrote:

No, did not. Just read what it was about. Geez hope they can nail the guy, will watch when get a chance....

It’s not so much the politicians involved it’s more that ASIC has done nothing about it , people get greedy ( some desperate )and when something sounds too good to be true it usually is . The fact that the financial director blew the whistle and nothing was done is really suss .

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Tuesday, 30 Aug 2022 at 7:10pm
Supafreak wrote:
andy-mac wrote:
Supafreak wrote:

It’s not so much the politicians involved it’s more that ASIC has done nothing about it , people get greedy ( some desperate )and when something sounds too good to be true it usually is . The fact that the financial director blew the whistle and nothing was done is really suss .

I think you will find Tones Abbott sacked 700 staff from ASIC, the ATO and the ACCC shortly after he became PM under the (bullshit) banner of cutting so-called “red tape”.

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Tuesday, 30 Aug 2022 at 7:58pm
GuySmiley wrote:
Supafreak wrote:
andy-mac wrote:
Supafreak wrote:

I think you will find Tones Abbott sacked 700 staff from ASIC, the ATO and the ACCC shortly after he became PM under the (bullshit) banner of cutting so-called “red tape”.

Ah Tones, the start of a golden era in Australian politics.... Never thought he would be topped as worst PM ever, but there ya go.... Well done Morrison!!

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Wednesday, 31 Aug 2022 at 7:35am

Apparently Stuart Robert is on Q & A this thursday , be interesting to see if the GreyWolf story is mentioned . https://nofibs.com.au/stuart-robert-denies-greywolf-advocacy/

DudeSweetDudeSweet's picture
DudeSweetDudeSweet Wednesday, 31 Aug 2022 at 7:50am
garyg1412 wrote:
sypkan wrote:

I think you missed the word "skilled" before migrants sypkan. Big difference!!! And it's not a 12 month think fest. It'll take at least 12 months before any applications are even processed so the 3 to 4 year plans looks pretty solid to me. How about we wait 3 to 4 years before being so negative. It's better than the last 10 years we have waited with sweet f'all being done.

Genuine question: Are you the only person left in Australia who is still falling for the crazy lie that Australia’s skilled migration program is actually bringing in skilled migrants?

You are aware that the average wage for a skilled migrant is tens of thousands of dollars lower than the average Australian wage aren’t you?

You honestly believe we are importing hundreds of thousands …..millions…..of skilled workers and not food delivery service drivers / kitchen hands / massage lounge workers ?

That would be a hard lol if it wasn’t a bit scary.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Wednesday, 31 Aug 2022 at 8:34am

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-08-31/indigenous-voice-to-parliament-nt...

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Wednesday, 31 Aug 2022 at 10:08am
Supafreak wrote:

Apparently Stuart Robert is on Q & A this thursday , be interesting to see if the GreyWolf story is mentioned . https://nofibs.com.au/stuart-robert-denies-greywolf-advocacy/

Rolex Roberts who thinks it's ok to use tax payer money for his own personal internet bills.... The stench is strong with this one.
ICAC cannot come soon enough.....

garyg1412's picture
garyg1412's picture
garyg1412 Wednesday, 31 Aug 2022 at 10:52am
DudeSweetDudeSweet wrote:
garyg1412 wrote:
sypkan wrote:

Genuine question: Are you the only person left in Australia who is still falling for the crazy lie that Australia’s skilled migration program is actually bringing in skilled migrants?

You are aware that the average wage for a skilled migrant is tens of thousands of dollars lower than the average Australian wage aren’t you?

You honestly believe we are importing hundreds of thousands …..millions…..of skilled workers and not food delivery service drivers / kitchen hands / massage lounge workers ?

That would be a hard lol if it wasn’t a bit scary.

Genuine Answer: I am a skilled migrant. Been here since 1991 and have been an Australian citizen for 27 years. Got a job 2 months after arriving and have been employed ever since. My wage has been equal if not better than any other Australian and I have contributed 32 years worth of PAYG and disposable income to the economy. So if Labor gets the mix correct like they plan to i.e. in critical industries such as health, trades, manufacturing and tech then all the best to them. Australia will be a better place for it. I think it's worth sucking it up and giving it a go. As I said it can't be worse than the last 10 years.

Now as to your usual fall back comment about Uber drivers, reduced wages etc, etc all I'll say is you are just parroting the same old homophobic bullshit we get shoved down our throats by the right wing media in this country, which basically capitalises on the fear of ignorant dumb fucks like yourself.
Maybe it needs to be pointed out to you that yes an Indian doctor who migrates to Australia that can't get work in his profession becomes an Uber driver hence the pay disparity. But to say we are importing unskilled massage parlour workers, Uber drivers, etc on masse under some type of crazy lie is just a crazy lie in itself.

Like I said bloke - there is a big difference between skilled and unskilled migrants and their respective contributions towards Australian society.

DudeSweetDudeSweet Wednesday, 31 Aug 2022 at 12:03pm

I’m a right-wing homophobe because I accurately called bullshit on the skilled immigration rort? And that rort can’t possibly exist because you arrived as a genuine skilled immigrant before the rort began?

Rightio bloke

Labor does not want “the correct mix”. Labor wants to firehose warm bodies into our population irrespective of their talents or abilities.

Here’s Australia’s leading immigration demographer to set you straight. This is from 2018 but is not just factually correct, but probably understated about the current situation which is acutely worse than it was even then.

Argue with these facts :

https://www.macrobusiness.com.au/2018/03/australias-skilled-migration-pr...