Vaccinate or not

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak started the topic in Tuesday, 24 Nov 2020 at 6:20pm

I was a little shocked at Alan Joyce (CEO Qantas) announcement that international travelers will be required to have a covid 19 vaccination in order to travel on Qantas flights . The government wanted to have mandatory vaccination but after the bumbling of its release ( it was painful to watch the delivery of that announcement ) they withdrew the mandatory part but it seems Qantas and other business may demand a vaccination in order to use their services. I’m not anti vaccine by any means I just don’t trust this government or a vaccine that has been rushed through. A jab followed by another jab followed by yearly jabs doesn’t sit well with me as I have never had a flu shot or the flu for more than 20 years. Plus I don’t want to give this shot to my healthy 4 year old daughter. She is up to date with all her vaccinations but this covid vaccine is new and not being around for decades like the others. Tuberculosis remains the number one as far diseases go and you don’t need proof of vaccination to travel so what is going on ?

bonza's picture
bonza's picture
bonza Sunday, 8 Aug 2021 at 10:05pm

Yeah cool. Just thought those cynical of why certain treatments have been overlooked by authorities would be encouraged by news as above. Let’s hope something comes from it.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 9 Aug 2021 at 12:25am

the big I

peer reviewed

https://www.cureus.com/articles/64807-prophylactic-role-of-ivermectin-in...

Conclusions

Two doses (300 μg/kg/dose in a gap of 72 hours) of ivermectin chemoprophylaxis reduced COVID-19 infection by 83% among HCWs for one month. Ivermectin is a safe and effective strategy to prevent COVID-19, in the containment of pandemic alongside vaccine. Further research is required to guide the frequency of chemoprevention, acceptability, and cost-effectiveness in the community setting.

(the site looks totally 'next generation' and anti establishment... so Im sure the usual suspects will do their thing... but it says 'peer reviewed, (...must be the wrong peers... again...))

batfink's picture
batfink's picture
batfink Monday, 9 Aug 2021 at 8:44am
batfink's picture
batfink's picture
batfink Monday, 9 Aug 2021 at 8:45am
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Monday, 9 Aug 2021 at 9:08am

I missed this story , thought the guardian might have been on it , strange. Conclusion: Ivermectin appears to be efficacious in providing clinical benefits in a randomized treatment of asymptomatic SARS-CoV-2-positive subjects, effectively resulting in fewer symptoms, lower viral load and reduced hospital admissions. However, larger-scale trials are warranted for this conclusion to be further cemented. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34073401/

shoredump's picture
shoredump's picture
shoredump Monday, 9 Aug 2021 at 9:11am

Batfink, you can’t give a response in July to a paper published in August

The response to that Guardian article was put up by Supafreak a page or 3 back

batfink's picture
batfink's picture
batfink Monday, 9 Aug 2021 at 9:14am

Why not? Are you ‘cancelling’ me. ;-)

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Monday, 9 Aug 2021 at 9:15am

Why hasn’t the guardian pulled this to pieces ? Have to get the scientists at the guardian to have a closer look at this . Data Sources:

Data were sourced from published peer-reviewed studies, manuscripts posted to preprint servers, expert meta-analyses, and numerous epidemiological analyses of regions with ivermectin distribution campaigns. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8088823/

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Monday, 9 Aug 2021 at 9:19am
batfink wrote:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/aug/08/rightwing-radio-host-dic...

Going to be lots of these stories coming out.

the link provided, is just more proof that Faucci has been right , and the conspiracy theorists that Covid is just a flu/my immune system will deal with Covid/ it's a global conspiracy so we will all be tracked and controlled blah blah.......
Australia/NSW is gripped with misinformation as we have not been ravaged by Covid and have not seen first hand the death/long Covid etc, happening in other country's ....
so we are now going to be in rolling lockdowns , NSW seems to have one tactic...contain and get people vaccinated ASAP......Victoria hard lockdowns , zero cases....
Meanwhile there are more than enough resources to get on top of our current Covid embarrassment.......the biggest question is do the laws around Covid work?

I think there needs to be mandatory vaccinations , and I have been using the seat belt story/analogy as a way forward for those who have some sort of beef against authority and see their individual Human rights violated........https://www.theage.com.au/national/why-vaccination-should-be-compulsory-...

tylerdurden's picture
tylerdurden's picture
tylerdurden Monday, 9 Aug 2021 at 9:26am

Supafreak, despite that most recent trial you linked (published in 5th August) to be on the surface quite good evidence, be prepared for the outcome that Ivermectin may not be approved for use in this country or any developed country.
In my mind I find the anti-ivermectin crowd to be just as frustrating as the anti-vaxxer crowd

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Monday, 9 Aug 2021 at 9:35am

@tylerdurden , I highly doubt ivermectin will be recommended in any western country, it will however be used widely in poorer nations that can’t afford the many new early treatment drugs that will be released before this year’s end under EUA and temporary authorisation. Merck $700 per treatment looks like a bargain compared to remdesivir $3000 ++

shoredump's picture
shoredump's picture
shoredump Monday, 9 Aug 2021 at 9:35am

Argue like you’re right, listen like you’re wrong

Here’s how its played out for me so far. I had a friend (check and training airline captain, so he’s not an idiot) urge me to listen to the late June Rogan / Weinstein podcast (also put up by Supafreak here back then) my response was yeah I know about ivermectin someone on SN has been going on about it, I’ll have a listen to it, but I wasn’t so sure it could have genuine benefits considering the silence. I then sent him that same Guardian link to have a read, but noting that article still doesn’t mean it’s ineffective. I listened to the podcast and my mind was changed instantly.
Pull apart the evidence in that podcast in this thread, I’d love more insight, I could be wrong. Pull apart that 4 day old peer reviewed publication just put up today.

But for now, in my view, ivermectin is the thing being cancelled.
The consequences are catastrophic

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Monday, 9 Aug 2021 at 9:41am

@tylerdurden , even though ivermectin isn’t recommended in Australia by the TGA , prescriptions are still being written legally for it and I posted a article from the spectator quoting Mr Hunt that he was fully aware of this and that doctors were within their rights to do so .

bonza's picture
bonza's picture
bonza Monday, 9 Aug 2021 at 9:58am

Hey shoredump. check out the vid Brutus posted in response to that vid - around the same time.

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Monday, 9 Aug 2021 at 10:26am

Case of Covid just admitted to Lismore Base.
very sick man from Sydney, escaped lockdown there, then fled lockdown in QLD.

has been all over the joint in the Northern Rivers, infectious the whole time, with two teenage boys, whereabouts unknown, who also apparently have symptoms.

Heard a snap 3 day lockdown for Northern Rivers is imminent.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Monday, 9 Aug 2021 at 10:33am

Fan-fucken-tastic.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Monday, 9 Aug 2021 at 10:36am

Thanks for the update freeride76 , was expecting it to be here sooner or later , surprised the chinderah roadhouse case didn’t go further . I know Lismore is set up for covid patients and any cases in the region will go there not tweed hospital which is pretty full on lately with full beds in most departments .

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Monday, 9 Aug 2021 at 10:36am

Not showing on NSW Health case locations site yet.. I'll keep an eye on it through the day.

https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/covid-19/Pages/case-locations-a...

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 9 Aug 2021 at 10:41am

What a class act that fella must be.

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Monday, 9 Aug 2021 at 10:42am

was announced on ABC North Coast as breaking news.

apparently he was up here trying to buy a house.

attended numerous open houses all over the northern rivers this weekend.

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Monday, 9 Aug 2021 at 10:43am

It's just a Fad...Covid Vaccination Data is notoriously plagued by ethical concerns.
Truth scares the shit outta Hesitants ...so Govt's spend most of Covid resource hiding the truth.

Anti science madmen > Waste no time, pulling down breakthru stats. "my little Glovey dovey".
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/365d61fe-519c-4ea1-84da-afe6ad7a6450

Here's some Mass Vax data breaches that Experts brand 'essentially' unethical.

UK from 12th Aug 2020 - 5,000 Covid dead bodies go missing in one day?

UK from 8th Dec 2020 - 10th Jan 2021 (Vax Case Spike miraculously vanishes - censored)
https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/vaccinations

OZ from 21st Feb 2021 - 8th April 2021( Delay'n'Dump Vax stats > PM now got 1st Vax on 8th April )
https://www.smh.com.au/national/australia-s-daily-covid-19-vaccine-rollo...
Crew know that makes sense, coz [L] delay'n'dump Age Care bodies to boost the Blame Dan Campaign!
https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/victoria-s-aged-care-death-t...

US from 1st May 2021 - 9th Aug 2021 (Prez Vax Censorship) or How to flatten a breakthru Vax Spike.
Make sure to test all Unvaccinated heathens thanx....Anyone Testing a Vaxed Person goes to jail.
https://www.newsweek.com/why-did-cdc-stop-counting-mild-asymptomatic-bre...

Constant Withdrawn Data means Govts discredit their own Covid Vaccines most of all...well durr!
It also means that the whole World's Vaccine Data is corrupted to prevent us from defeating Covid.
Only truly diabolically evil people would sabotage the World's best hope of recovery? All say Aye!

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Monday, 9 Aug 2021 at 10:44am

What a way to ingratiate yourself with the new neighbours.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 9 Aug 2021 at 10:48am

Australia- the land where real estate is a matter of life and death. Any savvy investor knows that the best way to eliminate the competition at auction is the final solution.

Scenes from a Ballina open house over the weekend:

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Monday, 9 Aug 2021 at 11:20am

Its all over the news now , Byron residents asked to get tested.

Distracted's picture
Distracted's picture
Distracted Monday, 9 Aug 2021 at 11:39am

It was a matter of time before it happened but it is still crap particularly if it was some dickhead looking at real estate. So what’s the state government’s going to do now… rolling lockdowns across the state for next three months?
https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/news/nsw/tw...

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Monday, 9 Aug 2021 at 11:44am

That article says the infected person was from Byron but visited Sydney (not the opposite, Sydney person visiting Byron).

Not that it ultimately changes anything if lockdowns occur.

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Monday, 9 Aug 2021 at 12:59pm

My mail: dude from Rose Bay, with 2 teenaged sons, staying at Air BnB in Byron.
went everywhere.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Monday, 9 Aug 2021 at 1:02pm

Kidding.

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Monday, 9 Aug 2021 at 1:04pm

No. Looks like lockdown imminent.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Monday, 9 Aug 2021 at 1:11pm

For people with kids:
Get LOTS of books.
Set strict screen time limits.
Buy a blackboard or paint one near the kitchen.
Set the day out each morning.
Have a working printer at home.
Don't expect teachers to care much about the welfare of your kids.
It's one thing to shift the classroom to nature, but there's still a timeline of learning.
Hang on.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 9 Aug 2021 at 1:17pm

Surely everyone is OK with the religious exemption posed by Sydneysiders chasing potential investment properties around the state?

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Monday, 9 Aug 2021 at 1:17pm

Good on you Stu.

Abandoning your kids to their devices isn't a reasonable option.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 9 Aug 2021 at 1:36pm

Thing is : Was anything about an infected Sydneysider cruising the state’s open houses illegal?

The answer to that question tells you the real Covid strategy for the NSW government.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Monday, 9 Aug 2021 at 2:10pm

#GladysFail knew on June19 of low vaccine rates, yet chose to NOT lock down. Shes waffled about greens shoots- all have died. Now shes gaslighting the public. She's painting vac' rates are the issue, not her mistakes.
South Oz vac rates are lower than NSW but HARD lock down worked.
IMO, Her, #CovidHazzard and #Scottytheliar are doing this on purpose. Scrotum has brought back Boris Johnsons "let it rip and live with it" ideology. They even have medical muppets like "Dr Nick" Coatsworth spruiking opening up at 50% vaccination.
NSW needs to get its head out of it own arsehole for the first time since Sydney2000.

MexClancy's picture
MexClancy's picture
MexClancy Monday, 9 Aug 2021 at 2:21pm

“IMO, Her, #CovidHazzard and #Scottytheliar are doing this on purpose. Scrotum has brought back Boris Johnsons "let it rip and live with it" ideology”

Free (Market) Virus

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Monday, 9 Aug 2021 at 2:28pm

EE5-ECED0-2-E55-4-E95-A7-D3-ACBFB75-C8-EA1

shoredump's picture
shoredump's picture
shoredump Monday, 9 Aug 2021 at 4:20pm
bonza wrote:

Hey shoredump. check out the vid Brutus posted in response to that vid - around the same time.

I’d like to but I couldn’t find it

shoredump's picture
shoredump's picture
shoredump Monday, 9 Aug 2021 at 4:29pm

I worked this out for my daughter who has chosen to wait for Moderna or Pfizer

If the daily cases rise to an even spread of 1200 just in greater Sydney, and she has to wait 50 days between then and when she can get her vaccine, then she’s a 1 in 100 chance of contracting it then a 1 in 1000 chance of becoming hospitalised

Good news I think for anyone who’s waiting in a queue

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Monday, 9 Aug 2021 at 4:52pm
shoredump wrote:
bonza wrote:

@shoredump , I think this is what Bonza is referring too , Brutus posted this originally https://zdoggmd.com/vinay-prasad-ivermectin/
I’d like to but I couldn’t find it

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Monday, 9 Aug 2021 at 4:57pm

7 day lockdown for Byron, Ballina, Lismore, Richmond Valley.
starts 6pm.

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Monday, 9 Aug 2021 at 5:02pm

Q: How to stop super spreading Vaxerz sneezing out almighty Covid Clouds?
A: Get them to snort their AZ...it won't hurt!
https://medicalxpress.com/news/2021-07-astrazeneca-covid-vaccine-viral-i...

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Monday, 9 Aug 2021 at 5:09pm
shoredump wrote:

I worked this out for my daughter who has chosen to wait for Moderna or Pfizer

If the daily cases rise to an even spread of 1200 just in greater Sydney, and she has to wait 50 days between then and when she can get her vaccine, then she’s a 1 in 100 chance of contracting it then a 1 in 1000 chance of becoming hospitalised

Good news I think for anyone who’s waiting in a queue

Yep, I'm booked in for AZ next Monday.

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Monday, 9 Aug 2021 at 5:42pm

Moderna The Movie AO

wax24's picture
wax24's picture
wax24 Monday, 9 Aug 2021 at 6:11pm

I work in hospital. A bit overwhelming lately. 75 hour weeks. Haven't had a surf in a week. Had three more staff leave over the weekend. One walked out mid-shift. It's traumatic. Treated a young girl last week. Both her parents and her brother passed from Covid. Whole fam unvaccinated. Only treating unvaccinated these days. Never see someone who has had the jab be sick enough to get to us, though i know that does happen. The young girl is in the psych ward now. Doesn't wanna live after losing everyone. As i said, it's traumatic. For anyone who is looking at stats to see if we are getting close to being overwhelmed at hospital... even if the hospitals aren't overwhelmed yet, the staff so very much are. I am tired of, and no longer want to hear anyone salute frontline workers.

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Monday, 9 Aug 2021 at 6:23pm

Wax is this in Australia where you work?
Were there underlying health issues for the parents and brother?

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Monday, 9 Aug 2021 at 6:23pm

We’re meant to be out of lockdown Thursday, not looking like it’s going to happen

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Monday, 9 Aug 2021 at 6:42pm
wax24 wrote:

I work in hospital. A bit overwhelming lately. 75 hour weeks. Haven't had a surf in a week. Had three more staff leave over the weekend. One walked out mid-shift. It's traumatic. Treated a young girl last week. Both her parents and her brother passed from Covid. Whole fam unvaccinated. Only treating unvaccinated these days. Never see someone who has had the jab be sick enough to get to us, though i know that does happen. The young girl is in the psych ward now. Doesn't wanna live after losing everyone. As i said, it's traumatic. For anyone who is looking at stats to see if we are getting close to being overwhelmed at hospital... even if the hospitals aren't overwhelmed yet, the staff so very much are. I am tired of, and no longer want to hear anyone salute frontline workers.

Wow in Australia?

Yeah behind stats are lots of stories that often go untold or un heard my most of us.

Anyway stay strong, after my last stint in hospital a few years back, i really appreciate the work all kinds of people do in hospitals.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Monday, 9 Aug 2021 at 6:58pm

I’m pretty sure wax 24 is in the US

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Monday, 9 Aug 2021 at 7:02pm

Moderna is seeking volunteers for children 6 months to 15 yo for trials , coatsworth and skerritt are sure there are Australians who will want to be part of these trials .

lostdoggy's picture
lostdoggy's picture
lostdoggy Monday, 9 Aug 2021 at 7:14pm

Who would volunteer a 6 month old for that?