Vaccinate or not

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak started the topic in Tuesday, 24 Nov 2020 at 6:20pm

I was a little shocked at Alan Joyce (CEO Qantas) announcement that international travelers will be required to have a covid 19 vaccination in order to travel on Qantas flights . The government wanted to have mandatory vaccination but after the bumbling of its release ( it was painful to watch the delivery of that announcement ) they withdrew the mandatory part but it seems Qantas and other business may demand a vaccination in order to use their services. I’m not anti vaccine by any means I just don’t trust this government or a vaccine that has been rushed through. A jab followed by another jab followed by yearly jabs doesn’t sit well with me as I have never had a flu shot or the flu for more than 20 years. Plus I don’t want to give this shot to my healthy 4 year old daughter. She is up to date with all her vaccinations but this covid vaccine is new and not being around for decades like the others. Tuberculosis remains the number one as far diseases go and you don’t need proof of vaccination to travel so what is going on ?

Sheep go to heaven's picture
Sheep go to heaven's picture
Sheep go to heaven Tuesday, 13 Jul 2021 at 6:21pm

If you've got any Lungworm , roundworm , barbers pole worm , hookworm or the large mouthed bowel worm, then Ivermectin ( Ivomec ) will clean you out , its a bloody good drench for our sheep !
.... not bad for lice infestations either !

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Tuesday, 13 Jul 2021 at 6:29pm

@sheep go to heaven , your sheep should be covid free then .

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Tuesday, 13 Jul 2021 at 9:47pm

Pfizer are trying hard to convince the world that their vax is as weak as piss...But why?
In order to up the price on their 3rd booster of course!

Pfizer are demanding a 3rd Booster as their current brew is shit & has dropped to 64% efficacy.
Pfizer reckons their current brew wears off after 6 months & is no match for Delta.
They claim the unvaxed weaklings are breaking thru Pfizer's invincible double shot A team.

What are Pfizer's Demands & Deadline & Ransom!
2 doses of 64% Pfizer Light @ 6 months new improved Heavy brew chaser ...then a yearly dose.
How heavy are we talking ..( 5x -10x strength...a real hearty brew)

May 2021 pre sales $12.4b > ( End of year Pfizer Booster sales $26b )
2021- 3b Booster doses
2022 - 4b Booster doses
2025 - Boost from Pfizer's 2x dose pissweak fail = $157b (Not bad for topping up slops!)

Do the dopes get 30% off the Booster to offset Pfizer's 2nd dose 30% fail...[f] Misinformation

Who are Pfizer extorting with their new improved super strength invincible brew.
UK / EU / Israel / US

Who would be so stupid to blindly pay the ransom to top up Pfizer's 2nd dose Vax fail!
28th April UK got touched up for 60m doses of (Light) to secure 40m Pfizer's invincible booster brew.
https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/britain-agrees-deal-60-million-more-pfi...
7th May EU risked 1.8b doses of (Light - Buyback) to secure 900m Booster doses 2021 -2023
https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/eu-seals-new...

WHO's holding out!
https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/top-scientists-question-need-c...
US:FDA/CDC:"We're prepared for Booster doses if & when the science demonstrates they're needed!"
June 2021 US pre Clinical Mixed Booster Trial > Pfizer are also running pre Clinical Trials
https://www.businessinsider.com.au/booster-vaccine-trial-mix-and-match-s...
July 2021- Pfizer US Uni Trials 10,000
https://fox8.com/news/coronavirus/university-hospitals-begins-clinical-t...
Aug 2021 Pfizer will hit up FDA for approval
https://www.smh.com.au/business/companies/pfizer-plans-to-request-fda-ap...

Who's not waiting...
11th July 2021 - Israel signed for a "New Batch" of Pfizer vaccines for "August 2021"
New Prime Minister's first impromptu Vax deal seems to have escaped the Media...tbb can't find it?
Could be that their rushed cosy deal is foxing a better price...(Sudden Supply shortage > No Doubt)
10-31st July 2021 - Israel runs out old Brew on unvaxed + At risk 3rd Doses...( Quasi Booster Trial )
700,000 doses were loaned to South Korea as return for Sept/Oct (Possibly a 3rd Booster Batch)
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jul/11/israel-offers-covid-vaccin...

Pause: Did Pfizer / Israel downgrade "64%" vax efficacy to warrant urgent push for 3rd dose Rollout?
Mostly because only Israel verifies this 94% > 64%...other nations refuse to 'peer' back it up!
Pfizer won't release data to back up Vax failure that ransoms the 3rd dose! World is suss to them!

Israel are exploiting small nation pop density to grant themselves unlimited spreading Travel Passes.
Time after Time they'll buy freedom under false pretence off the back of Pfizer's false promises.
Recall Israelis disputed [+] reads during Seychelles Outbreak. (Now looks more probable than not!)

WHO : Warns against greedy Nations scoffing down a 3rd vax with the World dying around them.
https://spectrumlocalnews.com/nys/central-ny/news/2021/07/12/world-healt...
1st Aug 2021 - Israel Pfizer Booster brew comes on Tap + New batch of Travel Passes no doubt.

Aussies are boosting their own stronger Home Brews.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-11/the-australian-next-generation-co...

French Valneva 1 shot Booster has FDA approval + EMA nod ...could be why Pfizer is cooking books.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Tuesday, 13 Jul 2021 at 10:30pm

@TBB , this was a article from financial times on July 5th and the 64% was for not contacting it but was still 93% for not being hospitalised or serious illness. Does sound like a play for more sales though. When they finally do get licensed they can then advertise their product. July 5, 2021 7:05 pm by Neri Zilber in Tel Aviv
The BioNTech/Pfizer vaccine is less effective at halting the spread of the Delta variant than previous strains of coronavirus, according to a preliminary study by Israel’s health ministry.

Data collected over the past month suggest the vaccine is 64 per cent effective at preventing infection among those who are fully inoculated, the ministry has found. Efficacy against previous strains of the virus was estimated at 94 per cent.

However, the figures, first reported in the Ynet news portal, indicate the vaccine is 93 per cent effective against serious illness and hospitalisation. The study was based on “preliminary” figures relating to the effectiveness of the vaccine gathered continuously by health authorities, cautioned Professor Nadav Davidovitch, who sits on the government’s expert advisory committee on Covid-19.

“Delta is a lot more infectious, but appears to not lead to as much serious illness and death, especially given that we now have the vaccine,” he said.

Cases have ticked up since Israel lifted all remaining Covid-19 restrictions on June 1, with many experts blaming the highly transmissible Delta variant.

As of Monday, the country had almost 2,600 active cases — more than double that of the previous week — though the ministry said only 35 were considered seriously ill.

This year, UK health authorities also documented a drop in efficacy for the Pfizer jab against the Delta variant, though less severe.

Public Health England in May found the vaccine provided 88 per cent protection against symptomatic infection with Delta, and 93 per cent against the Alpha variant first identified in Kent. According to that study, the protection conferred by two doses of the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine — largely used in the UK’s mass vaccination programme — was lower, at 66 per cent for the Delta variant.

Israel has enjoyed one of the world’s fastest inoculation drives, emerging from lockdown in the spring. More than 5m of Israel’s 9m citizens have been fully vaccinated with the Pfizer vaccine.

But rising case rates have alarmed the government of Naftali Bennett, which last month reimposed face mask requirements for indoor gatherings and public transport. It is considering additional restrictions, including the reintroduction of the “green passport” scheme for those who have been vaccinated, limits on large public gatherings and “booster” jabs.

A push to inoculate teenagers began last week and more than 100,000 have received a jab, including the prime minister’s daughter.

“If the numbers continue to grow, now doubling every week, we need to vaccinate as quickly as possible the roughly million people still left — 200,000 over 50 years of age, and of course children,” Davidovitch said. “The government will also likely introduce elements of the green pass scheme, mandatory mask wearing, lots of testing, and stricter oversight for all incoming passengers at Ben Gurion international airport.”
https://www.ft.com/content/0b3da41e-6390-4f4b-866c-da5c6aec7f5e. It’s estimated that Pfizer stands to make 100 billion in the next 5 years

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Wednesday, 14 Jul 2021 at 12:46pm

sorry to hear about your relative blowin, not close, but still sounds rather tragic... and troublesome... the system that is...

do you know which vaccine?

not that it really matters, there's clearly risk with all of them, the question is, are we getting the full picture? (that might be what the learned call, 'a rhetorical question')

speaking of the full picture...

I cannot believe the lack of reporting on what happened in india... from absolute tragedy, bodies in the street, funeral pyres with piles, system totally overwhelmed... from all this, to pretty much no problem, or at the least a very managable curve...

an amazing story of immense interest in the current context... whatever happened...

yet again, there's a total lack of reporting... or, a black out of reporting... seriously wtf is going on?

indonesia needs to know at a minimum, the place is riddled with virus, the numbers mean nothing, areas found under-reporting of numbers because they don't want to be declared red zones. a close family to me, half of it's members have had it, or seem to now have it, but only a handful in the official numbers, because everyone just hides at home, for many reasons...

indo needs some india right now!

aside from being very similar, ...culturally, economically, high population/density, and in development/medical levels... the scenario is almost the same, as a much warned about massive religious festival ignored... is what caused the major outbreaks, and they need some super solutions to turn it all around

ivermectin in indo:

went from, widely available on the net, to censored availability on the net, to not available for humans, to sold out/habis... while 'the narrative' went from, outright warnings in the news of dangers of the drug, to some now reporting possible benefits of the drug, with some indo billionaire advocating for the instant manufacturung of the drug through their local manufacturers

interesting watching the different paths countries take... one would assume indo is free of the big pharma patents and pressure mentioned in posts above, ...yet there is much resistance to alternative measures, and a big push for western developed country style solutions... ie. waiting for vaccines rollout, and an emphasis on masks, distancing etc.

from my perspective its all a bit of, way too little too late... and solutions not fit for purpose... ie. culture, development etc.

personally I think the indo's have the wrong people pissing in their ear, ...the wrong crew, coming from a few tangents... (the usual old suspects... and some new big cash dogs too)

...and so, their solutions are too much of a mismatch for scenario, and too much wishful thinking...

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Wednesday, 14 Jul 2021 at 12:48pm

Thanks mate. Not sure which vaccine. I’d assume AZ.

eat-your-vegies's picture
eat-your-vegies Wednesday, 14 Jul 2021 at 2:11pm

Spykan
Been having this same conversation about India.
No media coverage now of the reduced number of infections, when a little while ago it was front page and opening broadcast.
What happened?
Herd immunity?
Radically reduced testing numbers?
One doctor on the net said that many doctors in India are proscribing ivermectin because it’s the only thing they have to help that’s even remotely affordable .

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Wednesday, 14 Jul 2021 at 3:05pm

it's puzzling and a little perplexing to say the least eat-your-veggies ...and that's just the media coverage part...

I think the answer is in one of supafreak's vids

...without the answer actually being verballed... the good doctor is too smart for that, but he really really couldn't hint any harder if he tried...

https://m.

&feature=youtu.be

my gawd the world is heading to a scary scary place if the india story is blacked out and the success story censored as it seems...

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Wednesday, 14 Jul 2021 at 3:16pm
tylerdurden's picture
tylerdurden's picture
tylerdurden Wednesday, 14 Jul 2021 at 7:46pm

It’s such a complicated debate Supafreak.
It also goes to show the complicated nature of “evidence” and the bureaucratic nature of institutional/government approval. For example, Dexanethasone was approved for use in the treatment of Covid after 1 single RCT. There have been at least 20 RCT’s that have shown some degree of benefit of Ivermectin in the treatment of Covid.
But dexamethasone also requires vaccines as part of the overall plan...Ivermectin potentially does not.
Additionally, the exact dosage of Ivermectin is not entirely agreed upon and it is a valid point that it should not be taken unless prescribed by a doctor.
So if it is not approved and a doctor prescribes it and the patient then gets a major complication (approx 1 in 5000 liver failure) then the doctor is liable.
Covid has exposed the complicated process of drug approval as well as the market forces at play.
Hopefully the Oxford trial shows definite benefit in treatment and then is extended to prophylaxis.
By the way, some say vaccines against viruses actually result in vaccine resistant variants by definition. Anti-viral treatment regimes, usually as combination therapy (and perhaps in combination with vaccines) are said to be the only way to eradicate viruses.

Coaster's picture
Coaster's picture
Coaster Wednesday, 14 Jul 2021 at 8:03pm
eat-your-vegies wrote:

Spykan
Been having this same conversation about India.
No media coverage now of the reduced number of infections, when a little while ago it was front page .

The numbers in India are still quite high, but maybe the media is distracted by local news about lockdowns. They’re reporting today that India had 32,906 new cases and 2,020 fatalities.

https://covidlive.com.au/world

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Wednesday, 14 Jul 2021 at 9:01pm
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Wednesday, 14 Jul 2021 at 9:11pm

@bonza , just wondering about the credentials of the authors who wrote the article you posted . Are they journalists or doctors or something else ?

bonza's picture
bonza's picture
bonza Wednesday, 14 Jul 2021 at 9:16pm

just a journo. no science credentials at all that i am aware of. does quote some interesting legit meta-studies. take it as you will. posted for entertainment only. you will note they don't bag out ivermectin either and acknowledge soon to be released study. not that i have an opinion on that.

tylerdurden's picture
tylerdurden's picture
tylerdurden Wednesday, 14 Jul 2021 at 9:24pm

Funnily enough Bonza, the Canadian review cited in that article which apparently concluded that there was “no basis for recommending ivermectin outside of a clinical trial” also (? begrudgingly) cited 3 trials which showed Ivermectin worked when given as prohpylaxis.
Pretty hard to draw conclusions from all this.

However, I can’t find a study whereby the control group (ie the non-ivermectin group) had a lower incidence of morbidity or mortality than the treatment group. Maybe it exists but I am yet to see it. Seems Ivermectin does something and in some studies it seems to do a lot.
The conflicting interpretations of the same studies highlights how hard it to draw conclusions from evidence and then translate that into public policy.
However, the study published in The Lancet certainly showed Ivermectin worked, the larger Principle trial from Oxford will give us more answers

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Wednesday, 14 Jul 2021 at 9:27pm

@bonza , thanks for reply , I guess at the end of the day we will all know the truth in what the next 5- 10 years reveals. What that is I have no idea . It’s a crazy world.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Wednesday, 14 Jul 2021 at 9:59pm

@bonza , just went through the comments from the article you posted . It’s always interesting to read a wide variety of opinions on these topics .

bonza's picture
bonza's picture
bonza Wednesday, 14 Jul 2021 at 10:29pm

Ha!. yeah well Quillette commenters come in all shapes and sizes - mostly from the right. I only see the sample size these days as they have changed the format and i don't have facebook - seem to be more "distrusting of the science" perhaps. anyways i enjoy the site but often have to wade through the constant trans-focus of it articles. Theres a great article up at the moment from Lawrence M. Krauss for example.
As a staunch vaccine proponent it may surprise some that i acknowledge the fast tracking approval of any vaccine from a standard 10 years to ~ 18 months is a risky concept. But it also shows how impressive we can be when we put our minds to something to find solutions. i have hope and i don't believe there is any conspiracy involved. If only we had the same approach to other pressing matters. Re ivermectin - if the science proves it works then I'm all for it.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Wednesday, 14 Jul 2021 at 10:49pm

In the comments I only read the first 15 , there was 170 more , as far as the Oxford trials go with ivermectin, if they don’t use the combination recommended by FLCCC and others then I believe it will be a fail . You don’t treat covid with just one drug same as you don’t treat cancer or AIDS with just one drug. I’m a bit sceptical about why Oxford and the NIH have taken this long to conduct trials .

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Wednesday, 14 Jul 2021 at 11:24pm

OZ Vax Review ~ (Poor excuse to combo Oz Vax Tracker Links)
Rollout supply is peaking to cope with Winter Covid Lockdowns
Horizon 2 supply...soon drops off to being less able to respond to a Spring Lockdown vax panic.
Oz Vax Depots - 1. NSW (HQ) > 2. WA > 3. SA
Oz population density by State -1. ACT > 2.Vic > 3. NSW (Default Rollout rank)
Fed Doses Allocation -1. NSW HQ supplies both 2. Vic > 3. Qld
Total Vaccinated Doses given to date -1.Vic > 2. NSW > 3. Qld

1/2 Vax % State Population + 2 Full Doses *1 > 2** > 3 ***
ABC 1/2 - 1. **ACT > 2. ***Tas > 3. *NT > 4. Qld > 5. Vic > 6. SA > 7. NSW > 8. WA
SMH 1/2 - 1.** Tas > 2. *NT > 3. ***ACT > 4. Vic > 5. SA > 6. Qld > 7. NSW > 8. WA
Cov Data 1/2 - **ACT > 2. ***Tas > 3. *NT > 4. Vic > 5. SA > 6. Qld > 7. NSW > 8. WA
https://www.smh.com.au/interactive/2021/coronavirus/vaccine-tracker/

Doses Per / 100
ABC - 1. NT > 2. Tas > 3. ACT > 4. Vic > 5. SA > 6. WA > 7. Qld > 8. NSW
Cov Data - 1. Tas > 2. NT > 3. ACT > 4. Vic > 5. SA > 6. Qld > 7. NSW > 8. W.A
https://www.covid19data.com.au/vaccines

Focus on NSW ( High Vax but poor pop % dose rank )
1st Dose All Phases -70+ (Under Oz Avg) > 50+ (Under Oz Avg) > 16+ (Under Oz Avg)
2nd Dose All Phases - 70+ (Under Oz Avg) > 50+ (Under OZ Avg) > 16+ (Under Oz Avg)
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-03-02/charting-australias-covid-vaccine...

Gladys claims NSW are Vax Godz that spoon AZ for breakfast...( must've went soggy or some shit ).
Are NSW closet anti vaxerz...coz that's exactly wot Oz stats show.

Worth noting that dense / pop London & Largest UK cities all have under 50% lowest Vax rate.
High vax doses but low % 'suggests' that Sydney is equally a low Vax City!
Could be that extended Sydney Lockdown is spiking City vax as with recent Melbourne vax Spike!
Crew can decide if that is part of the Rollout Plan B to soak up some more AZ slops for a favour.

Perhaps Floods & Lockdown were more of a Rollout burden than first thought.
All here know that NSW should be # 2 or 3 + above avg on all Vax / Pop Charts..but clearly are not!
If crew can make sense of NSW low % rank ...be cool to share!

2021 Doses delivered to date by Vaccine
AZ - (Local) 10m + AZ-(o/s) 714K + Pfizer 4.4m

14th July (Update) Oz Rollout Vaccine Allocation Horizons > End 2021
Winter Horizon 1
4th July - 5th Sept - AZ 2.2-2.6m /wk + Pfizer 650-750K/wk = Peaks at 2.85-3.3m/wk
Spring Horizon 2
5th Sept-3rd Oct - Pfizer 930K-1.3m/wk + AZ 880K-1.2m/wk + Moderna 87-125K/wk =1.9-2.5m/wk
Fed Govt Teams leave Aged Care Homes to book Clinics > GP services
Summer Horizon 3
3rd Oct - End 2021-Pfizer 1.7-2.3m/wk + Moderna 430-615K/wk = Rises to 2.1-2.9m/wk
AZ by request only...Finish by End of 2021 ...Check States allocation here.
https://www.health.gov.au/sites/default/files/documents/2021/06/covid-19...

Up to the minute latest AZ safety guideline rewrites...still good.
During Outbreaks > AZ 2nd Dose can fast track 12 > 8 > 4 weeks after 1st Dose
ATAGI > 60+ ( If no alternative during an Outbreak > '40 > 60' can re-assess AZ )
NSW > 40+ (Coincidentally has an Outbreak, perfect timing!) Soak up some of PM's slops!

Mandate Vax > Frontline / Quarantine / Aged - Disability Care / Med Students (Before year's end)

Wotz New >
Chem Warehouse have lengthened their Pharmacy Queues to cater for extra long Vax Queue jumpers.
Bunnings $2 Banga'n'Sanga Boosta promises to match any side effects.
Woolies are reintroducing their popular Strawberry Jab lucky dip.
https://www.bandt.com.au/woolies-bunnings-offer-to-help-with-vaccine-rol...

Vaccine Passport (Liberal Senator Objector)
https://spectator.com.au/2021/07/exclusive-liberal-senator-we-must-rejec...

tbb has never owned a mobile phone for many reasons...
Anyhow, entered a 7/11 Store & owners challenged tbb's right to sign in...then clocked me in store.
Served me a disguised burnt black meal...after paying $50...was also stalked to my car...why so mean?
tbb noted rare solo sign ins, No phone > must be a Hot Spot fugitive, so they checked out my plates.
In my own town & will never go there again...bans have started.

Just saying...the POV / QR assimilation empowers Cyborgs to judge endangered species as (Criminals)
Gonna get real sick of reliving the Punk Era...again, have Cops accuse tbb of robbing banks & rape.
Cops train Cadets + Security / cams suss out those without Mobile Phones as Them > The evil enemy!

100 Covid Jabs buys nothing...you still need cyborg Vax assimilation to re-enter the Matrix.
2021 Delta Quadrant ...Humans underwent final phase assimilation after surrendering to the Borgs!
https://intl.startrek.com/database_article/borg-cube

eat-your-vegies Wednesday, 14 Jul 2021 at 11:28pm

Hi coaster
I agree that there are many thousands of cases in India still.
Hopefully this graph posts on SN to show what I meant about the huge drop in cases there in the last month or two.
We need to know what has caused this.

https://images.app.goo.gl/nx9NLa4puL21qmxW8

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 15 Jul 2021 at 7:09am

@eat your vegies , the WHO will try and tell you the decline was due to curfews , mask wearing , social distancing and washing your hands . There are many links saying that there is no proof or evidence that ivermectin and HCQ is the reason for decline . It was like the TNI couldn’t get the stories out fast enough . Then there was virtually no stories reporting the situation in India , it was bizarre to say the least . Our media in Australia has through out this pandemic , only put out the fear , doom and gloom stories, they don’t report on any success stories. The WHO has got worse as this pandemic continues , they have in my opinion a lot to answer for with their decisions and influence . To make a decision on ivermectin with no vote being taken after reviewing the submitted evidence raises a red flag about who really runs that organisation .

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 15 Jul 2021 at 7:39am

The Australian media and scaremongering…..like fish and chips. A match made in heaven! Try this headline on for size, yesterday from SMH.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/nobody-is-safe-one-in-three-covid-19...

No one is safe!!!!!! If you read the story there is 21 people in the entirety of Australia actually in ICU WITH Covid. Of these a “disproportionate” number are younger, apparently healthy people. How many people are we talking? Three, maybe four? In the entirety of Australia there’s perhaps three younger ( maybe sub 50 YO) in ICU. Anyone at all in IVU is terrible but our hospitals are full with people in ICU every other day of the year. I don’t see similar headlines about road fatalities. Hype! Hype! Hype!

BTW…Dont you love the demure references in the media regarding the second death WITH Covid this year? A fella in his 70’s who the media was reporting as “unclear if he was vaccinated”. Which sounds to me me like he was vaccinated or else they’d establish that he wasn’t very rapidly indeed.. “Half of Australia’s Covid adjacent deaths in the past year were vaccinated” doesn’t have quite the ring the media needs I guess.

lucky-al's picture
lucky-al's picture
lucky-al Thursday, 15 Jul 2021 at 2:18pm
Supafreak wrote:

@eat your vegies , the WHO will try and tell you the decline was due to curfews , mask wearing , social distancing and washing your hands . There are many links saying that there is no proof or evidence that ivermectin and HCQ is the reason for decline . It was like the TNI couldn’t get the stories out fast enough . Then there was virtually no stories reporting the situation in India , it was bizarre to say the least . Our media in Australia has through out this pandemic , only put out the fear , doom and gloom stories, they don’t report on any success stories. The WHO has got worse as this pandemic continues , they have in my opinion a lot to answer for with their decisions and influence . To make a decision on ivermectin with no vote being taken after reviewing the submitted evidence raises a red flag about who really runs that organisation .

Here's an interesting read for you Supafreak: https://www.avensonline.org/wp-content/uploads/JIMT-2378-1343-02-0004.pdf. Check out the list of references at the end too.

bonza's picture
bonza's picture
bonza Thursday, 15 Jul 2021 at 2:51pm

the above journal published by Avens Publishing Group is listed in Bealle's infamous list of of potential predatory journals and publishers.
theres other way to determine quackery journals

lucky-al's picture
lucky-al's picture
lucky-al Thursday, 15 Jul 2021 at 3:37pm

I did read about Avens Publishing Group before posting and see your point but think the article is worth sharing anyway for its ideas and especially its reference list.

old-dog's picture
old-dog's picture
old-dog Thursday, 15 Jul 2021 at 4:18pm

Scaremongering? maybe, but if there was no lockdown and they let it rip and we saw 1000s of infections a day then the numbers in hospital and ICU would skyrocket just like in other countries.
The only reason we have only had a few deaths is because up until now the virus has been almost eliminated in Aust. We aint seen nothing yet.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 15 Jul 2021 at 4:29pm

@lucky-al , thanks for that , Ive read similar articles before. This one may interest you . https://zeroanthropology.net/2021/05/24/the-world-health-organization-wh...

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 15 Jul 2021 at 6:57pm

"Indonesia Regulator Allows Ivermectin Use For Covid Treatment

BY TYLER DURDEN

WEDNESDAY, JUL 14, 2021 - 09:28 PM

Merely mentioning the name of the vaccine-busting drug Ivermectin in the US is enough to get you carted off for "questioning" to the nearest illegal CIA blacksite, have the NSA leak all your private information to MSNBC, WaPo and the NYT and quietly shipped off to Guantanamo for permanent re-education under the daily auspices of Critical Race Theory. But not in the "banana republic" of Indonesia, where on Thursday, Ivermectin was officially approved for covid treatment in a vicious blow to the "buy my vaccine" pharmaceutical lobby around the world.

According to Bloomberg, Indonesia’s food and drug regulator, known as BPOM, has issued a letter approving the distribution of Ivermectin, Remdesivir, Favipiravir, Oseltamivir, immunoglobulin, Tocilizumab, Azithromycin and Dexametason to be used in treatment of Covid-19, according to a statement from the agency. The latter, Bloomberg adds, was issued as guidance for distributors of the drugs.

The startling development - if only to the anti-Ivermectin oligarchs in "developed" Western nations - takes place two weeks after eight hospitals in Indonesia began conducting clinical trials on Ivermectin, an anti-parasitic medicine that has appeared to be a potential Covid-19 medication and which is greatly hated by the establishment due to its low price and its ability to eradicate the covid plague which the establishment desperately needs to perpetuate a state of constant near-panic not to mention enabling trillions in fiscal and monetary stimulus, following a permit issued by the national agency of drug and food control.

BPOM's head Penny K. Lukito said at a press conference on Monday (June 28) that global data and guidelines from the World Health Organization (WHO) show that Ivermectin, previously used for deworming, can also be used for Covid-19 treatment. However, while the BOMP said on June 28 that data are still being collected and the results are not conclusive, it appears that two weeks later it has found enough conclusive data to formally approve Ivermectin for covid treatment."

well about bloody time!

WHO WHO WHO... WTF is it that you actually do?

(besides stall, obfuscate and look after crooks...)

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/indonesia-regulator-allows-ivermectin-...

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 15 Jul 2021 at 7:02pm

"...Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus has called the growing divide a “catastrophic moral failure.”

He is of course referring to the inability of pharma giants like Pfizer to deliver millions of doses to poor countries like Indonesia which won't pay it tens of billions of dollars. Well, poor countries like Indonesia are taking matters into their own hands, and we wonder what China Ted will say now that the Asian nation has found a way out of the vaccine squeeze: one involving the use of the single most hated compound by rich pharma barons everywhere..."

"China Ted" ...classic...

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 15 Jul 2021 at 8:22pm

Not sure if you read this article sypkan, could be a bit of a problem rolling out the I drug . https://asiatimes.com/2021/07/parasitic-politics-plague-ivermectin-use-i... And Joko is under a bit of pressure https://www.scmp.com/week-asia/opinion/article/3140889/indonesias-corona...

tylerdurden's picture
tylerdurden's picture
tylerdurden Thursday, 15 Jul 2021 at 8:39pm

Spyken, evidence based medicine is a complicated business, double standards are rife depending on business, distribution and even local economic factors.
I think Ivermectin should be used in conjunction with vaccines. The delay in implementation vs the speed of the vaccine approval worries me...but I think both are needed

bonza's picture
bonza's picture
bonza Thursday, 15 Jul 2021 at 9:08pm

“ evidence based medicine is a complicated business, double standards are rife depending on business, distribution and even local economic factors.”

Totes. we should look to the pure uncomplicated business models of non evidence based ‘medicine’ models.
Like crystals and vibrations and shit.

tylerdurden's picture
tylerdurden's picture
tylerdurden Thursday, 15 Jul 2021 at 9:15pm

You’re not far from the truth Bonza, even though I think you’re giving me a bit of shit

bonza's picture
bonza's picture
bonza Thursday, 15 Jul 2021 at 9:23pm

Here’s a tip Tyler. If you r trying to advance the legitimacy of Ivermectin saying dumb shit above along with your hyperbole opening statements in your article above (if that is you?) will not help your case.

JQ's picture
JQ's picture
JQ Thursday, 15 Jul 2021 at 9:25pm

Wow those zerohedge guys are really going off the deep end with all this hey.

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Thursday, 15 Jul 2021 at 9:35pm

Qld CHO : I'm very concerned about Vaccinated infectious Airport worker.
Kid / Dad flew in Last Friday > Woman Airport worker in 40's infected Mon, Tues, Wed.
https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/health-wellbeing/qld-covid-exposure-sites...

Of Interest!
Exposure Sites & Airport dates / times were added to the scoreboard even faster than non vaxerz.
CHO : 'There is a Significant Risk there & those people could, of course have gone anywhere in SEQ."
Extra week SEQ Mask order + 4 sq/m Patronage
CHO / Govt are 'Very Concerned'
CHO : 'They' have been working at the Airport for 3 Days while infectious!
(They) May refer to Thursday's 2 [+] Quarantine Cases (Possible Airport Workers)
(Qld Total > 3 Airport / community cases + 2 Quarantine = 5 Qld cases today)

Qld Govt's strict Fully Vaxed infectious response is now way more unpredictable than pre rollout.
Double Vax [+] now threatens Qld Premier's Olympic Bid as Qld teeters on the edge of a Lockdown!
Qldurrz only know that the Vaxer is up on the Scoreboard & stressing out our CHO more than before.
Get 1 or 100 vaxes but we still ride the lockdown & now the Contact tracer's job is a Nightmare.
If any of the Crew think that Vaxerz don't spread, then now's a good time to convince our Qld CHO.

News : "Qld Govt is racing to avoid Brisbane's 4th Lockdown!"
https://www.theislanderonline.com.au/story/7341817/qld-records-three-new...
Qld RACGP Chair : "Qld Borders are coming into Question & more likely to close than not!"

Looks like Qldurrz have enough infections to tag on for NSW (vs) Vic Lockdown.

TV News Break just called it & again.
Level 1 {| *Qld On the Brink * */}
Level 2 (# Qld Lockdown is Looming #)

PS: Should the entire East Coast Lockdown...WA will never get a better chance to secede!
Talisman Sabre will need to Pack Up & that Chinese War Ship must retreat to 1.5m from shore.

tylerdurden's picture
tylerdurden's picture
tylerdurden Thursday, 15 Jul 2021 at 9:40pm

Heard of Oxycontin? The Sackler family owned the Pharma company (Purdue), a journal, a research company and an advertising company.
They did the research into their own drug, drew some (dodgy) conclusions that it was a wonder drug, published the results in their own journal and also ran ads in the journal promoting it.
No declaration of conflict of interest and all, seemingly, evidence based.
Evidenced based medicine is great and should be upheld. However, what actually makes it on to the market and becomes popular opinion are entirely different things

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 15 Jul 2021 at 9:49pm

@bonza , zero hedge Tyler Durden and swell net tyler durden arent the same person if that’s what your thinking ? Correct me if I’m wrong.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 15 Jul 2021 at 10:10pm

"Spyken, evidence based medicine is a complicated business, double standards are rife depending on business, distribution and even local economic factors.
I think Ivermectin should be used in conjunction with vaccines. The delay in implementation vs the speed of the vaccine approval worries me...but I think both are needed"

well yeh...

Im not saying it's the wonder cure all, just that in countries like indo, where vaccine rates are low and availability seriously struggling, why wouldn't you give it a run?

i know why, ...because there's been a massive misinformation campaign discrediting the drug, and exaggerating false claims about it being dangerous...

all the while... any positive news or even balanced discussion has been tightly censored as 'misinformation'...

truly bizarre times we are living in

this isn't only about corona, every mildly controversial political issue is now censored as 'misinformation', ...while the blatant liars of the establishment (for want of a better term..) peddle all sorts of bullshit and their blatant manipulative lies... 'misinformation' if you will...

this is what is dangerous, on so many levels

indo is overwhelmed, very similar to how india, mexico, and various other countries were... do you just let people die whilst imposing first world medical standards on them as they wait for vaccines that clearly are not coming?

270 million people in indo, probably lucky if 20% of that population is vaccinated, they have a long long way to go... plus a large proportion of that percentage got sinovax, which is proving rather useless... waiting for the WHO, big pharma, and some aloof form of charity to get their shit together doesn't seem a viable option

I personally know of relatively young healthy people dying, the medical system is 'collapsing', the place is a mess, big pharma and western development levels of medicine safety ain't coming to their rescue...

bonza's picture
bonza's picture
bonza Thursday, 15 Jul 2021 at 9:54pm

heard of infant mortality? good chance you are here thanks to evidence based medicine that prevented your mother from bleeding to death.
heard of cancer. good chance you have a loved one that has survived the disease because of evidence base medicine
heard of sanitisation? evidence based medicine showed us the connection between death and contaminated water.
heard of Penicillium? evidence based medicine gave you antibiotics so that time you urchined the fark out of your foot on that reef your foot didn't go black, get cut off or worse kill you.
heard of vaccines - yeah you heard that one didn't ya.

bonza's picture
bonza's picture
bonza Thursday, 15 Jul 2021 at 9:56pm

thanks supa. i didn't know that.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 15 Jul 2021 at 9:57pm

"Wow those zerohedge guys are really going off the deep end with all this hey."

they have a bit...

but they are citing 'bloomberg'

who seems to be part of your approved tribe of dogmatists

tylerdurden's picture
tylerdurden's picture
tylerdurden Thursday, 15 Jul 2021 at 10:11pm

Hey Bonza, take a step back. Each of those examples you cited on the one hand have progressed because of evidence based medicine but on the other have also been subject to market forces and certain treatment regimes have been promoted in a so-called scientific way by the very same company profiting from them.
It’s our system, done pretty well over the years but not perfect.

Re Ivermectin, if the government announced tomorrow that they’re giving it to all known positives plus the close contacts and then cited a series of papers to justify their decision it would be hard to argue against.
It’s all about liability and someone somewhere sponsoring it in at the TGA.
The evidence seemingly exists, and the point I’m making is that sometimes evidence alone not enough

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 15 Jul 2021 at 10:08pm

@bonza , easy mistake given the posts that were going up at the time.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 15 Jul 2021 at 10:16pm

sypkan wrote
Im not saying it's the wonder cure all, just that in countries like indo, where vaccine rates are low and availability seriously struggling, why wouldn't you give it a run?

i know why, ...because there's been a massive misinformation campaign discrediting the drug, and exaggerating false claims about it being dangerous...

all the while... any positive news or even balanced discussion has been tightly censored as 'misinformation'...

truly bizarre times we are living in

this isn't the only about corona, every mildly controversial political issue is now censored as 'misinformation', ...while the blatant liars of the establishment (for want of a better term..) peddle all sorts of bullshit and their blatant manipulative lies... 'misinformation' if you will...

this is what is dangerous, on so many levels

indo is overwhelmed, very similar to how india, mexico, and various other countries were... do just let people die whilst imposing first world medical standards on them as they wait for vaccines that clearly are not coming?

270 million people in indo, probably lucky if 20% of that population is vaccinated, they have a long long way to go... plus a large proportion of that percentage got sinovax, which is proving rather useless... waiting for the WHO, big pharma, and some aloof form of charity to get their shit together doesn't seem a viable option

I personally know of relatively young healthy people dying, the medical system is 'collapsing', the place is a mess, big pharma and western development levels of medicine safety ain't coming to their rescue...

Totally agree sypkan , given ivermectin’s proven safety record why wouldn’t you give it a shot when your country is in this situation The US did nothing in the beginning, go home and see how sick ya get was the order of the day and look how they ended up . The idea of not treating sick patients early was unbelievable, where the fuck did that come from ?

tylerdurden's picture
tylerdurden's picture
tylerdurden Thursday, 15 Jul 2021 at 10:18pm

I agree with you Spykan. I think there is enough evidence to give it a go everywhere

bonza's picture
bonza's picture
bonza Thursday, 15 Jul 2021 at 10:30pm

wtf are you saying tyler re market forces?. how you earn a crust is subject to market forces. are you trying to apply different rules for different industries. if so how will you define what industry is subject to market forces and others that aren't?. because of market forces we have seen vaccines produced for a coronavirus within 18 months where its been hanging around unanswered for around 20 years.
Even tried ringing around for a quote for something? think about it.
those 'big evil' pharma corps have supply chains that support workers, manufacturers, couriers, small businesses, workers.
Market forces (capitalism) is an imperfect, corruptible but proven model in advancing technology that advance our societies. Thankfully our democratic, and this may come as a surprise to you - our 'evidence based' institutions - many that use the scientific model are the agencies that hold these products that our market forces produce, to account.
So what are you saying tyler? one rule for some another for another? well put up mate. what's the solution? wellness? fluoride free water? socialism?

tylerdurden's picture
tylerdurden's picture
tylerdurden Thursday, 15 Jul 2021 at 10:41pm

Bonza, I’m off to bed mate.
The massive rush to develop the first vaccine against Covid was in part due to the good heart of drug companies in their desire to rid the world of the disease and in part due to market forces...a shite load of money to be made if you hit the market first.
An expensive cure all drug may be shelved by a drug company even if it fantastic simply because it doesn’t make enough profit.
Crappy drugs that are cheap to manufacture but turn a profit may be pushed hard with drug company sponsored “evidence”. Regional variations in certain beliefs or distribution factors may make a drug profitable in one country yet not another.
These are all the market forces shaping medical practice that I’m talking about.
Scientific evidence is only one factor in determining what’s available on the market and therefore prescribed.
Hope that makes, goodnight