Reality tv

Balance's picture
Balance started the topic in Sunday, 19 Jan 2020 at 4:47pm

So my son sent me this a few hours ago...my firsth thought was...dam...that's 3 minutes of my life I can't ever get back

Then I thought about reality tv and pondered the pros and cons...surely some good has come from it in the 20 or so years it has graced our screens

And because for the most part...none of us can admit to watching it to those we know...

I thought maybe on an anonymous forum we could discuss the finer points

Balance's picture
Balance's picture
Balance Sunday, 19 Jan 2020 at 4:50pm

Somehow I don't think Champ will ever know how loud they clap when he wins that Oscar

Anyone even have a clue what reality show this may have been?

Balance's picture
Balance's picture
Balance Tuesday, 21 Jan 2020 at 12:29pm

It's a rhetorical question of principal I guess I have been pondering

Can you appear on a celebrity reality tv show...when your only meagre claim to fame...is being on an alternate reality show

Obviously im a celebrity get me out of here...but that doesn't make it right...surely it's a practice that must be banned?

Balance's picture
Balance's picture
Balance Tuesday, 21 Jan 2020 at 12:34pm

And a survivor all stars...after just 4 seasons...that hardly seems legitimate to me...a bit like Culture Club putting out a best of album or something...

Balance's picture
Balance's picture
Balance Tuesday, 21 Jan 2020 at 12:35pm

Though I have discovered they are bringing back this...
https://photos.app.goo.gl/fdZCEve7htbFX9GT7

So no complaints

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 21 Jan 2020 at 2:18pm

Yeah sure heaps if not most reality TV is crap and much of it these days is pretty much staged too, but personally i dont mind some of it especially the stuff that borders on docco's, just those outback shows, or pickers, reno shows, travel shows, house design, border control type shows, even some of the more trashy stuff like hoarders, cops, catfish or the odd dating show (but most are really bad) I do like Survivor too and have to admit watched most of those Big brothers and amazing race is okay.

I cant handle those cooking shows or the real trashy dating shows though or any of those talent type shows, or those celebrities shows, or weight losing shows etc

BTW. Went around to a mates house to have a few beers and watch the footy one time and there was an old Big brother contestant there, i never liked her on the show and didn't really like her in real life, she was pretty much the same as on TV over confident and loud just toned down a little.

Also use to see quite a few of them out on the Goldie back when big brother was big.

Balance's picture
Balance's picture
Balance Wednesday, 26 Feb 2020 at 10:31pm

MAFS continues successfully to lower the bar each season

This week bogan Dave takes a dump in the toilet...and mistakes his loving partner.s toothbrush for the toilet brush. He still manages to give new meaning to the term rimjob, and gives that dunny a thorough cleaning

He decides to video his fine achievement and send it around

Apparently rotten eggs teeth have never been cleaner...nor breath ever fresher

The real loser was the poor unsuspecting other husband she hooked up with after...

The psychs are really disappointed

Balance's picture
Balance's picture
Balance Wednesday, 26 Feb 2020 at 10:33pm

This stuff ought be put in one ofe those time capsules...maybe a space pod and sent into the cosmos

Balance's picture
Balance's picture
Balance Sunday, 29 Mar 2020 at 2:44pm

Holy crap...this may be my favourite part of this lockdown thing so far!

My first ever episode of dancing with the stars! Terrible show

But fuck me how nice is that Claudia Karvan! Smoking. Aging like the finest of French wines indeed

A more attractive 47 year old on Australian tv??

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 29 Mar 2020 at 3:12pm

Not reality TV but watched the movie "Contagion" from 2011, it's a good watch not that dissimilar to this event just a much worst virus, trips you out a little when you then go on social media etc, it's like the movie doesn't end.